Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2015, 16:07   #6136
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
But i felt,after hearing about the Big Lebowski for years,it was very underwhelming.6/10.
Agree about The Big Lebowski. Watched it some 2-3 times over the years, but couldn't relate much to it nor did I find it roll on the floor funny. However it is a cult classic much like Wayne's World which too I didn't like much though I am a big fan of Mike Myers.

If your liked Fargo the movie, you might also like Fargo the TV series that came out last year.
Old 25th June 2015, 18:10   #6137
Team-BHP Support

Watched Spy last night. Went for Jason Statham, but must say, the performance by Melissa McCarthy was brilliant. Of course, the movie also proved that Statham can do comedy as well.

My wife found a few scenes gory, but, overall it was a good laugh! 7.5/10.
Old 28th June 2015, 02:53   #6138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
If your liked Fargo the movie, you might also like Fargo the TV series that came out last year.
Yeaaa?

Yes i have heard good things about that TV series.Will check it out.

Couple of other random movies that i saw lately.

1.Leon The Professional(1994). Wanted to see what is all the fuss about this movie.Wasnt dissapointed.Unbelievable performance by a young Natalie Portman.And the always cool Jean Reno. A very unique story,i must say.
Oh and yes,Gary *beep*ing Oldman.

2.Zodiac(2007) - A David Fincher crime investigation thriller.It follows the case of the famous Zodiac serial killer and the story about the detectives and police man tasked with hunting him down.A very underrated David Fincher masterpiece,in my opinion.

If you dont know about the Zodiac killer,you should watch this movie.Excellent performances by Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Ruffalo.

3.Ex-Machina - a gripping Sc

Last edited by avishar : 28th June 2015 at 02:59.
Old 28th June 2015, 09:54   #6139
Distinguished - BHPian

Poltergeist(2015):

Why is Hollywood hellbent on destroying cult classics with bad remakes? Jump scares, loud music and raztmatazz CGI-ified visuals as usual. Seems like Sam Rockwell was in it just for the money, because by the second half even he seemed bored to death.

04/10 (and that's being generous)
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:37   #6140
Team-BHP Support

For all you guys waiting for Terminator Genisys, the Terminator threat is very much real -> BBC Trending - What links a reporter and the robot apocalypse?

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd July 2015 at 18:40.
Old 3rd July 2015, 02:05   #6141
BHPian

Terminator Genisys: 3/5

Just saw the fifth movie of Terminator franchise. Read somewhere that this one would be a 'retcon' or reboot which it was although in a twisted, bewildering way. Story leaves a mental itch as writers try to pass on practically anything in the name of time travel (Concept already introduced in Salvation, hope I'm not spoiling anything here).

Movie in itself was decent but expected more action out of it.
P.S. Has a mid-credit scene.
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:51   #6142
Senior - BHPian

While on the subject of Terminators, here's a real life incident that is being commented upon with an oblique reference to Hollywood

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ind...ry?id=32180753
Old 3rd July 2015, 21:18   #6143
BHPian

Getting goosebumps as I listen to Interstellar's OST by Hans Zimmer.
Old 3rd July 2015, 23:50   #6144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Getting goosebumps as I listen to Interstellar's OST by Hans Zimmer.
Or for that matter, any piece created by Hans Zimmer. My favourites are the dark Knight and pirates of the carribean
Old 9th July 2015, 11:01   #6145
Senior - BHPian

Les Miserables (10/10)

I saw Les miserables on TV a few weeks ago, and am absolutely captivated! This is the musical version with Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe and Anne Hathaway, it is a great watch for musical lovers. If you can get past the notion of 'Musicals are boring', it is a great movie based on the legendary book by Victor Hugo. Songs are wonderful, cinematography is beautiful and the cast is great. I can't think of any current Indian actors singing and acting the way these powerhouses of Hollywood have carried this movie.

If you haven't heard about the story, don't read anything on it. Watch it first and read later.
Old 10th July 2015, 06:42   #6146
Distinguished - BHPian

Minions: 4/5
A riot of fun! There isn't a quiet moment in the movie. But I feel let down a bit. In Despicable Me 1 & 2; the minions play a non-central but a vital role, moving in and out of the script; more in the sequel than the first movie. But every minion character, every scene is out of the world. Unfortunately, on their own, the minions (or rather the script writers) aren't able to hold their ground throughout the 2 hour period, but rather do it in patches.

Mind you, the movie is nothing short of awesome. Definitely a worth watch, be it a kid or an adult. But not a perfect 5!
Old 13th July 2015, 22:45   #6147
Senior - BHPian

^^ Fully agree, while I enjoyed the movie, the plot wasnt as strong as the previous movies.

in Other news, I finally finished watching all 6 Star Wars movies in the order in which the events happen, was fun
Old 14th July 2015, 02:03   #6148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I finally finished watching all 6 Star Wars movies in the order in which the events happen, was fun
I did procrastinate the Star Wars franchise for quite sometime. But once started, it only took a weekend to see the entire 6 movies. Infact I saw it twice (within a span of 2 months), both times within a weekend. My daughter (then a 3 year old) too enjoyed it
Old 14th July 2015, 02:18   #6149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
My daughter (then a 3 year old) too enjoyed it
Its interesting you said that, my son(also 3 years of age) too watched some of it with me. He is hooked on to the Imperial March soundtrack & Light Sabers
Old 14th July 2015, 07:21   #6150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
^^ Fully agree, while I enjoyed the movie, the plot wasnt as strong as the previous movies.

in Other news, I finally finished watching all 6 Star Wars movies in the order in which the events happen, was fun
Can you kindly post in order how you saw them. I have been longing to see them but never got the time. Will do so now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks