Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 15:32   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Love that bluing on the pipes!

Do these bikes ever pink when they get hot?
Old 29th January 2014, 16:41   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

Do these bikes ever pink when they get hot?
They do turn pink/glowing red - if ever you leave them unattended after hitching to them/winding them up/starting them (like a true lady)

Seriously - when they are stationary for more than 5 minutes, with engine on, they do turn pink at the gills (bend pipes).

There was a period when I didn't use her for fairly long stretch of time and the battery had less charge than required. I jumpstarted her with cables and left her running, while I was stowing back the cable etc and gone in to the house to get the rest of my ridding gear. By the time I came back she was glowing red.

Mind you, you can't really see it in bright light, I saw this at around 4 am in the moring (our ridding time in Dubai in Summer).

Another one for the lover of blue

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-2010_0519april0051-.jpg

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 29th January 2014 at 16:46.
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 16:47   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
They do turn pink/glowing red - if ever you leave them unattended after hitching to them/winding them up/starting them (like a true lady)

Seriously - when they are stationary for more than 5 minutes, with engine on, they do turn pink at the gills (bend pipes).

There was a period when I didn't use her for fairly long stretch of time and the battery had less charge than required. I jumpstarted her with cables and left her running, while I was stowing back the cable etc and gone in to the house to get the rest of my ridding gear. By the time I came back she was glowing red.

Mind you, you can't really see it in bright light, I saw this at around 4 am in the moring (our ridding time in Dubai in Summer).

Another one for the lover of blue

Attachment 1198550

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
That's great info Ram. But I was actually asking about pinging (knocking) - as in pre detonation. Like what the Bullets do if the timing is too advanced or when they get hot or run lean.

That's a lovely blue. Here's one of mine in the blue love fest!

Never re-chromed my bend pipe in over 12 years because I did not want to lose the evolving rainbow (much the same as described by you)!

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-dsc00062.jpg

Last edited by ebonho : 29th January 2014 at 16:55.
Old 29th January 2014, 16:52   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That's great info Ram. But I was actually asking about pinging (knocking) - as in pre detonation. Like what the Bullets do if the timing is too advanced or when they get hot or run lean.
Aaha !

None I have noticed. I guess the EMC and the related management programmes kick in and take care of that and hence, this is not happening.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 31st January 2014, 20:11   #890
BHPian

First Daytona on Indian roads
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img_20140129_230627.jpg  

abarsenal is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 21:17   #891
BHPian

Thats a lovely colour combination. I love the dash of red. And the name decals are very different from the standard logo, but suit the bike.
Old 31st January 2014, 21:42   #892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post

Is it in Bangalore - yours I presume. Congratulations.

If its in Bangalore - this was the bike Prasanna (Service Manager) was setting up when I visited the show room last Saturday

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 1st February 2014, 01:01   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Is it in Bangalore - yours I presume. Congratulations.

If its in Bangalore - this was the bike Prasanna (Service Manager) was setting up when I visited the show room last Saturday
Thanks. No Daytona's are delivered in Hyderabad till now (I presume so ). Mine was the first in Bangalore, so eventually first in India

I have no words to describe Prasanna, maybe he was the greatest person on earth for me, at least on the day of my bike's delivery

Last edited by moralfibre : 1st February 2014 at 06:53. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
Old 1st February 2014, 08:38   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. No Daytona's are delivered in Hyderabad till now (I presume so ). Mine was the first in Bangalore, so eventually first in India I have no words to describe Prasanna, maybe he was the greatest person on earth for me, at least on the day of my bike's delivery
Ownership review please.
With lots of pics of course.
Akhilash95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 08:48   #895
BHPian

I thought the Daytona 675R came with Arrow Exhausts.These look like normal ones.
Ive always loved the Daytona, Please post the ownership Review with loads of pics.
And a sound clip if possible, That 3 cylinder grunt is so exclusive.It sounds better than other inline 4s.

Last edited by DocRock : 1st February 2014 at 08:53.
Old 2nd February 2014, 20:14   #896

Got my Triumph Street Triple last Wednesday. Still doing my running in. Thought I'll upload some pictures.

Regards,
Sham.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-photo-1.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-photo-2.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-photo-3.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-photo-4.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-photo-5.jpg  

karmapilots is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 08:52   #897
BHPian

@Karmapilots: Congratulations!!! Wishing you many happy miles.

Whats the price for the flyscreen? Does it help reduce the wind blast? Please post your opinions on the effectiveness of the flyscreen. And also, any ground clearance issues with speed breakers?

Pardon my multiple questions, just that I'm planning to buy one soon, and want to clear out any potential issues Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2014, 09:14   #898

Hey hifisharu,

No problem with all the questions. I'm happy to help.
Paid 10,400/- for the flyscreen. Won't be able to comment on the the effectiveness it has against wind blast coz i never rode without it. Yesterday i was doing around 100 kmph on the new airport flyover and the wind was hitting me pretty fine. Was not a struggle to ride. I suppose i will be able to give you a better feedback once i take the bike over 100 kmph which has to wait a lil coz I'm still doing my running in.

If you look at the bike picture closely you can see that I've also fitted a frame guard. Its 3600/- bucks. Do order that too when you get yours.

I've also ordered few more things like the rubber tank pad, rear tyre hugger, belly pan etc. Just ordered the essentials which will protect the bike. By the way the sound of the arrow silencer is unbelievable. Its 32,000/- bucks. Buy that too. The sound is really sweet compared to the muffled sound of the original ones.

The ride height is good. No problem with any bumps while riding solo(I'm 85 kgs). While riding with my wife, the normal legal ones are not a problem at all. But be careful of the awkward small tall ones. I slightly scraped the underside while negotiating one of them.

Hope I answered all your questions. Write in if you need more info.

Sham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
@Karmapilots: Congratulations!!! Wishing you many happy miles.

Whats the price for the flyscreen? Does it help reduce the wind blast? Please post your opinions on the effectiveness of the flyscreen. And also, any ground clearance issues with speed breakers?

Pardon my multiple questions, just that I'm planning to buy one soon, and want to clear out any potential issues Thanks.
karmapilots is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:21   #899
BHPian

@karmapilots: thank you very much for the useful info. Will definitely go in for the frame protectors, though the fly screen sounds absurdly expensive. And I feel it takes away a bit for the bike's mean looks. And since I'm planning for a white one, the fly screen will be more conspicuous. Hopefully, everything will fall into place soon. Till then, thanks for the pics to drool at
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 11:44   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Abarsenal: Congrats!! Looks lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmapilots View Post
Got my Triumph Street Triple last Wednesday. Still doing my running in. Thought I'll upload some pictures.

Regards,
Sham.
Question: Why are both of you holding back with words? PLEASE post more pics and thoughts about the bikes!! Can NOT wait to hear more.
Wishing both of you unlimited happy and safe miles on your triumphs!

Cheers,
Kapil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks