Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2011, 12:13   #976
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Thanks Hyd_Traveller! That is a decent piece of info. I just wish they had the route as well. Something along the lines of MMTS schedule would have been wonderful! I think the ECIL bus goes through Tarnaka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That is a nice link, Bajaj saa'b. But unfortunately the routes are not plotted in it. Nor are the stops.
http://www.apsrtc.net/About%20Us/Images/Road%20Map1.jpg
Old 7th April 2011, 11:52   #977
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, et

Guys, toll rate for the ORR has been finalised.
We still have 90 days left for free ride after which the toll collection would start. Attached is the news from Times of India.
Hyderabad: Updates on traffic - diversions, road expansions, alternate routes, etc.-orrtoll.jpg
Old 7th April 2011, 17:25   #978
Distinguished - BHPian

Read it in the newspaper this morning. Decent pricing and well worth considering the outstanding quality of the road.

I suspect there will be a lot of traffic on ORR in next 3 months before the actual users start plying on it.
Old 7th April 2011, 17:48   #979
BHPian

+1 on that Avi Bhai. Decent pricing I would say.

However, I am a bit confused about this. I normally take the ORR to descend either at Narsingi or Rajendra Nagar. How would be the pricing structure of this?

Do I pay the Toll at the start of the Toll Gate or at the end of it. Like, I take the entry pass at the starting point and pay at the end?

I guess the opening towards Narsingi on the ORR would be closed, once the Service Road gets fully functional. I see Service Roads being laid right from Nanakramguda Junction till Narsingi Junction & then from Narsingi Junction till Appa Junction.

Last edited by traveloholic : 7th April 2011 at 17:57.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:38   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys, toll rate for the ORR has been finalised.
We still have 90 days left for free ride after which the toll collection would start. Attached is the news from Times of India.
Attachment 527994
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Read it in the newspaper this morning. Decent pricing and well worth considering the outstanding quality of the road.

I suspect there will be a lot of traffic on ORR in next 3 months before the actual users start plying on it.
I found the posts above too tempting to resist. Therefore I travelled 110 kms to work today, instead of the normal 15 kms.

Used the PVNR Expressway and NH7, and turned left to the new ORR that comes up soon after the left turn to the airport---it is the very next turn, around 500 metres from the airport turning, under the second flyover that runs perpendicular to NH7.

Contrary to expectation, there was hardly any traffic at all. I did see a couple of motorbikes and a few cars and Innovas, apart from a couple of dumpers.

I drove for around 26 kms till the well-marked left turn to the Nagarjunasagar highway and then took a U-turn. What surprised me was that I did not find a gap in the median all along to go to the other side of the median. I found most vehicles using the same side of the 4-laned highway in both directions.

I could go to the other side only near the junction to the NH7/ Airport (without descending to NH7), and continued the sprint to work via Gachibowli.

What I liked was that the roads were very well-laid, with a shoulder on the side, and with well-marked boards like in the US. Some boards also read 'no stopping anywhere on the Expressway. In case of emergency stops, use the left shoulder'.

I also liked Olga showing the correct road information all along.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:47   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found the posts above too tempting to resist. Therefore I travelled 110 kms to work today, instead of the normal 15 kms.
What I liked was that the roads were very well-laid, with a shoulder on the side, and with well-marked boards like in the US. Some boards also read 'no stopping anywhere on the Expressway. In case of emergency stops, use the left shoulder'.
I also liked Olga showing the correct road information all along.
Venu sir, I too did the ORR last sunday, from Banjara hills I went to hitec city and then joined the ORR at Gachiboxli junction and then joined NH7 near the airport. Came back to Masab Tank via the PVNR expressway.
Perfect road and the two apartment complexes on the either side of the road at the start gives it a international feel. My only grouse was that I did it in the night , I plan to do it once again in day time.
You have decribed the conditions perfectly .
Old 26th April 2011, 14:10   #982
BHPian

I totally enjoy the ORR experience both ways, to office & back home. However, I hate the strech at Tollgate, it's too bumpy and needs to be addressed immediatly. The moment I see the Tollgate, I get goosebumps, anticipating those 500 meters of bumpy ride to the other side of the Tollgate. Else, ORR is a smooth drive around the city.

OT: What do you expect a motor head to do, when going on his first outing with his would-be wife after engagement?
I took her for a spin around the city. We started from her place at 7.30 pm and returned back at 2.30 am. Started from Vijay Nagar Colony at 7.30 pm. Vijay Nagar Colony - Tank Bund (for a quick bite at Bade Miyaan Kebabs) - Khairtabad - Banjara Hills - J'Hills - Hitec City- Kondapur - Gachibowli - ORR - Shamshabad Airport - Srisailam Highway - Shamshabad Airport - ORR - Gachibowli - Kondapur - Miyapur - Kukkatpally - Sanath Nagar - Bowenpally - Paradise (dinner at Pickle's) - Tank Bund - Vijay Nagar Colony.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:27   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
However, I hate the strech at Tollgate, it's too bumpy and needs to be addressed immediatly. The moment I see the Tollgate, I get goosebumps, anticipating those 500 meters of bumpy ride to the other side of the Tollgate. Else, ORR is a smooth drive around the city.
Yup, that's true, road is bumpy around the toll gate. I too observed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
OT: What do you expect a motor head to do, when going on his first outing with his would-be wife after engagement?
Arre wah Miyaan!! Badhaiyan, congratulations on getting engaged. . This needs to be posted on the Meet thread. calls for a meet.shall we??
Old 26th April 2011, 14:38   #984
BHPian

I am eagerly awaiting to check out the Nanakramguda - Narsingi Service road. Looks like the construction is on in full swing and should be done before Tollgate gets functional.

Do we have a detailed map of the proposed ORR? I see an arm of the ORR turning towards left before Nanakramguda and my wild guess is, it would go towards Patencheru. Just wanted to see, what passes through where.

Once Patencheru strech of ORR becomes functional, people going towards ORR from ISB/Wipro/Nanakramguda should not have a problem and can avoid the bumpy Nanakramguda road. Instead of taking the Wipro Junction - Nanakramguda Road, we can always take the ORR extension, which lies beyond CA Campus.

Quote:
Arre wah Miyaan!! Badhaiyan, congratulations on getting engaged. . This needs to be posted on the Meet thread. calls for a meet.shall we??
Don't post it on Meets Thread, lets people might kick me for planning to get married for the second time. This was, when I was engaged about 2 years ago. I did that strech on April'11 2009. Shaadi hoke 1.5 years ho gaye bhai.
Old 26th April 2011, 15:10   #985
Senior - BHPian

Holy smoke, even I was misled by that post, Nikhil. Anyways, congrats for getting married 1.5 years back!!

I agree with you on the rough stretch near the toll gate---almost caught me off guard this morning.

@Manish---I was referring to the new stretch of ORR in my post---the one from Shamshabad towards Pedda Amberpet. On my return I did travel on that stretch you are referring to---but that stretch is already 2 years old.

Last edited by vnabhi : 26th April 2011 at 15:12.
Old 26th April 2011, 15:15   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Perfect road and the two apartment complexes on the either side of the road at the start gives it a international feel.
The complex is a single one and is called L&T Serene County with 8 buildings on one side (left when going from Gachibowli side to Airport side) and 2 on the other side of the ORR Link Road.

The 2 buildings on the right side are connected to the other 8 on the left side and also to the main gate via an underpass.
Old 26th April 2011, 15:42   #987
Senior - BHPian

Folks, one thing I forgot to mention was seeing an Scorpio, around 300 metres in front of me, braking suddenly on an empty stretch on the new ORR. Though I was in a different lane, I too braked a bit instincively and the speed dropped to below 120.

A wee bit later I discovered why---there was a large swarm of insects I slashed through. The aerodynamic windscreen of the Fiesta helped me, but I guess the Scorp would have felt a light thud on its screen. So 2-wheeler drivers had better beware of that new road.
Old 26th April 2011, 21:12   #988
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday at the Punjagutta Signal.

I am coming from the Somajiguda side. The signal is green. Lots of traffic and I need to enter Banjara Hills.
All of a sudden the signal turns Red. The cars in front of me are stuck at the median. I am a little in front of the stop line. The car to my right is a good car length ahead of me.

There is absolute chaos on the roads. The traffic from the Ameerpet side is going. There are some bikes and a couple of rickshaws that have stopped in front of my car. They want to take the illegal right turn.

Suddenly a cop appears.
Does he clear the traffic. NO.
Does he do anything. NO.

Instead he takes out a camera and starts clicking pictures of the cars stuck in the middle of the road. Those guys had no choice. There was no amber. The signal if I remember correctly went green-red. With maybe a second of amber in between.

The cop also took snaps of the car on my right. I am not sure if he took my snap as well.

I hope I am fined. Will fight this challan.
Old 26th April 2011, 21:17   #989
Senior - BHPian

I was under the impression that after the flyover was put into operation, the right turn at Panjagutta was no longer illegal, especially in the direction BBlost was referring to.

I've seen several cars turning right, and waiting for the light to turn red, whereupon they were ushered to proceed by cops there.
Old 26th April 2011, 21:24   #990
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was under the impression that after the flyover was put into operation, the right turn at Panjagutta was no longer illegal, especially in the direction BBlost was referring to.

I've seen several cars turning right, and waiting for the light to turn red, whereupon they were ushered to proceed by cops there.
Are you sure its legal. Because I have seen it operate in a very funny manner.

The vehicles from the Ameerpet side cross half the road. Then try and get in front of the vehicles waiting from the Somajiguda side.

When the Somajiguda sides signal turns green for going into Banjara Hills. These vehicles proceed into Banjara Hills.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks