Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:00   #1591
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Back in the forum after a long time.
I had a question pertaining to the upgraded software of the infotainment system.
i just recently got the software upgraded to the latest version [with the ? mark and connectivity to the bluesense app].
now i am facing a peculiar problem:
i listen to music from my cell via bluetooth. now in the earlier version, when i switched on the car, the system would by default bluetooth connect to my phone and start playing music from where it left off last. essentially, the system would continue playing whatever source it was playing from last.
now with the new software, the system starts in radio and i have to manually switch the 'music' button, open the htc music app and start playing.

i don't know if it's the same problem with USB, because i don't have one in the car.

has anyone faced a similar problem? is there a workaround?
this is getting quite frustrating everytime i start the car, and i have half a mind to ask the ASC if they still have the older version of the software- i don't mind losing out on the 'help' and 'bluesense' in exchange for some peace of mind
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:05   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
Back in the forum after a long time.
I had a question pertaining to the upgraded software of the infotainment system.
i just recently got the software upgraded to the latest version [with the ? mark and connectivity to the bluesense app].
now i am facing a peculiar problem:
i listen to music from my cell via bluetooth. now in the earlier version, when i switched on the car, the system would by default bluetooth connect to my phone and start playing music from where it left off last. essentially, the system would continue playing whatever source it was playing from last.
now with the new software, the system starts in radio and i have to manually switch the 'music' button, open the htc music app and start playing.

i don't know if it's the same problem with USB, because i don't have one in the car.

has anyone faced a similar problem? is there a workaround?
this is getting quite frustrating everytime i start the car, and i have half a mind to ask the ASC if they still have the older version of the software- i don't mind losing out on the 'help' and 'bluesense' in exchange for some peace of mind
This seems to be a problem only in your car. With the latest version it works perfectly fine in mine. It always goes back to the previously selected source and plays from where it stopped (Even for USB and Audio CD)Probably after the software upgrade, they didn't do a complete reset (Disconnect battery -ve terminal and connect it back). I think its just matter of 5 mins they can resolve it.

-HCP
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:38   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
This seems to be a problem only in your car. With the latest version it works perfectly fine in mine. It always goes back to the previously selected source and plays from where it stopped (Even for USB and Audio CD)Probably after the software upgrade, they didn't do a complete reset (Disconnect battery -ve terminal and connect it back). I think its just matter of 5 mins they can resolve it.

-HCP
HCP. But have you tried it out with BT music? my inference from your reply is that if you're using usb or cd, then the source is there in the system when it starts up. but with BT, it takes half a minute for the connection to be established. and that is when the system switches to radio on account of absence of the previously playing music source.
i should check out the usb option in my system today.
Old 23rd March 2013, 14:14   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
That would imply serious incompetence of Mahindra as a manufacturer, as i had posted earlier
This is with respect to the steering pulling to left problem.

Well as mentioned we all had pulling to left problems! then G3 motors with their brand new equipment aligned my vehicle - it was a dream after that -absolute dead centre!
Unfortunately dreams vanish soon.
After a service/ tyre rotation some 7 months ago the problem is back and they have not rectified it though they always say it is done. Yes the pull is not very apparent as before but it still requires to keep the thumb holding the steering down to the right!
For those who dont know - it was something to do with the front right side camber/caster bolt size /setting. Many were getting it replaced by a thinner in diameter bolt which gave sufficient play/flexibility to adjust.
In my case made him adjust as much as possible rather than replace the bolt.
So now I just live with it!

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 23rd March 2013 at 14:20.
Old 26th March 2013, 07:48   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Since they wanted to do a thorough check on my machine (including the winder motors of the front windows and proper steering/wheel alignment), the vehicle stayed in the service-center overnight. So unfortunately I don't have photos of the new design.

I have visually inspected the pads after taking the delivery of the car the next day and my understanding is that the front pads are Galfer, while the rear ones are still Bosch. Not very sure whether only front or all pads are supposed to be from Galfer. Would talk to my RM about it when I visit next time.
There is a facebook page of the XUV owners where someone posted the pictures below of the latest brake pads. Are these the new Galfer brake pads? Apologise for the poor picture quality
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-bp1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-bp2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-bp3.jpg  

shrk_18 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 11:28   #1596
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
There is a facebook page of the XUV owners where someone posted the pictures below of the latest brake pads. Are these the new Galfer brake pads? Apologise for the poor picture quality
shrk_18, this is a fantastic update! Thanks for taking the time, looking for those pics on other forums and sharing those pics.

After a simple visual inspection of my front-brake-pads, they indeed look similar to the ones in the pics shared by you. No specific brand name is visible as such.

Let me take a pic of the front wheels soon and share here.

Last edited by SDP : 26th March 2013 at 11:30.
Old 27th March 2013, 10:54   #1597
BHPian

Quote:

-HCP
HCP,
i did check it out with a cd.
and guess what, even with the cd in the player, when i switch on the car, it goes back to radio everytime.
so i guess this is different from what you've experienced. i'm going to take it to the ASC and get it rectified.
thanks for your inputs.
Old 27th March 2013, 17:24   #1598
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Being a potential XUV customer, I have been following this thread diligently from page 1. Lately, I can see that most of the niggles have been sorted out by Mahindra and the public recall is a good news as well. Most importantly the brake issue has been resolved by Galfer brake pads. But my question is that there is not much of a discussion about the AWD variant of the XUV. I read that there is some problem in the transmission. Is this resolved? Is anyone aware of any other issues and niggles in the AWD variant? AWD is the one I am interested in buying and hence the doubt.

Thanks guys.
Old 27th March 2013, 23:15   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi Friends,

Being a potential XUV customer, I have been following this thread diligently from page 1. Lately, I can see that most of the niggles have been sorted out by Mahindra and the public recall is a good news as well. Most importantly the brake issue has been resolved by Galfer brake pads. But my question is that there is not much of a discussion about the AWD variant of the XUV. I read that there is some problem in the transmission. Is this resolved? Is anyone aware of any other issues and niggles in the AWD variant? AWD is the one I am interested in buying and hence the doubt.

Thanks guys.
Check out moderator Anshuman's AWD ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rship-log.html
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 06:25   #1600
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi Friends,

Thanks guys.
tachobell has shared moderator .anshuman's AWD ownership thread. Let me share the oldest AWD thread on team-bhp.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...00-w8-awd.html

Besides the standard niggles, I don't recall docap reporting anything specific about the AWD system/transmission.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 14:38   #1601
BHPian

After quite a bit follow up with the area manager of M&M I finally got the brake pedal replaced. And I feel it is worth all the trouble. I had already received the Galfer brake pads. Now the braking is really crisp and progressive. The huge free play of pedal is just gone. Now very confident in high speed braking.

What I observed with the new pedal is, there is a sensor that was too close the axis of the pedal, now got shifted down to get more angular velocity when you press the brake. So I assume the ESP electro-mechanical assistance will get activated at an earlier stage of braking with this change. Also the thickness of the lever is increased to avoid any wobbling while hard braking. Attaching a picture of the new pedal. The sensor was present at the location marked at top circle, now moved down to the location marked with bigger circle (sensor is not installed in this pic). You can also notice the part number on this snap so that can ask your RMs to get this part.

-HCP .
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20130327_114617001.jpg  

HotChillyPepper is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 14:59   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
After quite a bit follow up with the area manager of M&M I finally got the brake pedal replaced. And I feel it is worth all the trouble. I had already received the Galfer brake pads. Now the braking is really crisp and progressive. The huge free play of pedal is just gone. Now very confident in high speed braking.
Dear HCP,

I see that you are in Bangalore. Which dealer did you visit ? The person you spoke with was Prahlad from M&M or someone else? Also what is the year and month of manufacture of your vehicle?

Please let me know, as I was told only brake pads will be replaced and not the pedal. I want to nail them using data here

Thanks
shrk_18
Old 29th March 2013, 15:32   #1603
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What I observed with the new pedal is, there is a sensor that was too close the axis of the pedal, now got shifted down to get more angular velocity when you press the brake. So I assume the ESP electro-mechanical assistance will get activated at an earlier stage of braking with this change. Also the thickness of the lever is increased to avoid any wobbling while hard braking. Attaching a picture of the new pedal. The sensor was present at the location marked at top circle, now moved down to the location marked with bigger circle (sensor is not installed in this pic). You can also notice the part number on this snap so that can ask your RMs to get this part.

-HCP .
Thanks for the picture and details HCP! Very useful information.

Mahindras, this clearly looks like a redesign. Should we expect a official recall soon?

PS: As stated earlier, I do have this pedal on my XUV since 3 weeks now and I can vouch that the braking is great. Night and day kind of difference between earlier and now.
Old 29th March 2013, 17:25   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
Dear HCP,

I see that you are in Bangalore. Which dealer did you visit ? The person you spoke with was Prahlad from M&M or someone else? Also what is the year and month of manufacture of your vehicle?

Please let me know, as I was told only brake pads will be replaced and not the pedal. I want to nail them using data here

Thanks
shrk_18
Irrespective of dealership you go ask them to show a branch new car that is March manufactured. And ask them why the brake pedal is changed in that car. It is your right to get a fix for a vital component like brake.

My suggestion, better be polite and instead of asking them for a replacement for the pedal, tell your original problem. The brake pedal free travel was the issue I persuaded. I told them I have no complains about the stopping power, but the initial play of brake pedal is causing me panic in urgent situation. M&M folks were very cooperative in understanding the problem, they offered to send technician to home. But I visited service station next two days to get it done.

@Shrk: I am PMing you the details you have asked.

-HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 29th March 2013 at 17:26.
Old 29th March 2013, 17:42   #1605
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Irrespective of dealership you go ask them to show a branch new car that is March manufactured. And ask them why the brake pedal is changed in that car. It is your right to get a fix for a vital component like brake.
While the point is valid, I am not sure if the change has been incorporated in the production-line already. May be a new proud owner of a XUV can throw some light.

Did your RM/area-CCM mention that the new brake-pedal is coming factory-fitted on current batches?

Last edited by SDP : 29th March 2013 at 17:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks