Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2014, 14:34   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

mobike008,

When I say service centre I didn't mean any routine tasks such as oil change, brake pad change, seat or silencer change I meant complicated stuff over and above these. I repeat that I can do basic stuff but certain complicated stuff is best left to the After Sales Service as the Bonneville is a new bike for India. Triumph produces world class bikes and the Bonneville is one among them but here in India it is relatively new although they were present in yesteryears while we had BSA's, Norton's, AJS's, etc. It's a new bike now and an expensive one at that so I would like to consider parts availability, their cost, etc. When I talk about all these points it's not just about Bombay but the rest of India as well. There are people who keep moving from one place to other for work and some do get posted in remote towns as well. I don't expect Triumph to reach every corner as Bajaj but parts availability is a factor to be considered.

Also all buyers are not same, even if I love the Bonneville I have to think about the upkeep and maintainence costs. I should have a ballpark figure kept aside for such expenses, I don't want to get a rude shock later about the spares costs even though I assume they would be of superior quality. There might be some who don't think about all these factors and just go ahead and buy the bike. I respect both these groups of buyers as to each his own. I for one would consider all these factors before putting in 8+ big ones.

Regards,
Navin_v8
Old 22nd February 2014, 13:48   #947
Senior - BHPian

Finally after years of lusting after it in magazines,i finally see a Bonneville in flesh! Paid a visit to Triumph Bangalore and checked out the bikes.There were atleast 7 Bonnevilles+T100s and,they are utterly gorgeous.What workmanship,finish,pinstriping.Everything reeked of high quality.No test rides today,but teambhpian Preetam_KORG who had gone with me,said that,if you think it just looks good,wait till you ride it.

The showroom personnel started it up for me,and the idle sounded smooth,fast with a low gruff.Sort of like an inline-4.Hardly any vibrations from the handlebar.Gave it a few blips.Cue the stupid grin!

Checked out the huge Explorer and Tiger,man they are gigantic.I wouldnt be surprised if they swam across the ocean.The Street Triple was compact and tiny in comparison.Sounded very sweet though,with arrows fitted.

Ahh the Bonneville.

The bike is anything but u understated.A polished beauty(pun not intended!)

There were 2 off white coloured T100s,one red and black and the rest all black Bonnevilles.The seat was like a sofa!Love it.Someday,someday!

Last edited by avishar : 22nd February 2014 at 13:52.
avishar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 14:03   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
The Street Triple was compact and tiny in comparison.Sounded very sweet though,with arrows fitted.
Thanks for the review avishar. Surprised to read this though. Preetam in fact told me that both the Street and Speed Triples were too big for our roads and what we normally do with our bikes. Or is this just a comparative thing?
Old 22nd February 2014, 14:10   #949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally after years of lusting after it in magazines,i finally see a Bonneville in flesh! Paid a visit to Triumph Bangalore and checked out the bikes.There were atleast 7 Bonnevilles+T100s and,they are utterly gorgeous.What workmanship,finish,pinstriping.Everything reeked of high quality.No test rides today
Totally agree, T100 are simply gorgeous to look at and pictures dont do justice to their beauty

Quote:
but teambhpian Preetam_KORG who had gone with me,said that,if you think it just looks good,wait till you ride it.
That's one fact I too will attest. Just ride it and you will know what's a Triumph Bonneville is all about.

It will be appreciated by everyone who is looking at upgrading to a bike with a perfect combination of power, ride and handling characteristics

Quote:
The showroom personnel started it up for me,and the idle sounded smooth,fast with a low gruff.Sort of like an inline-4.Hardly any vibrations from the handlebar.Gave it a few blips.Cue the stupid grin!
Oh! I love the muted gruff sound a lot now. Initially it was a bit of a dampner but, now iam starting to like it. And, it does make people turn their head at traffic signals too

Quote:
Ahh the Bonneville
Boy! You sound completely smitten...LOL

Quote:
The bike is anything but u understated.A polished beauty(pun not intended! There were 2 off white coloured T100s,one red and black and the rest all black Bonnevilles.The seat was like a sofa!Love it.Someday,someday!
T100 is beautiful to look at but, if your looking at a better performance package it's the SE that will work better
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 14:27   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Thanks for the review avishar. Surprised to read this though. Preetam in fact told me that both the Street and Speed Triples were too big for our roads and what we normally do with our bikes. Or is this just a comparative thing?
I too had a chance to visit Triumph showroom in Bangalore and swing my legs over street triple. It is very compact and in fact I was just at home with the posture immediately. It is just a bit bigger and heavier than my Duke 390. Now street triple is all over my dreams every night

Rocket and Explorer are what I would call huge bikes. I was actually shocked to see the Explorer as I have never seen any bike that tall. I couldn't find the tiger 800xc which I would guess would be the smaller version. Had to struggle to even get the Rocket off the side stand (I weigh only 150 Lbs)

Last edited by hsub : 22nd February 2014 at 14:29.
hsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 14:35   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post
Rocket and Explorer are what I would call huge bikes. I was actually shocked to see the Explorer as I have never seen any bike that tall.
I've seen a KTM like that in the flesh here in Pune on MG Road once.

I know how we all like to say "Oh I wish xyz gets a proper Enduro here to India" or that "Enduros are the most perfect touring bikes for India"

Fact is, 95% of Indian riders could not climb on to these bikes. Or get off - without doing a Dani Pedrosa.
Old 22nd February 2014, 15:06   #952
BHPian

Two days ago I have spotted the Thunderbird Strom in my area, matte black colour with two white strips on it. Sound was very muted gruff, not 10% of the HD Screaming Eagle. But looks so impressive on road. I wonder how the guy managed to get one in Ahmedabad as there is no dealer yet.
Today I found that it was from a guy who lives just fifth house from mine. So will contact him and get the information about it.
Old 22nd February 2014, 19:22   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
. Surprised to read this though. Preetam in fact told me that both the Street and Speed Triples were too big for our roads and what we normally do with our bikes. Or is this just a comparative thing?
Even i felt that street triple is little too compact(smaller) compared to the other big naked's like fz1,cb1000..etc.

No way they are too big for our roads.Thanks to compact-ness its easy to play around with the street triple within city. Again all this in comparison with other higher cc bikes,It definitely is big if we compare to a ktm200/390.

Regards,
harsha
Old 24th February 2014, 10:48   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Two days ago I have spotted the Thunderbird Strom in my area, matte black colour with two white strips on it. Sound was very muted gruff, not 10% of the HD Screaming Eagle. But looks so impressive on road. I wonder how the guy managed to get one in Ahmedabad as there is no dealer yet.
Today I found that it was from a guy who lives just fifth house from mine. So will contact him and get the information about it.
My mistake there, it is Rocket III not the Thunderbird.
He bought it from Banglore dealership.
hiren959 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 18:41   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after years of lusting after it in magazines,i finally see a Bonneville in flesh! Paid a visit to Triumph Bangalore and checked out the bikes.
Are they giving out test drives here in Bangalore? I would "love" to feel the bike for myself.
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:22   #956
BHPian

First Official image of the Triumph Kochi Showroom

Here's a teaser of our showroom under construction. Bookings are already open. The showroom will be on the ground floor of Syama Bushiness Center, the landmark is Gold's Gym which is located on the 4th floor of the same building.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img_4315.jpg  

Dr.Awesomeness is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:21   #957
Senior - BHPian

Re: First Official image of the Triumph Kochi Showroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
Here's a teaser of our showroom under construction. Bookings are already open. The showroom will be on the ground floor of Syama Bushiness Center, the landmark is Gold's Gym which is located on the 4th floor of the same building.
Hi Shyam,

Good to see the teaser picture here. Since we communicated, was wondering if I should put it up here or not and thanks for puting this up yourself. From the picture it appears that the facility is going to be fairly elaborate. Is the service facilities located at the same premises or do you have another area for that ?

All the Best for the venture.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 3rd March 2014 at 12:23.
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:40   #958
Team-BHP Support

Rode a friends Bonnie over the weekend, very short ride and quick impressions.

- Fit and finish is just superb, everything works as it should. Infact quality of chrome and paint is ***** rated.
- Engine is just sweet, the way it sounds and it revs.
- Very nice torque curve, low rpm driving is a breeze. And the way it puts power down was really nice.

Dislikes:

- Turning radius? It's huge.
- Off center stance it feels like a giant, so not very flick friendly and city rides. More of a smooth curve carver.
- New engine, air cooled and was heating up nicely, again should not be an issue on open roads.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:51   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Rode a friends Bonnie over the weekend, very short ride and quick impressions.

- Fit and finish is just superb, everything works as it should. Infact quality of chrome and paint is ***** rated.
- Engine is just sweet, the way it sounds and it revs.
- Very nice torque curve, low rpm driving is a breeze. And the way it puts power down was really nice.

Dislikes:

- Turning radius? It's huge.
- Off center stance it feels like a giant, so not very flick friendly and city rides. More of a smooth curve carver.
- New engine, air cooled and was heating up nicely, again should not be an issue on open roads.
Hi Jaggu,

What did you ride - Bonnie Se or T 100?

From your dislikes and mention of chrome, I take it was the T100.

As you would know T100 was made for the USA Markets, where the 'big rules'. The wheel combo of 19-17 actually makes the difference - the tightness in slow speeds and the off centre stance

Also in and around Cash Pharma area is not the ideal place to test a big bike.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 3rd March 2014 at 12:53.
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:56   #960
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Jaggu,

What did you ride - Bonnie Se or T 100?
=============
Also in and around Cash Pharma area is not the ideal place to test a big bike.
No it was a SE and No it was not at cash pharma. It was a very short stint in an open road, see am not an export on big bikes at all. I just commented based on my limited exp with sub 500's and few liter sports bikes.

But have been watching some videos of triumph since then and now too tempted to try out a street tripple That is more like my taste.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks