Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:31   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group

No need to go to ASS. I am uploading the Charts for the Wheel Alignment for every ones benefit.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-wp_20130803_001.jpg  

Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-wp_20130803_002.jpg  

Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-wp_20130803_003.jpg  

Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-wp_20130803_004.jpg  

manikjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:42   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
No need to go to ASS. I am uploading the Charts for the Wheel Alignment for every ones benefit.
Can you help us get the complete workshop manual ( preferably pdf)
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:54   #423
Senior - BHPian

Surely I will Upload the scanned copy of the whole manual but i would take some time. I will have my office boy started on it.

Also in the mean time if you have something specific I would love to help you.
manikjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 13:00   #424
BHPian

I have the workshop manual here in mumbai. If anybody here needs anything ...... i am in the burbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Can you help us get the complete workshop manual ( preferably pdf)
53BHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 09:53   #425
BHPian

Hi all,

Had taken the W124 to the service center to check whether everything is alright and to a fix a problem that had developed with the power-window. After listening to the engine for a bit the mechanic said that the o'rings mights be due for a change. We had it changed. Both diesel o'rings and injector o'rings. After that, I feel that clicking sound of the engine is now more pronounced and has become a bit tractor-like. My dad says he can't hear any difference and I might be imagining things. Is it possible that the clicking noise (sound from the lifter?) rises a little after the o'ring change and will settle down after running a few hundred km? Or could be that I'm imagining things?

E250 and 1,25,000km done.
Old 4th August 2013, 11:58   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Had taken the ... I'm imagining things?

Haha. Same thing happened to me. The clatter is sharper, isn't it? Wait for it to settle down, and it should become quieter. My car had a diesel leakage because of a torn O ring at the filter, and the performance became better after I changed the rings, so I guess it wasn't a minor leak at all.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:02   #427
Senior - BHPian

It might be in your head itself but if u can make a video we can judge it better. And even its a case it will settle down.
Old 4th August 2013, 22:22   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Had taken the W124 to the service center to check whether everything is alright and to a fix a problem that had developed with the power-window. After listening to the engine for a bit the mechanic said that the o'rings mights be due for a change. We had it changed. Both diesel o'rings and injector o'rings. After that, I feel that clicking sound of the engine is now more pronounced and has become a bit tractor-like. My dad says he can't hear any difference and I might be imagining things. Is it possible that the clicking noise (sound from the lifter?) rises a little after the o'ring change and will settle down after running a few hundred km? Or could be that I'm imagining things?

I don't think the injector has got any o rings. The o rings in place prevents the engine oil from entering the pre combustion area. Changing them will not affect the performance in any way.

Also adding a picture I found in our own classifieds. Check out the outside temp reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes W124 E Class Support Group-picture_103788.jpg  

Old 5th August 2013, 07:23   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Are you talking about the delivery valve seals as well, where the injector pipes come out of the top of the injector pump? If so, then there will be a little more clacking sound for a while - but it should only be a little more, and be even to all cylinders. If it is an uneven click/clack, from just one or two pipes/injectors, then it's possible one or more new seals hasn't seated correctly or that there is a tiny bit of dirt contaminating the joint. Give it a thousand km and if still very noticeable then have it looked at. Cleanliness when carrying out delivery valve seal replacement is everything.
FlatOut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 10:42   #430
BHPian

Hi all,

Yesterday while I was driving, I noticed a very slight grinding noise coming from the passenger side, from somewhere near the wheels when the steering wheel is turned (I don't exactly remember whether it comes when I turn the steering wheel to the right or to the left). The previous owner had told me that the suspension bushes are due for a change. I plan to do that after the weather here gets a little better and the govt. fills those potholes that develops magically every year when it starts raining (talk about corruption). Is the noise coming from suspension? I took a look near the wheels, but could not see anything amiss.

P.S:- The wheels are out-of-balance which I am getting balanced on tomorrow since today is a holiday.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 11th August 2013 at 10:54.
Old 12th August 2013, 13:24   #431
BHPian

First balance your car; and alignment; while you are it

Jack up your car and visually go through the all the bushes, tie rod ends, balljoints, wheel bearings, shocks, brakes

If it is the ball joint; i would suggest change it immediately as failed ball joint is dangerous and will let your wheel out; it is a known fault..
Old 16th August 2013, 14:57   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakMenon View Post
First balance your car; and alignment; while you are it

Jack up your car and visually go through the all the bushes, tie rod ends, balljoints, wheel bearings, shocks, brakes

If it is the ball joint; i would suggest change it immediately as failed ball joint is dangerous and will let your wheel out; it is a known fault..
I am lately getting a slight squeaking noise when i turn the steering (comes from the wheel itself), what could this be? It only comes when i start the car after few days, is gone once the car has been run.
P.S. Its heavy monsoons in Mumbai now

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 16th August 2013 at 15:01.
Old 16th August 2013, 19:47   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
I am lately getting a slight squeaking noise when i turn the steering (comes from the wheel itself), what could this be? It only comes when i start the car after few days, is gone once the car has been run.
P.S. Its heavy monsoons in Mumbai now

Like i said before squeak is a general thing to say.. it can be a range of things.. like somethimes old tires squeak; out of alignment tires squesk.. if steering wheel then the contact ring..

No way to be sure till you visually check the underside
Old 21st August 2013, 12:15   #434
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to ask if anybody can guide me where to find a new coolant bottle for my E220. I have a leaking bottle.

I will also like to know if it can be repaired and how. If I don't find a replacement bottle.
Old 21st August 2013, 14:30   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
I wanted to ask if anybody can guide me where to find a new coolant bottle for my E220. I have a leaking bottle.

I will also like to know if it can be repaired and how. If I don't find a replacement bottle.
Check with any part dealer; New is available; or get one from Ebay

or go to local junkyard; like Kurla in Mumbai and get one

If you want to repair; then Plastex [Google for the kit]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks