Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2021, 15:25   #8116
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The Little Things (2021) starring Denzel Washington and Rami Malek. It's a crime thriller set in 1990s. Watched it for Denzel. Rami is a good actor to watch out for. His next big release would be the James Bond movie, No Time To Die.

Rating - 3/5

Available on - Amazon Prime Video.
I watched this yesterday and liked it. Excellent acting and a gripping story. Another thing point worth mentioning is the background score which kept me glued!

Rating - 4/5
ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 19:59   #8117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The Little Things (2021) starring Denzel Washington and Rami Malek.
Rating - 3/5

Available on - Amazon Prime Video.
Thank you guys for bringing this us. Hidden gem especially with Denzel Washington too being in it.

The Little Things 3.5/5

Hancock’s crime thriller is a dated attempt that tells an interesting story with some mature performances. It does not bring anything new to a crowded genre however the actors, camera angles and background music need to be talked highly.

My mistake that I watched this post Se7en and may be was hung over the said movie to not enjoy this as much.
Tip: If you're going into this movie looking for another Seven, looking for a tried-and-true detective murder mystery story, then you are going into this movie for the wrong reasons and it will not satisfy you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Just watched it. Nice movie \m/ The background music really worked in elevating the movie

4/5
VWAllstar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 12:24   #8118
Senior - BHPian

His House:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8508734/

"A refugee couple makes a harrowing escape from war-torn South Sudan, but then they struggle to adjust to their new life in an English town that has an evil lurking beneath the surface."

Watched this last night and while it felt slow, it did have it's moments and i had goosebumps a few times

3.5/5.

(Running out of good horror movies to watch )
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 17:33   #8119
Distinguished - BHPian

Allied

Another WWII movie but a different kind. Less action and more about the lives of folks involved in war. Marion Cotillard and Brad Pitt have played their part very well.

Rating: 3.5/5

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3640424/

Available on Amazon Prime.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 21:02   #8120
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if this Alfred Hitchcock film "The Birds" (1963) has been already discussed here. For Hitchcock fans the movie on a AH scale of 10 gets a 6 from me. I would rate "Psycho" at 10/10 however on the AH scale.

Starring Rod Taylor, Tippy Hedren, Jessica Tandy and others, after an unsuspecting beginning set in a pet shop, soon the plot unveils with birds (flocks of seagulls) attacking people violently, without any provocation on Bodega Bay in California. Tippy Hedren as Melanie is shown as the first victim who starts bleeding followed by others. Crows and sparrows are also shown attacking people in the later scenes.

The Aston Martin DB-1 during its prime years, driven by the character Melanie would be from 1958 or so and is a treat to watch with the scenic beauty of the California coast in the backdrop, so well captured by the film crew. Scores of American cars of the era are seen zooming past one another in the traffic scenes.

The trailer:-

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 4th July 2021 at 21:09.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 21:15   #8121
BHPian

VIDEODROME(8/10)[A]

In the Psychological genre, there are 2 Davids who are established and well known. David Lynch and David Fincher. But there is also a third. Someone who is criminally underrated - DAVID CRONEBERG.
And its really astonishing that he came up with this concept. One thing that you need to remember throughout this film is that this was taken back in the early 80’s.

DISCLAIMER:There is some amount of gore,enough to churn your stomach.Not for the weak hearted.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-4af3ef065a7b4ec9be35c4ce39ab9a7f.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th July 2021 at 21:47. Reason: Spacing fixed. Please proof-read before posting. Image inserted in-line.
Sentinel17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 22:00   #8122
BHPian

The Tomorrow War on Amazon Prime. Starring Star-Lord its a decent sci-fi movie about a war fought in the future. Decent action flick, if not watched with high expectations. Would rate it 3/5.
Old 7th July 2021, 06:59   #8123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
The Tomorrow War on Amazon Prime. Starring Star-Lord its a decent sci-fi movie about a war fought in the future. Decent action flick, if not watched with high expectations. Would rate it 3/5.
+1. Though the premise of the movie wasn't anything groundbreaking, there are no boring moments and the action sequences are good.
Old 7th July 2021, 13:40   #8124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
+1. Though the premise of the movie wasn't anything groundbreaking, there are no boring moments and the action sequences are good.
I will agree.
This movie falls under the strictly one time watch category. Nothing memorable but a good timepass. I had better expectations after reading reviews but I was a bit disappointed.
Old 8th July 2021, 00:58   #8125
Senior - BHPian

Even I saw 'The Tomorrow war'. Not a bad watch while at the same time there is nothing to remember the movie once it gets over. Feels like it belongs in the same category as 'Oblivion' and 'Edge of tomorrow'. The movie belongs to Chris Pratt with J.K Simmons having a significant part in the end. The movie is not boring and is engaging till the end
Old 8th July 2021, 11:14   #8126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Watched Duel (1971) , the directorial debut of Steven Speilberg - A horror/thriller movie set on road .
Thanks for this awesome recommendation! For me, a good movie is one where our attention and engagement level is at maximum and this didn't disappoint a bit in this front. Rating it a full 10/10.
Old 8th July 2021, 11:31   #8127
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's an unusual choice - The Man from Earth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_from_Earth (Spoilers within the Wiki link)

The gist of it is - a University professor seeks to move to another location and job. His colleagues and a student land in his home just as he prepares to ship out of it. As they all probe deeper into why he seeks to move, the things he reluctantly reveals blows their minds and prove too much for them to comprehend; for he holds some earth-shattering secrets...

That's the best I could do without spoiling it for you.

The entire movie is set within the 4 walls of the professor's home. The thing is an off-key low budget movie that provides a wholesome sort of entertainment that you don't get often. I loved it. Not sure where you'll find it. I have it on my hard drive.
locusjag is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:44   #8128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Here's an unusual choice - The Man from Earth
It's a fantabulous movie, especially on the second watch. When I recommend this movie to someone who's not heard of it, I tell them to jump right in without even finding out the genre or reading a summary.

Net net, when you start watching you should not know whether it is an animation, Sci-fi, murder mystery etc. Just start watching.
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:47   #8129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
It's a fantabulous movie, especially on the second watch. When I recommend this movie to someone who's not heard of it, I tell them to jump right in without even finding out the genre or reading a summary.

Net net, when you start watching you should not know whether it is an animation, Sci-fi, murder mystery etc. Just start watching.
Any idea where it is available in India? I would love to stream it on my TV some time for its brilliant story-telling. I wish I could write a story such as this in my lifetime - the starting is slow, you begin to peel layer after layer until you hit the mother lode at the very end!
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 11:52   #8130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Any idea where it is available in India? I would love to stream it on my TV some time for its brilliant story-telling. I wish I could write a story such as this in my lifetime - the starting is slow, you begin to peel layer after layer until you hit the mother lode at the very end!
Eddy is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks