Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2015, 22:31   #181
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post

Swami
swami ji, please can you help put up pictures of you seats after they were modified for lumbar support etc.?

Were you able to add a height adjuster to the seat .?

Regards

Shenoy
Old 14th January 2015, 09:41   #182
BHPian

hi shivshanker,

I did not add any height adjuster to the seat. But the seat was fabricated using additional foams for the side walls, lower back, upper back on both the rear and bottom portions. Due to this, the thigh is resting nicely and much more softer and cushiony. Once this is all done, a new cover was precisely stitched and skin fitted. The overall height of the seat has increased a bit. Please find some pictures.
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-seat1.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-seat2.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-seat3.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-seat4.jpg

Please let me know if you need more information. Total cost Rs. 4000 for both seats.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 12:40   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
hi shivshanker,

Swami

Ok. My new additions to the thar..

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564181.890840.jpg
plush bucket seats with extra foam added on the side.. Material is faux leather but of a good grade..

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564256.822143.jpg

both seats and the back benches in the same format.. A rope has been tied into the seat and pulled back for the added bucket seat arrangement.

Very comfy
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564339.840139.jpg
both benches get their different size covers. As one bench is longer than the other.. Got these frills added in the middle...

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564413.990808.jpgpleats.

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564443.008687.jpgarm rest for 800 including installation..

Good quality stuffs

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564510.910192.jpg
can slide forward
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564535.675625.jpgdecent storage..

Particularly to hold phones in an otherwise empty cabin ... Notice the seat side pocket.. Got that added to hold some papers, parking slips etc.. This apart from standard back pockets..
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564660.954939.jpgrd gear lock u shaped for 1100. One year warranty 3 keys...

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564709.378245.jpg12 v power socket cum cig lighter.. 150 rupees.. The mouth of thar 12 v socket point is bigger than standard cars so you need a different type .. This one has an illuminating green ring to hold the socket..
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1421564830.796267.jpgconcerned abt the way centre armrest has been installed.. It took the guy 3 hours as in his words.. Jaane nikhil gayi meri is jeep main...

Seat covers front seats and the rear benches complete set including installation Rs. 2800..

Got mats also done for 550 rupees.

Note from Support:
Multiple Formatting Issues. Please preview your posts before saving. Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 18th January 2015 at 15:37. Reason: Multiple Formatting Issues. Please preview your posts before saving. Thanks.
Old 2nd February 2015, 08:48   #184
BHPian

my Thar dashboard rattles and squeaks continuously... the cheery on this cake are the AC vents..... what have you people done to enjoy your ride better in this area please
Old 2nd February 2015, 09:22   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
my Thar dashboard rattles and squeaks continuously... the cheery on this cake are the AC vents..... what have you people done to enjoy your ride better in this area please
Please have an ASC remove the dashboard (and all it's components) and re-install it, should fix the problem.
Will take a couple of hours, though!
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:03   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
My Thar dashboard rattles and squeaks continuously, the cheery on this cake are the AC vents. What have you people done to enjoy your ride better in this area please?
Dear Shivshanker - hello to you. It was indeed my pleasure to meet you during the VCCCI rally on Sunday! The reply to your above query is as follows:

Root cause:
1. Thar CRDe perforce uses Bolero VLX instrument panel because only Bolero VLX instrument cluster meets the EMI / EMC compliance and the instrument panel meets the front left seat passenger head impact CMVR compliance required for M1 homologation (white number plate, private registration). The 45 mm wide rubber strip just below the windshield glass is not for show, it is for CMVR, the rubber shore hardness is closely controlled. Without these two decisions, Thar CRDe would not be in production at all.
2. Thar CRDe is built on the Bolero VLX platform. Everybody knows that it is actually a Bolero VLX 4WD with a reduced wheelbase, made to look like a Jeep, so logically it uses the Bolero VLX airconditioner blower. However, the part number at level 1 (assembly line supply) is not same bacuse in Thar, the instrument panel is moved towards the steering wheel as compared to the Bolero due to the basic packaging requirement of straight windshield glass as compared to curved windshield glass.
3. Due to relocation of the instrument panel, Thar CRDe uses the combination blower outlet duct assembly made out of FRP to save tooling cost. Also, Thar CRDe uses flexible corrugated hoses to channel the cold air from the blower to the ducts.

Corrective actions:
Simple, as Bopanna said, carefully reassemble each part properly, this will see you through. If assembly is done properly, there will be no rattling and squeaking. Take some time and do it properly once, it will last forever. Don't waste your time with the ASCs, it's not worth it.

I am not trying to justify anything. Also, I once again state that without such a decision, Thar CRDe would not be in production at all, which was not acceptable to me, no matter what anybody says.

Now, after tasting lovely market success for 4 years without competition (), something new is being worked out. Oh come on now, 4 years, hahaha! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 21:10   #187
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Shivshanker - hello to you. It was indeed my pleasure to meet you during the VCCCI rally on
=======
Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram sir,

what a vehicle. I am using it as my daily ride.what a vehicle.

thanks for crafting a masterpiece.
Old 17th February 2015, 11:07   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhi29 View Post
Behram sir, what a vehicle. I am using it as my daily ride. What a vehicle. Thanks for crafting a masterpiece.
Dear sukhi29 - hello to you! I humbly accept your comment with lots of thanks! Wow, this feels so good! You have made my effort worthwhile. Please send me a PM with your mobile number in it, it will be my privilege to touch base with you, I'll call you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th February 2015, 11:23   #189
BANNED

Mod note: Back to back posts, use EDIT once post is approved. Thanks.

Quote:
Dear sukhi29 - hello to you! I humbly accept your comment with lots of thanks! Wow, this feels so good! You have made my effort worthwhile. Please send me a PM with your mobile number in it, it will be my privilege to touch base with you, I'll call you.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
People say things about thar.

the other day i was reading a pOst where a person sold his thar because it came to a halt in middle of highway. Come on! Any vehicle with mechanical And/or electrical systems can fail anytime.
why single out thar?

i know its not loaded with features. Thats the point - Its's an old school ride. Reminds me of maruti 800 Days when we would roll down windows. I like it and that is why i did not get power windows installed.
i am also keeping the soft top intact. I like things the way they are made.

People buy a thar and expect it to behave like an SUV. Can salman act like shahrukh? NO. Never.

benefits of thar, How it changed my life.

- Girls want a ride in it, they love it.
- Guys want to own, people appreciate it when i am on a red light. (both verbally and through eyes!)
- No more cars messing around, everyone stays away and make way for me
- attention : Even a jaguar owner looks at thar, and i love the attention
- if u have a thar, u are in a different club because there are so less of them, it takes balls to buy one.

i got 31" Hankook Dynapro MT on 15" Deep dish rims and new bumper (that same mahindra showroom offering), And it looks mean.

thanks again behram sir for changing my life for good.

Thats my thar, and i call it "chariot of the gods"
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-1424152489564.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-1424153015809.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-1424153030109.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th February 2015 at 11:47. Reason: Back to back posts, use EDIT once post is approved. Thanks.
sukhi29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 17:44   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If u have a Thar, you are in a different club because, because it takes balls to buy one. Thanks again Behram Sir for changing my life for good.
Dear sukhi29 - anytime, my friend! I did it because it was my dream. I wanted to change my life and make it better, more meaningful by doing it. I have only one competitor in life and that's me! I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it, so I did it. Yes, I will use the same word as you have used, it takes balls to buy one, it took a lot more balls to make one, dammit! .

You know something, in life they say, "it's not done till it's done"! You and thousands of others have recognized it and said so, but still, "it's not done till it's done"! That day will also come! You need to read between the lines to understand this paragraph!

Your vehicle looks lovely. Do consider writing the letters "JEEP" on the sides and removing all other nameplates!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 17th February 2015 at 17:48.
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 19:51   #191
BANNED

Quote:

Your vehicle looks lovely. Do consider writing the letters "JEEP" on the sides and removing all other nameplates!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
sir,

i am considering throwing matte black plasti-dip on all the emblems. The mahindra below windshield, the thar crde and 4x4.

MT tyres added to the look and now its a real head turner.

i work in customs and central excise deptt. and on fridays i ride my way to office (other days my pulsar ns tackles traffic best). The moment i take right turn to enter office complex, the CISF guards salute me and throw a smile (as if i made their day), 'n' Number of inspectors and superintendents ask me about thar. They dont let me enter the office!

inside, when i am at my desk, people come asking For the guy who drives that huge jeep!

i dont have to look for a decent parking spot now. I park at the most uneven spot (because others cant), And i dont need to care about dents and cracks in bumpers, others near thar do!

it has met 4 accidents - 3 minor ones and one major one. My sympathies with the owners of those cars. My bumpers just bent a little, their bumpers cracked and bodies got dented (later i got my bumpers bent the other way using hammer and cloth!).

damn those Vibrations and irritating sounds coming out while driving it. Money is well spent. I am enjoying every moment of my time in thar.

when a jaguar owner and his girlfriend check out your car on a stop light, you know that you bought the best one.

p.s.

i am quite unhappy with body roll and interior plastic quality. But then, who is happy?
sukhi29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 21:10   #192
BHPian

Can you let me know the place where you did the upholstery work. I am looking for some place that can do my seats for the Scorpio, I have a slightly different plan though

Please let me know if you need more information. Total cost Rs. 4000 for both seats.

Swami[/quote]
Old 26th February 2015, 06:41   #193
Senior - BHPian

Where is the fuse box located in a Thar crde or is it all relays in the electrical system ?
Old 26th February 2015, 11:33   #194
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Where is the fuse box located in a Thar crde or is it all relays in the electrical system ?
Below the steering wheel. Open the plastic panel using screwdriver. Somewhere fuse box will be there.
i went to get a blown fuse replaced and the car shop guy started opening unscrewing the panel below the steering and he said it will take 10-15 Minutes to do so. But i had to Reach somewhere so i asked him that i will get it done later.

but i was wondering if fuse box is near steering, what is the black box in right corner (when we pop the hood open)?
Old 26th February 2015, 11:53   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but i was wondering if fuse box is near steering, what is the black box in right corner (when we pop the hood open)?
Those are the relays and some main fuses if i am not mistaken. The smaller ones should be under the dash area somewhere.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks