Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2017, 12:14   #15076
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

@hrman, Traffic from Hosur Road towards Bannerghatta Road is blocked. So, you can't take a right turn, If you're coming from Brigade Road. And from this point Hosur Road is made One Way. And Bannerghatta Road, is a One-way from back side of Bosch Co.

Is it temporary or any repair work is going on?
Old 11th December 2017, 12:23   #15077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Both are True : Temporary and repair work. If you want me to be specific, the reason for this is the infamous white topping.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 16:18   #15078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
@hrman, Traffic from Hosur Road towards Bannerghatta Road is blocked. So, you can't take a right turn, If you're coming from Brigade Road. And from this point Hosur Road is made One Way. And Bannerghatta Road, is a One-way from back side of Bosch Co.

Parag has given a good explanation some posts earlier.

Bannerghata road:
The white topping is scheduled from the cemetry (junction of BG road and Hosur road) all the way upto JD Mara junction on BG road (Roughly 5.5 kms)

Hosur road:
White topping is planned from the Brigade road upto Silk Board -5.5 kms.
Happy days are here..
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 19:24   #15079
BHPian

Continuing with white topping, the work on the outer ring road near Hennur does not even look like nearing completion just yet!

And work on the stretch after RM nagar junction towards old madras road is still in its infancy. By the looks of it, all this white topping work all over the city is going to take at least six months by which time it will be time for the next monsoon and we can test the work done. Wow! perfect timing by BBMP.
Old 11th December 2017, 21:15   #15080
BHPian

Any idea whether the white topping will continue tomorrow also? Today morning I got stuck in Blr elevated expressway from Electronic city towards silk board side and spent more than 1.5 hrs in the flyover (9:30 Am to 11:00 plus AM) (My longest experience ever in elevated express way) . If it is there tomorrow also, I will have to take alternative route.
Old 11th December 2017, 21:44   #15081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Any idea whether the white topping will continue tomorrow also? Today morning I got stuck in Blr elevated expressway from Electronic city towards silk board side and spent more than 1.5 hrs in the flyover (9:30 Am to 11:00 plus AM) (My longest experience ever in elevated express way) . If it is there tomorrow also, I will have to take alternative route.
The white topping will go on for some more days/weeks (hopefully not for months). Its pathetic traffic all around Madiwala, St. Johns, Koramangala area. Plan for alternate routes/timings.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 22:07   #15082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Continuing with white topping, the work on the outer ring road near Hennur does not even look like nearing completion just yet!

And work on the stretch after RM nagar junction towards old madras road is still in its infancy. By the looks of it, all this white topping work all over the city is going to take at least six months by which time it will be time for the next monsoon and we can test the work done. Wow! perfect timing by BBMP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
The white topping will go on for some more days/weeks (hopefully not for months). Its pathetic traffic all around Madiwala, St. Johns, Koramangala area. Plan for alternate routes/timings.
The White Topping started on Hebbal Ring Road on Oct 15th and it is still not complete as of today. I don't understand why White topping would take over 2 months , that too on a straight road. To top it all , the road was fine to begin with and didn't need white topping.
dreadknight5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2017, 22:39   #15083
BHPian

The stretch from Satellite bus stand till the BGS flyover over City market in Bangalore has become a nightmare to drive on. Today morning, they had closed one side of the road and I was in a traffic jam for an hour in the morning at 6:30 AM!
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 06:30   #15084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Potential pile-up alerts:
1. From Brigade Road towards Silkboard:
2. From St. John's Signal to Brigade Road:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Traffic really bad on my commute from IIM-B side to Koramangala. I took my usual inner routes and the jam was all the way from Madiwala underpass to Forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Had warned about this, first thing today morning!
Big Mess yesterday, Dairy Circle to St John's and Madivala inner roads to St John's. Spent half my commute time there when going. On the way back, Traffic BAD around St John's, and I could see traffic backed up even on the Silk Board flyover (towards St Johns).

May be should work from home this week.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 06:55   #15085
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
May be should work from home this week.
In morning when I passed it didn't affect me much because of the time I was here (0645-0700) and return was via NICE as usual.

Once you have school buses and compatible buses occupy the roads in morning, it gets even messier.
Old 12th December 2017, 07:41   #15086
Distinguished - BHPian

Again an over ambitious timeline. However, official approval for a route which was under discussion since a while.

Hope civil work starts at least before the said timeline.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20171212_073133145.jpg
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 09:43   #15087
Senior - BHPian

Massive jam on NICE road between Clover leaf and Kanakapura exit. Has been this way since 8 AM. Anybody knows what happened? looks like an accident. Was much worse, but is actually getting better now.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-nice.jpg
Old 12th December 2017, 10:12   #15088
Senior - BHPian

I left my home near IIMB at 7.30 am today, 15 minutes earlier and reached my office in Kor at 8.05 am.
Will do this early to rise thing for the next few days till this white topping mess is sorted out.

Another colleague who left from Bommanahalli to Kor took the Madiwala market route , and reached in about similar time. I think traffic was not so messy as yesterday.

Good part is this is planned in December, when many folks would go for their vacation.

Last edited by hrman : 12th December 2017 at 10:14.
Old 12th December 2017, 11:37   #15089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Again an over ambitious timeline. However, official approval for a route which was under discussion since a while.

Hope civil work starts at least before the said timeline.

Attachment 1705142

Firstly, they want to make majority of that line underground. Next, they want to extend this line to the airport. And then give a highly optimistic estimate of three years for completion. What they have forgotten is their history of tunneling. They took such a long time to complete the underground stretches of the Green and Purple lines, which is hardly a few kms. So much of delays, equipment breakdowns and soil issues. Now they want to make a 13km long underground stretch which I bet will take more than their estimates. Eventually, they will end up with completing the elevated stretch only from the Airport till somewhere near Hennur and call it the airport line. But there wouldnt be much takers for this since it doesnt make sense to again take a different transport from the terminal station to their homes.

I think going the elevated way would have at least been faster at least till MG Road. This would have completed a good link from the Airport to all parts of the city.
Old 12th December 2017, 12:21   #15090
Senior - BHPian

From today's Bangalore mirror , an article which says that BTP & BBMP is planning to provide free-left turns at 16 junctions in Bengaluru. These junctions are identified based on the heavy traffic patterns at peak hours.

Though I won't take anything away from the planning people , I cannot help but wonder how this will effectively work in a city like ours where the people do not understand (i) what and why there are three colored traffic lights? (ii) why there is a zebra crossing and a stop line before it (iii) When and how to cross the road. Rules/Changes are effective only once the people understand and learn why it is needed.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks