Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2013, 20:10   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Wow, Arsenal are a joy to watch. Reminds me of the ol' days! Ah, what fun.

I was expecting Arsenal to steamroll the opposition but got a little bugged when it went 2-1. After that, it was just a killing by Arsenal. Glad to see Ozil score.

Ah, I am happy, happy happy
Old 21st October 2013, 20:24   #1262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post

I was expecting Arsenal to steamroll the opposition but got a little bugged when it went 2-1. After that, it was just a killing by Arsenal. Glad to see Ozil score.

Ozil is proving worthy of every penny spent on his transfer. Goes to show what Arsenal were lacking for a few seasons, and what a difference even ONE world class player can make to a team.
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:22   #1263
BHPian

Quote:

Norwich City aren't an easy team to play. Even last season we struggled against them.

As for Arsenal, so far, so good. However, the real test start now. We have been fortunate to have had a relatively easy start to the season, fixture wise.

The next one month could go a long way in establishing title credentials if Arsenal get through them successfully, what with them having to play Dortmund (twice) (Champions League), Chelsea (League Cup), Liverpool, Manchester United and an in form Southampton over this period.

I am really looking forward to seeing if Arsenal can negotiate this set of fixtures well.

Btw, nice to see a lot of Gooners in Kochi.
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:21   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Norwich City aren't an easy team to play. Even last season we struggled against them.

As for Arsenal, so far, so good. However, the real test start now. We have been fortunate to have had a relatively easy start to the season, fixture wise.

The next one month could go a long way in establishing title credentials if Arsenal get through them successfully, what with them having to play Dortmund (twice) (Champions League), Chelsea (League Cup), Liverpool, Manchester United and an in form Southampton over this period.

I am really looking forward to seeing if Arsenal can negotiate this set of fixtures well.

Btw, nice to see a lot of Gooners in Kochi.
Historically Arsenal struggle in December! They really struggle in those hard snowing cold away trips.

If Arsenal can survive this winter then they have a real shot at the title! United are not in the picture, City are still not convincing enough. Only challenge is Mourinho's team that also has been unconvincing at times. Its Arsenal's best chance to end the drought. But as you said, lot will depend on how they do against the big teams.

Last edited by joslicx : 22nd October 2013 at 11:23.
Old 28th October 2013, 16:23   #1265
BHPian

So who is going to smoke at Emirates this weekend?

S A S or AW?

Suarez and Strurridge are in sublime form and the goals against WBA were a treat to watch. Fully made my day.

Love him or Loathe him, but you cannot ignore him.

Any lover of football wouldn't like to miss those goals. Go watch it.

Cheers

Last edited by BheemBoy : 28th October 2013 at 16:27. Reason: added
Old 29th October 2013, 12:38   #1266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BheemBoy View Post
So who is going to smoke at Emirates this weekend?

S A S or AW?

Suarez and Strurridge are in sublime form and the goals against WBA were a treat to watch. Fully made my day.

Love him or Loathe him, but you cannot ignore him.

Any lover of football wouldn't like to miss those goals. Go watch it.

Cheers
If Liverpool continue in the same way as last weekend, they definitely have a chance against high-flying Arsenal. The team looked good in almost all aspects. Though I felt Cissokho was a bit lacking at left, and a fully fit Enrique should be a better option. And even though Sakho is a strong presence in the defense, he looks a bit lacking in pace. Agger maybe a better fit against Arsenal.

The Chelsea – Man. City match was another interesting match. Being a Liverpool fan, I was happy that Torres was labeled as a 50m flop, but I must admit that his performance on Sunday was just excellent.
Old 30th October 2013, 01:07   #1267
BHPian

Anybody awake to see Arsenal vs Chelsea match?
Old 30th October 2013, 10:01   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Anybody awake to see Arsenal vs Chelsea match?
Good I hadn't stayed up to watch it. Recorded. Just finished watching. Ouch, hurts :(
Old 30th October 2013, 10:38   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Good I hadn't stayed up to watch it. Recorded. Just finished watching. Ouch, hurts :(
Yeah. But great play by Arsenal though. A 58m gave a 120m pounds team a run for its money.

Atleast, my team (Man U) comfortably won.
Old 30th October 2013, 14:17   #1270
BHPian

I stayed awake but sadly was no live telecast in TV. I watched it online.

First goal was a poor defensive error. Second one was bound to happen when you push higher up chasing for a goal but nevertheless, great strike by Mata.

I hoped Arsenal would atleast score a goal but Bendtner sucks. He got into good positions and passed the ball deep to our defenders from those positions. He never looked scoring!!!

Hope we come good agaisnt Liverpool this weekend.
Old 30th October 2013, 15:46   #1271
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
I hoped Arsenal would atleast score a goal but Bendtner sucks. He got into good positions and passed the ball deep to our defenders from those positions. He never looked scoring!!!.
Bendtner - I wonder why he is still playing for Arsenal. He may think that he is a boon to the world of football, but his performances are good for the championship (or the tier below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak
Hope we come good agaisnt Liverpool this weekend.
I hope they’re still scarred due to the defeat. Great chance for Liverpool to go on top
Old 8th November 2013, 16:50   #1272
BHPian

Good week for Arsenal beating Liverpool & Dortmund.
Good to see consecutive clean sheets against two teams who are known for their attacking prowess.

Looking forward to the match against Man United this weekend. Hope we could replicate the same away form to cap off a perfect week
Old 8th November 2013, 17:01   #1273
BHPian

Somehow I always felt confident that Man U will win whenever they played against Arsenal. Not sure how it's gonna turn out this time. Hoping Moyes 's good run continues.
Old 8th November 2013, 18:11   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Good week for Arsenal beating Liverpool & Dortmund.
Good to see consecutive clean sheets against two teams who are known for their attacking prowess.

Looking forward to the match against Man United this weekend. Hope we could replicate the same away form to cap off a perfect week
Yeah looking forward to the match. I'm hoping for an 8 - 0 scoreline!
Old 9th November 2013, 17:30   #1275
BHPian

Two years ago, Arsenal won a home match against Liverpool and followed it up with a Champions League victory during the week. Only to lose to Man United 8-1 in their next game.

Will history repeat itself?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks