Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:05   #2446
Distinguished - BHPian

Are there better alternatives for Coach's formula? I know Coach's formula is creatine, and I feel it gives me a good boost of energy as I work out.

But it does not dissolve completely in water and I do know that long term usage will affect my kidneys. So I am looking for something that totally dissolves in water, and I will further more flush it out of my system by drinking more water. I do about 1.5 litres of water right in the gym every day.

I have just re-started my work-outs after a span of 4 months now - back on a circuit for a month to get prepped with swimming on the week-ends. So I am on ON Gold Standard Whey after my work-out, Coach's formula during my work out, and Nitrix tablets (2, thrice a day).

When i reached the size and physique I wanted (last november), I stopped swimming (reached the waistline I needed), completely stopped whey, nitrix, and coach's formula and relied 100% on natural diet. That included 250 gms of chicken a day + 12 egg whites (2 yellows). Carbs included salad, brown bread, yoghurt. Unfortunately I did not go into maintenance mode, and have now paid the stupid price for it.

And can someone tell me what a pack of Nitrix 90 tablets cost in Bangalore and where I can get them? Best price. I have quotes from 3300 to 3500. And the Creatine I asked for too.

Last edited by Red Liner : 2nd March 2010 at 09:07.
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:00   #2447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.syedfarhan View Post
Hi guys,
I did try going to gym few years back but then it was pretty hard to stick to the schedule so dropped out after a month. Now thinking of starting with some dumbell exercises at home. Now heres a deal on ebay, do you think the pricing is fine. I am willing to pay a little premium if it saves a bit of time and energy.
eBay India: Best Adjustable Dumbbells Dumbel 3,5 or 7Kg 2 OFF 80% (item 280468058347 end time 22-Mar-2010 10:36:54 IST)
can't say anything, till you visually inspect the goods.
ebay is pretty risky.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:06   #2448
Senior - BHPian

I am starting to use Maxirich(cipla) as a multivitamin.
Anyone else has used it?
Also is it good enough or any better one is there?
Old 6th March 2010, 01:56   #2449
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

small help regarding outer elbow pain! some 1-1.5 months back i was doing biceps exercise. Developed pain in outer elbow of left hand. Spoke to gym instructor, he attributed same to hammer curl exercise. So gave rest to hand for one week, but no change! After some days it reduced a bit and has stayed in same level since. Almost more than one month now :( Any one had similar problem, please tell me the solution.

Gym instructor says, that common, wear a elbow cap and continue the exercise. Also he advised to take Mobizox tablet to loosen the muscles of body!

Any one has taken the above mentioned table! is there any side effect of same?

Thank You
Old 6th March 2010, 02:21   #2450
BHPian

@rec - gym instructor is not a replacement for a doc and neither is this thread - find a competent doc and get your elbow checked asap!
Old 6th March 2010, 17:58   #2451
BHPian

intake of protein

hi

testo i have one more query for you, actually i have heard about kidney failure due to whey protein intake, please let me know something about it

thanks
sajid
Old 6th March 2010, 23:50   #2452
Team-BHP Support

hey guys, IMPORTANT and kind of urgent advice needed for my workout. i need to lose fat on my stomach, and fast. no i dont want a 6 pac or anything since i know its impossible so soon. but in the next 2-3 weeks max i need to lose flab and come close to a flat stomach. please suggest what all i should do and what diet i should follow, i am vegetarian but eat eggs also.

just for info, i am 6ft 4 and weigh 91 kgs. medium/lean build besides of course the couple kgs fat that i wanna lose. well thats what u get sitting at home studying for exams.

thank you. any advice is appreciated.
Old 8th March 2010, 04:42   #2453

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hey guys, IMPORTANT and kind of urgent advice needed for my workout. i need to lose fat on my stomach, and fast. no i dont want a 6 pac or anything since i know its impossible so soon. but in the next 2-3 weeks max i need to lose flab and come close to a flat stomach. please suggest what all i should do and what diet i should follow, i am vegetarian but eat eggs also.

just for info, i am 6ft 4 and weigh 91 kgs. medium/lean build besides of course the couple kgs fat that i wanna lose. well thats what u get sitting at home studying for exams.

thank you. any advice is appreciated.
Cardio, lots of it. Fat near the abdomen will be the last to go and at 91kgs you are a bit underweight. Focus on higher intensity lifting and CARDIO!
What's your diet and exercise routine like?
Old 9th March 2010, 13:16   #2454
Senior - BHPian

I picked up ISO Sensation 93 today. Got it from a guy who works at Reliance Wellness. He since Reliance is shutting shop, he can get me the stuff and he distributes to many gyms in the indiranagar area. Paid 2350 for a 2lb tub of Vanilla Bean (MRP is 2599).
Please help me identify if this is genuine or fake. I see that there is no outer seal and just an inner seal. Since this is the first time I am using the product I have no clue as to if this is the norm or not. Have attached some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-dscf0210-small.jpg  

Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-dscf0213-small.jpg  

Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-dscf0214-small.jpg  

Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-dscf0215-small.jpg  

Old 9th March 2010, 16:14   #2455
Senior - BHPian

It looks genuine jaguar as i have a similar jar.
Old 9th March 2010, 16:20   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I picked up ISO Sensation 93 today. Got it from a guy who works at Reliance Wellness. He since Reliance is shutting shop, he can get me the stuff and he distributes to many gyms in the indiranagar area. Paid 2350 for a 2lb tub of Vanilla Bean (MRP is 2599).
Please help me identify if this is genuine or fake. I see that there is no outer seal and just an inner seal. Since this is the first time I am using the product I have no clue as to if this is the norm or not. Have attached some pics.
looks like original but is little expensive, any specific reason to buy whey isolates?
Old 9th March 2010, 16:33   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
It looks genuine jaguar as i have a similar jar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
looks like original but is little expensive, any specific reason to buy whey isolates?
Thanks guys.

@RedCircle, What is the price you get it for? My gym instructor infact quoted 2700
I am not looking for mass gain. Just need protein supplement since I am a veggie.
Old 9th March 2010, 17:59   #2458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.

@RedCircle, What is the price you get it for? My gym instructor infact quoted 2700
I am not looking for mass gain. Just need protein supplement since I am a veggie.
I buy only 5lb tubs.
From mumbai i got it for 4250 6-7 months back.
From delhi am getting it currently for 38-3900.

Its a very good product if someone is looking for a lean physique
Old 9th March 2010, 19:03   #2459
Senior - BHPian

That are some very good prices. Here 5lb was for some 4800. Next time I'll try to source it from delhi.
Lean is what I am aiming for
Old 10th March 2010, 10:21   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.

I dint mean what you paid is more but on a general note whey protein isolates are costlier than whey blend (concentrate+isolates) or whey concentrate. a 2lb iso sensation has 28 servings so one scoop will cost you 83rs . checkout whey isolates from www.allthewhey.com A 5lb tub (80 servings) is available for 3.5k in blr which is worth the money IMHO

Most Viewed