Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:49   #241
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions

Wanted help with some part no confirmation if anybody has access to Mahendra catalogs.ASS could not help much even after constant pestering.The max i could dig out from available info.

Bolero VLX fuel tank protection plate Part no: 1001BA0050N
Bolero VLX Sump Plate : This Part is not shown in Parts catalogue
Scorpio M2DI Lower Flexible clutch hose Part NO: 0011631 ?

Behrambhai can you help on this, would have PMed you instead of the forum space, but do not have that option.
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:18   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay Stanley View Post
Being a doctor and surgeon by training tried grafts from 3 different cadaver to change vents ( Old OHC, a junked Tavera, Force Traveller). Thar rejected them all as the profile cuts mismatch.

A Baleno one did match to the spot and was a perfect fit, but will have to wait till my another old friend pledges to donate it.Organs both human and vehicles are on on a wait list, unless you know somebody from chopshops at Kurla, Chorbazaar or some cops.

If you get a Baleno one try it.It will fit with a bit of modification.

Wow Vinay, Simply great, I have a baleno and a Thar too, this means I can move my AC vents along with me to which ever car I use

Before I wreck either one, would love to talk to you, please if not a big problem can you call me at your leisure on 9867291968

Last edited by shivshanker : 2nd April 2015 at 21:19.
Old 2nd April 2015, 21:40   #243
BHPian

Since you have both, you cant try it yourself.

As i mentioned earlier it was a simple point of grab-pinch-slide-pry open the small link without breaking it and fitting the same on Thar. It will come out a little bit but in fact this design helps.

But before trying all this try the rainx route, it will solve the issue.
If you try either options revert back, i tried this from my friends Baleno as i do not have it, it also did not take more than 15min to try and fit ( push) it back.

The only risk is there are 2 points that can break in baleno one,but can be easily fixed by a hot gluestick.
Vinay Stanley is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 12:16   #244
BHPian

Now people, don't laugh, but does anyone know if the Thar has a cabin filter? If it does, then where is it located?

Given that we don't have re-circulation mode for the Air Conditioner, I was thinking that it would possibly help if I could replace the stock cabin filter with the Activated Carbon filter made by Bosch.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:43   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamB View Post
Now people, don't laugh, but does anyone know if the Thar has a cabin filter? If it does, then where is it located?

Given that we don't have re-circulation mode for the Air Conditioner, I was thinking that it would possibly help if I could replace the stock cabin filter with the Activated Carbon filter made by Bosch.
Cabin Filter
In stock form, a Thar pulls in so much dust, that you need a Dust filter for yourself.
Now coming to your actual query, no the Thar does not have a cabin filter.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 13:00   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
In stock form, a Thar pulls in so much dust, that you need a Dust filter for yourself.
That's a way of putting it.

Well, to be honest, I am not surprised that it doesn't have a cabin filter. Any retro-fit ideas, anyone?

Moving on to the next question, I observe that on long drives, after I've driven for a couple of hours, the center console (the one on the floor, sold as an accessory) gets heated up real bad. A/C doesn't help here, they just forgot fix a blower vent to cool the legs. Is this a normal occurrence or is something wrong that needs fixing? Have others here faced it? Can anything be done about it or does Mahindra expect us to drive around with Frozen Torso and Grilled Legs?
Old 7th April 2015, 13:06   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's a way of putting it.

Well, to be honest, I am not surprised that it doesn't have a cabin filter. Any retro-fit ideas, anyone?

Moving on to the next question, I observe that on long drives, after I've driven for a couple of hours, the center console (the one on the floor, sold as an accessory) gets heated up real bad. A/C doesn't help here, they just forgot fix a blower vent to cool the legs. Is this a normal occurrence or is something wrong that needs fixing? Have others here faced it? Can anything be done about it or does Mahindra expect us to drive around with Frozen Torso and Grilled Legs?
I do not have a Centre console in my Thar, but yes i do feel the area around gear lever get hot. To be honest, never really bothered, but yes i have a removable carpet in my thar, may be it helps in some heat dissipation.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 23:21   #248
BHPian

Cabin Filter in Thar next is cruse control....climate control in a tinbox Thar

I have a 2014 model with no console fitted and do not have any unnatural or excessive heating even on long driver across 5-6 hrs or even 500 kms.

I normally do not usually use AC in Mumbai and sure use sparingly in Alibaug due to humidity, but have never faced this heating issue.

the only rationale of your floorboard heating excessively being improper heat dissipation due to carpeting,Fiberglass ( the console itself ) which could be acting as a heat insulator trapping heat. Try reseating the rubber sheets if you dont have console or if you have a console remove and check it.
Old 11th April 2015, 18:46   #249
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,
I have a Thar which has done around 2K kms.
I have experienced thrice a strange resonance like shrill sound from the Thar.
It came when i was just driving on a normal flat road.
All three times, i had the AC on.
When i heard the sound, i just coasted the car to a stop and the sound just stopped.
Any ideas/pointers on what could be causing this?
Thanks,
Deepak
Old 1st May 2015, 12:34   #250
BHPian

Iam not sure what sound you are referring to, If its a continuous "clutter sound" its just a malfunctioning relay.

Before approaching the ASS who are in fact Time Machine controllers who can take a whole day out of your life try prying out and popping in the relay box adjacent to the pedal.

Or as you are mentioning and if i get it right a shrill or whining sound it could be some axle related issue, and you just had the coincidence of observing it while the AC was on.

Unclear as too many permutations might be there.Not much help from my end but just pointers.
Old 1st May 2015, 22:05   #251
KMT
BHPian

I require help on two Questions from fellow THAR CRDe owners and forum members-
1) My thar has oil ingress into the Turbo via the breather pipe of the oil seperator.
I noticed the hose from the aircleaner to the turbo getting greasy with oil fumes and traced the problem to the oil seperator breather.*
I had the seperator replaced but the problem appears to have resurfaced in 1000kms.*
Should I be worried?

2) The Jeep had to have the brake booster replaced at 25000 kms as it was beginning to lose vaccum. The Booster gets very hot due to its proximity to the Turbo.*
I am told this is a design flaw in the Thar CRDe.
Any suggested solution in the form of a heat shield or vent?*

Thank You.

NOTE-
I had posted this query in the wrong section and only Mr Behram Dhabar had responded.
He said that both were not an issue.

Have any of you faced these problems?
Old 2nd May 2015, 08:46   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay Stanley View Post
Iam not sure what sound you are referring to, If its a continuous "clutter sound" its just a malfunctioning relay
Dear Vinay,
It isn't the chatter of a malfunctioning relay.

Quote:
Or as you are mentioning and if i get it right a shrill or whining sound it could be some axle related issue, and you just had the coincidence of observing it while the AC was on.
I do not know how to explain this sound. It is similar to the sound of a tuning fork but much much louder.
The sound has reappeared a couple of times now and i have turned the AC off while the vehicle is still moving and the sound just disappears.
Additionally, she has emptied 2 fills of the coolant in 2000 clicks.

Quote:
Unclear as too many permutations might be there.Not much help from my end but just pointers.
Thanks Vinay. I understand that this problem description is too vague. But i do not know what else to do.
If i end up at an A.S.S with this not reproducible problem description, i know that it is

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 2nd May 2015, 14:46   #253
BHPian

Quote:
I observe that on long drives, after I've driven for a couple of hours, the center console (the one on the floor, sold as an accessory) gets heated up real bad.
Thats the hot air leaking out of the 4wd lever shroud. I too face the same problem.
tomraven99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 10:14   #254
BHPian

Thar'ains,

As I park my vehicle on the road, I have a different kind of problem. My parking lot is infested with road romeo's who tend to lean on the car and god knows what else they do to it.

Long story short, I have found that the slightest pressure to side mirrors, they give way at the base of mirror unit where the nut and spring attaches.

Agreed that the mirrors are cheap from MASS at 240 a unit, is there any solution to have more sturdy units other than the 13K a pair wrangler mirrors.
Old 5th June 2015, 10:23   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Long story short, I have found that the slightest pressure to side mirrors, they give way at the base of mirror unit where the nut and spring attaches.

Agreed that the mirrors are cheap from MASS at 240 a unit, is there any solution to have more sturdy units other than the 13K a pair wrangler mirrors.
Try replacing them with mirrors from Bolero VLX, they are more sturdily built. As added advantages you get a slightly wider mirror area and a better looking glossy black finish!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks