Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2013, 23:13   #2071
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Have anybody here heard about an Indian brand called 'Hegde and Golay' ?
I had a chance to see some of the watches and I picked up 2 of them for a song - as per the gentleman who sold them to me, they (Hegde and Golay) where a Bangalore based company but they closed shops in 1980s. He said the watches uses swiss movements, but had no idea about what movement is used (He said it might be ETA, but he was not sure).

There where four different models but to maintain peace at home, I had to satisfy myself with two models. One of the model will be delivered next week (hopefully) and i have one with me now. If any one is interested, I can post the pictures.

Last edited by theexperthand : 7th September 2013 at 23:14.
Old 9th September 2013, 00:40   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
.... If any one is interested, I can post the pictures.
Please do so. Will be valuable to have pics of this little known brand.
Old 9th September 2013, 22:50   #2073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Have anybody here heard about an Indian brand called 'Hegde and Golay' ?
Sorry for this back 2 back post - on further research, learnt that Tata group took 10% stake in this Bangalore-based company with the intention to acquire it completely and take on HMT in their back yard (Bangalore). Looks like things didn't pan out as planned, Tata exited and launched Titan instead with factory situated in nearby Hosur. Rest is History. Subsequently, Hegde and Golay shut shop in the early 80s.

So you certainly have a piece of history on your wrist, friend. Wear it in good health. Again, appreciate some pics !

Last edited by WindRide : 9th September 2013 at 22:54.
Old 9th September 2013, 23:53   #2074
BHPian

There was another watch company named Bifora watches. I think Titan took over the company & killed it too if I recollect it right.
Old 11th September 2013, 20:18   #2075
Senior - BHPian

Finally made my decision. Picked it up today afternoon and went swimming with it soon afterwards. Need to figure out all the controls. Loving it...

Name:  ForumRunner_20130911_201622.png
Views: 2887
Size:  403.8 KB
Old 11th September 2013, 20:43   #2076
Senior - BHPian

I am a watch lover myself but don't own too many. Here is one I got recently - the Casio Edifice EF-554D-7AV. Its posted for around 12k here but I got a deal online some months back. Love it!
Attached Images

Old 12th September 2013, 14:01   #2077
BHPian

Here is another watch that is very close to my heart. Since it is a manual wind, it stays in safe most of the time.

It is a 18K yellow gold Patek Philippe Gondolo with a calibre 215 movement (215 PS to be precise) on which Patek's reputation for long-lasting, reliable and precise watchmaking is based.

A watch for formal occasions or those black tie events. Though Patek Philippe is considered to be epitome of watch making and though the clean dial and classic lines of this watch makes it an all time classic from Patek's range,I am still partial to my JLC master control.

As usual I will let some pictures do the talking. I have tried to take the close up of the watch against a blue back ground in an effort to do some justice to its beautiful dial, but my photography skills leaves a lot to be desired.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_4909.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4910.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4925.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4926.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4941.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4943.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4950.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4961.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4966.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_4971.jpg  

Old 12th September 2013, 14:13   #2078
BHPian

Tag Heuer Monza Calibre 36 (2005) - Everyday watch
Tissot "T" Touch (2002) - All other days watch
Old 13th September 2013, 15:25   #2079
BHPian

Recently i got this beautiful 10 watch, watch case as a gift. at this point 50% occupied.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img2013091200648.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img2013091200646.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img2013091200644.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img2013091200641.jpg  

Old 15th September 2013, 17:19   #2080
BHPian

My HMT collection (from left): a Pilot from 1970; a Quartz from 1977/78; and two modern Pilots.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-hmts.jpg  

Old 15th September 2013, 21:52   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Sorry for this back 2 back post - on further research, learnt that Tata group took 10% stake in this Bangalore-based company with the intention to acquire it completely and take on HMT in their back yard (Bangalore). Looks like things didn't pan out as planned, Tata exited and launched Titan instead with factory situated in nearby Hosur. Rest is History. Subsequently, Hegde and Golay shut shop in the early 80s.

So you certainly have a piece of history on your wrist, friend. Wear it in good health. Again, appreciate some pics !
Sorry for the late pictures - I am yet to receive my second watch.
Here are few pics of the one I currently have - the model name is Tejus. I am happy to report that the watch is running perfectly fine - even though it have not been used for 30+ years.

Which watch do you own?-1.jpg

Which watch do you own?-2.jpg

Which watch do you own?-3.jpg

--Anoop
Old 17th September 2013, 09:46   #2082
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_limit View Post
Here is another watch that is very close to my heart. Since it is a manual wind, it stays in safe most of the time.

It is a 18K yellow gold Patek Philippe Gondolo with a calibre 215 movement (215 PS to be precise) on which Patek's reputation for long-lasting, reliable and precise watchmaking is based.

A watch for formal occasions or those black tie events. Though Patek Philippe is considered to be epitome of watch making and though the clean dial and classic lines of this watch makes it an all time classic from Patek's range,I am still partial to my JLC master control.

As usual I will let some pictures do the talking. I have tried to take the close up of the watch against a blue back ground in an effort to do some justice to its beautiful dial, but my photography skills leaves a lot to be desired.
Am late but allow me to congratulate you nevertheless. What an elegant and timeless watch! Its definitely got a retro/vintage feel to it but like you said, its perfect for some occasions. The vintage box adds to its charm

Great collection you have. Whenever you have free time, please try to upload a group pic
Old 19th September 2013, 21:20   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Am late but allow me to congratulate you nevertheless. What an elegant and timeless watch! Its definitely got a retro/vintage feel to it but like you said, its perfect for some occasions. The vintage box adds to its charm

Great collection you have. Whenever you have free time, please try to upload a group pic
Many thanks for your appreciation of this watch.
Its a 2003 watch so not yet a classic retro in term of age but yes I agree with you that in term of design it is very retro looking.
But coming from Patek its hardly surprising as they keep the design changes to barre minimum. The new Gondolo doesn't look much different to this one.

I will definitely click and post pictures of all the watches together, please bear with me for a couple of weeks though.
Old 20th September 2013, 09:19   #2084
Senior - BHPian

I own a Fastrack Chronograph. Got it last month from flipkart.

Which watch do you own?-t2ec16hhjie9qsoryjbqwigdmkq60_35.jpg

Last edited by dZired : 20th September 2013 at 09:23.
Old 23rd September 2013, 23:55   #2085
BHPian

Another watch that I wear almost every day - a Camy Popular from circa 1949, manual winding:
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-camy-popular.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks