Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 16:07   #1696
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mobil Delvac 1 in B'lore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I checked out '99rpm', and it is NOT available there. So, had to go to 'JK Auto' on JC Road. Bought 3 cans of one liter each. Having filled that in my swift VDi, they checked the oil level and the service guys thought it to be less and topped it off with 10W40 of SHU.

Now, I have this uneasy feeling of what might be happening to the engine with this mix. Next time for sure, have to buy a liter more or go for synthetic oils which come in 3.5L/4L cans.
100 ml of any other oil wont do any harm. Chill madi

And FYI, Delvac 1 is available on 99rpm

http://www.99rpm.com/tata/oils-fluids.html#page=1
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 16:22   #1697
BHPian

re: All about diesel engine oils

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
It's available for sure. You need to check under TATA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
100 ml of any other oil wont do any harm. Chill madi

And FYI, Delvac 1 is available on 99rpm

http://www.99rpm.com/tata/oils-fluids.html#page=1
Thanks Guys!

It beats me.. how did I miss this!

But tell you what, we could get it for little less if we can drag ourselves to JC Road. I got it for around INR 800 per liter.

Anyways! It's also good to know that 100 odd ml of different engine oil may NOT harm the engine. Thank You!
Old 23rd April 2017, 00:29   #1698
BHPian

Hi All,

We have a service due for our Diesel Renault Scala Aug 2013 (rebadged Nissan Sunny or other way round) which is currently around < 16K Kms. As the car is out of warranty I am getting this done at a multi car service center. I am thinking to go in for
  1. Mobil Delvac 1 5W 40 @ Rs. 3,990 from http://www.99rpm.com/tata/mobil-delv...0-5-litre.html
  2. Shell Helix 5W 40 @ Rs. 3,442 from http://www.amazon.in/Shell-Helix-550...tic+engine+oil

My car would need around 3.5 litres.

The car is mostly run in city (Bangalore, recently moved) and mainly for short rides.

Which would one should I go in for?
anupamsinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 10:56   #1699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamsinha View Post
Hi All,

We have a service due for our Diesel Renault Scala Aug 2013 (rebadged Nissan Sunny or other way round) which is currently around < 16K Kms. As the car is out of warranty I am getting this done at a multi car service center. I am thinking to go in for Which would one should I go in for?
For a diesel engine it would be Delvac 1 without a doubt.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 22:47   #1700
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone here tried the Unocal 76 15W40 engine oil? Need to change my engine oil soon and was looking up prices online and Unocal76 is priced way below HX5 and other similar brands.
Old 3rd May 2017, 23:57   #1701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Anyone here tried the Unocal 76 15W40 engine oil? Need to change my engine oil soon and was looking up prices online and Unocal76 is priced way below HX5 and other similar brands.
Yes, been using their CH4 15W-40 oil for a while now. Had the used oil analysed too, and happy with the results. Check out this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...interview.html.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 10:27   #1702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Yes, been using their CH4 15W-40 oil for a while now. Had the used oil analysed too, and happy with the results.
Thanks SS-Traveller. I did read the thread but missed the fact that you were using Unocal for your Scorpio.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 13:05   #1703
BHPian

Could somebody post a pic of oil dipstick showing the correct oil level for sx4 diesel or even swift ddis.

I have a doubt about mine being overfilled.
When i check the dipstick,its about two nothes higher then the xxx marked surface.
Old 22nd May 2017, 13:14   #1704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Do resolve this before you drive. Read this DDiS 320 failure (Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine) - lot of folks think that oil overfilling was the main reason for things going wrong.
Old 22nd May 2017, 16:08   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Do resolve this before you drive. Read this DDiS 320 failure (Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine) - lot of folks think that oil overfilling was the main reason for things going wrong.
It probably is. But we are not sure how much overfilled it was. Although, not advisable, I think the engines can take some additional oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Could somebody post a pic of oil dipstick showing the correct oil level for sx4 diesel or even swift ddis.

When i check the dipstick,its about two nothes higher then the xxx marked surface.
I own a Ford Figo and since last couple of services, I am getting it done from FNG. Figo takes about 3.8 ltrs of oil at refill. The Mobile oil that I had was in 4L can. Inspite of instructions, the guy filled 4L which took it above max level. Like you, I was always worried about the additional oil. But it did not cause any issue. But just to avoid the worries, this time, I filled it exactly till max of dipstick.
Old 26th May 2017, 10:33   #1706
BHPian

Ordered 6L of 5W 40 Mobil Delvac 1 for my 2013 Hyundai Verna Diesel, along with 2 litres of Tutela 75/85 gear oil. The car has ran about 34000 kms. Hope it's a suitable choice.

I need to replace the coolant too, and wonder if glysantin g30 is ok? Can someone please confirm?

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...omechanika-197

Last edited by avigster : 26th May 2017 at 10:34.
Old 29th May 2017, 15:00   #1707
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I bought 6 litres of delvac 1, and it appears that Verna Fluidic high water mark would be touched just by putting in 5 litres of oil. I have one spare litre now, and would you suggest if I should go ahead an pour in other 200-300 ml as a top up? is 5L too less?

I also put in synthetic gear oil ( pteronas tutelaa 75w85 ), and it seems that the gear box took around 2 litres of oil easily... is that too much?

Thanks - VIG
Old 29th May 2017, 15:05   #1708
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avigster View Post
I bought 6 litres of delvac 1.

I also put in synthetic gear oil ( pteronas tutelaa 75w85 )
Hello sir, with due respect, why this confusion on quantities to be filled? (No offence).

I think you haven't checked the owners manual for these details. Please do check the manual or check the previous service records. It'll help you out.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 15:15   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hello sir, with due respect, why this confusion on quantities to be filled? (No offence).

I think you haven't checked the owners manual for these details. Please do check the manual or check the previous service records. It'll help you out.
The manual suggests 5.3 litres of oil, and as I mentioned in my last mail that just by pouring in 5 litres of 1 litre cans, the high water mark on the dip stick was already submerged, after running the engine for about 5 minutes or so. My humble question was just to ensure that I am not leaving the engine with lesser than what it takes, or more than what it can take, and hence asked for a best exercise basis the exposure the experts have had here. My plan otherwise is to not pour anymore oil, and to observe it for a bit before resorting to any further conclusions.

I regret if this is taking your additional cycles, but my question is still unanswered, and I would continue to hope to have an expert answer it.

-VIG
Old 24th June 2017, 15:09   #1710
BHPian

After the incident of the sudden death of an Scross engine, i wanted to be sure of the oil replacement for my Ciaz diesel. I just felt on multiple occasions that Maruti service is not the symbol of perfection that many people feel it to be. I asked the service adviser what oil he is going to replace it with. He told me it was 5w40. I pointed out it was wrong and then i asked him to show me the can. He said that they fill it from a drum. No brand or specs available and i was told it was Maruti recommended. I said i would like to witness the change.
Asked him and the mechanic if it was synthetic,semi-synthetic and again blankness.The mechanic drains the oil and removes the filter. He fills a requisition form and goes to the store with an old can. They fill the can with oil from the drum at the store. This is where things can go wrong. What if the storekeeper fills the wrong oil and gives to the mechanic ?. I kept asking the mechanic and the adviser if it was the right grade. He used a water bottle cut in half as a funnel to fill the oil.
Overall a very disappointing oil change procedure. My advise is to carry your own oil ( volume is 3.2l). The service adviser said it was acceptable. This was the 10000km routine and the total charges was 2200. After the free service do the oil change at an FNG where they listen to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks