Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2020, 12:27   #9691
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
I am having an issue with the fuel door not opening when I press the lever below (& to the right of) the driver's seat. The lever isn't "springy" and sort of gets stuck as well. However, the trunk opens when I pull the same lever, although it still isn't springy and doesn't get back to the middle position on its own.

After a bit of looking this up online, I did manage to locate the wire that causes the trunk to open and push it the other way around but the fuel door still doesn't open. Maybe I am doing this wrong.

Any leads are much appreciated. Would prefer a DIY fix, even if it is jugaad and gets it working, since I want to avoid visiting a workshop. Also, a long trip coming up soon and this issue is putting it in jeopardy. Thanks.
I had same issue. The fuel lid used to get struck.

I did some research and found the solution. The cable that opens the fued lid and boot was partially broken.

I bought this part online and got it changed.

Now my car is ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-fireshot-capture-061-skdkingyahoo.com-yahoo-mail-mail.yahoo.com.png  

Last edited by skdking : 6th December 2020 at 12:47.
skdking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 13:49   #9692
Distinguished - BHPian

Civic's rear left brake caliper had developed a small leak. It wouldn't leak always but once in a couple of months it would spew out about 20-25ml of fluid and I could see the brake fluid on the rim and even on the ground. I was facing this issue since almost an year so had to check and top up the fluid often. Had a long drive coming up hence took the plunge and replaced the brake caliper seal. During last service at Honda, I asked them about the same. They checked and told me that there isn't any leak (don't blame them since the leak wasn't always there). So, ordered a 'rear disc brake rubber seal set' for Civic from Boodmo and replaced it myself. The rear brake piston is a screw-in piston in the civic and that was the only tricky part to get in back the assembly. Rest of the stuff wasn't too tough but obviously when you are working on the brakes, you need to know what you are doing.

Pictures of the failed seal that was replaced:
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-whatsapp-image-20201208-13.32.43-3.jpeg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-whatsapp-image-20201208-13.32.43-1.jpeg

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-whatsapp-image-20201208-13.32.43.jpeg

The civic has done around 900kms including a highway run of 700 kms after the seal change and everything seems to be good.

Thanks.
saket77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 18:20   #9693
Distinguished - BHPian

Misjudged a curb in a parking lot and got hit on the running board :( Unfortunately requires some denting.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-b1588bb8f3a44b4abc4ff4cfd2fff904.jpeg  

Old 17th December 2020, 20:03   #9694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Misjudged a curb in a parking lot and got hit on the running board :( Unfortunately requires some denting.
Got it repaired at an FNG yesterday. Ideally would have taken one day but since it almost started raining later in the day (and became cold), the paint job was completed next day. Paint match is good. Unfortunately, the dent wasn’t taken out completely, so they did use some fillers and putty as Cutting/ drilling holes on the running board was something I wanted to avoid.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-4688b4858f354b6ba0933efda540f996.jpeg

Last edited by saket77 : 17th December 2020 at 20:07.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 01:43   #9695
BHPian

Quote:
Got it repaired at an FNG yesterday.

Attachment 2094216
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a relatively fine job. Was wondering what the damages would be for fixing a gash like that at an FNG?
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:48   #9696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunaqv471 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Looks like a relatively fine job. Was wondering what the damages would be for fixing a gash like that at an FNG?
Yes, the paint quality and match is good. So is the finish. Though, some good amount of filler was used but that was done to avoid making holes or cutting metal sheet. They asked for 3K, I negotiated to 2.5K. There was a small dent in the front side of the running board too, which was addressed as well. Obviously, the entire running board was painted.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 21:04   #9697
BHPian

Hi All,

Did a long-trip (~700km) today, basically driving all the time from dawn to dusk.

The a/c was worked great for the most part. In the last one hour, however, the a/c seemed to be malfunctioning. Basically, even though it sounded like the fan was running on full speed, only ~20% of the air was blowing, even though it was cold air. Seems like an issue with the fan, although I'm not sure.

Any leads on what it might be would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 27th December 2020, 21:57   #9698
BHPian

Hi,

I have SAT 1.8 2007 model. Running very well.
I am facing an issues with the left side ORVM. It is continuously making a whirring noise and auto folding mechanism is not working. Did some digging on this forum and came across few posts facing the same issue wherein a gear was found to be broken. As usual HASS wants to change the entire mirror assembly.
I am trying to find the spare part (broken gear) in Hyderabad. Tried in James street near KIMS hospital. There are quite a few spare shops in that area but to no avail.
Can anyone tell me any known dealer who stocks Civic parts in Hyderabad? Alternatively, any online seller would also do. Hopefully any good repair shop should be able to fit it once I am able to source the part.

Last edited by Highflyer : 27th December 2020 at 22:20.
Old 29th December 2020, 20:34   #9699
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Did a long-trip (~700km) today, basically driving all the time from dawn to dusk.

The a/c was worked great for the most part. In the last one hour, however, the a/c seemed to be malfunctioning. Basically, even though it sounded like the fan was running on full speed, only ~20% of the air was blowing, even though it was cold air. Seems like an issue with the fan, although I'm not sure.

Any leads on what it might be would be much appreciated. Thanks.

This sounds like an issue with the blower motor or fan or a blown fuse or relay of the same. Better to get the electricals pertaining to the same checked by an FNG before any further diagnosis.
raunaqv471 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 22:05   #9700
BHPian

Quote:
Basically, even though it sounded like the fan was running on full speed, only ~20% of the air was blowing, even though it was cold air.
Sounds like you need a new blower motor resistor -

If it’s not that, it may be the blend door actuator.

Either way, diagnose the problem correctly first, before throwing any parts at it.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
Alternatively, any online seller would also do.
Will this part fit? https://www.amazon.com/EGE628-Mirror.../dp/B0875MTZFV

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2020 at 04:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 22:59   #9701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
Hi,

I have SAT 1.8 2007 model. Running very well.
I am facing an issues with the left side ORVM. It is continuously making a whirring noise and auto folding mechanism is not working. Did some digging on this forum and came across few posts facing the same issue wherein a gear was found to be broken. As usual HASS wants to change the entire mirror assembly.
I faced a similar issue. Fixed it DIY. Check this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ew-mirror.html (DIY: Fixing a broken automatic outside rear view mirror)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Yes, this part should fit. It used to sell much cheaper on aliexpress.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:50   #9702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Happy to hear things are moving along properly for you NevGin. Sunil has always been a straightforward nice guy in this world of increasing fake people.

Perhaps you could think about selling the car due to the holes in the firewall etc as it will keep deteriorating and rains will be a nightmare.

Cheers
One more update from me after a few weeks of driving post my visit to Sunil. In the past 13 years, the car had done about 45,000 km but in the last 2 months, I have now driven 2,000 km. Longer and more spirited drives are letting getting parts are electrical systems at operating temperatures which has helped settle down the niggles of under use. For example, the car used to lock and unlock on its own causing the battery to drain. But somehow that has sorted itself out for now. I also was too scared to do a fuel efficiency test but when I did a few days back, it returned a respectable 9.4 km/l in what was 60% city and 40% highway driving conditions.

As for the holes, yes you are right. In the rains I have a waterproof cover on it and it barely drives in those months save a dry day. Despite that the floor board and carpets are soaking wet which I manage with multiple microfibre towels. I plan to keep it till I decide on what to get. Any suggestions are welcome
Old 2nd January 2021, 23:01   #9703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
I plan to keep it till I decide on what to get. Any suggestions are welcome
I would suggest you start a new thread with your needs, expectations, budget and car type you are leaning towards. I am sure our team would be happy to pour suggestions on that thread as this is the wrong place for that discussion.

Cheers
Old 3rd January 2021, 07:52   #9704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
The brake light on my car suddenly came on and would not go off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
This had happened to my car was well.
Quote:
just placed a bolt as replacement as HASS didn’t have that part in stock.

Confirm before changing the switch.

Regards.
Hi,
Looks like my Civic was waiting in the same line as yours the brake lights is full time on now.

Wanted to check one thing related to this. When this happened, was the cruise control also not working? I tried to engage the cruise, and it was not setting. Then suspecting this issue, switched off the car to check the brake lights, and they are ON.

Any quick fix suggestions to avoid the battery drain while waiting to take to the service center?
sarathlal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:46   #9705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Hi,
Looks like my Civic was waiting in the same line as yours the brake lights is full time on now.

Wanted to check one thing related to this. When this happened, was the cruise control also not working? I tried to engage the cruise, and it was not setting. Then suspecting this issue, switched off the car to check the brake lights, and they are ON.

Any quick fix suggestions to avoid the battery drain while waiting to take to the service center?
Cruise control will not engage if brake lights are on as it is supposed to disengage whenever brakes are applied in real world. So, obviously cruise control wouldn’t engage.

As I have shared earlier, I have placed a bolt and it is as good as a permanent solution but please exercise caution while doing it. RRZEN made a small error in the execution regarding pedal free play and unfortunately it was an expensive fix later. If you want this to fixed by the ASC, just disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for now to ensure that the battery doesn’t drain.

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 3rd January 2021 at 10:47.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks