Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:26   #9361
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

I am facing hard gear shifts on my 2008 Civic MT for few months now. I spoke with my FNG and he says if the gear shifts on stand still with ignition off is easier then it could be a clutch related issue and may require a Clutch Kit and Releaser bearing replacement. Anyhow, I will take the car to him and then only will decide on the next course of action.

But just for my understanding what would be the costs for OE parts for Clutch Kit and Bearing. In after market there are options of Valeo & Exedy for Clutch Kit with both of them costing in 4.5k to 5k range and Nachi bearing 1.2k, but FNG was insisting on OE parts for Clutch if at all it has to be replaced.

So, inputs on OE part costs and how to source it in Bangalore would be welcome. Actually my FNG said he can get the OE parts but that would cost MRP + some percentage on top of MRP as dealers would source parts on MRP amount and then add their margin.

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 3rd July 2019 at 17:28.
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:27   #9362
Senior - BHPian

Did you try flushing and replacing brake and gear oils if you haven't done this for a few thousand km yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I am facing hard gear shifts on my 2008 Civic MT for few months now. I spoke with my FNG and he says if the gear shifts on stand still with ignition off is easier then it could be a clutch related issue and may require a Clutch Kit and Releaser bearing replacement. Anyhow, I will take the car to him and then only will decide on the next course of actin.

But just for my understanding what would be the costs for OE parts for Clutch Kit and Bearing. In after market there are options of Valeo & Exedy for Clutch Kit with both of them costing in 4.5k to 5k range and Nachi bearing 1.2k, but FNG was insisting on OE parts for Clutch if at all it has to be replaced.

So, inputs on OE part costs and how to source it in Bangalore would be welcome. Actually my FNG said he can get the OE parts but that would cost MRP + some percentage on top of MRP as dealers would source parts on MRP amount and then add their margin.

KK
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:42   #9363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am facing hard gear shifts on my 2008 Civic MT for few months now. I spoke with my FNG and he says if the gear shifts on stand still with ignition off is easier then it could be a clutch related issue and may require a Clutch Kit and Releaser bearing replacement. Anyhow, I will take the car to him and then only will decide on the next course of action.
I had got it at 4.3k for the Daikan clutch plate and 900 for release bearing.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4316070 (Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!)
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:58   #9364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Did you try flushing and replacing brake and gear oils if you haven't done this for a few thousand km yet?
I bought the car pre-owned last December and not sure when was this done. Will check on this also. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I had got it at 4.3k for the Daikan clutch plate and 900 for release bearing.
Thanks. I checked your post, you have put Exedy Clutch Kit and Nachi bearing which I had mentioned. How is your car feeling now after 1.5 years of the replacement?

KK
Old 3rd July 2019, 17:59   #9365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

KK
You may give it a shot by lubricating the mechanism under the gear shift stick. The plastic trim can be easily removed by prying.

Also, both Excedy and Valeo are good brands and OE to many manufacturers. You may consider them as replacement. Most likely the Honda OE will be made by either of the two.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 09:04   #9366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
You may give it a shot by lubricating the mechanism under the gear shift stick. The plastic trim can be easily removed by prying.

Also, both Excedy and Valeo are good brands and OE to many manufacturers. You may consider them as replacement. Most likely the Honda OE will be made by either of the two.

Regards.
Thanks saket, I will ask FNG to try this first. But any idea how to procure any OE parts of Honda.

KK
Old 4th July 2019, 09:41   #9367
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Are there any known issues with the facelift Civic Automatic?

Are the following things from first gen resolved / improve?
  1. Engine mounts
  2. Low Ground Clearance (no formal communication of improvement I understand, but anyone who has tried both and experienced if there is any improvement?)
  3. Steering Rack

Also, what do you think is a fair price for a 2011 VAT (92 kms run), Fair condition, 3rd owner car?
Old 4th July 2019, 10:43   #9368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks saket, I will ask FNG to try this first. But any idea how to procure any OE parts of Honda.

KK
Honda ASC doesn’t sell spares over the counter. The other option is Boodmo. But be prepared to wait a little. As far as I understand, their order handling is not as smooth as the likes of say amazon, etc.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 10:54   #9369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Honda ASC doesn’t sell spares over the counter. The other option is Boodmo. But be prepared to wait a little. As far as I understand, their order handling is not as smooth as the likes of say amazon, etc.

Regards.
Boodmo is out of option. I am done with my share of waiting for their order processing. But I don't think even Boodmo has the OE part for clutch kit. I couldn't find it there in my search yesterday.

Edit - Seems like Boodmo is carrying OE parts of Clutch Disc, Pressure plate (these two come as one package as Clutch Set in aftermarket) and Releaser bearing.

Are these the right parts -

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-disk...ssure-5369607/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-disk...ction-5389019/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-bear...e_nsk-4868739/

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 4th July 2019 at 11:07.
Old 4th July 2019, 12:57   #9370
Senior - BHPian

OE clutch is from Exedy. You can search this thread, I have pics when we changed with Exedy from after market. I changed the first clutch at 123k, then till civic went from me till 160k clutch was fine with Exedy aftermarket.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2019, 15:23   #9371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
OE clutch is from Exedy. You can search this thread, I have pics when we changed with Exedy from after market. I changed the first clutch at 123k, then till civic went from me till 160k clutch was fine with Exedy aftermarket.
Are you sure OE clutch part is from Exedy, as Boodmo is selling Exedy also (https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-clutch_set-42795324/) and separate parts marked as OE Honda also. OE parts links I had given in my last post, quoted below.

Interesting thing is Exedy Clutch Set has both Pressure plate and Disc as a set for ~ 4.5k, and parts mentioned as OE Honda is sold as two separate parts both with each of the pressure plate & disc charged at ~ 4 to 4.5k with 9k in total.

If Exedy itself are the OE part makers for Honda, then I will go ahead with Exedy ones and can save ~ 4k.

EDIT - Ok, Thanks. I did dig out your 2015 post, where you have put the stock part pics which are indeed by Exedy . I will get the car checked once, if there is need to replace Clutch parts will go ahead with Exedy itself.

Quote:
Boodmo is out of option. I am done with my share of waiting for their order processing. But I don't think even Boodmo has the OE part for clutch kit. I couldn't find it there in my search yesterday.

Edit - Seems like Boodmo is carrying OE parts of Clutch Disc, Pressure plate (these two come as one package as Clutch Set in aftermarket) and Releaser bearing.

Are these the right parts -

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-disk...ssure-5369607/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-disk...ction-5389019/

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-bear...e_nsk-4868739/

KK

KK

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 4th July 2019 at 15:38.
Old 8th July 2019, 16:30   #9372
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys!

I have shifted to Delhi for work and I am looking to get myself a Civic/City. I will be going today to check out the first Civic that I liked.

Any specific things to look at?

Its a 2007 model with 77KMs on the ODO, but reading all your post it seems 2007 and 77KMs is not that much and wont be too much of a headache to maintain.

Also, can you recommend the following:

1. A good genuine Honda Service center where I can get the car checked (I think they charge INR 2000) - anywhere in Gurgaon/Delhi.

2. A good and reliable FNG where I can get the car regularly looked at (if the need be).

P.S: I stay in Noida.

Last edited by Pancham : 8th July 2019 at 16:32.
Old 10th July 2019, 21:27   #9373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Guys!

I have shifted to Delhi for work and I am looking to get myself a Civic/City. I will be going today to check out the first Civic that I liked.

Any specific things to look at?

Its a 2007 model with 77KMs on the ODO, but reading all your post it seems 2007 and 77KMs is not that much and wont be too much of a headache to maintain.

Also, can you recommend the following:

1. A good genuine Honda Service center where I can get the car checked (I think they charge INR 2000) - anywhere in Gurgaon/Delhi.

2. A good and reliable FNG where I can get the car regularly looked at (if the need be).

P.S: I stay in Noida.
I would suggest, try to go for a post 2010 April car if possible since they would be BSIV. God knows when NGT announces no BSIII cars in NCR.

Also 2007 means you cant use the car for more than 3 years, i.e. till 2022. Why would you want to invest in a car just for 3 years and after that it is scrap.

Saying this only because you are in Noida. Rest of India it isn't an issue...yet.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 10th July 2019 at 21:29.
Old 10th July 2019, 21:45   #9374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I would suggest, try to go for a post 2010 April car if possible since they would be BSIV. God knows when NGT announces no BSIII cars in NCR.

Also 2007 means you cant use the car for more than 3 years, i.e. till 2022. Why would you want to invest in a car just for 3 years and after that it is scrap.

Saying this only because you are in Noida. Rest of India it isn't an issue...yet.

Thanks. Yes I am aware of the NGT rule. Delhi has a huge stock of old Honda Cars especially Civic an City. The car I saw was in a terrible condition with no service records and airbags busted. Yet it was nice to drive. Search is on.
Old 15th July 2019, 12:33   #9375
BHPian

Realized in yesterday's short rain in Bangalore that my wiper blades are streaking and there is considerable noise also. Think its time to replace the wiper blades. My question is whether I need to replace the wiper set or only the rubbers.

Can anyone help me with the size of wiper blades and also any recommended brands for Civic.

KK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks