Old 3rd February 2014, 11:54   #901
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
First Daytona on Indian roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmapilots View Post
Got my Triumph Street Triple last Wednesday. Still doing my running in. Thought I'll upload some pictures.

Regards,
Sham.
Hearty Congratulations Guys abarsenal and karmapilots !! I have seen and felt both these bikes in flesh and you are in for a treat for sure

Wishing you happy "triumphing" , Dont be modest and put out separate ownership reports with loads of Pics please

Cheers !
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:44   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine was the first in Bangalore, so eventually first in India
Many congratulations abarsenal . That's a gorgeous bike you got. Are you feeding regular fuel or higher octane fuel for your Daytona?
and what's on-road price.

Quote:
Got my Triumph Street Triple last Wednesday. Still doing my running in. Thought I'll upload some pictures.
Congrats Sham . Can you please share your initial riding impression and any more information you feel worth mentioning here?

I spoke to Keerthi Motors today and they said a waiting period of 90 days is applicable for Street triple. Costs 9.1L On-road. They are ready to give me a test ride provided i wear riding gear.

Display unit of Speed triple will be available by month end and it costs ~12.5L on-road bangalore.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 13:57   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First Daytona on Indian roads
Congrats on the Daytona. Absolutely love the color combination. I have started and revved the bike. It's an indeed sweet sounding machine

Look forward to an ownership review soon. Btw, what was the OTR in Bangalore and is the tax 14%?

Quote:
By the way the sound of the arrow silencer is unbelievable. Its 32,000/- bucks. Buy that too. The sound is really sweet compared to the muffled sound of the original ones
Congrats on the street tripple. I must say the pictures you posted do not do justice to how it looks, please share some good quality pics and also a detailed review on forum would help other members

Btw, did you fit the Arrow exhuast directly before taking delivery? Can you please share a video clip of its stock exhuast and also with Arrow if possible? Thanks !
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:15   #904
BHPian

A big THANK YOU to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
I thought the Daytona 675R came with Arrow Exhausts.These look like normal ones.
And a sound clip if possible, That 3 cylinder grunt is so exclusive.It sounds better than other inline 4s.
Arrow exhausts is not standard for any models. Its part of the accessories. "Exclusive" is the word for the exhaust note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Question: Why are both of you holding back with words? PLEASE post more pics and thoughts about the bikes!! Can NOT wait to hear more.
It would not be justice made to this machine if the ownership review is made during the run-in period. Run-in should be done by this weekend so I would start a new thread and yeah ofcourse with the exhausts sound clip. I was so excited on the delivery day that I haven't clicked any pics or made a video of the first start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Are you feeding regular fuel or higher octane fuel for your Daytona?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, what was the OTR in Bangalore and is the tax 14%?
I'm feeding it with regular fuel. OTR Bangalore is 13.7L. The break-up provided combines "Registration and Road Tax", so I'm really not sure how much was the tax component.

BTW, first ride on the very first weekend, with fellow Triumph riders
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img_20140202_103327_edit.jpg  

abarsenal is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:28   #905
BHPian

Congrats karmapilots on your street triple. I too plan to buy one and would be really helpful if you could share your initial impressions, video of your arrow exhaust. I also wanted to ask you if you had taken a test ride of the bike before buying it or was it a leap of faith? Could you also share more detailed pictures of the accessories you bought for the bike as I was unable to make out the frame guard in the earlier photos. Finally whats the run in period for this bike and also what type of fuel is required for it?

Thanks in advance.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:09   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, first ride on the very first weekend, with fellow Triumph riders

abarsenal.

The bike looks great and so do you. Including the Triumph Branded helmet - what make is it by the way ?

See if you guys are free to plan a ride on 22nd Feb Saturday, we could do something in the early morning ? - Unfortunately that is only day I am available in Bangalore, would have been good to catch up with the "Young Triumphs" in town

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 3rd February 2014, 22:25   #907

Moderator note: Please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of back to back posts. Thanks.

Hey Kapil,

Thank you. Like abarsenal said will give a detailed review once the running in is over. In the meantime, will try to do a small write up about the experience till date with the bike. Give me a days time.

And will definitely post more pictures. The current pictures are from my phone. Will pull out my camera.

Regards,
Sham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Abarsenal: Congrats!! Looks lovely!

Question: Why are both of you holding back with words? PLEASE post more pics and thoughts about the bikes!! Can NOT wait to hear more.
Wishing both of you unlimited happy and safe miles on your triumphs!

Cheers,
Kapil
Thank you Phoenix. Will do that at the earliest.

Regards,

Sham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hearty Congratulations Guys abarsenal and karmapilots !! I have seen and felt both these bikes in flesh and you are in for a treat for sure

Wishing you happy "triumphing" , Dont be modest and put out separate ownership reports with loads of Pics please

Cheers !
Hey djay,

Thank you.
Will do an initial riding impression at the earliest.

Regards,

Sham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Many congratulations abarsenal . That's a gorgeous bike you got. Are you feeding regular fuel or higher octane fuel for your Daytona?

Congrats Sham . Can you please share your initial riding impression and any more information you feel worth mentioning here?

I spoke to Keerthi Motors today and they said a waiting period of 90 days is applicable for Street triple. Costs 9.1L On-road. They are ready to give me a test ride provided i wear riding gear.

Display unit of Speed triple will be available by month end and it costs ~12.5L on-road bangalore.
Hey Mobike,

Will post better pictures. The first set was from my phone. Will do a detailed review once the running in is thru.

I suppose the arrow exhaust question was for me. Mine is still stock. They ordered only 1 piece arrow and Keerthi has put it on the test ride bike. I can share a video with stock exhaust. Will that be fine?

Regards,

Sham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats on the Daytona. Absolutely love the color combination. I have started and revved the bike. It's an indeed sweet sounding machine

Look forward to an ownership review soon. Btw, what was the OTR in Bangalore and is the tax 14%?

Congrats on the street tripple. I must say the pictures you posted do not do justice to how it looks, please share some good quality pics and also a detailed review on forum would help other members

Btw, did you fit the Arrow exhuast directly before taking delivery? Can you please share a video clip of its stock exhuast and also with Arrow if possible? Thanks !
Thanks Sanketh.
My silencer is still stock. Keerthi had only one Arrow silencer and that is fixed on the test ride bike. I never took a test drive coz it was impossible to do it. It was a leap of faith and I landed firm on both legs.

Will do a better shoot very soon and post the pictures so that everything is clearer.

The run in period is 1600 kms and the rpm start from 5000 till 450 and goes all the way to 8000 till 1600.

Regards,

Sham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Congrats karmapilots on your street triple. I too plan to buy one and would be really helpful if you could share your initial impressions, video of your arrow exhaust. I also wanted to ask you if you had taken a test ride of the bike before buying it or was it a leap of faith? Could you also share more detailed pictures of the accessories you bought for the bike as I was unable to make out the frame guard in the earlier photos. Finally whats the run in period for this bike and also what type of fuel is required for it?

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
what type of fuel is required for it?
The fuel they recommend is normal 91 octane gasoline.

Sham.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd February 2014 at 23:16.
karmapilots is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 14:17   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
The bike looks great and so do you. Including the Triumph Branded helmet - what make is it by the way ?
Thank you. That's a LS2 helmet, I have got it customized with Triumph, Daytona 675R and Arsenal logos.

Hope I find some time in this week to write my initial reviews in a new thread with lot of pics. For now, had clicked this one after removing the grab handles and the additional rear mud-guard.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img_20140208_113351.jpg  

abarsenal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 08:36   #909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. That's a LS2 helmet, I have got it customized with Triumph, Daytona 675R and Arsenal logos.
Congrats. You and the bike look made for each other and the riding gear looks lovely. Keen to know the pricing of entire gear that your wearing so please share here or in your ownership thread if you plan to start soon

Helmet customization was done by Keerthi? How much they charged for the helmet and its customization?
Old 10th February 2014, 10:41   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Hope I find some time in this week to write my initial reviews in a new thread with lot of pics. For now, had clicked this one after removing the grab handles and the additional rear mud-guard.
SUWEET! So the rear big mud flap is "modular"? bolts can be undone to get this? That is good news!
Also, how big are the holes on the rear tail section once you remove the grab rails?
Still looking forward to a detailed ownership thread mate!

Cheers,
Kapil
Old 11th February 2014, 19:24   #911
BHPian

Triumph in UK are providing free accessories.

Quote:
Triumph are also offering accessory packages with their bikes, including:

Speed Triple & Speed Triple R – free Arrow slip-on silencer, anodised front & rear brake reservoirs and a comfort gel seat (worth £1215)

Street Triple & Street Triple R – free belly pan, fly screen and seat cowl (worth £430)

Tiger 800 & Tiger 800XC (excludes SE model) – free top box & carriage, heated grips and adjustable high screen (worth £715)

Tiger Explorer & Explorer XC – free panniers, heated grips, heated rider seat (worth £940)

Tiger Sport – free panniers (worth £670)

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...#ixzz2t1OssIPQ
Old 13th February 2014, 17:46   #912
Senior - BHPian

Few Ideas

For those of you looking for ideas to do up their rides - the link below is a good one and can serve as a reference point

http://www.british-customs.com/triumph-bonneville-t100/

The BC Predator Exhaust kits are reportedly the loudest in business.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 00:12   #913
BHPian

It seems to be raining Triumph on the forum as well as Hyderabad. Avinash Congrats on the bike man. Hope to see your bike soon. Well an after thought you as well

I would love to see them sustain this momentum for a longtime and hope they provide good service as well.
Old 16th February 2014, 11:30   #914
BHPian

Yesterday I managed to go to triumph rebel showroom again for a test drive of street triple (again). Few of my friends who own a n650 and a road king came along since they too wanted to check out the bike. The triple there now has an arrow exhaust on it and man does it sound awesome, it's exhaust note was like music to my ears. I borrowed my friends riding gloves for the test drive and guess what I still faced the same issue of my wrists paining as hell during the ride and I just could not wait to finish off the test. Though this time I did not struggle to get it off first gear but just felt I could not control the beast especially during turns.

One things is for certain now, triple is off my list. I was so certain that this is the bike for me but so glad I did it's test drive.

I did test drive Bonny this time and what a bike, I felt sooooo comfortable riding this bike, even at turns it was so much easy to control this bike and also in traffic. Though the styling is a little too simple but the bike is just awesome. One thing I did notice is the rider foot rests being too big, they literally were making my jeans get stuck into it while I had my legs on the ground during number to number traffic and slow movement of traffic.

I am sure I now need to look for a Harley bike which comes in my budget and liking or consider a Bonny or I am not really sure😔 (so confused and hate to be back at square one).
Old 16th February 2014, 15:10   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I managed to go to triumph rebel showroom again for a test drive of street triple (again). Few of my friends who own a n650 and a road king came along since they too wanted to check out the bike. The triple there now has an arrow exhaust on it and man does it sound awesome, it's exhaust note was like music to my ears. I borrowed my friends riding gloves for the test drive and guess what I still faced the same issue of my wrists paining as hell during the ride and I just could not wait to finish off the test. Though this time I did not struggle to get it off first gear but just felt I could not control the beast especially during turns.

One things is for certain now, triple is off my list. I was so certain that this is the bike for me but so glad I did it's test drive.

I did test drive Bonny this time and what a bike, I felt sooooo comfortable riding this bike, even at turns it was so much easy to control this bike and also in traffic. Though the styling is a little too simple but the bike is just awesome. One thing I did notice is the rider foot rests being too big, they literally were making my jeans get stuck into it while I had my legs on the ground during number to number traffic and slow movement of traffic.

I am sure I now need to look for a Harley bike which comes in my budget and liking or consider a Bonny or I am not really sure😔 (so confused and hate to be back at square one).

Sanket, at the outset dont be disheartened and I am presuming its your initial forray into big bikes. If so, quite a few first timers with a certain budget in mind for their 'dream superbike' end up with dilemmas like yours and ultimately end up buying the wrong bike....and then few months later put up the bike for sale or 'upgrade' to something else.

Your ride choices from a Triple to a Bonnie to a Harley is a huge oscillation! As you know these bikes have different characters, different purposes and are made for different types of riding styles. So firstly you have to personally narrow down your choice to what is the bike you want and what is the main duty this bike does for you. Is it a sporty bike that gives you the kick with every twist of the throttle? Or is it the simple standard naked bike that has some decent power to cruise in comfort all day? Or is it a cruiser that you want with its own character, torque curve, sound and other bells & whistles.

Once you set your first priority, let me come to the handling. Since you have TD all the 3 bikes you know each has a different handling character. Yes the Triple may have a aggressive riding position as compared to the other two but once mastered, it will be the most enjoyable and best handling of all three bikes. While the other two have a different appeal in the handling department, many people would love that as well.

Coming to your wrist pain on the Triple- Its normal not only when you first try out a certain bike, but also when you are used to a particular type of bike and change to another. Many years back a friend bought a CBR600 (after lusting for many years) and after the first ride, he came back with a long face saying his back and arms and wrist were all hurting bad. Slowly he adapted to it and now rides a ZX14 and is a happy sportbike rider. This is not just the case with sports bikes, but also on many standard and touring bikes. For example, I am used to the wide handlebar on my personal 1200GS, but whenever I tour with the R1200RT, for the first 1 hour my wrist does feel uncomfortable and also there is mild pain but that disappears after that. Anyways, with handlebar, seats, windshields and footpegs, there is a huge range of customizing options available for almost all bikes and that can be fine tuned to your individual taste. So what I am saying is you dont have to write off the Triple if its a bike you have lusted for. Do go to online Triumph forums and you will see lots of discussions on these subjects and you can then make a more educated choice.

Good wishes and cheer up
Haroon is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks