Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2012, 13:29   #406
BHPian

Re: What's that sound ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
If the sound was due to the lower arm bush, then you should be hearing it on all bad patches, irrespective of steering position.

This sound sounds more like a CV joint issue. Please check if the drive shaft boot on the LH side is in good condition (Both inner and outer).
Thank you for the reply.

This sound actually comes on all bad patches and while turning left or right. But will check on the drive shaft as well and update.
Old 8th October 2012, 20:30   #407
BHPian

Cross posting from my ownership review :

"Guys I need help.

The alternator screeching noise is back! Few days
back I started the car and it goes khurrrrrrrrrr.
This time I think it is more loud and irritating then
the previous time.

It comes on when I switch on the ac. Also,
sometimes without ac or with ac while driving, if I
have to brake and downshift to 2nd or 1st gear,
this noise comes on again.

Now what should I do? The alternator belt was
changed about a month back only.
Hope not an expensive issue.
Cheers. "
Old 11th October 2012, 21:49   #408
BHPian

My OHC 1.5exi has a whistle coming from the front left wheel.. it happens when I accelerate, and after crossing humps (not on the leading slope, but on the falling one only). There car also moves slightly to the left, even after alignment was done twice. Any idea as to what's happening here?
Old 13th October 2012, 07:30   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in
My OHC 1.5exi has a whistle coming from the front left wheel.. it happens when I accelerate, and after crossing humps (not on the leading slope, but on the falling one only). There car also moves slightly to the left, even after alignment was done twice. Any idea as to what's happening here?
How many kms has your car done after last suspension overhaul? May be the suspension bushings are worn out, or shocks need to be replaced. The pulling to left side can be due to several reasons - worn out suspension, alignment, tyre pressure difference, binding brakes.. Rule out all simple causes before making expensive changes.
Old 13th October 2012, 13:25   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
How many kms has your car done after last suspension overhaul? May be the suspension bushings are worn out, or shocks need to be replaced. The pulling to left side can be due to several reasons - worn out suspension, alignment, tyre pressure difference, binding brakes.. Rule out all simple causes before making expensive changes.
Suspension overhaul was done 2 years ago. I have since changed he bushings in front at the beginning of this year.

Another thing that i forgot to mention earlier is that the front tire is getting worn out pretty quick. A mech checked it out today, and said that the lower arm is bent and it needs to be changed. This is the second time that arm is getting changed..
Old 14th October 2012, 17:03   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in

Suspension overhaul was done 2 years ago. I have since changed he bushings in front at the beginning of this year.

Another thing that i forgot to mention earlier is that the front tire is getting worn out pretty quick. A mech checked it out today, and said that the lower arm is bent and it needs to be changed. This is the second time that arm is getting changed..
Do you drive on particularly rough roads? Normally its not easy to bend the lower arm - needs a very strong impact. Change asap, you will have to invest in new tyre also if there is excessive uneven wear.
Old 14th October 2012, 19:16   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Cross posting from my ownership review :

"Guys I need help.

The alternator screeching noise is back! Few days
back I started the car and it goes khurrrrrrrrrr.
This time I think it is more loud and irritating then
the previous time.

It comes on when I switch on the ac. Also,
sometimes without ac or with ac while driving, if I
have to brake and downshift to 2nd or 1st gear,
this noise comes on again.

Now what should I do? The alternator belt was
changed about a month back only.
Hope not an expensive issue.
Cheers. "
As you said the alternator belt was changed a month back, all it needs is adjustment. A new belt is stiff and when used run for sometime it becomes slightly loose and needs minor adjustment again and then it remains good for quite long. Do get it adjusted as quick as possible otherwise it will damage the pulley.

You might also need to adjust AC compressor for screeching sound when turning on AC.
Old 14th October 2012, 19:24   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
As you said the alternator belt was changed a month back, all it needs is adjustment. A new belt is stiff and when used run for sometime it becomes slightly loose and needs minor adjustment again and then it remains good for quite long. Do get it adjusted as quick as possible otherwise it will damage the pulley.

You might also need to adjust AC compressor for screeching sound when turning on AC.
Hey thanks. I got it rectified a couple of days back.
The mechanic tightened the belt with some rod and the sound vanished. He gave the same explanation which you gave in your post.
Old 16th October 2012, 12:48   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Do you drive on particularly rough roads? Normally its not easy to bend the lower arm - needs a very strong impact. Change asap, you will have to invest in new tyre also if there is excessive uneven wear.
Not really rough roads.

I had the mech check it out again, and he had to change the bearings, and bush (3rd time) as well. He says that 195/55/R15 is too tough on the OHC.
Old 22nd October 2012, 07:12   #415
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help me out on this one.

What sound : A faint sizzling like sound; like some loose connection or short circuit.
When : When the ignition key is in the on position, continues occasionally
When it dies : Definitely when the key is turned back; or when the engine is turned on it is not audible but might be present
What it is not : The hizzing sound of fuel pump
How much : Feeble and difficult to identify in a noisy environment; but audible in my garage.
Where : Inside the cabin; audible from the driver's seat; could not identify further; guess it's from inside the dashboard
Which car : Baleno
What I fear : A loose connection somewhere in the electrical; but couldn't even that lead to a major short circuit?
What else : One of the LED that lights up the climate control display conked off a few days before a check engine light came on . Now this has come back to normal (don't know how!) and ever since, no engine malfunction light.
Further : The CEL flashed code 14 when grounded.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GTO : 24th November 2012 at 11:06. Reason: Removing dead link
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:07   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Where : Inside the cabin; audible from the driver's seat; could not identify further; guess it's from inside the dashboard
I took out the flap under the steering and checked for the sizzling sound. A small motor, which oscillates the temperature regulator flap is the culprit. The working of the links are such that once the oscillation reaches the extreme point, the link travels in the reverse direction. It just doesn't seems to get stable at the extreme most point and is constantly trying to stabilize. Does not happen always.

No short circuit. Nothing serious. Relieved.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:42   #417
BHPian

Hey Guys, i have a 1.4 TDCI Ford Fiesta. Its only about 4 months old and I've done about 6,000 kms. Lately, while going over potholes and speed bumps there is a noise, which is more of a squeak which comes out of the rear suspension on both the sides.

Is there something i need to worry about or is it just a small niggle?
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:25   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
while going over potholes and speed bumps there is a noise, which is more of a squeak which comes out of the rear suspension on both the sides.
I am having the same sound but only from front left strut location. I am also having a new suspension perhaps in my old honda city.
Old 13th December 2012, 13:51   #419
BHPian

Chevrolet Beat ghungroo like sound from front driver-side wheel

At parking speeds only, there is a tink-tink sound like what comes from a ghungroo, from the front driver-side wheel. As soon as I cross about 25kmph, it vanishes. You can't hear it with the windows rolled up, but is pretty audible windows rolled down.

I took it to the Chevy 'service' center but as usual they're deaf and can't hear it (The KUN guys here in Hyderabad are pathetic).

Anybody here hear anything like this before? I checked the discs and they don't seem loose. I hope it's nothing that would affect the safety of the passengers as I've been continuing to drive the vehicle around. Suggestions for a good mechanic are also very welcome!

Mods, please merge with an existing thread if necessary. Thanks!
Old 13th December 2012, 14:10   #420
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat ghungroo like sound from front driver-side wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
At parking speeds only, there is a tink-tink sound like what comes from a ghungroo, from the front driver-side wheel.
Thanks!
As silly as it sounds have you checked the tyres? There could be something like a stone or nail stuck in the thread! Its happened to me before!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks