Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2014, 14:53   #5851
BHPian

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Thanks, can you also recommend an independent mech/shop for the work. I just had 60k service done, and had both the engine and transmission mounts replaced at the dealer. So, no desire right now to part with more money at that place. I just wanted to make sure if the disks can be skimmed, instead of replaced as suggested by the dealer. Can you also share the ballpark pricing you get for the pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
From the market. The dealer gets to touch my car only during service

I buy spares from Ghai Motors, Malviya Nagar and Batra Auto spares, ashram. Both are old, reputed.
Old 6th October 2014, 16:03   #5852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Thanks for your detailed feedback and instructions on the brakes.

I had very good experience with TNG, one thing I noticed is that the TNG pads do produce a bit more dust?
Where did you find the WULF Pads in Bangalore?

Secondly, I see that the Brake fluid is very back in your car, Have you changed this ? You will notice a huge improvement once you bleed, the brake lines and use new fluid.
Was away for a drive and saw your post today.

TNG seems to be producing a lot of dust, compared to Nissin and the current Wulf I am using. Wulf now completed a 1K spirited run, holding good, less dust. Wulf I picked up from a shop in JC road. Was looking well built and heavy compared to TNG. Have picked up another set of TNG front and rears as well.

Found out a guy in Goa who sells Brembo pads and rotors. So till I reach Goa, these fellows would suffice

The fluid is still green, may be the angle I clicked shows a blackish feel. Anyways have plans to do a full clean up once the brembos arrive.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 17:33   #5853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi Guys,

Some guy scratched my Civic in a parking lot, result, multiple linear scratches on left rear door and the panel behind.

I want to repaint both the parts, any clue what should be a reasonable job for a quality paint job for the two parts??

Any recommended painters in Ghatkopar, Vikhroli Areas?
Hi rpm, I can empathize with you on the scratches, it can be really frustrating!

I can suggest a trusted car mechanic in Andheri West (Oshiwara) region if it can be of any help! I drive a 2009 Civic and have got some body work done from this guy, value for money! Do let me know.

Cheers
Rohan
Old 6th October 2014, 21:46   #5854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
...you are not on high NCB and exclusion.
Could you please explain how this works?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The total premium I paid this year for an IDV of 7.5L is 9.7K
Which insurance policy have you taken?

Last edited by Eddy : 7th October 2014 at 00:23. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.
Old 7th October 2014, 09:22   #5855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
Could you please explain how this works?
No claims can go up to 50% (higher if it a very old policy), on the own damage part. Then exclusions of up to Rs.7500 can reduce the own damage premium by Rs.750. Now if you make a claim then NCB drops to zilch, and an exclusion may not make sense. All offer it but keep very quiet. When you sell your can you can transfer the NCB to the net car. You get a certificate, which is valid for three years from the insurer.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 11:32   #5856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiviv View Post
Thanks, can you also recommend an independent mech/shop for the work. I just had 60k service done, and had both the engine and transmission mounts replaced at the dealer. So, no desire right now to part with more money at that place. I just wanted to make sure if the disks can be skimmed, instead of replaced as suggested by the dealer. Can you also share the ballpark pricing you get for the pads.
There are a lot of competent auto repair shops next to both Batra Auto spares and Ghai Motors. You can ask the proprietors to recommend a couple. I got my pads, clutch etc changed from one of those recommended places. it's like a mini industry that has spawned next to the spare shops

Front brake pads can cost anywhere between Rs 1200-1800 depending on the brand. same goes for the rear pads.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 12:46   #5857
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
============
Any recommended painters in Ghatkopar, Vikhroli Areas?
Check my posts earlier about the same. There are some decent guys at Kalina and Milan Subway. You could also try some local garages opp Shoppers stop Amar Mahal.
spoth001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 13:27   #5858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Check my posts earlier about the same. There are some decent guys at Kalina and Milan Subway. You could also try some local garages opp Shoppers stop Amar Mahal.
Have seen the shops at Amar Mahal, but dont wanna TRY, as this will set me back by 10K I expect. I dont mind spending extra but getting OEM Quality finish is priority.
Old 9th October 2014, 23:51   #5859
BHPian

Got the air cabin filter (pollen filter). I was quoted 1800/- by HASS for a OE filter. Got hold of company in Delhi called zip filters and ordered a carbon activated filter for civic. It's half the price quoted by HASS.

The only issue I see is that the filter itself is smaller than the tray but according to the dealer the filter covers the small circular holes perforation in the tray, so that's enough.

Attaching some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20141009_140010.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20141009_140227.jpg  

Last edited by sixthsense : 9th October 2014 at 23:53.
Old 10th October 2014, 10:12   #5860
Senior - BHPian

@sixthsense; I will say pack round the filter with some foam or thermocole. This will stop the filter from moving round. Also, afaik Honda does not list the filter for the Civic so how is the HASS offering it. The Accord filter is a direct drop in but is about Rs.4k.

Last edited by sgiitk : 10th October 2014 at 10:14.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 14:30   #5861
BHPian

If you see carefully the plastic tray has vertical teeth which holds the filter in place, but still a good idea to pack it with a thermocole or sponge.

In bangalore, i called up Whitefield honda and they quoted me this price and also told me that i can pick it up anytime i want to. But its a normal paper white color filter and not carbon activated.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:54   #5862
BHPian

What is the cost of replacement of Transmission Mounting? What are the sign of it's failure and how long does it lasts? I was wondering if a weak hydraulic mount also results in frequent change of transmission mounting?
Old 11th October 2014, 19:05   #5863
BHPian

Quote:
Have seen the shops at Amar Mahal, but dont wanna TRY, as this will set me back by 10K I expect. I dont mind spending extra but getting OEM Quality finish is priority.
I am considering the option of Insurance Claim. I want to replace my front and back bumpers so will let you the expenses. I have finalized Arya Honda Kalina for this job.
spoth001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 07:36   #5864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
What is the cost of replacement of Transmission Mounting? What are the sign of it's failure and how long does it lasts? I was wondering if a weak hydraulic mount also results in frequent change of transmission mounting?
I read somewhere that a weak engine mount may cause undue stress on the transmission mount which could leads to it failure but i am not sure myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
So after reading rave reviews of WagenWerkz in Mumbai coupled with my more than bad experience with 2 HASS (Solitaire & Linkway) on availability of spares, I have decided to give my car over to Jatin for a list of niggles that have been pending since I bought my used Civic S AT (2006 model).
Did you get the car back ? Dying to know the results.

Guys my engine cover courtesy the CNG fitters is broken , wanted to know how much a new one would cost.

Thanks

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 12th October 2014 at 08:02.
Old 12th October 2014, 10:53   #5865
BHPian

Did some kalakari and ended up with this :
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20141012_095524.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_20141012_100002.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks