Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2014, 12:20   #991
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

A few images of my first & unexpected encounter with the Triumph bikes. Details coming up shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img20140406wa0011.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img20140406wa0016.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img20140406wa0015.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img20140406wa0022.jpg  

coolrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 18:46   #992
DipantS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
A few images of my first & unexpected encounter with the Triumph bikes. Details coming up shortly.
NO Street Triple? Looks like Triumph India doesn't have any triple in stock or whatever they have are just for the display.

Old 12th April 2014, 19:44   #993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
If you leave me alone with Avi's bike, with a gas/arc welder for company, and a couple of hours tops, I can make his bike sound as good. Cost will be thousand bucks tops. (where is the innocent angel smiley ...... P.S. Avi please PM me for an idea I have .......
LOL Doc. I missed reading these posts. Iam not your typical Jugaad/DIY type of a guy. But, would be happy to give it to someone who knows his stuff

Will PM you shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
If you are sure to upgrade your exhaust. Just before you upgrade - try drilling a hole in the baffles and see. (just an idea)
Iam given to understand the baffle plate is removable and again refittable. Isnt removing it a better idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
NO Street Triple? Looks like Triumph India doesn't have any triple in stock or whatever they have are just for the display.
Unfortunately even though its a good bike but, there arent many takers for Street Tripple. Atleast in Hyderabad, it hasnt sold even one. People are buying Rockets and Storm's but, no ST

Btw, Bonnie's are selling like hot cakes in Hyderabad. Iam told they are selling atleast 3 in a week.
Old 12th April 2014, 19:53   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Iam given to understand the baffle plate is removable and again refittable. Isnt removing it a better idea?
Avi - Removing it will be like "All Hell broke loose" kind of noise. I suggested drilling a hole for the reason:

a) Noise levels are not atrocious. But a shade noisier than stock.
b) you would anyway go for a change in pipes (assuming)

One of the riders in the Harley group - changed to Screaming eagles - but wasn't happy with the output - Just got holes drilled in the baffle - Now sounds a lot lot better!

Cheers.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 20:05   #995
BHPian

Stock exhaust baffle is not removable. Arrow exhaust.has removable baffles.

The suggestion made is for experimenting on your stock exhaust since you are planning an upgrade anyhow.
absynthguzzler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 10:24   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Avi - Removing it will be like "All Hell broke loose" kind of noise. I suggested drilling a hole for the reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
The suggestion made is for experimenting on your stock exhaust since you are planning an upgrade anyhow.
If you know can you explain the process of drilling a hole into stock baffle?

What iam keen to know is whether this activity will not sacrifice the smoothness of Bonnie's engine and Iam little hesitant to lose that characteristic just to gain on decibels
Old 13th April 2014, 14:55   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What iam keen to know is whether this activity will not sacrifice the smoothness of Bonnie's engine and Iam little hesitant to lose that characteristic just to gain on decibels
Avi, the link below gives an idea of what is involved in the process of removing baffles or drilling holes. Though he is talking about the carburetted models, the process in kind of similar.

http://www.triumphrat.net/blogs/twin...-bonneville-6/

Expert tells me that with the EFI models its much easier, as we don't have to bother about "jetting" etc and hence' the smoothness of the engine will not be lost. He had done this with the "pea shooter" exhausts of his Scrambler in the past.

The tube in the rear of the mufler is almost same arrangement as it used to be in RD 350 (but in that it was held in place by a screw and we had provision to pull it out) and I am told it will have to be drilled out before the baffles are accessible.

May be people like Arun has a more practical idea about this

Best Regards Ride safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 13th April 2014 at 14:56.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 09:43   #998
BHPian

Triumph Bangalore has every bike except for the Thunderbird Storm on display currently. I was completely floored by the Thruxton and Street Triple. The Speed is way too heavy. I simply can not believe that the Daytona standard and R versions are available in India but the St3 R isn't. Due to an unavoidable situation I am in the market for another bike and am now in a bind. Do I wait for the St3R or just take a plunge? I'm also getting conflicting reports from people "R is undergoing homologation process" ; "no current plans to bring the R in". What do you guys think? The St3R vs Thruxton is another difficult and never ending debate ! In an ideal world...........
Old 14th April 2014, 14:49   #999
BHPian

This was last to last Sunday. As usual, we went to a small joint by the name of Bhairavnath just before Khambakti Ghats on the way to Mahabaleshwar. We left around 6:15 in order to come back early & beat the heat & traffic. We reached around 7 AM. I found a gap between 2 bikes & managed to squeeze mu 390. These bikes turned out to be a Daytona & Thunderbird Storm !!

A White Daytona, a White-Blue Bonneville, a Black TB Storm & a Black Street Triple were ridden down by the BUB guys (authorized dealer for Pune). I immediately recognized one of them as the same SE from KTM who delivered my 390 a few months ago. These were Test Ride bikes. Within minutes we were handed the keys. I chose the Street Triple as I was interested in it.

Looks beautiful, especially the bug eyes. It is compact & most suitable for my 5'6" frame. I sat on it after riding 60 odd kms on my 390. Immediately the difference was noticed. The sitting position is aggressive. Very crouching. This was my first time on a super bike after 7 years since my R1. I was quite nervous & scarred. It has a limited turning radius as compared to the 390. I had to move it forward & back quite a few times just to get it on the correct side of the road.

Once in position, I started off slowly. The speeds climbed quickly & hit the triple digit mark within seconds. The exhaust sounded amazing thanks to the Arrow set up. The bike felt nimble. I did not try any manoeuvres & rode very defensively. Wind Blast is very prominent after 100-120 kmph. One might enjoy the bike if one is used to super bikes or after getting used to it.

I might go in for it. On road price is around 8.5-8.6 lakhs. Bikes to be delivered within 60 days of booking.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-20140406_071914.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-20140406_071920.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-20140406_071929.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-20140406_071938.jpg  

Old 14th April 2014, 17:25   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Avi - check this out. Bafflectomy is what they call it.

Old 16th April 2014, 01:09   #1001
BHPian

Re: Good News In Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Pesrsonally good news as well for me in that the Bangalore dealer has agreed to do the Servicing for my Bonney (which is a direct import) and I really appreciate their service (for me not having to get the hands dirty).
Triumph Bangalore has the best team

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
At last the Transport Commissioner has reportedly issued the Make Approval letters for Triumph and that bikes have started receiving their perma registration numbers (hope the Bangalore owners can confirm this)
Correct, this started last week. After a long weekend for RTO, today I was confirmed of the number I had asked for.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-image.jpg  

abarsenal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 08:23   #1002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
Correct, this started last week. After a long weekend for RTO, today I was confirmed of the number I had asked for.
Congrats, I wanted a similar number for my Bonnie (0865) to depict the cubic capacity and also met my expectation of a total of 1.

But, number series was in 9000 and had to wait for atleast a couple of weeks to get my desired number.

Hence, settled for next best 9190
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 11:43   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, I wanted a similar number for my Bonnie (0865) to depict the cubic capacity and also met my expectation of a total of 1.
I too wanted only 675 but had to shell out close to 10K for this, which I felt is unnecessary. Anyways, with the way I have got the plate done, it can be read as 7-675 or 76-75.

Cops would have a hard time in getting the number correctly but it also gives them a chance to extract 100 bucks from me
abarsenal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 16:27   #1004

Hi bro,

Can you let me know wher you bought your predator exhaust for the
triumph from?

Cheers
Old 17th April 2014, 09:07   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

A call out to Bangalore Triumph Owners......

Some of Hydeez BHPians are riding to Bangalore on April 26th morning and will be reaching around noon. Plan to return on April 27th post lunch

It would be great if we can meet for a late lunch/coffee somewhere around Brigade Road on April 26 as we will be staying somewhere around there.

People who are joining this ride are :-

Mobike008 ( Bonnie)
Absythnguzzler (Bonnie)
Susan3004 (Bonnie T100)
Sanjay (Bonnie)
Mani (Bonnie T100)
Insearch (TB 500)
Rider 60 (N250)

Ecosportrules will be joining this convoy in his Ford Ecosport with our +1's

P.S: Or we can even meet for a short ride on April 27th morning !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th April 2014 at 09:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks