Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 13:03   #1426
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Do we have an update on, by when would the official T-BHP for Baleno will be out, I have three friends waiting to book the Baleno, but have been waiting for the exhaustive T-BHP review.
Ritzvxi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 13:03   #1427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Yes, but the figures are for the entire Europe.
True. But Europe has all cars available and you can't expect volumes per manufactures as in India, Vitara in that context is doing very well and also, considering Suzuki is a small player there.

In fact it has overtaken Ford's EcoSport.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-ture.jpg

http://left-lane.com/european-car-sa...ford-ecosport/

Last edited by volkman10 : 18th November 2015 at 13:05.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 13:13   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
many thanks for your wishes.

@aravindkumarp, what all additional accessories have you added to the car?
Got these done from 3M - Paint sealant essential, under body and 3D nomad mats. There is a 10% discount going on in 3M if 3 or more services are done.

Have been waiting for a while for the accessories to come from Martui (esp the floor mats), but still there is a delay. So went ahead with the mats from 3M.
Old 18th November 2015, 13:29   #1429
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
But Europe has all cars available and you can't expect volumes per manufactures as in India, Vitara in that context is doing very well and also, considering Suzuki is a small player there.
Agree completely. But instead of market share, they have to target numbers. And that is where Indian sales can help Suzuki.

Same is the case for Baleno. With 21K booking in 2 weeks, India sales can be multi-fold than European numbers. But with an additional 1L boosterjet engine, a lot of enthusiasts will add to the list of its customers.

There are people who vouch for the rugged Gypsy.
There are people who vouch for the 'sprity' Esteem.
There are people who vouch for the classy jelly bean Zen.
There are people who vouch for the sporty old Baleno.

Why can't Suzuki add other models to this list?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 18th November 2015 at 13:32.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 14:04   #1430
t18
BHPian

I booked a test drive for Baleno on the nexa website. Its been two days and I have not received any call.
So I called SK Wheels in Navi Mumbai. As this is a premium product I was expecting a sophisticated and well mannered person on the other end. But alas my expectations were shattered when the lady started speaking casually. Maruti Suzuki showrooms are better I guess.
She insisted I visit the showroom for any details and they did not have any petrol models yet.

Then called Sai Service at Lower Parel. The lady over their transferred the call to an executive who was ok to speak but there was lot of background noise. I asked for a quote and he just verbally gave it. The person did not even bother to take my details.

Last edited by t18 : 18th November 2015 at 14:30.
Old 18th November 2015, 14:14   #1431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
I booked a test drive for Baleno on the nexa website. Its been two days and I have not received any call.
So I called SK Wheels in Navi Mumbai. As this is a premium product I was expecting a suave and well mannered person on the other end. But alas my expectations were shattered when the lady started speaking casually..
Have sent you a PM for the contact person, all the best
methecupid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 14:18   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroads View Post
Hello Gentlemen,

I am going to book Baleno Alpha Petrol Variant today (provided waiting isn't beyond my patience) Please help me with the price list, in getting unnecessary items off the list & what negotiations are possible?

And any advises, this is my first ever car buy.
My dealer in mumbai didn't have any basic kit insistence. So please check with them what all they have included. The floor mats given by maruti although of good quality leaves a lot of carpet exposed. Even dicky mats I got from maruti are of very avg quality and not worth the price. So get the details of what all they are given.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th November 2015 at 14:23. Reason: pls > please, r > are. Please do NOT use SMS lingo while posting on the forums and please proof read the posts. Thanks!
Old 18th November 2015, 15:19   #1433
BHPian

Request Baleno 2015 Petrol PRO Reviews

I booked a Baleno Petrol 205 Alpha for 8.4 lacs on road in Coimbatore. Overall, the car is a good package with loads of showbiz. A decently powered petrol motor, tested and driven thrice in few days under various traffic conditions. With 99% confidence i made the booking. I am left with few concerns. Sans the official BHP review for the car i am bringing it for a discussion.

1. 160-180 Kg lighter the competition, how would be the stability on highway speeds over 100Kmph.
2. The engine bay is opened to see the engine exposed without the usual Plastic cladding or enclosure. So absence of this would affect the thermal behaviour of the components around it or not?. The plastic cladding is found in my A-Star, Swift and also in my City. The SA proposes it could be cost cutting but assures it wouldn't affect the car in anyway.

Note from Support: Please SEARCH before creating new threads for topics extensively discussed on the forums. Thanks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th November 2015 at 15:28. Reason: Please refer the note posted above.
Old 18th November 2015, 15:49   #1434
BHPian

This is more of an alpha vs. zeta question: Assuming I don't care about the touchscreen system (prefer the tactile feedback of dials/buttons over touchscreen), are projector headlamps reason enough to consider alpha?

Have never owned a car with projector headlamps and would like to know if they are remarkably better than ordinary lights. Also, I assume that the lights on baleno are halogen projectors and not HID..

Also will be thankful for any feedback on ground clearance of Baleno with respect to the world-famous speedbreakers of Bangalore.
Old 18th November 2015, 16:01   #1435

Coming back from one of the Nexa showrooms in Delhi. Where all other nexa showrooms are saying they have minimum 3 months waiting period, the guy at this nexa outlet is saying he will try to arrange the car in 20-25 days as the top model (alpha-baleno) has lesser bookings.

He asked me to not even make a booking & just provide him with loan documents. If he has a vehicle available, he will arrange as soon as possible.

What is the fellow bhpian's opinion about this?
Old 18th November 2015, 16:09   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
This is more of an alpha vs. zeta question: Assuming I don't care about the touchscreen system (prefer the tactile feedback of dials/buttons over touchscreen), are projector headlamps reason enough to consider alpha?

Have never owned a car with projector headlamps and would like to know if they are remarkably better than ordinary lights. Also, I assume that the lights on baleno are halogen projectors and not HID..

Also will be thankful for any feedback on ground clearance of Baleno with respect to the world-famous speedbreakers of Bangalore.
They are HID. And yes, they are much better.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 16:13   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post

You may note that in the touchscreen system apart from the music system you will also get reverse camera and also navigation . So you will have to miss out on those as well.

For projector head lamps vs head lights in lower variants , after using my Alpha for close to a week, the drl looks very cool. The HID projector lamps also give much better light and visibility than the other variants. However, given the price difference between the 2 variants I would suggest you personally check them out at night during a TD.

I have driven with 5 adults on board over speed breakers in mumbai and it has been all fine. No need to be overtly slow as you might have had to go with the previous generation honda city or previous generation jazz.
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 22:50   #1438
BHPian

Fried with the NEXA Sai Service at Lower Parel in Bombay. After flicking my charger during my last visit, they now tell me to acquire the Alpha variant in Silver as the Blue Ray will only be available next month. I also need to call the "advisor" assigned to me 4-5 times before he gives me a response. He also informed me that even though I have booked it at 8.37 and paid the token amount - if prices are revised, I will have to pay the new hiked price. Is this correct?
Old 18th November 2015, 22:59   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Fried with the NEXA Sai Service at Lower Parel in Bombay. After flicking my charger during my last visit, they now tell me to acquire the Alpha variant in Silver as the Blue Ray will only be available next month. I also need to call the "advisor" assigned to me 4-5 times before he gives me a response. He also informed me that even though I have booked it at 8.37 and paid the token amount - if prices are revised, I will have to pay the new hiked price. Is this correct?
Having the same problem with the same dealer. After booking and paying 11k, he says 1. Maruti policy that you have to buy insurance from them and you can't transfer ncb. (which is bull) 2. The waiting list for the CVT has gone up from 4 weeks to 2 months.

If I have to deal with this arrogance, I'll just wait. There are other car makers with sweet deals at the moment. Sad to see Maruti following in the footsteps of its more despised fellow carmakers.

For example, the automatic ecosport is only 1 lakh for expensive with the deals on offer.
djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 23:22   #1440
BHPian

I am thinking of just getting the Elite i20 (Option Pack). The guys at Hyundai have been super polite and super proactive in following up. Assured me of delivery in 3 days for certain colors - they showed me the dispatch list. They brought the car home thrice for a test drive. The price difference is about 20k. The Baleno has Apple Car Play and Projector headlamps. The i20 has adaptive reverse parking sensors and rear air-con vents. The rest of the features are identical. All our Suzukis have come from Vitesse in Bombay (Worli) and the sales and service has been top notch - first time dealing with Sai Service because of their NEXA branding and most likely the last time. I was seriously considering the S-cross too early next year but now am completely against it - especially from these buffoons.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks