Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 19:13   #15886
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
What is RNSIL?
RNS Infrastructure Ltd.
Looks like they have bagged the contract for this project. Couldn't find it being mentioned in the article link though.
perty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 11:58   #15887
BHPian

Guys,

Quick Help. I need to visit Ascendas Voyager Building in ITPL post noon, do we have visitor's parking available there or nearby? I have not been that side for years, want some inputs.
Old 24th July 2018, 12:31   #15888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Guys,

Quick Help. I need to visit Ascendas Voyager Building in ITPL post noon, do we have visitor's parking available there or nearby? I have not been that side for years, want some inputs.
You can park in the MLCP which has visitor parking, parking fees are Rs.100 for a car and Rs.50 for a bike.

The building you will visit will not have any visitor parking.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 15:16   #15889
Distinguished - BHPian

What a pity the lunar eclipse on the 27th doesn't start to be visible till after 10 at night. If it had begun earlier, some of us could have enjoyed a peaceful commute home in the evening, going by what happened during the last eclipse.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le22624254.ece

Truly noteworthy that the city that built the country's first lunar probe also stays indoors during a lunar eclipse.

Last edited by am1m : 24th July 2018 at 15:42.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 18:20   #15890
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this has been reported here. I noticed yesterday that the bridge which was under construction between Gunjur and Carmelaram is now available for traffic. That means it is no longer access restricted and you can drive over it freely. :-) Don't think this will ease traffic on that road by a large measure, but I guess every little bit counts.

Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/ZLNshyQ6fyK2
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 08:23   #15891
BHPian

Folks traveling from silk board toward Sarajapur or Whitefield, beware that the lights underneath the HSR flyover haven't been turned on. This was at 8:22 am today and it's utter chaos
Old 30th July 2018, 09:20   #15892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Folks traveling from silk board toward Sarajapur or Whitefield, beware that the lights underneath the HSR flyover haven't been turned on. This was at 8:22 am today and it's utter chaos

I was part of the mayhem, should have chose to stay on top of the flyover. Vehicles going on the wrong way & completely clogging the opposite lanes, doesn't help anyone, not sure when will people realize it

Don't think the intern's from traffic police department are capable on manually handling the traffic below the flyover. It's too much traffic and too much pressure on them.

The cab drivers were driving sanely & it was the educated folks who were in all sort of hurry.

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 30th July 2018, 10:05   #15893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Guys,

Although I am bit late in replying, you can also use the adjoining Park Square mall parking if arrival time is after 10 AM. it has a flat daily fee of 40 for car, 20 for bike and hence light on pocket
Suryendu87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 20:54   #15894
Senior - BHPian

At an average of 2 deaths per day, Bengaluru roads have turned into virtual deathtraps for commuters (2014-2018), reports Bangalore Mirror.

Quote:
Between 2014 and June 30, 2018, Bengaluru has lost as many as 3,250 precious lives to road accidents and 18,694 persons got injured... 511 persons were killed in car accidents in city followed by 477 people in lorry and 458 persons in motor-bike accidents. As many as 352 persons were killed by accidents caused by unknown vehicles in the city...

In 2014, 711 fatal accidents were reported which claimed 737 lives. In 2015, 714 fatal accidents occurred and 740 people died. In 2016, as many as 793 died in 754 fatal accidents. And 642 persons were killed in 609 fatal accidents reported in 2017. Till June 30, 2018, a total of 338 persons were killed in 330 fatal accidents.
Not something to be proud of.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 23:43   #15895
Senior - BHPian

Seems this lady was in real hurry but it is risky to jump in front of vehicles moving at 40+ kmph speed. There is no proper pedestrian crossing in this part of the Outer Ring Road from Marathahalli to Bellandur resulting in people crossing the road risking their lives.

Last edited by airbus : 30th July 2018 at 23:45.
Old 31st July 2018, 09:05   #15896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
There is no proper pedestrian crossing in this part of the Outer Ring Road from Marathahalli to Bellandur resulting in people crossing the road risking their lives.
Jaywalking is more prevalent in the areas dotted by IT parks. Most often the culprits are the so-called white collar professionals. Numerous times I have encountered situations when they magically appear before me running towards other side and me having to kick the brake. But it would be unfair to lay the blame entirely on them.

Why are the authorities not constructing more Foot Over Bridges (FOB) or subways? It beats me. They simply have no concern for the safety of pedestrians. Just because the biggest tech parks are at Bellandur and Nagawara (Ecospace group and Manyata) and the builders' influential muscle power meant the FOB's were set up.

Now coming back to the pedestrians, what percentage of them actually use these FOB's? I am a daily witness to at least one such examples. Recently an FOB was opened near Embassy Golf Links on Inner Ring Road. Not exactly outside the tech park, about 200m from it. Seems for the employees this is too far to walk and cross. Ironically it is worse right under the FOB. Some lazy imbeciles still prefer the road causing vehicular slowdown. Understand older folk and people with knee problems avoid climbing up the bridge. That is why BBMP should have installed elevators or escalators on both sides to make the bridges accessible to all. Too much to ask of both parties in the end I guess.

Although the need for FOB's is pretty apparent across the city. At these places at least, it is an absolute necessity. My brain only recalls places on ORR.
  • KR Puram Station back exit (Subway)
  • Marathalli Kalamandir (FOB)
  • Kadubeesanahalli underbridge (FOB)
  • Between Cessna Business Park and Wells Fargo (FOB)
  • Following Central flyover before Sarjapur (FOB)
  • Immediately after Sarjapur flyover when proceeding towards Agara (FOB)
  • Silkboard junction (Subway)
  • Madiwala market - Hosur road intersection (FOB)
While at it, also install fixed barricades on the medians so that jaywalkers cannot have their way.

Last edited by strawhat : 31st July 2018 at 09:12.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 09:09   #15897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
There is no proper pedestrian crossing in this part of the Outer Ring Road from Marathahalli to Bellandur resulting in people crossing the road risking their lives.
It's a lot riskier than this, in the other direction - vehicles pick up speed while on the Intel flyover, because a good chunk of vehicles take the exits to head to EcoSpace/EcoWorld/Intel/etc., and the road opens up a bit. To make things worse, people waiting to cross from in between the buses that stop immediately after the flyover almost certainly cannot be seen by motorists until they reach the middle of the road.

Regulars can anticipate pedestrians darting on to the road, but most people do not. Taxis and TT drivers prefer honking the living daylights out of the pedestrians or cutting off others quite dangerously, to slowing down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Jaywalking is more prevalent in the areas dotted by IT parks. Most often the culprits are the so-called white collar professionals. Numerous times I have encountered situations when they magically appear before me running towards other side and me having to kick the brake. But it would be unfair to lay the blame entirely on them.
Jaywalking is prevalent even in places not dotted by IT parks. Case in point, in front of Narayana Hrudayalaya on Hosur road - there's a FOB, yet one can see people running across the road. Another one, Singasandra - there's an underpass for pedestrians yet people run across the road and over the 3 feet tall barricade, right at the point where the underpass entry is located. In broad daylight.

However, the so-called educated "Techie" crowd is proof that education and common sense are totally different.
Quote:
Although the need for FOB's is pretty apparent across the city. At these places it is an absolute necessity
Absolutely. Your list contains all places where FOBs are long overdue.

Last edited by silversteed : 31st July 2018 at 09:23.
Old 31st July 2018, 09:22   #15898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recently an FOB was opened near Embassy Golf Links on Inner Ring Road. Not exactly outside the tech park, about 200m from it. Seems for the employees this is too far to walk and cross.
There's another one on OA road, in front of Big Pitcher/Rahhams. Hardly anyone uses it; preferring to dart in front of the traffic through a conveniently located gap in the median fencing beneath it.

Quote:
Understand older folk and people with knee problems avoid climbing up the bridge. That is why BBMP should have installed elevators or escalators on both sides to make the bridges accessible to all.
Just elevators; not escalators. Escalators are not considered elderly/disabled-friendly. Elsewhere in the world "steps-free access" means elevators & ramps only.
Old 31st July 2018, 10:24   #15899
BHPian

Karthiknagar to Kadubisenahalli is showing blood red @ 10-15 AM. Is it a regular thing at this hour nowadays?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-orr-2.jpg
Old 31st July 2018, 11:33   #15900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Karthiknagar to Kadubisenahalli is showing blood red @ 10-15 AM. Is it a regular thing at this hour nowadays?

Attachment 1785431
Yes it is... Anytime after 930 AM, the stretch from Rainbow hospital in Doddenekundi to Ecospace / Ecoworld (Sakra Flyover) is a 1st - 2nd gear crawl

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks