Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 14:29   #1456
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

I am having a really bad experience with Nexa Bagga Link (Kotla Mubarakpur, Delhi). I booked Baleno Delta Petrol red in Ray blue and they promised delivery in 3 weeks or maximum 4 weeks. But after the booking the RM is saying he can't promise anything about delivery date. He picks up phone only after calling 3-4 times. 5 days back he has sent a urgent request for 5 cars and mine is one of them, but it would be Zeta variant and not Delta. I felt like he was just lying. I said I will take Delta or Zeta in Ray Blue or Red colors, whichever is available first. Now he is again not picking phone. I have written to Nexa on Facebook and Twitter but no response either. On this forum I have been hearing a lot about Maruti treating customers like King but my experience says the opposite.
Old 19th November 2015, 14:59   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Having the same problem with the same dealer. After booking and paying 11k, he says 1. Maruti policy that you have to buy insurance from them and you can't transfer ncb. (which is bull)
You can try to stand your ground on the insurance but due to the car being a new one and one that is apparently in mad demand, there might be a small chance of getting this.

I had same issue when buying the new City last year when Honda refused to let me get my own insurance (my dad has an insurance brokerage). However when I bought my Dzire at the same time, Maruti was more than happy to let me get my own insurance.

They are trying to maximize profits on every car while the sun is shining and actually might let your booking go. What you could do is try and get some other benefits instead. So I managed to get some free accessories for my City in exchange of buying my insurance from them.

The NCB part is nonsense. It's a legal right and they have to do it. Speak to the insurance department directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Do we have an update on, by when would the official T-BHP for Baleno will be out, I have three friends waiting to book the Baleno, but have been waiting for the exhaustive T-BHP review.
I actually open the home page everyday and expect to see a Ray Blue Alpha Baleno in the featured section but alas! Am sure though it's gonna be an awesome one which is why it is taking so much time and hence is surely gonna be worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Had it been a regular Maruti product, with multiple showrooms in the city, I think executives would have been a little polite. What's happening with baleno, is same with every popular car. I've seen similar with Ecosport and many others. Limited footprint and overwhelming response.
According to me, NEXA is a stupid strategy and sooner or later Maruti is gonna rethink. Baleno can't be called a premium car from any angle and S-Cross anyway has not done well. If anything, Ciaz needs to be in NEXA with a nice 1.6 petrol and diesel plonked in. How can they expect Baleno to take on Jazz from NEXA but Ciaz is taking on the City from Maruti whereas Honda is selling both cars together. Really makes me think from where they have hired their strategy team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
On this forum I have been hearing a lot about Maruti treating customers like King but my experience says the opposite.
Maruti - yes
NEXA - no

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 19th November 2015 at 15:00.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 15:26   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
The sales executive at Nexa Gurgaon, MG Road says that the ray blue colour will not be available in the current lot of cars that they will get and that the production of car in that colour has been put on hold by maruti for a while and he will get a ray blue in the next month only.
Another query, while buying a model in January, what is more important, the date of registration or the date of manufacturing of the car?

When I went to take my Baleno delivery last week my RM confirmed to me that of about 325 plus bookings that dealer has for Baleno , almost 150 were for ray blue. So much so that they were discouraging prospective buyers with very long waiting periods of 4 months for ray blue and about a month for other colours. In fact due to the initial rush for ray blues dealers have been categorically told to not have ray blue for display cars so that new customers don't get enticed by the same.

I think similar could be the trend in different cities as well. But for MSIL, given such a skewed initial demand for ray blues it's obvious that new bookings for that colour will have longer waiting than other colours.
abhik897 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 16:01   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
When I went to take my Baleno delivery last week my RM confirmed to me that of about 325 plus bookings that dealer has for Baleno , almost 150 were for ray blue. So much so that they were discouraging prospective buyers with very long waiting periods of 4 months for ray blue and about a month for other colours. In fact due to the initial rush for ray blues dealers have been categorically told to not have ray blue for display cars so that new customers don't get enticed by the same.

I think similar could be the trend in different cities as well. But for MSIL, given such a skewed initial demand for ray blues it's obvious that new bookings for that colour will have longer waiting than other colours.
I don't understand why Maruti cannot simply increase the proportion of Ray Blue cars that come out of the paint shop. Probably this is an attempt to clear existing stock of other colors.
Old 19th November 2015, 17:59   #1460
t18
BHPian

Spoke to a RM from Nexa navi mumbai for Baleno petrol test drive, number provided by fellow BHP-ian. He enquired if I drove a swift petrol as they are same and would not be much different. RM asked me to visit showroom for test drive as they have huge rush of customers in showroom and they have only one diesel test drive car.
So I asked for a detailed quote yesterday and i'm still waiting. The RM is not even picking up my call. Called multiple times all day long.

Frustrated called Honda for a Jazz quotation. The RM not only sent the quotation and the finance details immediately, he also wants me to test drive though I did not ask for it. And he called me after emailing the quote to confirm I got it.
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 18:20   #1461
BHPian

I am sure Maruti itself is wondering if this Nexa experiment is worth it. Haven't seen the snarky comments hit social media much though. Maybe our buyers are just giving enough leash to Maruti to get its act together
Old 19th November 2015, 18:49   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering, but is the Baleno sold by regular Maruti dealers in cities without a NEXA outlet? How does it work (for instance, Karnataka only has NEXA dealers in Bangalore and Mangalore)?
Old 19th November 2015, 18:54   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I am sure Maruti itself is wondering if this Nexa experiment is worth it. Haven't seen the snarky comments hit social media much though. Maybe our buyers are just giving enough leash to Maruti to get its act together
Agree either you on this . Also MSIL will be thinking about if there is a need to recalibrate this Nexa strategy. Think of this , with the limited reach of 100 odd showrooms of nexa the company had received 21k bookings as per it's official statement in less than 1 month of its official launch. This number could have easily been minimum double if not more had they rolled baleno out of Maruti showrooms. That's an incredible opportunity loss especially given Baleno was launched right in the middle of peak festive season. I am sure outside the bigger cities, MSIL is definitely losing its prospective baleno customers to other brands only due to limited reach of Nexa. So by trying to create a new delivery platform (which is also not serving it's purpose as we can see in this thread by the numerous instances of hot headedness and arrogance showcased by various dealers across the nation ) I don't think MSIL is reaching any of its stated objectives
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 20:59   #1464
BHPian

Baleno is only retailed via the Nexa platform. It is only serviced at all authorized Maruti workshops. And given the present reach of Nexa (of around 80) as compared to almost 1700 Maruti showrooms all over India, Baleno is definitely out of reach for many markets that Maruti is serving all thanks to their Nexa concept
Old 19th November 2015, 21:34   #1465
BHPian

Visited Bagga Link Delhi today to inquire about the delivery status (booked on 31st Oct). They are a normal Maruti dealership but somehow they have managed to get the NEXA tag as well and sell everything from WagonR to Ciaz. As far as the atmosphere is concerned there was nothing premium about it. There was a total chaos there.
The RM came and got started with the same lame excuses and rants about the problem with Maruti plant and all. I was angry already as he was not picking up the phone for a few days. I told him to just sit and listen to me. Then I gave him a short but solid lecture on professionalism and the meaning of commitment. Then I asked him to give me a date before which I won't contact him at all but after that date I didn't want to hear any lame excuses.
He said that he will contact me on 25th November and will deliver the car by the end of the month anyhow. I said I won't be contacting him before 26th now, shook hands and left.

Last edited by chandra1 : 19th November 2015 at 21:35.
chandra1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 21:42   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
Baleno is only retailed via the Nexa platform. It is only serviced at all authorized Maruti workshops. And given the present reach of Nexa (of around 80) as compared to almost 1700 Maruti showrooms all over India, Baleno is definitely out of reach for many markets that Maruti is serving all thanks to their Nexa concept
They can very easily change that by accepting bookings from the Maruti showrooms wherever there are no Nexa outlets. What they want to do is gear up for the premium car tag which under the Maruti brand wasn't going anywhere. Now that they have peoples attention with the Baleno, they can afford to launch more models under the Nexa brand. I am sure with the footfalls for the Baleno, a lot of people would have also considered the S-cross.

The fact that the Ciaz is being sold through the Maruti showrooms is merely because when it was launched, Nexa did not exist.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 19th November 2015 at 21:43.
vinit.merchant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 23:12   #1467
BHPian

I have booked the Baleno in the first week of its launch at the so called premium Nexa outlet at Bangalore. I guess they are taking marketing gimmics to a different height by launching an ordinary mass market car exclusively at such outlets.

The experience so far has been anything but premium and the effort from Nexa has been to encourage me continue my research for better deals which took me to the "not so premium" Hyundai and Toyota showrooms where I was well attended to. I would sing Advaith Hyundai's praises for the way Information was provided to me and test drives were arranged in 2 of the showrooms I had visited.

My booking for test drive in the nexa website has not been attended to even after 3 weeks now. But still, I managed to get 3 test drives of the newly launched Baleno (yes I am boasting). I have been to the nexa mela and stood there in the queue like a kid waiting for a ride which lasts a few mins, 1.4 kms to be exact. I am shown pictures of the delta variant which I have booked (no, I am not that premium guy). I hope I dont end up in a "Vijaya mein bhi toh Jaya hain" situation. I dont blame the outlet or the staff there, its the idea of maruti which has brought things to this situation.

Back home in Kerala, none my folks have seen the car. Reason : there are only 2 Nexa outlets. BTW Mercedes has 3.

Its not the nexa experience, but the product that has made me go ahead with the booking. I am sure my next car would have ABS and AIRBAG and Baleno gives those at a not so high price. Space has been Baleno's biggest selling point for me apart from it being a maruti. I just sounded like a maruti fanboy, Well, I presently own a 11 year old wagonR which has done over 1 Lakh kms.
spanner777 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 00:01   #1468

Does anyone know about any exchange offer given on Baleno in Delhi/NCR?
I booked on 6th November from Rohan motors noida but the RM clearly said that there are absolutely no offers. I have an old Wagon R (80K Kms).

Also wanted to know if it's a good decision to buy in December? RM says that price hike is certain in new year
Old 20th November 2015, 06:31   #1469
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Thought of this option but the i20 only comes with a manual. They're offering a great deal on the Grand i10 auto but I want abs and airbags. Urgh.

And I can attest to Vitesse being top notch. My grandmother got her Swift there and the service and support has been superb.

I wonder why they didn't open a Nexa outlet.
The 1.2 engine in the Hyundai is a gutless wonder.

Im not sure if the 1.2 of the Baleno will be better though I am told that since the Baleno is lighter overall than even the Swift, the engine should be a "puller".

Personally, I m displeased with these less powerful seeming engines - why can't they be nice and offer some engine options in these new gen cars?
Old 20th November 2015, 10:00   #1470

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer.ahuja81 View Post
Does anyone know about any exchange offer given on Baleno in Delhi/NCR?
I booked on 6th November from Rohan motors noida but the RM clearly said that there are absolutely no offers. I have an old Wagon R (80K Kms).

Also wanted to know if it's a good decision to buy in December? RM says that price hike is certain in new year
No exchange benefits on Baleno right now. As per information given by my RM at NEXA Krish Motors Pitampura, there are no plans of a price hike next year. Only hike which Delhites can anticipate is the change in one time parking fee.
Prabodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks