Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2014, 21:55   #841
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilash95 View Post
please senior members let us know what MM is? I have been picking my brain since the last 2 pages and half an hour trying to figure out what MM is.
Avi's bike - Maroon Marauder. (CL500) - thread

Last edited by ToroRosso : 3rd January 2014 at 21:57.
ToroRosso is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 09:45   #842
BHPian

A friend just sent a pic on whatsapp of the Daytona being readied at the Hyderabad dealership. Could be either for a delivery or a test-ride bike.

The Bangalore dealer is supposed to have received stocks too but is awaiting showroom clearances from the authorities before starting deliveries.

Credit to fellow bhpian 'kingofmyworld' for the image. As per him the bike was stationed at the dealer's warehouse.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-daytona.jpg  

Last edited by narula123 : 4th January 2014 at 10:14. Reason: Added picture
narula123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 10:02   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
A friend just sent a pic on whatsapp of the Daytona being readied at the Hyderabad dealership. Could be either for a delivery or a test-ride bike.
Can you find out the name of the dealer and location in Hyderabad and post it back here?

Is it Rebel Motors on Rd.No. 12, Banjara Hills OR dealership has changed to Talwars?
Old 4th January 2014, 10:08   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can you find out the name of the dealer and location in Hyderabad and post it back here?

Is it Rebel Motors on Rd.No. 12, Banjara Hills OR dealership has changed to Talwars?

Avi , Rebel is run by a member of the Talwar Family - Saket Talwar in particular.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 10:11   #845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Avi , Rebel is run by a member of the Talwar Family - Saket Talwar in particular.
Thanks Arun, Iam swinging by the dealership in the afternoon. Are you also dropping by? Did you give the cheque to them?
Old 4th January 2014, 10:22   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arun, Iam swinging by the dealership in the afternoon. Are you also dropping by? Did you give the cheque to them?
Not yet . Willing to commit only once the charges and taxes are clear cut. Paying upto 50k extra purely on launch hype is the deterrent.
Old 4th January 2014, 10:46   #847
BHPian

Received the same pic yesterday. The showroom has opened at the erstwhile Volvo showroom space. The new Volvo dealership has moved further down the road. Will drop by tomorrow or next week may be.
Old 4th January 2014, 15:53   #848
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Prabhu who happens to be a keen auto enthusiast and owner of fastest self build drag car in India we got a great preview of the Triumph Bikes today

Self, My Financier, Prabhu and Arun (Absynthguzzler) landed up at the warehouse and we spent over an hour ogling at the bikes and sat on all bikes. Iam not sure but, we may be the first guys in India to get full feel of the bikes ( No TD though as it was uncrated this morning)

Myself and Abysnthguzzler loved the black standard bonny and we both have fallen in love- Hook, Line & Sinker

Bonny feels heavy, solid, robust and decently big enough (though would have liked the bike to be slightly more bigger) and feels overall more solid and definetly bigger than my Classic 500 (which felt smaller and lighter after the preview)

Handle bars are high and seems to be at a great position for those long rides without too much pain to arms or shoulders

Those seats are the highlight of the bike, looks and feels totally comfortable and yet again perfect for those long rides

T100 looks very different from the Standard Bonny and has slightly bigger wheels and looks more retro and one in Red & Black looked great. Didnt like the Gold and White. It has a completely different front odo console as well. Has lovey white piping to side of the seats. Lot of such minor additions for the premium price that you pay

I also loved the Blue/Purple & White Combination of the Bonny which seemed to have a different/better paint finish than the black and had sparkles to the paintjob. I think its not such a big thing to add this gloss to an exisiting paint job.

We also drooled for a bit at the Daytona, Street Tripple and Storm. All the workers patiently removed covers from each bike to give us a detailed preview and allowed us to sit on it and even take pictures.

Overall, we both are sold and Abysnthguzzler may be the first owner in Hyderabad ( if not in India).

Goodluck Absynthguzzler !!! Can't wait to ride your bike before taking the plunge

P.S:- Have plenty of pictures but, will refrain from posting here as we havent sought permission from owner/dealership yet.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 22:34   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Myself and Abysnthguzzler loved the black standard bonny and we both have fallen in love- Hook, Line & Sinker

Mobike008,

Welcome to the club. Believe me these feelings are only going to grow.

The seats are quiet good as it is. But taller guys (not me) have got the "gel seat" modifications and that combo is slightly more comfortable (specially as the seats gets slightly harder once exposed to natural elements).

You may have seen from my thread that my bike has spoke wheels - but its is Standard Bonnie and not T 100. I guess I am lucky to get an abosolute retro looking - standard Bonnie

So have you gone ahead with the booking

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 22:41   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a nice video but, iam wondering why Australians are reviewing Bonny so much rather than typical Brits?
This is a retro Brit bike. Aussies are retro Brit people.

I hope the W800 makes it there, should take a good chunk out of Enfield India's 'retro' market if priced right. May even push EI to some level of quality.
Old 4th January 2014, 23:44   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Have you booked the bike? which model? Please share more details. And is HDFC the sole financiers or one of their financiers
As mentioned by Ram sir, I have booked a Daytona 675R on the same day as the launch by paying INR 1 lac at Aadya Motors on the ORR. It was announced in the launch that Triumph India have tied-up with HDFC to be their financiers. Currently they are the only financiers, but I was told that they would tie up with other Nationalized banks, at a later point of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Is the insurance on the bike being offered by HDFC Ergo General Insurance Co. ? Or are you planning to go with some other insurers.
According to the person with whom I spoke, everything is in place except for the Insurance provider as they are contemplating options to choose the best Insurance provider for better coverage, in terms of fibers and other such things. This is expected to be finalized in couple of days. Insurance and the correct composition of tax from Karnataka RTO is stopping them from providing exact OTR price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
A friend just sent a pic on whatsapp of the Daytona being readied at the Hyderabad dealership. The Bangalore dealer is supposed to have received stocks too but is awaiting showroom clearances from the authorities before starting deliveries.
That seems to be correct information as I too was told the same. So, is the Hyderabad showroom functional now??
Daytona looks MAST cant wait to get my hands on it..

Quote:
We also drooled for a bit at the Daytona, Street Tripple and Storm. All the workers patiently removed covers from each bike to give us a detailed preview and allowed us to sit on it and even take pictures
Lucky guys
abarsenal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 08:46   #852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I would still advise you to consider the Superlow over the Bonny as I feel it has better infrastructure in place for India, is a bigger brand than Triumph, has a better knit Owners Group and activities and now time tested quality for Indian conditions and fuel. My bike cranks on first go even in near freezing temperatures here in Meerut. Never happened with either the Karizma or the Bullet 500 I had.

But overall the sublime pleasure of cranking either of these bikes every morning should be the same. Wishing you best of luck to choose wisely...
Apologies Dkaile, i somehow missed responding to this post. Thanks for the egging to consider an HD as well. Now that yesterday spent sometime checking out the Bonny in person, Iam now in a better position to compare the HD ( Superlow & Iron 883), Will go to HD showroom and check these bikes out too and report back with my feelings

Quote:
Welcome to the club. Believe me these feelings are only going to grow.The seats are quiet good as it is. But taller guys (not me) have got the "gel seat" modifications and that combo is slightly more comfortable (specially as the seats gets slightly harder once exposed to natural elements).You may have seen from my thread that my bike has spoke wheels - but its is Standard Bonnie and not T 100. I guess I am lucky to get an abosolute retro looking - standard Bonnie.So have you gone ahead with the booking.
Thanks Ram, I totally loved how the Bonny looked except as mentioned would have expected the bike to be slightly bigger.

Thats a great input on "Gel Seats" would you also kindly explain in detail what exact that is ( Iam a very casual rider and not an expert as you may have already made out )and how much it costs to get that implemented

Iam 6ft.1in tall and bike looked smaller for my big build. Not sure if Gel seats is recommended for me as Iam a casual rider and will never ride more than 300kms for single ride which is also my outer limit with my Classic 500 and keep wondering how people ride those crazy kms ( i prefer munching those higher miles in the comfort of my car)

I havent booked the bike yet as I will decide only after taking the test ride and dont want to just carried away with the hype ( even though its proven and tested). Basically, Bonny battle is half won and rest will be fought and hopefully won after the TD

You have been a great source of inspiration for consideration for Bonny and also would appreciate a single post either here OR in your ownership thread of your greatest likes of Bonny as well as dislikes. That information would prove invaluable to people like me considering the Bonny

Note: Got some latest information from Absynthguzzler this morning that dealership in Hyderabad already received 35 bookings for Bonny and waiting period has jumped to 90 days. Looks like we have a new "superhero" in town

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th January 2014 at 08:48.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 16:39   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a great input on "Gel Seats" would you also kindly explain in detail what exact that is ( Iam a very casual rider and not an expert as you may have already made out )and how much it costs to get that implemented

Iam 6ft.1in tall and bike looked smaller for my big build. Not sure if Gel seats is recommended for me as Iam a casual rider and will never ride more than 300kms for single ride which is also my outer limit with my Classic 500 and keep wondering how people ride those crazy kms ( i prefer munching those higher miles in the comfort of my car)

Basically, Bonny battle is half won and rest will be fought and hopefully won after the TD
The Gel Seats - I referred to are actually pads mage of gel - which can be inserted inside the original seat covers (this may involve cutting/shaving off the original cushion suitably) or which can be strapped over the original seat. Its very supple and supportive material - have a look at the link bleow if interested.
www.danmedicasouth.co.uk/product/motorcycle-gel-seat-pad/?gclid=CIPLrvXs5rsCFRSWtAodci4Aeg

For the amount of rides you do, I am certain that you will do great with standard seats (I have not modified mine)

Regarding your request to post my likes and dislikes of the Bonnie - I don't think I can do that as I am sucker for Bonnie (mind you at one point before I got the Bonnie I did have 883 - 2001 883 Sportster with some performace mods, for a fair amount of time, a 1998 Honda VFR, a 1995 Honda CBX 750 Night Hawk, an of course my RD 350) from my 1st TD of it in UK in March 2009 I am in "hook, line & sinker 2nd time. 1st time was with my RD 350

Mobike008 - I believe that the supporting infrastructure etc are required for products that require infrasturctural support.

From experience I can say with confidence that Bonny doesn't require any infrastructural support in the normal case. I got my bike in Dubai in April 2009 - as a direct import as there were no dealer/s in UAE. The nearest dealer was about 800 KM away in another country - Doha, Qatar.

I could maintain the bike by carrying our all the periodic maintenace myself with minimum assistance - in a DIY facility provided by one of Motorcycle workshops in Dubai. In 22,000 odd KMS I ran it in UAE all it required was 3 oil changes (oil & filter - filter which is also a standard one in all of the Honda CBR series), 1 set of tyres and a pair od spark plugs.

Ofcourse a bit of elbow grease, polish & chain lubricants etc went in the game as well.

From the way Triumph India is going ahead with the dealer network etc, I would say you are in a far better off situation than I was in when I took the plunge

So don't let the fact that some other comparable brands have a well knit support structure in India, be the focus of your decision making.

TD all comparable makes/models available then take a call

Yes, Triumph is not really lifestyle product (I mean the bike) and for those looking for a lifestyle statement and a well knit "tribe/fellowship" support Triumph/Bonnie is not the one.

Having said that fellowship of Triumph owners is also legendary and very free spirited and really helpful as its not sponsored by dealer or the manufacturer as is the case with some other brands . Do have alook at the following

http://www.triumphrat.net/

Check out all options and then take a call

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 5th January 2014 at 16:51.
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 13:10   #854
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the Gel seats info. Where can it be procured in India or will Triumph themselves sell them as an accessory? As you rightly mentioned, I may not need it at all.

Quote:
Regarding your request to post my likes and dislikes of the Bonnie - I don't think I can do that as I am sucker for Bonnie (mind you at one point before I got the Bonnie I did have 883 - 2001 883 Sportster with some performace mods, for a fair amount of time, a 1998 Honda VFR, a 1995 Honda CBX 750 Night Hawk, an of course my RD 350) from my 1st TD of it in UK in March 2009 I am in "hook, line & sinker 2nd time. 1st time was with my RD 350
Woah, I absolutely didn't know about your past history of the bikes that you owned. That's an enviable list of bikes you owned prior to falling in love with Bonny

Now I have a renewed respect for Triumph Bonneville after reading above comment from you since you find it way better than the above listed bikes

Quote:
Mobike008 - I believe that the supporting infrastructure etc are required for products that require infrasturctural support.From experience I can say with confidence that Bonny doesn't require any infrastructural support in the normal case. I got my bike in Dubai in April 2009 - as a direct import as there were no dealer/s in UAE. The nearest dealer was about 800 KM away in another country - Doha, Qatar.I could maintain the bike by carrying our all the periodic maintenace myself with minimum assistance - in a DIY facility provided by one of Motorcycle workshops in Dubai. In 22,000 odd KMS I ran it in UAE all it required was 3 oil changes (oil & filter - filter which is also a standard one in all of the Honda CBR series), 1 set of tyres and a pair od spark plugs.
Thanks again for this reassurance and 3 oil changes in span of 22K kms seems almost surreal. I dont expect to clock more than 500kms-800kms/Month. So this input really adds foundation to my decision making

Quote:
Yes, Triumph is not really lifestyle product (I mean the bike) and for those looking for a lifestyle statement and a well knit "tribe/fellowship" support Triumph/Bonnie is not the one. Having said that fellowship of Triumph owners is also legendary and very free spirited and really helpful as its not sponsored by dealer or the manufacturer as is the case with some other brands
Agree, it may not have the high whistle brand value of HD or it may not get envious glances like that from an SBK but, Iam sure the pleasure of owning this product would be in a different league altogether considering the phenomenal interest it has already generated ( 35 bookings in Hyderabad without even riding the bike is a decent testament)

Quote:
Is this a Triumph Owners forum? Something similar to TBHP? Unable to open this link at work.

I know iam repeating myself. Appreciate if you can dedicate one post to LIKES & DISLIKES of a Triumph Bonneville, it would be great

Thanks
Avinash
Old 15th January 2014, 18:07   #855
Senior - BHPian

Triumph has tied up with HDFC bank for vehicle finance. Interest rate will be at 12.9% (i think its on a reducing basis) and tenure can be between 24-60 months.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...1-1172813.aspx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks