Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2018, 13:07   #10411
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
How about the 600W Bosch blower?
I did not try this out but went with the more powerful one as my house is plagued with this leaf issue. There is a huge tree in front and behind my house and we have a million leaves falling all over. These leaves get into every crevice of my cars and the blower helps with that. It also was very good for the compound and surroundings, but due to the noise i have not used it much till I get a good set of ear muffs.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 13:30   #10412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
These leaves get into every crevice of my cars and the blower helps with that.
Does this help with cleaning the A/C intake slits too ?

I am worried because as far as what I have seen in my DZire, there is no large vent at the bottom, but rather a small outlet drain pipe which directly pours on to the axle.

Won't the blower push all the dust and debris deep inside and block the drain pipe ?

Asking, cause I have no idea.
Old 11th March 2018, 08:33   #10413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
This is the fist time I bought tyre cleaner hence I do not have experience with other similar products.
So, I had to urge to check the gel type since lot of discussions in favor of gel type really had my thought kicking. Since I use Armorall gels (protectant and leather conditioner), I thought "Why Not ?".

Went ahead and bought. Did not use the applicator that they provided in that box since my MRF ZVTV has sharp markings on sidewall and I was sure that the applicator will not last one tyre.

This is cleaned wheel.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-cleanedwheel.jpg

First Coat

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-firstcoat.jpg

After 10 minutes. The glare from the cement floor looks like unfinished job on the tyre. And the Gel is soaking the walls of the tyre as I was applying and you can see patchy grey areas. This will never happen with my old favorite 3M Dresser.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-after10min.jpg

Costly when compared to 3M dresser and the type is glossy. Not my liking, but if it helps someone.

Last edited by prithm : 11th March 2018 at 08:34.
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 16:10   #10414
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Auto Fresh has a anniversary sale going on. On lot of products, they are offering flat 37% discount. They have lot of Chemical Guys stuff.

https://www.autofresh.in/

Thanks.. Vikas

Disclaimer: No commercial interests involved in sharing this message.
vikasshu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2018, 17:04   #10415
BHPian

Does someone know a good detailer in Noida region? Google search didn't throw many options and the good ones in NCR are very far from Noida.
Old 14th March 2018, 19:31   #10416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Does someone know a good detailer in Noida region? Google search didn't throw many options and the good ones in NCR are very far from Noida.
Hi Nonstop-driver, I believe you do not want to visit 3M car care in Noida. I see there are three of them as per their website.

I know it'll be far off but you can try our own BHPian Notorious who has car detailing business. Here is a review as well: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ing-delhi.html

And here is their FB page link: https://www.facebook.com/Dazzleshowcars/

Kind Regards,

Vikas
vikasshu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 11:03   #10417
BHPian

Thanks, Vikas. Coincidently, I've visited them both

I got the new car paint protection program done by 3M last year. While it wasn't bad, I do feel they are over-priced for what they do. My experience has been average.

I visited Notorious' workshop too and while I'd hand over my car to him any day, he's in the far end of the city from Noida and leaving the car there would mean I'll have to plan weeks in advance to get it done from him. He even inspected my car for ceramic coating but the distance and commute discouraged me.

Eventually, I'll visit Notorious if nothing else works out nearby.
Old 16th March 2018, 12:37   #10418
BHPian

Is there a high quality ceramic coating center in Kolkata? A friend of mine has asked me enquire about it for his creta.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2018, 21:16   #10419
BHPian

I bought a Meguiars hard wax from a 3M outlet from where I got paint sealant protection treatment done on my new car. I never tried the wax myself though. Took it to a car washing/detailing centre near my home where I take my car for washing every Sunday. The manager over there insisted on using the liquid wax which would apparently give shine as well as repel water. So, since then my car gets applied with the same wax twice a month.

However, what I have noticed is that whenever it drizzles/rains, my car looks the dirtiest with countless drop marks on it, and they tend to dry up quickly making it difficult to clean (my car is a ruby red shade just 4 months old). Never observed the same on my previous car.

Also, swirl marks have started popping up slowly and small scratches too for which I once asked those guys to do the polishing procedure with hard wax, the result was decent.

I need some advise as to:
1. How often should I take my car for detailing?
2. I know they use good products, however should I insist for some specific brand of liquid wax which actually works as water repellent?
3.Should I insist on doing the hard wax application rather(the one that I bought and keeps lying in the boot)?

I'm sure these answers are discussed somewhere within this mammoth of a thread, however reading through the pages and finding answers becomes difficult sometimes.
Avalanche2409 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 00:29   #10420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche2409 View Post
1. How often should I take my car for detailing?
Depends on how dusty or dirty car becomes in short time. Detailing once per year is more than enough if done by serious guys. Not those multi business model ones.

Quote:
2. I know they use good products, however should I insist for some specific brand of liquid wax which actually works as water repellent?
Good waxes (hard) are generally your best bet. Liquid waxes don't last as much as hard ones. Though easy to apply, they are inferior to hard waxes in long run. Your budget is the only limit if you choose to go that way. Options aplenty.

Quote:
3.Should I insist on doing the hard wax application rather(the one that I bought and keeps lying in the boot)?
Yes. I made the biggest mistake of giving my car to dealer who uses cheap liquid soap & dirty linen to wash cars. My car is now rife with swirl marks. My previous posts here is all to desperately save the paint work. My laziness got the best of me & now I have to correct the err.

Insist them to use clean buffing pad & sponges. Otherwise, it's the same case. If you can manage few hours over weekends, this is a great workout plan using hard wax.
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 21:32   #10421
BHPian

Thanks for the prompt response prithm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Good waxes (hard) are generally your best bet. Liquid waxes don't last as much as hard ones. Your budget is the only limit if you choose to go that way. Options aplenty
Yes, by now I have realised that hard waxes are better. Budget is definitely not an issue but finding someone to/being able to apply it properly is.
Quote:
Yes. I made the biggest mistake of giving my car to dealer who uses cheap liquid soap & dirty linen to wash cars
The washing centre where I take my car is new although quite a decent one, better than many I have seen till date. The workers and equipments they use are quite professional.
Quote:
If you can manage few hours over weekends, this is a great workout plan using hard wax.
Guess I have to get rid of my laziness, initially I used to give my car a waterless wash every weekend, now the frequency has come down. I love my car but I've realised one needs to be on his toes if the car is to be kept spic and span.
Old 21st March 2018, 15:47   #10422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasshu View Post
Hi Friends,

Auto Fresh has a anniversary sale going on. On lot of products, they are offering flat 37% discount. They have lot of Chemical Guys stuff.

https://www.autofresh.in/

Thanks.. Vikas

Disclaimer: No commercial interests involved in sharing this message.
Thanks for the alert - I have ordered a APC and a Dashboard Dresser from Chemical Guys in Autofresh.in website.
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:05   #10423
BHPian

Could someone recommend me a mild compound and a hard wax? I'm thinking Collinite 845 or Meguiar's G6207 black paste wax. Mild compound because I've rubbed compound once before and don't want to erode clear coat too much.

I'll be getting it done from a detailer but I want to have the flexibility of choosing my own products.
Old 23rd March 2018, 17:58   #10424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could someone recommend me a mild compound and a hard wax? I'm thinking Collinite 845 or Meguiar's G6207 black paste wax. Mild compound because I've rubbed compound once before and don't want to erode clear coat too much.

I'll be getting it done from a detailer but I want to have the flexibility of choosing my own products.
Do note, polishes are milder than compounds.

C845 is a pure Carnauba wax with no polishing compounds. Try Meguiar's Ultimate Polish which you can buy at several online stores. I'd prefer this combo over Megs 6207 which is a wax + polish product.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 19:00   #10425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you need a good one step try Carpro Fixer - see this post for reference:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3416694

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks