Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2016, 07:46   #976
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Ore Mukham

Started off well, but then it's a downhill. Story was good but poor script and screenplay. There's a definite disconnection between the past and the present. Could have utilized Aju and the other comedian better, hardly few hilarious dialogues. The 80's theme was pretty good and the music tends to give that touch but wasnt something that you will listen again. All Dhyan does in the movie is smoke, and rant and rave. The suspense bit is the only thing that will make you watch till the end and it isnt the usual climax that's seen in other movies. It's a bit different but not that will give a "wow" reaction.

It can be avoided.

Rating - 1.5/5
Old 16th December 2016, 00:41   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

Theri (Tamil) : 4/5

Watched it on Amazon Prime. Loved the movie overall. I have lot more respect for Atlee now. Though I wouldn't rate this as high as Raja Rani, this still comes close. I am not a big fan of Vijay for his over the top movies, but this was a very well contained one. Save for the climax, nothing over the top I'd say.

I guess all the cast except Amy jackson did a wonderful job too; never expected Samantha to be this good either. Good comedy - even Radhika pulls it off well.

Have to give it to J. Mahendran for bringing life into the cold blooded villain. I always believe a hero is as strong as the villain in a movie and this adds to my belief.

And a special mention to the baby artist too and the one who dubbed for her. What a cute voice & dialogues!

Sad to see the makeover of Amy Jackson - she looked like a doll when I saw her at an arm's length 5-6 years back (during the shooting of her debut movie Madrasipattinam). She doesn't look anywhere close to that in the movie!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th December 2016 at 00:44.
Old 16th December 2016, 07:13   #978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
[b]
Sad to see the makeover of Amy Jackson - she looked like a doll when I saw her at an arm's length 5-6 years back (during the shooting of her debut movie Madrasipattinam). She doesn't look anywhere close to that in the movie!
Even more sad is how a foreigner is being passed of as an Tamil girl in movies such as I, Gethu, Thangamagan, Theri etc. The Lip sync for example is way off.

Obsession with skin color has reached new lows with this.
Old 16th December 2016, 08:54   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Kattappanayile Rithwik Roshan

To start off, I wasnt really keen on watching the movie when I saw the trailer plainly because the lead cast didnt excite me. But I was wrong there. And after seeing pretty good reviews, I decided to take the plunge.

The first half will keep you entertained thanks to Siddique, Dharmajan Bolgatty and Salim Kumar (Yes, he is back and does what he is supposed to do - make people laugh). The second half does have some serious moments but it will keep you engaged. The lead actor, Vishnu acted really well. Cant say the same about the lead girl. She was rather bland. Nadirshah and his team got this knack of chipping in old music and dialogues in their movies and have few of them in this.

I would certainly recommend this for a one time watch that will keep you entertained for couple of hours.

Rating - 4/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
I agree, for crisp funny dialog and some good laughs. Was a good weekend watch.

The cast was well chosen, Dharmajan contributed very well to the whole light hearted fun.
It is interesting to know the lead Vishnu Unnikrishnan was also the story writer.

Rating - 4.5/5

Must see movie for its simplicity . Proves what one can deliver without a super actor. Vishnu did a great job.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:10   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Must see movie for its simplicity . Proves what one can deliver without a super actor. Vishnu did a great job.
More than all these, I didn't find the comedy purposefully made to laugh, but rather gelled into the story; which deserves a lot of credit.

Definitely a one time watch.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:17   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

+1 to all the comments on kattapanayile rithwick roshan. Nadir shah knows clean comedy very well and also how to extract it from his actors. Nice little film. The easy going humor gives a good feel.

Pity he waited so long to start directing.
Old 16th December 2016, 13:46   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Obsession with skin color has reached new lows with this.
Actually in general, there has been more acceptance in the last 10 years' movies than what I've seen growing up in 80s or 90s. I can only recollect Saritha from that generation's actress who looked like one among us . I am hard pressed to think of anyone who acted in the generations before that.

For that matter, the obsession also existed even for actors. Heck 'Mike' Mohan had a movie career for that reason. He disappeared without a trace once SN. Surendar stopped dubbing for him. And yes, his lip syncs are unbearable. Rajinikanth and later Vijayakanth were the first to break the stereotype then.
Old 18th December 2016, 09:15   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Aanandam

Can't call it as a campus movie, but more of a road trip one. The college trip isnt something that we used to have (was more of "Industrial Visits") but there are few things that does bring back memories (guess most of you would understand ). The lead actors have done a good role especially "kuppi" with his no-nonsense jokes which were short and simple. The sir who accompanied them did his role pretty well. BGM and music was also good. The complete crew had a lot of support from Vineeth Sreenivasan and gang which I think helped them bring out this good movie.

It's a refreshing movie which will make you smile and you walk out wearing that smile on your face. Will keep you entertained throughout. Would definitely recommend it. Considering that the entire cast and crew are new, it's a good achievement.

Rating - 4/5
Old 18th December 2016, 10:56   #984
Senior - BHPian

Another tamil actor acting in decent movies is Vijay Anthony. His previous film Pichaikaran was a block buster movie. His latest venture Saithan is also doing well
These 2 movies are in my list.
Old 21st January 2017, 21:16   #985
Senior - BHPian

Kirik Party : 4/5

I had been hearing very good reviews about this movie and since even my wife was pestering me to take her , booked tickets for this show and off we went. The actor even though relatively new, has built up quite a repertoire of movies and is known for his different movies. And this didn't disappoint as well. A very well entertaining movie all the way through with the main theme being college life having a right mix of comedy, emotion and fights.

All the actors have done their job right upto mark. Editing could have been a little tight and also second half could have been reduced by 20 mins.

P.S : Liked the modified contessa car in the movie. A very clean one IMO. Adding couple of pics taken from google. All rights of images to the respective owner/team.
Attached Thumbnails
The Regional movies thread!-kirik-car.jpeg  

The Regional movies thread!-kirik-car-2.jpeg  

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 21st January 2017 at 21:17.
Old 2nd February 2017, 13:33   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Kirik Party : 4/5

I had been hearing very good reviews about this movie and since even my wife was pestering me to take her , booked tickets for this show and off we went. .
I was not very keen on watching the film but wife insisted that we watch it. I like Rakshit Shetty's acting and he has not disappointed. Rashmika Mandanna and Samyuktha Hegde have done very well, considering that this is their first film. Music and photography is excellent.

What I did not like was the duration of the film, non-existence of any storyline and a depiction of the engineering college students as bunch of good for nothing troublemakers. Maybe because, as my wife said, I am middle aged

Rating : 3/5.
Old 12th February 2017, 13:16   #987
BHPian

Dhruvangal 16 (Tamil) : 4/5

Thrilling and gripping story line.
Hats off to the young director - Karthik to have given an excellent movie on debut.
Movie runs for 1.45 hours and keeps you glued to the screen.
Excellent performance from Rahman (wonder why malayalam industry is not utilising this old talent).

Excellent Tamil movie sans big stars, punch dialogues, Fights, Bar song and dance, glamour quotient and song by Gaana Bala.
Brave attempt by the young debut director.

Last edited by bnzjon : 12th February 2017 at 13:26.
Old 12th February 2017, 20:38   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Dhruvangal 16 (Tamil) : 4/5

Thrilling and gripping story line.
Hats off to the young director - Karthik to have given an excellent movie on debut.
Movie runs for 1.45 hours and keeps you glued to the screen.
Excellent performance from Rahman (wonder why malayalam industry is not utilising this old talent).

Excellent Tamil movie sans big stars, punch dialogues, Fights, Bar song and dance, glamour quotient and song by Gaana Bala.
Brave attempt by the young debut director.
+1 to it. Makes yor really glues to the seat. Another brilliant point in the movie is the sound. Awesome sound mix. Right from the rain in the first scene to the BGM song in climax, it is awesome. After a long time a good movie in Tamil.

Singam 3:Watched in Theatre. The sound was too loud (I meant the speakers in theatre, besides every one in the movie shouting at the top of their voice). After movie I was still hearing the 'rrrriiiinnnnngggg" sound in my ears for 15 mins.
Nothing new in the movie. Typical masala movie. No need for heroine or songs.
Would rate it 2/5
Old 19th February 2017, 20:55   #989
Distinguished - BHPian

Ezra

A good attempt (horror genre) from down South but cant match the sheer fear factor that Maya and Pizza 1 had delivered.

Ezra is loosely based on "The Possession". It did give couple of good scares but again, it was kinda expected and wont budge the horror fanatics . The BGM, actors were good and the climax was pretty good (similar to "one" particular Malayalam movie ). Mind you, the movie is pretty long and can drag a bit at times. They shouldn't have stretched it too long especially for an horror subject.

Rating - 2.75/5 (I always recommend horror movies to be watched in theaters but this didnt sent shivers down my spine even though the theater was with Atmos Audio. Have a pretty good sound system at home?, that would do).

Dhruvangal 16

Not commenting more on this. I share the same opinion as others. A brilliant movie with a perfect cast.

Rating - 4.5/5
Old 20th February 2017, 22:26   #990
Senior - BHPian

Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru - 9/10

Watched the movie online. Very good movie and did not even realise the movie had reached the "Intermission". Tight script, good acting kept us hooked to the movie. The best part about the movie - once it is over, you realise there wasn't much to the story at all. But that is what good story telling is about! Great work by the director.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks