Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 15:30   #9706
BHPian

My car is in ASS for 40K service. There was some hissing sound from AC for a week plus cooling had reduced as well. On diagnosis they say that cooling coil is gone and replacement would cost 8 to 9 K ? Should I go ahead or should i get any second opinion from other AC mechanics outside?

Last edited by pisthpeeps : 28th November 2014 at 15:39.
Old 28th November 2014, 20:02   #9707
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
My car is in ASS for 40K service. There was some hissing sound from AC for a week plus cooling had reduced as well. On diagnosis they say that cooling coil is gone and replacement would cost 8 to 9 K ? Should I go ahead or should i get any second opinion from other AC mechanics outside?
Hi,
Hissing and reduced cooling is due to faulty cooling coil.10 days back i got it changed outside ASS and costs me around 8300.If it is b/w 8-9k, better carry out there in ASS.In my case first was hissing sound then lesser cooling and finally one day no more refrigerant in the system due to the leaking coil.
Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 20:57   #9708
BHPian

Has anyone observed a change in FE w.r.t to Shell diesel? I tried it for the last 2 tank fills and noticed an increase of FE upto 3 kmpl. My last tank fill gave me a 17.5 in bangalore city driving conditions. Is Shell that good? I am not complaining though.
Old 1st December 2014, 22:13   #9709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Has anyone observed a change in FE w.r.t to Shell diesel? I tried it for the last 2 tank fills and noticed an increase of FE upto 3 kmpl. My last tank fill gave me a 17.5 in bangalore city driving conditions. Is Shell that good? I am not complaining though.
I had one such experience before the Shell bunk closed down nearby. But I cannot say for sure because the car was used around 40% on airport trips, which meant roads with sparse traffic.

By the way, I am happy to report that in my recent drive to Vijaywada and back last Friday, I got a whopping FE of 20.5 kmpl, the highest so far. Of course, AC usage as only 5%, but most of the drive was on the new divided highway at speeds I don't want to mention.

At the same speeds, my Fiesta 1.6 petrol would have given me only around 14 kmpl. I'm really happy with the tdci.
Old 3rd December 2014, 13:37   #9710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I had one such experience before the Shell bunk closed down nearby.
All these days I was waiting to fill diesel from a Shell pump. The moment PSU companies matched the market rate, I was eager to go to Shell Bunk. To my disappointment, Gachibowli & Habsiguda bunks were closed.. I do not understand the Business logic behind the closure. I feel this the right time to compete with the PSU bunks.
Old 3rd December 2014, 14:36   #9711
BHPian

Do we need to change the transmission oil for TDCI engines in some specified interval of time or is it a lifetime from factory ?
Old 3rd December 2014, 14:54   #9712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Do we need to change the transmission oil for TDCI engines in some specified interval of time or is it a lifetime from factory ?
I don't own a Figo.

Transmission oil change is not tied to the type of engine used. It requires change. The gap would be much longer than your usual engine oil change. My guess is every 20,000km or so. The interval should be mentioned in the car manual.
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:01   #9713
BHPian

I think it depends on engine, the troque and power outputs might determine the grade and interval.
I could not find this in my manual of may be i missed it . But I was told by someone that they usually dont need a change , but I'm not sure .Hence thought of checking if any one has done a tansmission oil change.
Old 3rd December 2014, 16:50   #9714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
There is no mention of replacing the transmission oil for either the petrol or diesel upto a lakh kms. So my guess is lifetime.

However, it is checked at every service , but I don't think it needs replacement.

Last edited by tharian : 3rd December 2014 at 16:51.
Old 8th December 2014, 14:52   #9715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Great going.
My daily drive is through B2B traffic zone and many short trips, that's one more thing which contributed to low battery life.
This could be a possibility. My figo is 2 year 8 months old and last week when i gave for 40K service, Service Adviser told me that battery has become weak. He said the battery test report shows it has become weak. I asked if there is drop in voltage to which he replied test report shows it has become weak.

Any one has seen battery test report ? how it looks and based on what parameters battery life is decided. Could not find any thread on team bhp

Majority of my car runs are short trips in the range of 10-15 kms one way and only say once in a week it goes one way 30 kms. So in all probability, short trips with frequent start stops are reason behind low battery life? I dont have any extra electrical accessories other than basic 1-DIN USB/CD ICE setup with 2 speakers at front door and 2 on parcel tray.

Any one else here replaced battery before completing 3 years for Figo?
Old 8th December 2014, 15:19   #9716
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the transmission oil replacement is recommended only at I Lakh KMs and the coolant is for the lifetime.
Old 8th December 2014, 15:45   #9717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
This could be a possibility. My figo is 2 year 8 months old and last week when i gave for 40K service, Service Adviser told me that battery has become weak. He said the battery test report shows it has become weak. I asked if there is drop in voltage to which he replied test report shows it has become weak.

Any one has seen battery test report ? how it looks and based on what parameters battery life is decided. Could not find any thread on team bhp
In my case too the battery got week in 2.6 years/34k ODO.

If you are suspecting, take your car to any battery shop. They will do the test with amp meter and other tools to check the battery's health.
While cranking, the volt should not go below 11V this you can verify using in-car diagnostic mode.
Old 9th December 2014, 22:44   #9718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
My figo's (tdci)A.C cooling coil got changed last week.Repair work was carried out outside ASC.Car is 4years old and odo stands at 95k.Total cost came to 8300rs which includes coil+gas+labour.As per the technician this is a common complaint with figo and fiesta.
I too recently had the same issue, the AC was working fine till Friday night and come Saturday morning the AC was completely dead. Took the car to Ford Service Center and they had the cooling coil replaced. Costs was 9K and the replacement part has 6 Months warranty. If only I had the 4th Year warranty then this whole replacement would have been covered per Ford Service Adviser.

I have been having squeaking noises from the front disc breaks for quite some time, the break disc and pads were replace at 40K kms service and the noises started by 48K kms. The breaks were cleaned during 50K kms service and the noise just stopped for one day. Then it started again, had them cleaned again during the AC issue and 3 days later it started again.

I could only think of 2 reasons,
1. The noises started a few days after i had the tyres switched to 185/65 CC3s, could that be causing the noise ?

2. I believe Figo's with ABS has different break discs and pads than non-ABS ones. Cousin who was working in Ford (in vehicle development) told me that Titanium variant has better performing disc that other. Anybody have any idea if they are actually different ones ?
If they are different ones, then I could talk to Ford Service guys and check the ones they installed and have them replace the correct ones.
Old 9th December 2014, 22:58   #9719
BHPian

Something I noticed. I too have the same issues on AC and the Disc Brakes on my Ford Figo and it started after 40 K service done at Ford ASS. Trust me the car was in absolute working condition without any issues (even Minor). Ford offered me extended warranty which I dint accept as i never felt it was necessary. The problems started appearing one after other after 40K service. something fishy?
Old 10th December 2014, 09:56   #9720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post

2. I believe Figo's with ABS has different break discs and pads than non-ABS ones. Cousin who was working in Ford (in vehicle development) told me that Titanium variant has better performing disc that other. Anybody have any idea if they are actually different ones ?
If they are different ones, then I could talk to Ford Service guys and check the ones they installed and have them replace the correct ones.
Yes, the ABS equipped Figo has a bigger disc and I guess drum as well.
Any idea how much it costs to replace just the disc pads?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks