Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 12:42   #271

Re: Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions

Been facing one other issue - whenever I drive over some rumblers / closely spaced small speed breakers or potholes at around 30kmph, the vehicle fishtails like crazy. Its almost like the back end is bouncing around uncontrollably. It happens both to the left and the right directions and takes some counter-steering to bring back under control.

Does this happen with everyone here? What could the reason be if this is an anomaly? Please help!

Thanks!
Old 24th August 2015, 15:20   #272
BHPian

Dear All,

Have been facing an issue in my Thar where the car veers towards the right. Got the wheel alignment and balancing done but the problem still persists. Any suggestions on the same?
Old 24th August 2015, 16:08   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_soul View Post
Dear All,

Have been facing an issue in my Thar where the car veers towards the right. Got the wheel alignment and balancing done but the problem still persists. Any suggestions on the same?
You need to get the camber checked and corrected. Since the camber correction job is a time consuming process (metal spacers called 'seams' need to be added or removed from where the wishbones are bolted) therefore most alignment shops do not correct the same.

A tell tale sign of incorrect camber is the tyre getting worn out from one of the edges.
Old 25th August 2015, 00:08   #274
BHPian

I am facing a really strange problem in my Thar.
There is a squeaking sound coming from somewhere in the dash. It starts after 5-10 minutes of driving and the squeak continues on really good roads as well.
This is really driving me crazy, any pointers on what to check?
Also, the canopy rattles and shakes are quite tiring as well, is the crossbar that comes in newer models worth installing?
Old 25th August 2015, 12:30   #275
KMT
BHPian

Hi
A question on the Thar crde engine.
Can I physically blank off the EGR valve inlet at the exhaust manifold.
Will it have any negative consequences ?
Thank you
Old 25th August 2015, 14:03   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
Hi
A question on the Thar crde engine.
Can I physically blank off the EGR valve inlet at the exhaust manifold.
Will it have any negative consequences ?
Thank you
First thing shall be that the vehicle shall no longer be compliant with the emission norms it was designed for. If you're vehicle is subject to PUC checks then they will not conform to the designed limits for NOx emissions.

Secondly the overall operation temperature of the engine (at peak) shall increase by approximately 10 to 15 percent. The ECU is programmed for having the exhaust gas component in the cylinders, therefore the mapping is optimised for the same. It shall get violated too.
axlerod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 12:32   #277
Team-BHP Support

At 16K kilometers, my Thar's clutch pedal has become quite hard compared to my 4WD Bolero at 62K kilometers. What do I need to get checked at the next service?
Old 1st September 2015, 19:50   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear 911er - the canopy vendor is in Pimpri Pune, just 2 kms away from "where I work", if you want it, I can speak to him.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Thank you so much, sir. I'm sorry I didn't see your reply earlier, but I have spoken to someone in Mulund who might be able to help. In case that falls through, I will ask that favour from you!
Old 1st September 2015, 21:48   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc.wanderer View Post
Been facing one other issue - whenever I drive over some rumblers / closely spaced small speed breakers or potholes at around 30kmph, the vehicle fishtails like crazy. Its almost like the back end is bouncing around uncontrollably. It happens both to the left and the right directions and takes some counter-steering to bring back under control.

Does this happen with everyone here? What could the reason be if this is an anomaly? Please help!

Thanks!
Thar rear is soft. Upgrade the shocks to stiffer ones. Same travel.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 12:38   #280
BHPian

Has anyone found a solution to the water leakage in the footwell? Every morning I find a little puddle of water on the passenger's side mat and the driver's side footwell is constantly wet.

I know for certain this is not condensation from the air conditioner because it happens every morning in the monsoon, irrespective of the car been driven or not the previous day. Having read Post #2671 in this thread, it seems this issue is sort of a common one.
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:37   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911er View Post
Has anyone found a solution to the water leakage in the footwell? Every morning I find a little puddle of water on the passenger's side mat and the driver's side footwell is constantly wet.

I know for certain this is not condensation from the air conditioner because it happens every morning in the monsoon, irrespective of the car been driven or not the previous day. Having read Post #2671 in this thread, it seems this issue is sort of a common one.
Obviously, you would have checked the Rubber T Joints just below the Dashboard to ensure that there is no leakage from that point, this is a common culprit as the T BAR has another pipe to take the condensation water out side the vehicle
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:54   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Obviously, you would have checked the Rubber T Joints just below the Dashboard to ensure that there is no leakage from that point, this is a common culprit as the T BAR has another pipe to take the condensation water out side the vehicle
The thing is, I've never actually seen the water drip from anywhere except trickling down the wires on the passenger's side and forming a puddle at the bottom as seen in the Second mat photo.

I have two layers of mats but there is water on the top mat, in between the mats and even below the undermat. Even the insulation on the firewall is drenched. I just can't figure out where the water is coming from.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-drivers-side.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-second-mat.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-undermat.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Issues & Solutions-wire.jpg  

Old 17th November 2015, 01:11   #283
BHPian

hi everyone,

i took delivery of the new Thar (2015) CRDE one week ago in Jammu.
Have really been enjoying it since and have driven about 350 kms.

Since today evening i have been hearing a "tuck tuck" sound from below the vehicle. its audible at all speeds and sounds like something is brushing against a tire, as it moves.

I havent engaged 4WD since taking delivery, but someone on the FB group suggested driving in reverse to disengage the hubs.

Something similar had once happened in my Scorpio, which turned out to be a small pebble stuck in the brake disc.

Please give suggestions before i take it back to the dealership.

thanks in advance.

cheers

Kundan
Ksingh544 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:42   #284
BHPian

After a coorg trip my Thar is blinking the check engine light. Also felt power loss during inclines and the jeep was struggling. Oil levels were normal. After I showed it to the ASC they advised to remove all accessory wiring and completely replace the dashboard wiring! Any idea regarding the issue?
The loss of power they said was due to a worn clutch plate.
Old 23rd December 2015, 00:06   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomraven99 View Post
After a coorg trip my Thar is blinking the check engine light. Also felt power loss during inclines and the jeep was struggling. Oil levels were normal. After I showed it to the ASC they advised to remove all accessory wiring and completely replace the dashboard wiring! Any idea regarding the issue?
The loss of power they said was due to a worn clutch plate.
A blinking engine check light indicates either a malfunctioning clutch sensor or brake sensor. Please take your Jeep to a reliable ASC who will hook up his computer to the Jeep's port and identify the malfunctioning part in a jiffy!

The loss of power is an integral mechanism to prevent high speed driving (and a potential accident) with malfunctioning parts!

Last edited by cpbopanna : 23rd December 2015 at 00:08.
cpbopanna is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks