Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2021, 20:19   #18871
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Hmm! So I should go straight towards Hosur road, take U-Turn? I'd rather go under the elevated road and get to NICE road.
Take the Phase-2 exit. After the booth, at the cut in the median, make a U, and start driving back 200 meters and then climb the U-Ramp to descend on the Hosur-Bangalore side service road and enter E-city Phase 1.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 20:21   #18872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
This is which exact toll plaza that is getting demolished starting today.

So I should go straight towards Hosur road, take U-Turn?
This is E-City 1 toll - the first exit from the BETL coming from Silk Board, ramp to the right.

The alternate route is to exit to E-City 2 (the second exit, ramp to left before the toll booth), cross the toll booth there, take a U-turn and then use the flyover system to cross over to E-City 1 side - see map (note that it is showing the route into E-City, you will of course go straight ahead to get to NICE road).
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.png  

Last edited by binand : 19th March 2021 at 20:23.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 06:34   #18873
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad they are finally fixing the Mekhri Circle drain covers. Was in a terrible condition and the reason for countless accidents.
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/81619957.cms
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 09:51   #18874
BHPian

As a bicyclist, I definitely appreciate the idea of the pop-up bicycle lanes along the Outer Ring Road.

But a little less than two weeks in, and it seems like the honeymoon phase for these bicycle lanes is over. They are overrun with multiple instances of two-wheelers using the lane as a freeway to ride in the opposite direction.

I could safely photograph two such instances.

I've shared these on my Twitter account as well, tagging the relevant accounts. You can see it here.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20210327_085322.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20210327_085356.jpg

PS: If you can, I'd really appreciate some RTs on the post to give it some momentum. Thank you!
TejasKinger is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 00:16   #18875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
As a bicyclist, I definitely appreciate the idea of the pop-up bicycle lanes along the Outer Ring Road.

But a little less than two weeks in, and it seems like the honeymoon phase for these bicycle lanes is over. They are overrun with multiple instances of two-wheelers using the lane as a freeway to ride in the opposite direction.

I guess people think it is a two-wheeler lane and not just for bicycles. Here you see a cyclist not using the lane but motorbikes coming from the opposite side. Perhaps, the cyclist figured he is safer outside the lane. This is a video from yesterday evening.
Old 2nd April 2021, 11:00   #18876
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Thar has joined Jeep Compass, Skoda Rapid, Skoda Kodiaq, Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos as the most rashly driven vehicles in the city.

Suffice to say that I automatically lose all respect for the owners of said vehicles. Nearly got killed by one just yesterday as I was just standing on the road median and the Thar breached it and fled, just a foot difference and I would've either been killed or would've been critically injured only to die later, at those speeds (70+). BMWs in comparison are so gently driven as are Audis. Surprisingly the squids and boy ricers have jumped to the former grandpa brand Mercedes.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 11:46   #18877
Senior - BHPian

I seriously wonder how someone can manage to drive their new Thar rash. I’ve seen a couple of them on the roads and my heart skips a beat each time.

Having the Thar for the past two days, I can say that it’s not safe to push the Thar to the ‘rash’ mode that we see on Blr roads. It’s quite dangerous to the ones inside and equally dangerous to the rest of those on the road.
jkrishnakj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 21:00   #18878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Surprisingly the squids and boy ricers have jumped to the former grandpa brand Mercedes.
On a somewhat related note, the headlight of these Mercedes Benz's are cancerously dangerous. One such car blinded me from half a kilometer away in traffic once, on a broken road section. I now know why you hate those things
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 07:53   #18879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Nearly got killed by one just yesterday as I was just standing on the road median and the Thar breached it and fled, just a foot difference and I would've either been killed or would've been critically injured only to die later, at those speeds (70+).
Man, looks like someone up there decided your time wasn't done yet .

Was it a proper raised median? Did the Thar driver momentarily lose control?

I'll always wary of these vehicles because the performance envelope doesn't match (with expectations), when driven at higher speeds in urban settings.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 11:52   #18880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
... performance envelope doesn't match (with expectations), when driven at higher speeds in urban settings.
You can find many of these Mahindra vehicles (Bolero, Scorpio) being used to transport rice from TN. They seem to have oversized engines that allow them to be driven at high speeds. Obviously, when someone else is paying for the fuel, the driver is just going to floor the throttle whenever he can. I am sure that their handling does not match their power - which you have elegantly described in more technical terms above.

This is why I feel that the government should mandate the use of an app like Mentor for all drivers in India. Mentor has been in the news recently because Amazon requires their delivery partners to use it and it uses the score provided by the app for determining incentives.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/12/amaz...y-drivers.html
Quote:
The scores generated by the Mentor app are used in more ways than just evaluating an individual’s job performance, drivers say. Amazon also looks at the scores, in part, when ranking a delivery partner’s status, according to the drivers, who asked to remain anonymous out of fear of retaliation from Amazon.

The ranking system for DSPs ranges from “Poor” to “Good” to “Fantastic” to the top tier, referred to as “Fantastic+.” A surplus of poor Mentor scores among a delivery partner’s workforce can drag down the DSP’s ranking, which can potentially jeopardize their access to benefits provided by Amazon, such as optimal delivery routes, the drivers said.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-screenshot_20210403114539.jpg  

mvadg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 07:08   #18881
Distinguished - BHPian

Coming soon: A mini elevated corridor in Yelahanka

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/be...ka-970058.html
https://www.deccanherald.com/city/be...ka-970058.html

Much needed! Already the Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan Road (RWF) junction + S'puram College + NES bus stand + Yelahanka Police Station junction take a good 15 minutes at peak times.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-dh.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 08:37   #18882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
!
I have ridden my bicycle and scooter on these paths. But I haven't figured out who is it designed for and in which direction. There is a remarkable absence of signage. They are on a 2 way service road, and they aren't wide enough for two 2 wheelers to cross /overtake.
Anyone throw some light?
Old 4th April 2021, 20:18   #18883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Coming soon: A mini elevated corridor in Yelahanka

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/be...ka-970058.html
https://www.deccanherald.com/city/be...ka-970058.html

Much needed! Already the Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan Road (RWF) junction + S'puram College + NES bus stand + Yelahanka Police Station junction take a good 15 minutes at peak times.
Aren't they white topping the Sheshadripuram College road? And after taht it gets dug up due to a flyover. This is how our planning works .
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 20:46   #18884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Aren't they white topping the Sheshadripuram College road? And after taht it gets dug up due to a flyover. This is how our planning works .
True, entire Yelahanka New Town is a complete mess! I think the Seshadripuram Road will not have a entrance/exit ramp to the flyover, so hopefully that road at least stays undisturbed.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 20:53   #18885
Distinguished - BHPian

Another well planned maintenance work!

If you're coming from KR Puram side and taking the exist from the ORR near Salarpuria Sattva Eminence to take the Panathur road, you will be in for a surprise right before you reach the Kadubisanahalli bridge.

The service road is dug up right before you can reach the junction. But there's no instruction/warning/barricade to indicate this road closure. As a result, all the cars were going till the junction, piling up and forced to turn around.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks