Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2014, 13:09   #976
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Please refer the link for review of Bonneville http://rideapart.com/2012/03/a-tale-of-two-bonnevilles/

Here is a quick summary

Quote:
A tale of two Bonnevilles
Dailies, Galleries, Reviews - March 8, 2012
By Wes Siler

What you’re looking at here is the 2012 Triumph Bonneville T100. It swaps in a 19-inch, spoked front wheel, tubes, two-tone paint, a flat seat, more conservative suspension geometry and higher, narrower, more swept back handlebars for a $1,400 premium over the standard Bonneville. Worth it? Nope. Those mods effectively ruin what’s otherwise a great bike.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
the above may be subjective to some, but I felt a connect to the same effect when i opted for the SE. Maybe this will help other buyers chose their options based on their needs as well.

regards
Arun.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th April 2014 at 22:23. Reason: Removing the full content as some language is inappropriate for our forum, also better to just quote relevant section, thanks
absynthguzzler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 13:42   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Posting the full details from the following link http://rideapart.com/2012/03/a-tale-of-two-bonnevilles/

A tale of two Bonnevilles
Dailies, Galleries, Reviews - March 8, 2012
By Wes Siler

The T100 is a long way from being the worst, but it’s still worse. Just buy the regular Bonneville.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
the above may be subjective to some, but I felt a connect to the same effect when i opted for the SE. Maybe this will help other buyers chose their options based on their needs as well.
Arun, I completely agree with this article and incidentally came across it "After" riding both SE and T100 back to back which I compared in my simplistic style :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3375686

Infact, it would be immediately evident to anyone who will ride both bikes back to back

There is one post that I dedicated for all adulation received for Bonnie, there is one excerpt from Rideapart article from a review of Bonnie SE

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3375711

P.S: Now you have seriously given sleepless nights to T100 owners/buyers
Old 25th March 2014, 16:09   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: Now you have seriously given sleepless nights to T100 owners/buyers
As I have mentioned I am in between a SE and a T100 (more to T100). No way whatever said and done is going to give me any sleepless nights.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-image0424.jpg

I believe that its the one off use of a T100 that creates the reactions as is seen in the article quoted by Arun. That was the case with Avi's observations as well. Don't get me wrong, what youv'e all stated is true and valid as well.

I think with continuing use its really a comfortable bike and the people from the "Flower Power Generation" (pardon me if I prefer this than the term 'geriatric' used by Mr. Wes Siler) may enjoy the T100 better, for its riding position and not much of a need for flicking around.

Power-wise you will agree that both are a straight a match.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 25th March 2014 at 16:15.
r_nairtvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:23   #979
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
As I have mentioned I am in between a SE and a T100 (more to T100). No way whatever said and done is going to give me any sleepless nights.
SE and T100 are one and same bike except for some minor tweaks to front wheel and handle bar position which has resulted in difference in it's handling

However, this difference is somewhere between subtle and major and for people who love retro look of T100 and dont mind compromising the better flickability of Bonnie SE then its indeed a great choice.

Infact, I would have plonked that extra 1.5 lakh on a gold and cream (love this combo) variant had it handled as well as the SE.

Power wise, its the same mill so pleasure of that butter smooth engine is undeniably same
Old 25th March 2014, 22:30   #980
BHPian

Checkout these Bonneville customisations. Hoping for a healthy customisation market in India for Bonneville in the near future
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 18:47   #981
BHPian

Hi guys, can anyone provide me any alternative contact number of triumph Bangalore. I tried called them on +91-80-45112345 but no answer. I got informed from Hyderabad triumph that there might be a price hike in first or second week of April for all CKD models of triumph and wanted to confirm of this is a bluff or infact real. Any help much appreciated, thanks.
Old 26th March 2014, 20:49   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
I got informed from Hyderabad triumph that there might be a price hike in first or second week of April for all CKD models of triumph and wanted to confirm of this is a bluff or infact real. Any help much appreciated, thanks.
I am surprised to read that Triumph is planning to hike prices. They must have passed excise duty reduction benefit to consumers. Hyosung & Kawasaki have reduced prices. They are going further away from Aam Aadmi
Old 26th March 2014, 21:21   #983
DipantS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Hi guys, can anyone provide me any alternative contact number of triumph Bangalore. I tried called them on +91-80-45112345 but no answer. I got informed from Hyderabad triumph that there might be a price hike in first or second week of April for all CKD models of triumph and wanted to confirm of this is a bluff or infact real. Any help much appreciated, thanks.
You may try these numbers
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-contact.jpg  

(2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 14:13   #984
Senior - BHPian

Good News In Bangalore

At last the Transport Commissioner has reportedly issued the Make Approval letters for Triumph and that bikes have started receiving their perma registration numbers (hope the Bangalore owners can confirm this)

The Road Tax is @ 13.5% plus the applicable Cess

Pesrsonally good news as well for me in that the Bangalore dealer has agreed to do the Servicing for my Bonney (which is a direct import) and I really appreciate their service (for me not having to get the hands dirty).

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 13:16   #985
BHPian

Here is a video I recorded for Bonneville with arrow exhaust while taking the delivery of my Bonneville. Bear in mind the bike was in cellar and they have removed mufflers from the bike to make it more load but video does not do any justice to the actual sound on these.

Not sure how to get a youtube video to display in the post itself.

Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-test-drive-bike-arrow-exhaust.jpg  

sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 14:25   #986
vcx
BHPian

Too good Sanket, Arrow indeed makes that difference from being a tamed roar to the wild one!
Old 10th April 2014, 14:36   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Arrow indeed makes that difference from being a tamed roar to the wild one!
Vidhya, how can a roar be tame? A roar is a roar isnt it?

Yeah, i have heard the Arrow Exhuasts and rode the bonnie fitted with one too :-

Here is a short feedback on same :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3410244
Old 10th April 2014, 14:52   #988
vcx
BHPian

Its like that difference between a tiger in a zoo to the tiger in the wilderness ;-)

By the way not sure if you have come across this in Hyd
http://www.adventureontherocks.in/Pr...d-2961632.aspx
Old 10th April 2014, 15:45   #989
Senior - BHPian

If you leave me alone with Avi's bike, with a gas/arc welder for company, and a couple of hours tops, I can make his bike sound as good. Cost will be thousand bucks tops. (where is the innocent angel smiley ...... )

P.S. Avi please PM me for an idea I have .......

Last edited by ebonho : 10th April 2014 at 15:48.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 16:00   #990
Senior - BHPian

Avi,

If you are sure to upgrade your exhaust. Just before you upgrade - try drilling a hole in the baffles and see. (just an idea)

A few HD owners have done just that.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks