Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2019, 12:57   #9376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Realized in yesterday's short rain in Bangalore that my wiper blades are streaking and there is considerable noise also. Think its time to replace the wiper blades. My question is whether I need to replace the wiper set or only the rubbers.

Can anyone help me with the size of wiper blades and also any recommended brands for Civic.

KK
It is enough if you can replace the rubbers alone. MITSUBA is the OE wiper blade provided for the Civic. I have found it difficult to source them in the market. The last time(about 5-6 years ago) I replaced the wiper blades at HASS and they charged me 1.6k for the blades including labour. My wiper blades need a change as well and I was thinking of going in for BOSCH this time. Yet to source them though.
Old 15th July 2019, 13:09   #9377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
It is enough if you can replace the rubbers alone. MITSUBA is the OE wiper blade provided for the Civic. I have found it difficult to source them in the market. The last time(about 5-6 years ago) I replaced the wiper blades at HASS and they charged me 1.6k for the blades including labour. My wiper blades need a change as well and I was thinking of going in for BOSCH this time. Yet to source them though.
Ok. Boodmo is carrying some Bosch wipers for Civic, not sure which is the right one. Do you know the size of the stock wiper blades.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/3628-wipe...5Bbrand%5D=362

KK
Old 15th July 2019, 13:18   #9378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Boodmo is carrying some Bosch wipers for Civic, not sure which is the right one. Do you know the size of the stock wiper blades.
Driver side is 26" for sure. I am in two minds about the other. Pax is either 24" or 22". More likely to be 24".

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 15th July 2019 at 13:21.
Old 15th July 2019, 14:41   #9379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://boodmo.com/catalog/3628-wipe...5Bbrand%5D=362

KK
The details I picked up from the blades on the car are as follows:

RHS(driver side): 650mm >NR+CR< MOB2 S2 105
LHS(passenger side): 575mm >NR+CR< MOB2 S2 105

Hope this helps. Also let me know how your purchase goes. I might follow suit. Thanks.
rr_zen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 23:17   #9380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure OE clutch part is from Exedy, as Boodmo is selling Exedy also (https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-clutch_set-42795324/) and separate parts marked as OE Honda also. OE parts links I had given in my last post, quoted below.

KK
Yes, OE clutch is Exedy itself. The aftermarket set includes the clutch plate and pressure plate. Around 4.5k. I got the first aftermarket Exedy installed at 90,000 kms and now the second aftermarket Exedy set at 2,00,000 kms. It's pretty reliable.
Old 24th July 2019, 11:31   #9381
Senior - BHPian

Facing a strange issue for the past few days. When the car is locked, after some time, the alarm starts sounding. Then I have to unlock the car for it to be silenced.

The immobilizer light is blinking as usual and doors lock normally. It's only after some time that the car starts sounding the alarm.

I had got the car dry cleaned and washed from the inside so I suspected some water ingress. I kept the car unlocked for 48 hours hoping that the water will dry and things will be back to normal but keeping the car unlocked kept the runnning board lights on and drained the battery.

The car starts beeping after a while, post locking. Do I need to get the central locking checked? What could be the issue?
Old 24th July 2019, 11:53   #9382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The car starts beeping after a while, post locking. Do I need to get the central locking checked? What could be the issue?

Points I can think of:

1. There is a cut in the door switch wire which is shorting with body panels somewhere. This is resulting in the car thinking that the door has been opened and hence the alarm.

2. Water ingress or loose contact in the MICU near the driver's footwell resulting in the malfunction.

3. Your last point that even while keeping the car unlocked, the meter console light comes on (I believe you are talking about the background blue lights on the RPM & speedo gauges which come on when one opens the door?). Points to the first suspect in my list. The car is somehow thinking that the doors or the hood is/are open. So you need to check the hood & all door switches and related wiring. Also try air-dry or blow some air around the MICU to get rid of any water, if present. You may also try to reset the computer by disconnecting the line from battery for a while.

I don't want to go there, but a failed MICU or GCM can also be the reason. I hope not.

Hope this will help.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 24th July 2019 at 11:55.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 16:27   #9383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Once water had seeped into the driver side center locking unit and the doors while driving would automatically lock/unlock. The problem went away on it's own after the unit dried up. I then in the monsoon season started covering the center locking switches with a plastic stuck to the door side. It looked tacky but protected the switches from water.
Old 1st August 2019, 20:31   #9384
BHPian

Dear fellow BHPians,

I need you advice on changing the Fuel filter and adjustment of Valve Clearance of 2011 manufactured Civic.

Mine is a V MT trim with 42K Kms on the odo. I recently got the main 40K service done in which all the fluids were replaced. Meanwhile, I also asked the SA to get the coolant replaced (though it was NOT required as per the service manual). I got it done since summers are sweltering hot in Delhi and coolant being such a critical engine component, I didn't wanted to take any chances.

So, two items are left as per the service schedule mentioned in owner's manual viz.

1. Value Clearance Check : This is NOT required as per the SA as it basically requires the Valve cover to be opened (which is a bit confusing situation for me as the engine is untouched till now).

2. Fuel filter and Stainer change : As per the numerous videos on YouTube, this requires complete dissembly of Rear seats and is itself a lengthy task. The part is also quite costly as per HASS.

I would like to ask fellow members that
when did they got this part changed and can I extend the replacement of this part till next service?

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st August 2019, 20:38   #9385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishrathi88 View Post
Dear fellow BHPians,

1. Value Clearance Check : This is NOT required as per the SA as it basically requires the Valve cover to be opened (which is a bit confusing situation for me as the engine is untouched till now).

2. Fuel filter and Stainer change : As per the numerous videos on YouTube, this requires complete dissembly of Rear seats and is itself a lengthy task. The part is also quite costly as per HASS.

In my Civic in 11 years and 160K, point 1 was never done.
Point 2, I did a replacement at 40K, then all the way till 160K never.
Old 8th August 2019, 15:05   #9386
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I need some help here.

Battery went full dead as I left my lights on.

Since recharging the battery and reconnecting it to the car, the speedometer doesn't work. Earlier it use to flicker and it was due to moisture for sure as it happened only in monsoon(last year for few times only).

The red LED stays on. After running gauge diagnostics, it says "ERROR 3" and googling that I found the below information:

Quote:
Error 3 = UART communication

4-door: If word Error 3 is indicated, there is a malfunction in the UART communication line between the gauge control module (tach) and the gauge control module (speedo). Go to the gauge control module (tach) input test and check terminal No. 20. If the wire harness is OK, substitute a known-good gauge control module (speedo) and recheck.
Please find the picture attached for reference.

I m yet to check fuse 10 (under dash) and fuse 23 (under hood) as i was called off.

I m failing to understand what does check terminal No. 20 means exactly. Can someone shed some light on that as I m unable to find information on what terminal 20 is?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-videocapture_20190808145723.jpg  

swapitude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 15:36   #9387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapitude View Post
I m failing to understand what does check terminal No. 20 means exactly. Can someone shed some light on that as I m unable to find information on what terminal 20 is?
That says to check the continuity of a specific wire- which is terminal 20 in the wiring harness of the GCM. I have forgotten how to count the 20th terminal but If you have the service manual, it will be mentioned there. Or, you may check the continuity of all wires in the particular harness. With the right tools, that is not a tough job.

If the problem doesn't go away, suggest you trying a reset again by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Regards
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 8th August 2019 at 15:37.
Old 8th August 2019, 15:42   #9388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
That says to check the continuity of a specific wire- which is terminal 20 in the wiring harness of the GCM. I have forgotten how to count the 20th terminal but If you have the service manual, it will be mentioned there. Or, you may check the continuity of all wires in the particular harness. With the right tools, that is not a tough job.

If the problem doesn't go away, suggest you trying a reset again by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Regards
Saket
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I wasn't aware that terminal could be the pin number.

I found the service manual and will be checking with that.

By any chance can anyone confirm what is the cost of the new speedometer if I should expect the worst?
Old 8th August 2019, 15:50   #9389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapitude View Post
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I wasn't aware that terminal could be the pin number.

I found the service manual and will be checking with that.

By any chance can anyone confirm what is the cost of the new speedometer if I should expect the worst?
Costs around 10K. But first open, clean the terminal pins and replug them at both speedo & RPM gauge control unit ends. Check continuity of all wires in the harness by unplugging it from both ends with a multi tester. Hope that works. Make sure that the battery is in good health. These cars are very sensitive to incorrect power supplied by a bad/ weak battery.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 8th August 2019 at 15:55.
Old 8th August 2019, 15:58   #9390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Costs around 10K. But first open, clean the terminal pins and replug them at both speedo & RPM gauge control unit ends. Hope that works. Make sure that the battery is in good health. These cars are very sensitive to incorrect power supplied by a bad/ weak battery.

Regards,
Saket
Thank you again for the tips. I will check with it on Saturday as I have a little errand to run for today and tomorrow. For now I have disconnected both the terminals from the battery and yes it is in good health after recharging. I will get back here with my findings as soon as possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks