Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2021, 08:00   #9811
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Have few questions for you,
1. Ultimately, what was the source of leak that had to be fixed?
2. Have any idea on what they did with the pump?
3. How much KMs on the odometer of your car?

The below scene is what am reminded of every time whenever I hand over my car either to the ASC or a FNG.
Attachment 2217874
Unless if am not observing what they're doing, I'll always have an eerie feeling on what mishaps the blokes would have done. And, to my sorry state, I'll witness my fears coming true. Last service, in my absence, the clowns at the ASC sent my car to a road side mechanic for AC gas recharge without seeking my approval, broke the car's stereo...
1. Source of leakage was from the O ring seal. He also said that there was some problem inside too.😡 What problem can be there remains highly questionable since it was running fine with fluid topped up.
2. Replaced the seal and few parts inside. Parts inside is questionable. But the answer was “ Sir, hum to repair wale ke paas bheja humko wo yehi bola”.
3. Just 70K.It’s 2007 model. I am the second owner since 2012. It had 22K on the odo when I bought this beauty.

You have aptly captured the emotion of leaving the car behind with these butchers.
Old 12th October 2021, 09:36   #9812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
3. Just 70K. It’s 2007 model. I am the second owner since 2012. It had 22K on the odo when I bought this beauty.
You must have driven the car sensibly to cross 70k KMs since this is the first time the error has cropped.

Quote:
1. Source of leakage was from the O ring seal. He also said that there was some problem inside too.�� What problem can be there remains highly questionable since it was running fine with fluid topped up.
You have witnessed the solution beforehand but unfortunately have succumbed to the ploy made up by the cheaters.

Quote:
2. Replaced the seal and few parts inside. Parts inside is questionable.
Now, the trail is gone cold. We never know what is really inside the pump! The parts that needed replacement are below,

A. O-Rings
1. O - RING, 13.0X1.9 Honda 91345PAAA01 or RUBBER RING Honda 91345RDAA01
The latter is the revised part but it's unavailable in India while the former can be sourced via Boodmo within weeks.
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-o_ri...0x1_9-6710394/
2. O - RING, 14.4X1.9 Honda 91370SV4000 -
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-o_ri...4x1_9-6705133/
B. Power steering fluid reservoir (Optional)

TANK COMP, POWER STEERING OIL Honda 53701SNAA01 - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-tank...g_oil-6705144/

C. Power steering fluid

PSF - 0823599961DA - Rs. 430/- for 1L at the ASC. I guess, you would require 3L to flush the entire system and refill.

Last edited by eccentric : 12th October 2021 at 09:38.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 16:33   #9813
BHPian

Thanks @eccentric.

Was very busy with work and had no time to sit while these repairs were done.

Need to find a reliable garage who wouldn’t take me for ride this high.
Thanks again.
Highflyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 17:11   #9814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Please check level first and let us know.
Hi Saket77, checked the brake reservoir, fluid is just below the maximum mark, I opened the cap to double check. Strangely braking performance seems to be perfect when I took her out for a spin after checking the level, in fact it could be better than before or it’s in my head No fluid leakage signs under the car or inside any of the alloys either.

What could be the issue? Some kind of air lock? Anything else I need to or should check? Please advice again.

Thank you.

Cheers
Old 12th October 2021, 17:16   #9815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi Saket77, checked the brake reservoir, fluid is just below the maximum mark, I opened the cap to double check. Strangely braking performance seems to be perfect when I took her out for a spin after checking the level, in fact it could be better than before or it’s in my head No fluid leakage signs under the car or inside any of the alloys either.

What could be the issue? Some kind of air lock? Anything else I need to or should check? Please advice again.

Thank you.

Cheers
Is there any fluid spillage sign on any of the wheel? If not, please get it checked at Honda or at a good fng. I am suspecting a leaked piston seal or a master cylinder on its last legs. A thorough physical examination is necessary to get to the root of this critical issue.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 17:25   #9816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any fluid spillage sign on any of the wheel? If not, please get it checked at Honda or at a good fng. I am suspecting a leaked piston seal or a master cylinder on its last legs. A thorough physical examination is necessary to get to the root of this critical issue.
No fluid leakage sign on any wheel or on the floor in my parking space. On the safe side, not driving her till I get it checked properly, don’t want any nasty surprise. Will update once I get to the root cause.

Thank you.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 12th October 2021 at 17:27.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 23:58   #9817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A thorough physical examination is necessary to get to the root of this critical issue.
Got my Civic back today, serviced and all shiny with a 3M polish. Things taken care of:

1) Brake issue - master cylinder was all right. Seems brake pads were worn out and oil was too old. Brake disc’s were skimmed, all pads replaced and brake fluid flushed and changed.
2) Engine oil, oil filter, air filter, transmission oil and power steering fluid replaced.
3) Front and rear bumpers painted.

Thank you Saket77 for your guidance.

Cheers
Old 21st October 2021, 17:49   #9818
vcx
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

I am writing to help me understand and resolve some of the issues on my 2021 Civic SMT. I tried keeping my civic to the best way possible and completely in stock except the mugen gear shift knob, new android audio system. Some issues that I started noticing/experiencing off late:

1. Flickering speedo display, gets to settle after driving sometimes , but keep happening
I don't see any issue with battery, but shall still have this checked. how to resolve/check

2. Suggest for change of shocks/suspension, off later feel they are hard and need replacement, my civic has done 55k since 2012. what's the view of coil rubber/spacers?

3. some wear and tear issues
-see the windshield frame rubber/fiber parts, window running strips, roof running fiber strips need to replaced- how easy or hard is this fix
-suggestions for upgrade/replacement for brake disc?
-suggestions for power window panel re coloring/handbrake lever recoloring?

4. any recommended garages apart from dealer, if so suggested oils ( engine, brake, PS)

look fwd to expert views.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_4555.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-4c558c55b5434db9999f80c56fa94ee9.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_6786.jpg  

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-img_6784.jpg  

Last edited by vcx : 21st October 2021 at 17:51.
Old 21st October 2021, 22:24   #9819
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Hello Bhpians,

I am writing to help me understand and resolve some of the issues on my 2021 Civic SMT. I tried keeping my civic to the best way possible and completely in stock except the mugen gear shift knob, new android audio system. Some issues that I started noticing/experiencing off late:

1. Flickering speedo display, gets to settle after driving sometimes , but keep happening
I don't see any issue with battery, but shall still have this checked. how to resolve/check

2. Suggest for change of shocks/suspension, off later feel they are hard and need replacement, my civic has done 55k since 2012. what's the view of coil rubber/spacers?

3. some wear and tear issues
-see the windshield frame rubber/fiber parts, window running strips, roof running fiber strips need to replaced- how easy or hard is this fix
-suggestions for upgrade/replacement for brake disc?
-suggestions for power window panel re coloring/handbrake lever recoloring?

4. any recommended garages apart from dealer, if so suggested oils ( engine, brake, PS)

look fwd to expert views.

Typo it’s 2012 year of the last Civic 8th gen sold
Old 21st October 2021, 22:47   #9820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
any recommended garages apart from dealer, if so suggested oils ( engine, brake, PS)
VCX, I just did quite a bit of work on my 2010 Civic, see the post above yours, total spend was 32 thousand. Find a good garage outside Honda service, they charge crazy but don’t do a good job. All parts were Honda original, engine oil was Mobil 1.

Cheers
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:48   #9821
BHPian

Quote:
upgrade/replacement for brake disc?
I had my front brake-discs along with brake-pads replaced twice during the 14 years and 1,75,000 kms I owned the Civic.

The rear pads (w/o the discs) were replaced once.

There are methods like brake disk skimming to prolong the life of the discs since replacing is expensive, but I would never compromise on brakes.
manim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 13:15   #9822
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
VCX, I just did quite a bit of work on my 2010 Civic, see the post above yours, total spend was 32 thousand. Find a good garage outside Honda service, they charge crazy but don’t do a good job. All parts were Honda original, engine oil was Mobil 1.
?
Cheers
are the parts sourced from boomdo? if so are they good or any other suggestions, what abt suspension change
Old 22nd October 2021, 13:41   #9823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
are the parts sourced from boomdo? if so are they good or any other suggestions, what abt suspension change
My mechanic bought everything locally (not online), no idea from where. He is known by a friend for a very long time so I didn’t need to bother with anything. He picked the car up and dropped it back to my place.

I believe a lot of Team BHPians buy/have bought from Boodmo without any issues. Perhaps someone else can chip in on this.

Suspension would have to be seen by a competent and trusted mechanic to see what’s needed and replace accordingly.

Cheers
Old 22nd October 2021, 18:21   #9824
BHPian

Guys

I am also on look out for overhauling my Civic’s suspension. I am not able to conclude where to source the parts from. Ghai spares has Monroe in stock and are prices reasonably and the OEM available on Honda are way expensive and the overhaul cost will be way higher. Anyone has any experience with Monroe shocks and other suspension parts?
Old 23rd October 2021, 00:54   #9825
BHPian

As most of our Civics' have crossed the 10 year mark, it's becoming evident that the rubber parts used by Honda, be it suspension components, window seals, weather strips and other miscellaneous, have started perishing irrespective of the KMs covered.

My Civic too is in due for a suspension rehaul. While I was pondering on dampers from KONI, the dealer's response was so belated. And they don't have the full set in stock yet. So, I have ruled them out.

Quote:
what abt suspension change
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post

I am also on look out for overhauling my Civic’s suspension.
BHPian sumeethaldankar has shared the below,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4139723 (Honda Civic Independence : CNG'd. EDIT: 1,13,000 km up and SOLD!)

BHPian laluks has shared the below,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3650144 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3650682 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4215585 (Pictorial: Rear suspension check & bush replacement on my Honda Civic)

BHPian mayankjha1806 has shared the below,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4625511 (Dhanno meets Banno – My Silver Civic VMT)

BHPian The Saint has shared his experience on Koni FSDs,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post2320978 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 View Post
Guys,

Please let me know the below item will fit for 2011 Honda civic S variant, planning for Low Beam :- 12v - 51W (HB4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Color temperature of 6000K will have a whiter light while 4300K will be less yellowish than the stock light.
6000K results in poor visibility during rainy and foggy weather conditions and on two-way roads when you are constantly blinded by the halogen beams of the oncoming vehicles.

However, LEDs inside a reflector setup will not result in the desired focus as we expect. Yet, I installed the below in my Civic last week.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Will share impressions along with pictures in due course.
My impressions stand the same as mentioned in the quote. In addition to that, couldn't witness proper cutoff between left and right beam emitted and they scatter more. Does the job in pitch dark conditions with nil traffic oncoming. Will suit highway driving. The pictures depict the 6000K bulb light output in the Low Beam housing.

Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20211022_220611.jpg
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-20211022_220619.jpg
eccentric is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks