Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 15:18   #136
BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhagan View Post
I think we single-handedly depleted the stock of Tiguan Allspaces in the country.
Amazing! My AllSpace also came from VW Tirunelveli as Ramani couldn't source/have a black one in Coimbatore. Welcome to the club!
harish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 10:06   #137
BHPian

Glad to see a vehicle which deserves a lot more sales and recognition is finally getting it. It might be through us enthusiasts but again you can't expect much from people who don't even look at any other vehicle except an overpriced BOF bouncy Toyota truck(no offense meant to anyone) at that price or even more.

The BOF SUVs IMO are an absolute requirement of very few people and other end up spending just for the road presence. The Allspace at discounted prices is a steal I believe, the quality, fit and finish and driving experience can easily rival cars costing twice as much.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 12:17   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
Hey guys! Any word on the latest deals on the Tiguan AllSpace? VW Downtown in Mumbai would not go below 39.85L on-road + 3 year SVP (Corporate reg). I feel this price to be very high given this is technically a car that has been manufactured in 2019 (Imported in 2020).
Hi

I think a few of the BHPians have already replied but I also wanted to put a point across. If you haven't already gone ahead with another car, do check the ex-showroom that the dealer was offering your the Allspace at. Most of us have had ex-showroom at anything between 28 Lakhs to 31 Lakhs and the respective states Road tax added to this along-with Insurance and in some cases Handling/ Logistics/ Accessories charges, etc.

In Maharashtra, I am told there is an additional Road Tax on CBU cars and that's one reason Allspace and similar other cars stand out to be more expensive.

--Kalyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish View Post
Attaching pictures of our Deep Black Pearl AllSpace, I've been contemplating getting paint protection such as PPF for it but later it hit me. Now I'm thinking PPF under the handles, maybe bumpers alone and get it paint corrected/detailed every year. Do you guys have any recommendations?
Frankly speaking, this car does not need any additional treatments. Yes, there can be occasional scratches that PPF can prevent but not too much of a difference. I do recommend something called the essentials pack which is the front bumper, ORVMs, under the door handles, etc as a highway drive tends to make cleaning these parts difficult. You don't want to scratch the car while cleaning it.

--Kalyan

Quote:
To all the Tiguan owners, did you guys ever consider the Jeep Compass, if yes, how does it stack up? Especially now after the launch of the facelifted version.

Regards,
Akash
Hi Akash

I had Compass as one of the contenders but I did not like the drive on the Diesel 4X4 AT. The Jeep looks much nicer with the right proportions, etc even the pre-facelift one. And with the facelift, there have been a lot of changes esp to the interior. But, if the price between Jeep and Allspace is differing by say 3-4 lakhs, my pick would still be the Allspace.

--Kalyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoym View Post
Btw, there are discussions on the manufacturing date of the car, my RC says Feb 2020.
Yes, mine says Jan 2020 but if you look at the manual and other equipment like tyres etc. The car was assembled between Oct - Dec 2019 in Mexico and then imported to India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhagan View Post
When our SA was with us to sign the final papers, someone called him looking for another one, and they weren’t able to source one from the factory. Everything still available is probably at individual dealerships.
This is true, I just quickly checked within my circles and on TBHP, around 30+ Allspaces were taken between October and the last week amongst us alone if not more.

But, it is also rumoured that another batch or more of the Allspaces might be imported as they see a good response esp with the discounts. And also there are reports of the 5 seater Tiguan making a come-back.

--Kalyan

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 10th February 2021 at 12:18.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 13:31   #139
BHPian

I'm happy with the amount of Tiguan AS being sold in country. It shows that there is still a market where people prefer an small and nimble 7 Seater 4x4 SUV that too in Petrol variant in a segment dominated by ladder on frame full size diesel SUVs.
In past 1 week, I spotted 5 different temporary registered Tiguan AS in Gurugram.
Dhruv29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 13:39   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
I'm happy with the amount of Tiguan AS being sold in country. It shows that there is still a market where people prefer an small and nimble 7 Seater 4x4 SUV that too in Petrol variant in a segment dominated by ladder on frame full size diesel SUVs.
In past 1 week, I spotted 5 different temporary registered Tiguan AS in Gurugram.
To be fair, a lot of these have been sold solely due to heavy discounts.
2 friends have picked up the All Space recently just because the deal made it a viable option compared to the CRV.

Unfortunately, all of these cars are 2019 manufactured, and have been in some stockyard or another for 1.x years.
In my opinion, our market doesn't appreciate this segment as yet in my opinion - one reason why the CRV has been discontinued & probably why Skoda is taking their time with the Kodiaq TSi.
Heck, even in diesel trim these SUVs weren't as popular as the full sized ladder on frame SUVs.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 16:41   #141
BHPian

I’ve been looking to finalise a car in for a month or so now and I nearly put the advance down for the Tiggy. But now waiting for the C5. Could give good competition given that it’s newer, diesel, and more comfort. What’s going for the Tiggy is looks, and that’s it (will be using third row maybe twice in a year so not counting that). If the power on C5 is good (am hopeful given the 2L), then it’ll probably be C5. Let’s see, exciting times!!
prnvaa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 17:18   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnvaa View Post
I nearly put the advance down for the Tiggy. But now waiting for the C5.

Could give good competition...
So, here's the thing.
As far as I understood, the Tiguan AllSpace and the C5 Aircross are completely different.

The Tiguan AllSpace
- comes with AWD
- is a CBU (hence is a German with Mexican upbringing)
- has a stiffer Euro spec suspension which will be great at high speeds for highway runs and a little hard on low speed bumps
- has 7 seats, of which the last row can be folded flat and used as a spacious 5 seater with around 700 liters of bootspace

On the other hand, the C5 Aircross
- is FWD only
- is 95% Indianized, apparently
- has a super soft suspension, at least in the European market, which makes it great at medium speeds on bumps, but causes nose diving during sudden braking as well as increases body roll in high speed turns. Yet to hear on Feb 15th if they have Indianized the suspension setup as well
- has 5 seats and around 700 liters of bootspace

So, if you are considering just the number of seats and bootspace, yes, they are very much comparable. But otherwise, they are very different, probably even price-wise.

Again, I could be presuming some features about the C5 Aircross, since it's yet to be officially launched in India, but even then...
kung_foo_fanta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 17:29   #143
BHPian

Yes different in specs, but for my usage (which is what am buying for!) -
1. the third row is pretty useless except for kids so don’t see myself using it more than 2-3 times a year when extended family visits.
2. AWD - again, don’t see myself using this more than 1-2 a year, that too maximum.
3. City driving petrol will be a nightmare (at least Rs. 5-7 lacs over 120k kms which is my avg running over 10 years).
4. 2019 manufacture is a heavy burden on the head.

On service both aren’t too great, but am hopeful that Citroen launches with some free / discounted service packs to instil confidence.

Tho I do *love* the looks so let’s see what happens next week.

Btw I thought the C5 was CKD and not 95% Indianised, not that it makes a diff but just curious where you got that from.

—edit below—
The more I think it seems like a heart (Tiggy with VW looks, ride, lesser used third row & AWD) vs head (C5 better mileage, more comfortable). Is close, will boil down to reviews of C5!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
So, here's the thing.
As far as I understood, the Tiguan AllSpace and the C5 Aircross are completely different.

Last edited by prnvaa : 10th February 2021 at 17:32. Reason: Adding details
prnvaa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 18:24   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Yes different in specs, but for my usage (which is what am buying for!)

Tho I do *love* the looks so let’s see what happens next week.

Btw I thought the C5 was CKD and not 95% Indianised, not that it makes a diff but just curious where you got that from.

—edit below—
The more I think it seems like a heart (Tiggy...) vs head (C5...). Is close, will boil down to reviews of C5!!
Ahh! Right. I was just wondering why, if you could get an AllSpace, you would go for a C5 (probably because of my bias towards German engineering). But yes, like you said, it makes sense for your usage.

My apologies for that oversight regarding the CKD vs Indianization. I have been heavily binging on the Kushaq's updates lately and I mixed up the origins. You are absolutely right, the C5 is a CKD.

Of course, the happenings of next week, could make or break so many hearts! And not just because of Valentine's Day!
kung_foo_fanta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 20:12   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys! Any word on the latest deals on the Tiguan AllSpace? VW Downtown in Mumbai would not go below 39.85L on-road + 3 year SVP (Corporate reg).
Here I see that people in Bangalore are reporting 37L,l
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi
If you haven't already gone ahead with another car, do check the ex-showroom that the dealer was offering your the Allspace at. Most of us have had ex-showroom at anything between 28 Lakhs to 31 Lakhs
Did some research on this. In MH, CBU tax is levied at 20% and on the theoretical ex showroom list price, which if I am not mistaken is ₹33.25 l. So there will be a tax of ₹6.65 l levied irrespective of the discount you get on ex show room price. Both dealers are also asking for ~₹60,000 as depot and service charges over and above the tax paid to the government. Not sure what insurance would be - but presume it would be close to ₹1 lakh. So you have close to ₹8.25 lakhs of additional payments beyond ex showroom even without basic accessories or TCS (which I don’t count as a cost since you claim it back). So ₹39.85 l is probably ex show room of ₹31.5 l.

Believe in Delhi, registration is just 10% of the actual invoice value - so, on an ex showroom of ₹31.5 l, the total cost would be ₹36 l. Difference is the RTO tax.

Last edited by Hayek : 10th February 2021 at 20:18.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 13:41   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Unfortunately, all of these cars are 2019 manufactured, and have been in some stockyard or another for 1.x years.
Quote:
4. 2019 manufacture is a heavy burden on the head.
Not all Allspaces are 2019 manufactured (or Model Year(MY) 2020) cars. Some folks in Hyderabad have received delivery of MY 2021 (2020 manufactured cars too). It looks like initially 300-500 Allspaces were imported and later another batch was also imported under another Year's quota, these could have been from 2020 manufacturing dates.

If you take a quotation from a VW showroom in your city, they will clearly mention if a car is MY2020 or MY2021.

No credible news article available on the no of Allspaces imported so far.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 18:34   #147

Congratulations on this wonderful addition to your garage! Amazing attention to detail!
akashnagrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 19:53   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharganesan View Post
Sorry for the delayed response but I am talking to Elite Motors that has showrooms on Hosur Road and JP Nagar. Incidentally, I picked up my Tiguan today.

Thanks a ton to this group and forum and a special thanks to kalyan_hyd for clarifying all the doubts that I had before purchasing this car. Took delivery of the Tiguan today. Looking forward to the motoring days ahead! Love you, guys!
Congratulations on acquiring this beauty. Happy Mile munching. Do post your reviews later..... NVS Raj
BrakingBad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 20:20   #149
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

If you take a quotation from a VW showroom in your city, they will clearly mention if a car is MY2020 or MY2021.

--Kalyan
I would like to thank all the bhpians who bought the all space Tiguan . I sincerely hope the deck/stocks are now cleared for all new Kodiaq 2.0L TSI. Decided to get one Kodiaq already.
Old 11th February 2021, 23:10   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Did some research on this. In MH, CBU tax is levied at 20% and on the theoretical ex showroom list price, which if I am not mistaken is ₹33.25 l.
You are right, my RTO expenses with all parking fees etc wad 3.41 lacs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks