Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2019, 13:40   #9301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

My cousin's Civic needs new brake pads for all wheels. Guys, which brand are you using and at what price? Honda OE is there, but if better or similar stuff can be had for lower prices, then why not?

Regards,
Saket
Old 18th April 2019, 15:24   #9302
BANNED

@saket77; We prefer to use the Honda OE stuff. However, our son has got the pads from Brembo and is quite happy with them. Remember if you buy outside the OE then you also have to find a good maintenance chap to do the installation.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2019, 16:56   #9303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@saket77; We prefer to use the Honda OE stuff. However, our son has got the pads from Brembo and is quite happy with them. Remember if you buy outside the OE then you also have to find a good maintenance chap to do the installation.
Thank you sir for the advice. I did check Amazon for Brembo pads. Obviously they are a good name in the segment. The price is identical to Honda OE stuff; around 9K for the set.

Need to check if someone has gotten Bosch or Nissin ones installed as aftermarket parts. I believe it will work out to be cheaper and as good as OE in performance.

Regards,
Saket.
Old 20th April 2019, 15:00   #9304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Thank you sir for the advice. I did check Amazon for Brembo pads. Obviously they are a good name in the segment. The price is identical to Honda OE stuff; around 9K for the set.

Need to check if someone has gotten Bosch or Nissin ones installed as aftermarket parts. I believe it will work out to be cheaper and as good as OE in performance.

Regards,
Saket.
My mechanic had put in Nissin ones in the front. I suspected they were not original as there was a lot of brake dust than the earlier ones. I would stick to branded close to OE atleast for the front. Rear ones non OE should be ok.

Spares hub have quite a few.

https://spareshub.com/car-brands/hon...tcategory=1788

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-brake_pads.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_hurkat View Post
Guys, which is best and genuine website to order spare parts for Civic? I tried Boodmo and had a pathetic experience.
Try spareshub.com. They are based in Pune, since you are located in Pune you might get a quick delivery service too.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 20th April 2019 at 15:29.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 16:11   #9305
BHPian

Quote:
I'm currently running on Roulunds brakes pads in the front from the last 5000 Km's which I got for 1400 bucks. They do their job silently though a little dull on performance when compared to the OE ones but still quite VFM at that price point.
Kashish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 18:42   #9306
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, which is best and genuine website to order spare parts for Civic? I tried Boodmo and had a pathetic experience.
I recommend sparesncare.com. You can check their website or also contact Vikas on WhatsApp, Vikas will help you with the purchase and shipping is also fast unlike boodmo. Check my review here -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4524898 (Best sites to buy parts online)

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 21:33   #9307
BHPian

Guys, I faced the same stalling issue again today. The outside temperature in Pune was 33 degrees. The car lost power all sudden and stalled. Luckily, no one was behind the car and I was able to park it safely. I attempted to start it again, but the cranks couldn't help. I left it for better 20 minutes and went for a quick bite with the wife. We came back later and car ran fine. To be safe, I didn't switched off AC or any music. Is it bad fuel? bad oil? etc

Thanks in advance. I really want to get rid of this issue.
Old 23rd April 2019, 20:45   #9308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I faced the same stalling issue again today. The outside temperature in Pune was 33 degrees. The car lost power all sudden and stalled. Luckily, no one was behind the car and I was able to park it safely. I attempted to start it again, but the cranks couldn't help. I left it for better 20 minutes and went for a quick bite with the wife. We came back later and car ran fine. To be safe, I didn't switched off AC or any music. Is it bad fuel? bad oil? etc

Thanks in advance. I really want to get rid of this issue.
Starting stalling issues could be attributed to bad ignition coils. Have them checked out. Also does the rpm fluctuate in idle? If so get the throttle body cleaned with an ECU reset.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 23rd April 2019 at 21:06.
Old 23rd April 2019, 21:26   #9309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Starting stalling issues could be attributed to bad ignition coils. Have them checked out. Also does the rpm fluctuate in idle? If so get the throttle body cleaned with an ECU reset.
Hi, thanks for the reply. The RPM doesn't fluctuate during idle. If AC is on 20 degrees, it is 1100 and if it's on 22 degrees it is on 800.

How can ECU reset be done? Only via diagnostic tool? I was planning battery change also coz it's 4 year old now. I dropped my car to a reputed FNG in Pune, Hadapsar. I will keep you posted. As of now, he mentioned it's a sign of bad fuel motor/pump.
Old 24th April 2019, 09:57   #9310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, thanks for the reply. The RPM doesn't fluctuate during idle. If AC is on 20 degrees, it is 1100 and if it's on 22 degrees it is on 800.

How can ECU reset be done? Only via diagnostic tool? I was planning battery change also coz it's 4 year old now. I dropped my car to a reputed FNG in Pune, Hadapsar. I will keep you posted. As of now, he mentioned it's a sign of bad fuel motor/pump.
Yes you will need a diagnostic tool to do an ECU reset or to do an idle relearning. I would get it done from HASS and would cost around 250-350 bucks. Do get the fuel pump checked out. Was the fuel level close to low or you had a healthy amount of fuel in the tank? Usually I would presume if the amount of fuel in the tank is adequate the pump will be neatly submerged in the fuel and probably run cooler. I am just guesstimating I am no expert on these matters. I am saying this since you have the issue only when the car is driven under hot conditions. Also have the coils looked at by your mechanic.
Old 24th April 2019, 17:06   #9311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Yes you will need a diagnostic tool to do an ECU reset or to do an idle relearning. I would get it done from HASS and would cost around 250-350 bucks. Do get the fuel pump checked out. Was the fuel level close to low or you had a healthy amount of fuel in the tank? Usually I would presume if the amount of fuel in the tank is adequate the pump will be neatly submerged in the fuel and probably run cooler. I am just guesstimating I am no expert on these matters. I am saying this since you have the issue only when the car is driven under hot conditions. Also have the coils looked at by your mechanic.
So just spoke to FNG and they mentioned Fuel Pump Motor went very weak and will be replaced. Plus am asking him to do complete clean of radiator, do the battery change, check for electrical groundings, oil change, general servicing. Also, asked him to fix the suspension with some minor changes and replacements. Total burn to pocket is 26K.
pavan_hurkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 12:24   #9312

Thanks, I just did! Will write in a bit more detail on the suspension, tire and other upgrades performed about a week back. I am waiting for detailing job to get over with, so I can post some pictures along.
Old 25th April 2019, 18:43   #9313
Senior - BHPian

Had a minor issue last week when the radiator fan went kaput. Got a replacement from Ghai for Rs 2000.

There's been a persistent sound when the compressor kicks in and remains on. Its like a whirring noise which can only be heard when the compressor kicks in. Also, at low RPMs, the compressor fails to switch on, especially when the car is at a standstill. Any help?

Some good news too. Completed 2,00,000 Kms yesterday. Geared up for more
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2019, 18:49   #9314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Also, at low RPMs, the compressor fails to switch on, especially when the car is at a standstill. Any help?
System low on refrigerant? I remember mine behaving the same. Got a refill done and it has been good since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Some good news too. Completed 2,00,000 Kms yesterday. Geared up for more
Talk about long term reliability and build.

Regards.
Old 25th April 2019, 19:13   #9315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
System low on refrigerant? I remember mine behaving the same. Got a refill done and it has been good since then.

Talk about long term reliability and build.

Regards.
Check your radiator and see if your coolant needs to be replaced as well. Also your cabin AC filter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks