Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 21:07   #1126
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

i love the HMT , its an absolutely gorgeous looking piece and obviously looks very well taken care of!
Old 9th October 2011, 12:21   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Posting again. Anybody heard of Indian company Bentex? The watches are nice huge designs with an impeccable built. From those who know about the company say their watches are supposedly on the premium end compared to HMT and Titan.

The prices are in the range of Rupees 5000 to 11000 for the Aquaboss collection. The watch I am looking at is a hybrid where the main watch runs on quartz system and the rechargeable cell is provided by power by the mechanical second hand system next to it. The retailer said that the watch runs on a Rhonda Movement but rest is Manufactured in India.

How would these watches compare to Citizen, Seiko and Orient and Titan and HMT watches?
Old 9th October 2011, 13:01   #1128
BHPian

And the third one:

a Casio Protrek triple sensor
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-casioprotrek.jpg  

Old 9th October 2011, 13:49   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
So, for a budget of Rs 10,000/- and my earlier posted requirements I can also consider Tissot along with Citizen and Seiko? :-) (Are there any Tissots in that range?)
Yeah there are quite a few in the 10k to 20k range with the 15k being the sweet spot. I had got my Tissot (PRC 200) from C.T. Pundole & sons about 3 years back for around the same.
Old 9th October 2011, 19:00   #1130
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Bought another g-shock. GDF-100GB. Was an impulsive buy. Sensor - Alt , Thermo & Barometer.

Which watch do you own?-290920111123.jpg
Old 10th October 2011, 11:12   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Have heard of them but do not know anyone who either owns one or for that matter has even tried them out.

Some of their designs are quite lovely i agree - product range can be seen at bentexwatches.com.

Honestly , cannot say whether i would be comfortable picking one up - the other concern is the number of dealership - i think only 4 in Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Posting again. Anybody heard of Indian company Bentex? The watches are nice huge designs with an impeccable built. From those who know about the company say their watches are supposedly on the premium end compared to HMT and Titan.

How would these watches compare to Citizen, Seiko and Orient and Titan and HMT watches?
Old 10th October 2011, 11:33   #1132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Bought another g-shock. GDF-100GB. Was an impulsive buy. Sensor - Alt , Thermo & Barometer.
Hey Bro, I got the same one too. Impulsive buy for me too. I love orange.

Which watch do you own?-10102011584.jpg
Old 10th October 2011, 12:01   #1133
BANNED

Bentex at one time was a very popular premium brand of watch straps available in India. I guess they are the same, and have entered watches.
Old 10th October 2011, 12:08   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Yes , it is the same company and brand and infact i believe that is clarified on their site as well someplace ( currently not opening)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Bentex at one time was a very popular premium brand of watch straps available in India. I guess they are the same, and have entered watches.
Old 10th October 2011, 23:25   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Their website has lots of typo errors and doesnt impart the premium feeling a swiss watch should have. But the watches seem to be of impeccable build.

I doubt if it is worth putting down 8.5K for a watch that looks the part but is missing the brand image. I can utilize the money to buy a nice watch from various other well-known brands.

Hence confused.
Old 11th October 2011, 01:28   #1136
BHPian

Well for 8.5k you get to buy a Swatch which is Swiss but the premium part is relative & I would any day prefer that over this.
Plus Swatch watches handle wear & tear really well & the biggest enemy of them all - sweat. It doesn't lose it's shine like a Fossil I once had which just almost rusted away.
Old 11th October 2011, 02:15   #1137
BHPian

Which watch do you own?-f305.jpg

Obviously this is one of the most humble one compared to the other beautiful machines posted in this thread. It is a Garmin Forerunner 305 looks ugly (next generation 405 is much sleeker), but does its job well. When it monitors your heart-beat, calories (actually a complete exercise profile), my most frequent use case is to take it in trips/treks/walks/rides and it keeps complete gps track. Got it for $125 from amazon.com a year and half ago.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:07   #1138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Attachment 825280

Obviously this is one of the most humble one compared to the other beautiful machines posted in this thread. It is a Garmin Forerunner 305 looks ugly (next generation 405 is much sleeker), but does its job well. When it monitors your heart-beat, calories (actually a complete exercise profile), my most frequent use case is to take it in trips/treks/walks/rides and it keeps complete gps track. Got it for $125 from amazon.com a year and half ago.
trying to be humble, are we?

That is one of the most functional looking watch i have ever seen.
built for a purpose, suffices(it does, eh?), and seriously cool looking.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:37   #1139
Senior - BHPian

I know someone else as well who had a very similar experience with his Fossil as well , good looking economical watches but not at par unfortunately when it comes to quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Well for 8.5k you get to buy a Swatch which is Swiss but the premium part is relative & I would any day prefer that over this.
Plus Swatch watches handle wear & tear really well & the biggest enemy of them all - sweat. It doesn't lose it's shine like a Fossil I once had which just almost rusted away.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:48   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I know someone else as well who had a very similar experience with his Fossil as well , good looking economical watches but not at par unfortunately when it comes to quality.
Exactly. They have really nice designs & i guess the only "famous" American manufacturer so I had tried to be different
Paid the price with it losing it's overall look within a year & the steel strap breaking away when clapping (furiously) during an old international cricket match at the Sharjah stadium (pretty old match).

Most Viewed