Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 14:53   #1276
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
The walkaround video of Sigma Baleno shows the driver side having four power window switches, so would that mean two are dummy?
It's got two power window switches only. The front right button is for locking/unlocking all doors and the front left is to enable/disable the power window control.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 6th November 2015 at 14:59. Reason: Typo
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 15:18   #1277
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My Dad has booked Baleno Delta RayBlue and he is getting delivery on 12th. I would like to know what accessories are recommended or required for this variant. One straight suggestion was a reverse camera as our home parking is very tight. What else?

As I live in a different city, I would not be able to do PDI/VIN Check etc. But I think it being a new Brand and new Model it should be required too? Of course I asked him to check for any bodily damages before the delivery.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 6th November 2015, 15:32   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
It's got two power window switches only. The front right button is for locking/unlocking all doors and the front left is to enable/disable the power window control.
Thanks, its my oversight I didn't imagine the lock/unlock in that layout.
Old 6th November 2015, 16:49   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Anurag, you feel the gear ratios have changed? By any chance, do you have the new gear ratios?

I feel, they could have introduced a 6th gear instead.
I was the one who accompanied anurag with the TD, and I had already done 3-4 detailed TDs before this one. Though I don't have the new gear ratios, I can say that even I felt they could have introduced a 6th gear, but honestly after driving it at highway speeds, I think the fifth gear itself serves good with the rpm needle hovering around 2000-2100 rpm at 100kmph in 5th gear.

Note: Hyundai i20 even with its sixth gear engaged, does the same at 100kmph i.e. at 2100rpm.
Old 6th November 2015, 17:53   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Hi Guys,

My Dad has booked Baleno Delta RayBlue and he is getting delivery on 12th. I would like to know what accessories are recommended or required for this variant. One straight suggestion was a reverse camera as our home parking is very tight. What else?

As I live in a different city, I would not be able to do PDI/VIN Check etc. But I think it being a new Brand and new Model it should be required too? Of course I asked him to check for any bodily damages before the delivery.

Pls check a couple of pages back where I have posted the accessories list along with prices as give by my nexa dealer in Mumbai. You can refer to it for your purpose
Old 6th November 2015, 19:12   #1281
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Congrats WheelWake! Is it a petrol or diesel?
When and from which NEXA outlet was your Baleno booked?
Since the model is just launched checking the date wouldn't be required. It might be manufactured probably a month or two ago.

As for accessories, would you really require the rear camera right now?
I think the Delta gets parking sensors, may be your dad can see if he is comfortable with the setup.

As for the options you can try after market system but I am sure the dealership will raise the issue of warranty. As per the list provided by abhik897 they are retailing it at around 12K.

Another option is to get a nice Touchscreen system which has the provision of the camera. This would be expensive. NEXA is selling them for around 20K.

By the way did anyone notice this is the accessories list? "Alloy*Wheel*04*pcs*Exchange - 23600"
Does this mean that anyone can exchange their steel rims and tyres pay the additional 23K and get the 16" alloys and tires?

Last edited by SRK : 6th November 2015 at 19:14.
Old 6th November 2015, 21:39   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
As for accessories, would you really require the rear camera right now?
I think the Delta gets parking sensors, may be your dad can see if he is comfortable with the setup.

By the way did anyone notice this is the accessories list? "Alloy*Wheel*04*pcs*Exchange - 23600"
Does this mean that anyone can exchange their steel rims and tyres pay the additional 23K and get the 16" alloys and tires?
As suggested, let your dad try the sensors first. if not comfortable, explore after-market options later.

On the alloys front, 23600 is for exchange of steel rims with Alloys. Tyre differential would be extra. I would recommend the top left alloy in the image instead of the alpha alloys which are too bland. If alloy upgrade is not on the cards and he is comfortable, get him to upgrade the MRFs to Yokos. Both tyres are prices similarly outside, so should not hurt the pockets much. Maybe 2000-2500.

Your dad can get the basic mats and mudflaps from the showroom. The cheapest mats in the accessories list should be decent.

You could complement the front looks (minus projectors), by adding front fog lights @ 4500.

Seats covers etc - aftermarket would have more options.
Attached Images

Last edited by dipen : 6th November 2015 at 21:43.
Old 6th November 2015, 21:50   #1283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post

On the alloys front, 23600 is for exchange of steel rims with Alloys. Tyre differential would extra. I would recommend the top left alloy in the image instead of the alpha alloys which are too bland.
Just to add as an information, the top left alloy has a part number-43210M79MU0 and is a 15inch alloy. The bottom one is OEM fitment for Ciaz ZXi with part number-43210M79M50-27N and that too is a 15inch alloy.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 21:53   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Just to add as an information, the top left alloy has a part number-43210M79MU0 and is a 15inch alloy. The bottom one is OEM fitment for Ciaz ZXi with part number-43210M79M50-27N and that too is a 15inch alloy.

Regards,
Shashi
Would you know the price as well please for top left. Considering the alpha alloys in exchange for 23.6, these ones would ideally be lower considering the 15" size. The ride with 15 inchers would more complaint in the Baleno than the 16 inchers. One can do with the same tyres as well or upgrade to same size of different brands
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 22:01   #1285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would you know the price as well please for top left.
Sorry Sir, I don't have any information regarding the exact pricing, but my guess is it shouldn't cost more than Rs.5.5k per alloy. Not sure though.

Edit- A quick search on Google revealed something interesting. Notice the part number & the declared value of spare.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-h.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 22:10   #1286
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks for the info.

So basically these won't be a good idea to replace the rims on the Alpha model, given that they are 15" ones. Didn't the Ciaz get 16" alloys too?

I hope Maruti brings the wheels showcased at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

Quote:
Would you know the price as well please for top left. Considering the alpha alloys in exchange for 23.6, these ones would ideally be lower considering the 15" size. The ride with 15 inchers would more complaint in the Baleno than the 16 inchers. One can do with the same tyres as well or upgrade to same size of different brands
Do you think the 23K figure would be just for the 4 alloys? If that is the case I think many customers could go in for the exchange considering they look too simple. Any idea how much would after market rims for a set of 4 cost in the same spec?

Last edited by SRK : 6th November 2015 at 22:18.
Old 6th November 2015, 22:25   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

So basically these won't be a good idea to replace the rims on the Alpha model, given that they are 15" ones.
As far as alloy size goes, it depends entirely on you choice. A smaller alloy will no doubt give you better cushioning on stock tyres. That's entirely your choice.

Quote:
Didn't the Ciaz get 16" alloys too?
Yes Sir, you can always get the gun-metal finished alloys which comes standard in Ciaz Z+ variants.

Quote:
I hope Maruti brings the wheels showcased at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
I'd like to share an experience of mine with all fellow BHPians. I have been doing this for all my cars.

Take for example Maruti 800. The fully loaded version sold in India was the 5-Speed DX. Still it had many goodies missing. What I did was, got hold of a parts manual for the Indian version of 800, and the export variant too. JFYI, 800 was exported to many nations in its early days from India and had much more features than our Indian 800.

So I got the parts manual, and essentially part numbers for those spares, and ordered them through local MGP spares shop. They had the least idea what they were ordering- I simply went there with the part number, and they ordered.

Now my car has many OEM features like child lock, day night IRVM etc from the export model. Many of them are direct fit without any modifications. I am also getting OEM rear window demister for 800, which needs just an upgraded wiring harness and new rear glass.

Coming back to Baleno, since India is the sole manufacturing hub for Baleno, I am 100% sure that once the exports are begun, its parts manual will have the different alloys which were shown at the expo-provided they are OEM fit in the export cars.
There are many scoop pics where Baleno was tested with tastier alloys.

Hope it helps!!

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th November 2015 at 22:28.
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 22:46   #1288
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as alloy size goes, it depends entirely on you choice. A smaller alloy will no doubt give you better cushioning on stock tyres. That's entirely your choice.

Yes Sir, you can always get the gun-metal finished alloys which comes standard in Ciaz Z+ variants.

I'd like to share an experience of mine with all fellow BHPians. I have been doing this for all my cars.

Take for example Maruti 800. The fully loaded version sold in India was the 5-Speed DX. Still it had many goodies missing. What I did was, got hold of a parts manual for the Indian version of 800, and the export variant too. JFYI, 800 was exported to many nations in its early days from India and had much more features than our Indian 800.

So I got the parts manual, and essentially part numbers for those spares, and ordered them through local MGP spares shop. They had the least idea what they were ordering- I simply went there with the part number, and they ordered.

Now my car has many OEM features like child lock, day night IRVM etc from the export model. Many of them are direct fit without any modifications. I am also getting OEM rear window demister for 800, which needs just an upgraded wiring harness and new rear glass.

Coming back to Baleno, since India is the sole manufacturing hub for Baleno, I am 100% sure that once the exports are begun, its parts manual will have the different alloys which were shown at the expo-provided they are OEM fit in the export cars.
There are many scoop pics where Baleno was tested with tastier alloys.

Hope it helps!!

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks for such a great info.

How were you able to get your hands on the parts manual? Would be good to know if you have any contacts. I would like to get one also if possible a service manual for the Baleno whenever it arrives.

I am sure with time we will get to see some great modified Baleno's on road

Just wondering, has any T-BHPian bought the Baleno yet? Waiting to read the ownership review
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 22:57   #1289
BHPian

Sigma vs Alpha comparison

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...arison-581445/
WRXXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 23:24   #1290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for such a great info.

How were you able to get your hands on the parts manual? Would be good to know if you have any contacts. I would like to get one also if possible a service manual for the Baleno whenever it arrives.
No Sir, no special contacts. All you need to do is go to your nearest MGP store and order one for you. Parts manual & workshop service manual too has a part number like other MGP spares.

We order these two manuals even before getting the delivery of any car.

Quote:
Waiting to read the ownership review
On the contrary, I am waiting with a bated breath for the official review. From the past few launches, I have been noticing this trend-Official review goes live as soon as the product is officially launched. I am sure mods are at work framing a nice review, but "ye dil hai ki maanta nahi" and grows impatient.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks