Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2015, 12:36   #1396
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello

When swift was not under powered then how come 100 kgs lighter baleno will get under powered .
I didn't know it was a 100 Kg lighter.
So this is nice news indeed.
1.2 litre engine is enough then I guess.

Its a great looking car undoubtedly.
Saying that, I guess if they had felt like it they could have offered this too, with the similar engines as in the S Cross and with loads of safety kit too, to appeal to a more "premium", "power happy" and "safety-conscious" mind-set.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 12:54   #1397
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I didn't know it was a 100 Kg lighter.
So this is nice news indeed.
1.2 litre engine is enough then I guess.
Since I have been driving the Ritz and Swift with the same engine as in the Baleno, I particularly wanted to TD it to know if there is any perceived difference or not.

With an 18 kms TD in various traffic conditions, I loved the way the Baleno drives and it feels like having a bigger engine. Thanks to the weight saving, the car feels peppy, nimble. I haven't driven the petrol though.

So for any average customer the Baleno will be a decent performer. A VFM proposition from Maruti Suzuki.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 14:22   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Isn't this Baleno a trifle under-powered?
Any comments?

I haven't yet driven it but would love to hear from others on TBHP!
Have driven now close to 250 Kms and I would say it's the peppiest of the lot in petrol in its segment. If u compare with the jazz, polo , i20, figo twins , swift twins etc (only petrol) then it's certainly peppy. You can't compare to a polo tsi, but in the 1.2 litre engine segment I feel it is the peppiest. A lot has to do with the body weight I guess.
Old 15th November 2015, 21:16   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Agree with you on this. After a week of driving the Baleno I feel the horn is a little too hard and not conveniently placed. Need to stretch the fingers and also press hard.
I believe the placement of Horn is in compliance with the international standards/requirements. In Europe and US people Honk to abuse the other person who is at fault. But in India, we have the habit of Honking right after cranking the engine

I rarely honk (in city and highways) and I did not honk when I TDed Baleno I dont even remember how it sounds in Baleno as even the RM did not demo me the horns in Baleno
PetroTurbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 22:04   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Ive seen a few balenos on the road now and i have to say its a bloody good looking car ! I don't know why many auto journalists have felt that the front end could have been more aggressive etc. Its got muscle and reminds me of the A class which is IMHO the best looking hatch in the world! Compared to the I20, i think it makes for a equal opponent and could possibly outshine/outsell the I20 in the coming months.
Old 15th November 2015, 22:24   #1401
BHPian

attaching first few pics of my car whom I have nicknamed "The Beast", because it resembles one when looked at some certain angles.
Couple of them taken during delivery (notice the car draped in white cloth just before delivery). The side strips and the door viser are visible for anyone considering them as accessories. I am still a newbie on this forum hence I am still to come to grip of posting a comment with each pic, hence excuse me for the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-20151111_094015.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-20151111_104138.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-20151111_104153.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img20151113wa0011.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img20151113wa0016.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img20151114wa0018.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th November 2015 at 23:17. Reason: coz > because. Please avoid using sms lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks!
abhik897 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 05:50   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
attaching first few pics of my car whom I have nicknamed "The Beast", because it resembles one when looked at some certain angles.
Couple of them taken during delivery (notice the car draped in white cloth just before delivery). The side strips and the door viser are visible for anyone considering them as accessories. I am still a newbie on this forum hence I am still to come to grip of posting a comment with each pic, hence excuse me for the same.
Congratulations!
Wishing many happy miles with your car, it looks Uber cool!
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 09:50   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
Congratulations Abhik897, wishing you many happy miles ! The car looks awesome.
aravindkumarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 14:42   #1404
Senior - BHPian

The company claims 21,000 bookings already. Does that make it the new segment leader? VFM offerings always click big time in India, hope they don't raise prices now. Lesson learnt for S Cross.
Old 16th November 2015, 16:04   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Why did MSIL miss the engine cover? Doesn't look good. I guess noise insulation would be better with a cover. Any after market options?

Sorry mods, missed attaching the pic first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151114_143805.jpg  

Old 16th November 2015, 16:59   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Sorry mods, missed attaching the pic first time.
Actually this K12M engine never came with an engine cover(in India specifically), as the previous plastic cover as seen in Swift VVT & now discontinued Ritz VVT petrol was actually an Air filter casing.
But still this engine looks different than that of Swift VVT petrol because the air intake in Baleno is different & seems to be redesigned to improve the engine's performance & fuel efficiency, and many test drive reports do indicate its improved performance. ARAI FE figures for Petrol Baleno are also better than K12M powered other cars.
Old 16th November 2015, 20:59   #1407
BHPian

Has anyone test driven the CVT version in Hyderabad? I called/visited both the showrooms but was told that they do not have a CVT available for TD, nor do they expect one soon.Not sure how they expect someone to book the car without having TD'd it first. Bad Nexa!
Old 17th November 2015, 14:58   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The 15 inch alloys cost Rs. 5,490 per piece whereas the 16 inch ones cost Rs. 5,890 per piece. Both ones are MGA for Ciaz, and should fit Baleno too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
IMO both these are much better than the Baleno OEM ones.
Even though both vehicles have identical upper end tire and wheel spec (major spec : 195/55 R16 & 16x6J), I have a suggestion that you should compare the 'Inset' of wheels. Anything within +/- 5mm is OK from packaging point of view. Else there is possibility of tires rubbing with body. Since both the cars are on different platforms, there is extra need for caution.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 17th November 2015 at 15:01. Reason: added major spec details
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 18:42   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Came across this review from Autocar UK. They seem to appreciate the BoosterJet engine's performance and the vehicle's overall practicality and space.

Link:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...sterjet-review

Time for Maruti to seriously consider the 1.0 BoosterJet and create a niche which the Figo could have filled had it been equipped with the 1.0 EcoBoost.

Other thing that stands out, of course, are the levels of standard equipment and safety. Again Maruti could have set the goalposts in this segment had they got in some of these. But i guess that's another story for another day.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 22:54   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Congratulations Abhik897, wishing you many happy miles ! The car looks awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Congratulations!
Wishing many happy miles with your car, it looks Uber cool!
many thanks for your wishes.

@aravindkumarp, what all additional accessories have you added to the car?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks