Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2017, 19:29   #8821
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
It was the turn of engine bay when BHPian Leoshashi dropped in the morning with his detailing stuff and woke me up! The kind of passion he has for all cars, not just his, is commendable. I was his assistant for the day and he himself cleaned the entire engine bay of my Civic. !
Great job @Leoshashi. @Saket77, if you & Shashi ever plan to come to Pune please do give me a shout.
R2D2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 23:05   #8822
BHPian

Hey R2D2..!

This is off topic but I have a 2008 City VTEC 10th anniv edition. Not done too many kms. ( 46k) but the clutch pedal ( probably the slave) is getting squeaky while operating the pedal and gear shifting is slightly harder than usual. Since you're from Pune, could you recommend a good mech or a service station who can fix this issue?
Changing the master and slave using genuine Honda parts is what seems the best solution but any other suggestions are welcome!
Thanks guys and again sorry for this off-topic!

May the force be with you..:-P
Old 21st November 2017, 09:55   #8823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
This is off topic but I have a 2008 City VTEC 10th anniv edition. Not done too many kms. ( 46k) but the clutch pedal ( probably the slave) is getting squeaky while operating the pedal and gear shifting is slightly harder than usual. Since you're from Pune, could you recommend a good mech or a service station who can fix this issue? Changing the master and slave using genuine Honda parts is what seems the best solution but any other suggestions are welcome! Thanks guys and again sorry for this off-topic!
Not sure which part of Pune you live in but if you are in Western or North Western Pune i.e. Deccan, Kothrud, Aundh, Balewadi there are some FNGs who could do this job for you. In Eastern Pune there's a Parsi gentleman, Jammy, who maintains my friend's City VTEC. He's very experienced having run his auto garage for decades. But I don't have his contact #. Other FNG is near Kondhwa/Wanowrie area named Car-o-care.

Quote:
May the force be with you.
Thank you! May the force be with you too.
Old 21st November 2017, 11:33   #8824
BHPian

I stay in Karvenagar near Kothrud. Could you be kind enough to get this Parsi gentleman's contact number if possible?
I have been going to the ASS at Bavdhan ( Crystal Honda) on the Highway and they are good but couldn't do a full brake fluid bleed and replace in my City. So I wanted to try someone with better overall experience

Thanks Again..!
Old 22nd November 2017, 17:02   #8825
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys,

Mine is the pre-facelift model and dates back to 2007 with stock HU. Wanted to know if these 2 products are compatible with old HU?

This one is AUX cable sold on amazon:
https://www.amazon.in/Segolike-Audio...ivic+aux+cable

And this one is the AUX cable with USB interface:
https://www.amazon.in/MagiDeal-Radio...ivic+aux+cable

Thanks!
Old 22nd November 2017, 18:19   #8826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
I stay in Karvenagar near Kothrud. Could you be kind enough to get this Parsi gentleman's contact number if possible?
Sure, I'll ask my friend (out of town on a business trip) and revert to you by PM. He too has the '08 10th Anniversary car.

Quote:
I have been going to the ASS at Bavdhan ( Crystal Honda) on the Highway and they are good but couldn't do a full brake fluid bleed and replace in my City. So I wanted to try someone with better overall experience
If the ASC does not know how to do a brake fluid replacement they are incompetent and should be reported to Honda. Seriously!!
Old 22nd November 2017, 19:15   #8827
BHPian

Hi BHPian’s

My Civic’s rear brake pads and discs are due for a change. The authorized service centre is quoting the following figures,

1) Set of rear discs (both wheels) - 6,000
2) Set of rear brake pads (both wheels) - 7,000

However, I felt the prices to be on the higher side. It would be of great help if anyone could confirm the above prices.

Thanks,
Old 22nd November 2017, 20:31   #8828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
My Civic’s rear brake pads and discs are due for a change. The authorized service centre is quoting the following figures,

I have only once replaced my rear brake-pads, at 66,000 kms in 2010-July. (my rear disc's has never been replaced so far).

The cost was Rs.4,314 for parts and Rs.497 for labor, total Rs.4,811 (but that was 7+ years ago).

I have changed my front pads along with the disc twice so far.
Car is presently 10.5 years old at 1,63,000 kms.
Old 23rd November 2017, 00:29   #8829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Mine is the pre-facelift model and dates back to 2007 with stock HU. Wanted to know if these 2 products are compatible with old HU?

This one is AUX cable sold on amazon:
https://www.amazon.in/Segolike-Audio...ivic+aux+cable

And this one is the AUX cable with USB interface:

Thanks!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3740344

See if the above pics help. I have the head unit at home can post more pics if needed so you can match the kind of input plug needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Hi BHPian’s

However, I felt the prices to be on the higher side. It would be of great help if anyone could confirm the above prices.

Thanks,
Dont bother changing the rear discs. Just ask for them to be skimmed. After market Brembo pads are available for max 3k a set. Search for same on online portals.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 07:32   #8830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post

The cost was Rs.4,314 for parts and Rs.497 for labor, total Rs.4,811 (but that was 7+ years ago).

I have changed my front pads along with the disc twice so far.
Car is presently 10.5 years old at 1,63,000 kms.
Thank you for the info. That is a significant increase in price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Dont bother changing the rear discs. Just ask for them to be skimmed. After market Brembo pads are available for max 3k a set. Search for same on online portals.
The car has done over 2.7 lakh kilometres and the discs are worn out.
Thanks a lot, will check for the brembo pads.
Old 23rd November 2017, 13:36   #8831
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!
Hi Saket,

I too had pre-face lift 2007 VMT and had got this module to stream music via USB and SD card, only issues were that it could read music from 10 folders only and then there was occasional hanging problems.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kunal
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-digital-music-changer.jpg  

Last edited by kunal_kaushal : 23rd November 2017 at 13:43. Reason: fixed typos
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:15   #8832
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunal_kaushal View Post
Hi Saket,

I too had pre-face lift 2007 VMT and had got this module to stream music via USB and SD card, only issues were that it could read music from 10 folders only and then there was occasional hanging problems.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Kunal
Hi Kunal!

Fulfils the purpose. Where did you get this from and for how much? Cannot find this with online sellers.

BTW, looks like this works too:

Thanks!
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:43   #8833
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kunal!

Fulfils the purpose. Where did you get this from and for how much? Cannot find this with online sellers.

BTW, looks like this works too:

Thanks!
Hi Saket,

I got this long way back from Aliexpress for around 7k inclusive of shipping. Yep, the one your good self have found works exactly the same just it doesn't have an option of SD card (which I am sure not many use now a days ).

Regards
Kunal
kunal_kaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:12   #8834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When should one change the flywheel? At how many kms? My Civic's flywheel was skimmed at the last clutch change and even though ODO is at 100k kms I believe the car has actually clicked around 132k km in reality since the ODO was tampered at time of delivery. There is intense juddering while reversing or while driving at slow parking speeds. Since the car is a keeper I am considering OE clutch and flywheel in the near future (few months down the line) but I am not sure if the flywheel should be changed or skimmed. As per one of my previous Hass advisors the flywheel should be skimmed once or twice only.

To all who have changed their Civic's clutch, what was the symptom of bad clutch ? My car's clutch feels ok and there is no issue with changing gears. The only issue I really have is intense juddering in first and reverse gear. The entire front frame vibrates while driving in slow speed in reverse and first while taking off in either direction.
Old 23rd November 2017, 18:45   #8835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To all who have changed their Civic's clutch, what was the symptom of bad clutch ? My car's clutch feels ok and there is no issue with changing gears. The only issue I really have is intense juddering in first and reverse gear. The entire front frame vibrates while driving in slow speed in reverse and first while taking off in either direction.
Hi Sumeet,

This could well be the clutch flywheel (if there are no other symptoms of a worn clutch like loss of power, apparent slipping, etc) which may have gotten out of shape. It may be happening that the clutch be losing grip intermittently resulting in a judder.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks