Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2014, 22:34   #7366
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I guess Modi took a different route (Via Indiranagar - Domlur) for return. Even the Marthahalli route was not tarred for the same, they had only tarred till departure gate of HAL for his visit. The Marthahalli - HAL signal route was tarred in later days.
Also, the newly tarred road is already dug up at multiple places - Near Carlton towers, just before Manipal hospital & near HAL helicopter division.
While the bad road continues to be deteriorate, a perfectly smooth road gets a fresh layer of tar. The Sarjapur flyover on ORR got a fresh coat this weekend, which was already in perfect condition!
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:15   #7367
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Another innovative drive by Bangalore cops against errant, greedy auto drivers in Bangalore and see what they netted
Link

Will they reform at least after this ? Only time will tell!
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:29   #7368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Another innovative drive by Bangalore cops against errant, greedy auto drivers in Bangalore and see what they netted
Link

I too was "thrilled" reading this in 2 dailies.

To answer your question -No they won't reform.

How many times have we seen BTP conduct special training classes for BMTC drivers on safe driving practices and what do we see every day on roads!!

While dropping my daughter to school this morning saw a Tata Ace with school kids merge onto main road at breakneck speed and kids' heads visible from rear windscreen shaking like lifeless objects!! Sorry state it was to see this.

The driver may never get the sense about Safety no matter what. He may drive like that with his own kids too.

So will the lady seated inside taking care of the kids. How do we define and make a "common" human understand what is safe driving?

He's never collided with another car. So he's safer!!

We are a country where the arguments start with "My headlights were on, I put my Indicators".

Ask that moron about lane discipline and he will look dumber and more likely he won't be belted and his mirrors folded, obviously!

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd December 2014 at 09:34.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:55   #7369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Link

No I don't think they will never change even after doing multiple drives like this. The auto drivers protested yesterday saying "Few auto drivers do this, these drivers knew about the drive 2 days before and they took leave and made us fall into this ditch. Also we ask 10-20 Rs extra politely and we do not force the customers to pay extra".

I am still confused about this statement, how can these drivers demand exorbitant fare and refuse to ply. And I am not sure when people will come out of the greediness and think about humanity rather than money.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 15:49   #7370
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

More updates on the Bangalore traffic cops' drive against errant auto drivers - Link

Source:New Indian Express, Bangalore 24 Dec 2014

The report also has details for registering complaints - phone #, website etc
Quote:
BENGALURU: The state treasury is likely to get richer by at least a crore, thanks to the hefty fines imposed on auto drivers during a special drive on Sunday.
About 5,000 autorickshaws were seized on Sunday evening when the Bangalore traffic police went under cover to catch autorickshaw drivers violating the Motor Vehicles Act. Most them were booked for offences such as overcharging, not having correct permits, and not going to places requested by customers.
The traffic police have put various systems in place for citizens to complain in case of misbehaviour by the autorickshaw drivers. A mobile phone number has been provided to SMS complaints (52225-9663952225) or call 080-228684444/080-22868550 to register complaints. The citizens can also click pictures of rule violations with a clear picture of the autorickshaw number and post it on the traffic police’s Public Eye complaint system which can be accessed on http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in.

Old 24th December 2014, 16:13   #7371
BANNED

Quote:

Though the optimist in me tells me that thy are bound to change, in due course the pessimist in me is stronger and louder in saying that these bunch of people will never change. There is a saying in the local language "Nai Baala Donku" literally translated means a dogs tail is always bent. Though, the dogs may feel bad that they are being compared to the auto drivers.
ILTDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 14:35   #7372
BHPian

Today morning, it took only 15 mins to cover Bellandur to K R Puram station at 10 AM. Looks like the entire IT crowd has gone on a vacation. 2 more days to enjoy city roads
Old 26th December 2014, 16:20   #7373
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Today morning, it took only 15 mins to cover Bellandur to K R Puram station at 10 AM. Looks like the entire IT crowd has gone on a vacation. 2 more days to enjoy city roads
I think this will at least last till the new year dawns on us. Till then, this thread could also take a well deserved break
Old 28th December 2014, 21:18   #7374
BHPian

Just saw the below post in BTP's FB page,

Seems Hoodi to Big Bazaar is now one way with a loop created across the major points in Whitefield.

"From 29/12/14, Whitefield Area Traffic Management Plan - Phase-2. Big Loop at Graphite-Hoodi-Big Bazaar-Graphite as well as Right Turn Ban at Kundalahalli. Kindly see the map and use the road accordingly."
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-whitefield-traffic.jpg  

satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 07:41   #7375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Just saw the below post in BTP's FB page,

Seems Hoodi to Big Bazaar is now one way with a loop created across the major points in Whitefield.

"From 29/12/14, Whitefield Area Traffic Management Plan - Phase-2. Big Loop at Graphite-Hoodi-Big Bazaar-Graphite as well as Right Turn Ban at Kundalahalli. Kindly see the map and use the road accordingly."
The stretch looks "almost" signal free. Believe we will have to wait till next week to see if this works since most of the crowed is on vacation.
I hope the lorries, autos etc do not take the wrong lane to save a few KMs.
Old 29th December 2014, 08:12   #7376
BHPian

Quote:

I think Hoodi to Big Bazaar one way is not the step in right direction. This will force all those who want to take Old Madras (to reach KR Puram or Hebbal) towards Graphite signal. IMO it's already over crowded and all these Plans "1,2, small loop and big loop etc" are trying out to reduce traffic congestion around graphite signal.

Today morning I notice BTP closed the gaps of median on top of Marathalli bridge (no criss crossing from now onwards)
Old 29th December 2014, 08:35   #7377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Yes, right time to enjoy city roads in case you are not going out on vacation. Else it is not the right time to enjoy highway driving due to traffic jams at toll plazas.
Old 29th December 2014, 08:40   #7378
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../45654242.cms?
Three expressways are slated to come up at busy junctions, connecting Hebbal, Hosur Road and K R Puram

Within a year? All 3 are super heavy density stretches with limited scope to divert traffic. Just what exactly do they have in mind? There was talk of pre-fabricated metal flyover components for the Windsor Manor to Hebbal stretch at one point in time.

God bless them! Remember what they did with the magic boxes....

Last edited by itwasntme : 29th December 2014 at 08:42. Reason: URL
Old 29th December 2014, 08:59   #7379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
The stretch looks "almost" signal free. Believe we will have to wait till next week to see if this works since most of the crowed is on vacation.
I hope the lorries, autos etc do not take the wrong lane to save a few KMs.
Yes. This means the stretch from KR Puram till Big Bazaar will be almost signal free. Come next week, I wanna see how Graphite India is affected by this change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
I think Hoodi to Big Bazaar one way is not the step in right direction. This will force all those who want to take Old Madras (to reach KR Puram or Hebbal) towards Graphite signal. IMO it's already over crowded and all these Plans "1,2, small loop and big loop etc" are trying out to reduce traffic congestion around graphite signal.

Today morning I notice BTP closed the gaps of median on top of Marathalli bridge (no criss crossing from now onwards)
Exactly. While BTP has eased the onwards route from KR Puram to ITPL, I am not sure if they have done the same for return as well. The whole IT population of Whitefield will now come to Graphite India before deciding where they wanna go.

Or we could be completely wrong and this might work. Anything is possible in Bangalore traffic.

Quote:
Yes, right time to enjoy city roads in case you are not going out on vacation. Else it is not the right time to enjoy highway driving due to traffic jams at toll plazas.
Oh, you should have seen the traffic yesterday evening at Krishnagiri and Hosur tolls. The queue was half a km long and it took a good 30 mins to cross each of the tolls.

Last edited by satan's_valet : 29th December 2014 at 09:03.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:20   #7380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Oh, you should have seen the traffic yesterday evening at Krishnagiri and Hosur tolls. The queue was half a km long and it took a good 30 mins to cross each of the tolls.
30 minutes is not that big a deal, is it? A colleague of mine who drove from Thrissur to Bangalore yesterday says it took him 17 hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks