Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2014, 13:49   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmapilots View Post
Got my Triumph Street Triple last Wednesday. Still doing my running in. Thought I'll upload some pictures.

Congratulations! Could you tell me what color choices were available in india?

And any idea why the street triple R isn't sold in india ?

Thanks.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th February 2014 at 16:04. Reason: formatting corrected in the quoted post
Old 17th February 2014, 19:09   #917
BHPian

Hi Haroon, thanks a lot for sharing your valuable feedback with me. It really helps or atleast guide a newbie like me who wants to get into the bike foray.

Personally I felt more comfortable doing my test drive on a street bob and a Bonny in terms of a bike against triple.

In terms of the bike purpose, it is going to be mainly for weekend rides and maybe few weekday rides in city late nights with my wife at most. I don't think I would go for long rides etc and maybe just maybe an occasional out of town ride (problem is one of the reasons for me being allowed a bike is the condition of not doing long rides like how my cousin does using his harley).

With those requirements in mind I would also like to share that I ain't a agile body and weigh 100kgs and 5'10ft and have a decent stomach and personally feel sports bike are not for me.

I anyways have time till March end to narrow down on a bike so let's c.
Old 17th February 2014, 20:56   #918
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post

In terms of the bike purpose, it is going to be mainly for weekend rides and maybe few weekday rides in city late nights with my wife at most. I don't think I would go for long rides etc and maybe just maybe an occasional out of town ride (problem is one of the reasons for me being allowed a bike is the condition of not doing long rides like how my cousin does using his harley).
For the purposes stated above, my honest opinion is that any of the Tripples would be a waste or an overkill -Tripples are having a strong racing DNA in them and they are best suited for short hard rides with plenty of track days thrown in - so would the Explorer type ones. HD 883 and Bonnies I think is best suited. You can also have a look at the Storm as its a really nice tourer.

Best Regards and Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 21:13   #919
DipantS

@karmapilots -- Congratulation for your street triple!!! Can you please post a detailed owners review on ST? I am looking forward to buy one around next month.

Old 17th February 2014, 22:18   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
For the purposes stated above, my honest opinion is that any of the Tripples would be a waste or an overkill -Tripples are having a strong racing DNA in them and they are best suited for short hard rides with plenty of track days thrown in - so would the Explorer type ones. HD 883 and Bonnies I think is best suited. You can also have a look at the Storm as its a really nice tourer.

Best Regards and Ride Safe

Ram

I really liked storm at triumph as it reminded me of fat bob in terms of its twin eyes head light but both kinda stretch my budget. No clue about how good these bikes are though but then not really sure I could buy either of those considering my budget only allows me to go as much as ₹9.5lk at most.
Old 17th February 2014, 23:18   #921
BHPian

^^ I fully second Ram's suggestion. As per your requirement the Bonnie or Sportster will suit your requirement the best. If you have the budget, the Storm is also a wonderful choice with a little more roomy accommodations, but again for your limited usage weekend/other small rides you have to do the economics if its worth the extra lacs.

Best wishes
Old 18th February 2014, 10:57   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your conditions are the same as mine. The Bonni would suit this need the best, very good in the city even in traffic situation with the right amount of power and the ability to cruise at low speeds without heating up. Incase you do take her on the highway it can help you keep up with other riders as well in comfort. It has a good and comfortable pillion seat, so one would not get grief from the better halfs for being uncomfortable during rides. I zeroed in on the Bonni after reading our members and also international reviews of the bike and am very happy with my decision. The only issue right now is the wait as the Bombay dealership is yet to start operations.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 14:20   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
I have heard from multiple sources that BU Bhandari, the VW & MB dealer has got the Triumph dealership for Pune. The showroom should come up in the same building which houses the VW showroom at Pashan in about a month or so.
A friend of mine (who is not a BHPian) called in to say that he saw a Triumph board near the B.U. Bhandari Volkswagen Show room near Abhimanshree Society on Pashan road, Pune while passing by so this corroborates what you've heard.

The game is afoot . I'll swing by sometime this week to verify.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 17:19   #924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I really liked storm at triumph as it reminded me of fat bob in terms of its twin eyes head light but both kinda stretch my budget. No clue about how good these bikes are though but then not really sure I could buy either of those considering my budget only allows me to go as much as ₹9.5lk at most.
Well, I was never in a dilemma like you. I rode the Bonnie and just bought it. It was as simple as that

My suggestion is to ride the Bonnie a few more times if your still unsure. But, considering you getting back into biking after a long hiatus, Bonnie is the perfect bike to buy if you have already eliminated the other contenders like Sportster or Iron 883.

Trust me, Speaking from 300kms Bonnie riding experience that it's one of the best decision I ever took in my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I zeroed in on the Bonni after reading our members and also international reviews of the bike and am very happy with my decision. The only issue right now is the wait as the Bombay dealership is yet to start operations.
Wow, you took a decision to buy the Bonnie without even test riding it?

That makes you the second guy I know who has done it ( First being Absynthguzzler who bought without riding it and now thoroughly enjoying it and even modding it as we speak )

Congrats and look forward to you joining the Triumph bandwagon

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th February 2014 at 17:21.
Old 18th February 2014, 20:23   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I zeroed in on the Bonni after reading our members and also international reviews of the bike and am very happy with my decision. The only issue right now is the wait as the Bombay dealership is yet to start operations.
Speedy welcome to the club. You will not regret your decision.

Its lierally raining Triumphs. I was told in MMSC Tracks last Sunday that some guy by name Varun (from Chennai) picked up 2 Triumphs 1 Bonnie and 1 (not sure which one), last week from Bangalore show room. Any one here know about this ?

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 01:54   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats. You and the bike look made for each other and the riding gear looks lovely. Keen to know the pricing of entire gear that your wearing so please share here or in your ownership thread if you plan to start soon. Helmet customization was done by Keerthi? How much they charged for the helmet and its customization?
Thanks. Congratulations and best wishes for your Bonnie. The customization was done by an artist known to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
SUWEET! So the rear big mud flap is "modular"? bolts can be undone to get this? That is good news!
Also, how big are the holes on the rear tail section once you remove the grab rails?
This is not simple as it appears. It took more than an hour to remove the flap and re-fit the fender with turn signals. Those holes look odd, but I found a neat way to cover them. More details along with pics in the new thread.
Speaking of the new thread, the first service was done on Monday, so I would gradually explore the higher side of the tachometer this week and should give my reviews over the weekend

Sanket, I'm lucky that I was never in a dilemma like you, since I was specific about owning a Super-Sports and Daytona was the perfect choice. But I too had to stretch (a lot ) to fulfil my dream. As I mentioned I was never a fan of any type of bikes other than Super-Sports, however, after riding the Bonnie, Storm and the Explorer, I really found them to be very good to ride. Of course all three bikes are from different categories and for the requirements you have stated, I believe Bonnie would be the best fit.
abarsenal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 09:09   #927
BHPian

Congratulations to all who have taken the plunge!

Happened to TR the Bonnie, Street Triple and the Explorer couple of days back.

Love at first ride - is all I can say! I rode a Bullet 500 few days back, and the Bonnie felt so much familiar. The riding position, retro classic look, the tank shape, handle bar. I am sure this will attract a lot of Bulleteers, like mobike here. There is something in the simplicity of this bike that has got me hooked!

The Street Triple somehow reminded me of the Ducati Monster. I was taken aback by the compactness of this bike! Very small, low and easy to handle. Brilliant bike for the city, however gets a little vibey higher up the rev range.

Explorer 1200 - I am ready to sell my kidneys for this one! Massive, heavy and comfortable. Felt like running away with the bike to Mahabaleshwar!
The optional Arrow exhaust on the TR bike sounded oh so awesome! Totally floored by the exhaust note at around 4k-5k rpm when you whack open the throttle

I would however, still prefer the 800XC for its relatively lighter weight.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 09:38   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Love at first ride - is all I can say! I rode a Bullet 500 few days back, and the Bonnie felt so much familiar. The riding position, retro classic look, the tank shape, handle bar. I am sure this will attract a lot of Bulleteers, like mobike here. There is something in the simplicity of this bike that has got me hooked!
Brilliant. Bonnie is going to steal hearts of everyone who ride it. No two ways about it

Finished a 60kms city ride this morning in about 1.20 mins and as iam in run-in, was running through all speed range. Each time I get on the saddle, it's pure thrill and what's really fun is the way people at signals must be taken aback when lights turn green and a bullet-styled bike vanishes into horizon by time they blink a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Explorer 1200 - I am ready to sell my kidneys for this one! Massive, heavy and comfortable. Felt like running away with the bike to Mahabaleshwar! The optional Arrow exhaust on the TR bike sounded oh so awesome! Totally floored by the exhaust note at around 4k-5k rpm when you whack open the throttle
I loved the Explorer and perfect for that wild adventurer type of people and instead of Mahabaleshwar, it will be more at home in places like Ladhak, Himachal, UK, Coorg etc.

Nice to know Rebel is installing Arrow Exhausts on all models. Time to make a call to them and see if they have a Bonnie with these exhausts for a TR

Btw, Does anyone know for sure Arrow Exhausts increases a few horses or it's just sound?
Old 19th February 2014, 09:45   #929
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sachin Patil drops the following email. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Hi,

I am from Pune and recently I booked Triumph Bonneville after following Mobike008’s thread on his test ride experience. Mine is the first booking in Pune. I am still following the thread and I saw couple of posts from member’s in Pune who are interested in Triumph products and still don’t know the whereabouts of the showroom.

I like to share contact details about the upcoming Triumph Showroom in Pune. B U Bhandari is the owner of the new showroom and they are going to open the new showroom right next to their VW showroom on Pashan Road near Abhimanshree Society. Whoever is interested in Triumph products can get in touch with Mr. Ashween Deshpande on 9850066633. This information was published on Triumph FB page sometime back.

Please note that I do not have any affiliation with B U Bhandari associates. I just want to share something I know with the fellow enthusiasts.

BR,
Sachin Patil.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 10:48   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow, you took a decision to buy the Bonnie without even test riding it?

That makes you the second guy I know who has done it ( First being Absynthguzzler who bought without riding it and now thoroughly enjoying it and even modding it as we speak )

Congrats and look forward to you joining the Triumph bandwagon
When i had confirmed the Bonnie i had only seen pictures of the bike thanks to google images and the Triumph int website. I spent a lot of time reading about it and watching videos. As soon as i got to know who has got the dealership in Bombay, i called them and asked them to book one for me. I only was not sure if i wanted the standard or the t100 Bonnie at that point, then settled in for the standard. I do own a zx-14r (still waiting for delivery) for the highways and the Bonnie does the thing for in city rides.

Thank you and looking forward to my experience with Triumph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Speedy welcome to the club. You will not regret your decision.

Its lierally raining Triumphs. I was told in MMSC Tracks last Sunday that some guy by name Varun (from Chennai) picked up 2 Triumphs 1 Bonnie and 1 (not sure which one), last week from Bangalore show room. Any one here know about this ?

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Thank you Ram.

Someone had mentioned the 675 as the other bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks