Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 23:35   #1411
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Actually this K12M engine never came with an engine cover(in India specifically), as the previous plastic cover as seen in Swift VVT & now discontinued Ritz VVT petrol was actually an Air filter casing.
But still this engine looks different than that of Swift VVT petrol because the air intake in Baleno is different & seems to be redesigned to improve the engine's performance & fuel efficiency, and many test drive reports do indicate its improved performance. ARAI FE figures for Petrol Baleno are also better than K12M powered other cars.
Now I really begin to wonder, is there anywhere in official documents it is mentioned that it is K12M VVT engine? Especially after seeing that massive feeder into the intake system. Anyone please? Does the Baleno manual say this is a K12M engine?
Old 18th November 2015, 00:08   #1412
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Does the Baleno manual say this is a K12M engine?
It doesn't mention K12M in the brochure but it stays it is a 1.2L VVT engine so it means the same IMO. Here's a screenshot:

Name:  ForumRunner_20151118_000819.png
Views: 4570
Size:  95.8 KB

PS: Browsing from the Team-BHP App on my mobile so posting the screenshot.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 02:39   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Sorry for the B2B post.

Just spoke to my SA. The price will increase in another 10-15 days and as usual, the price as on the date of delivery is applicable. They are asking to take the insurance from the dealer's end. As of basic accessories, it is the floor mat, mud flaps, Nexa branded car cover. The price is expected to increase by around 15-20K which will make this reach the 9L price bracket.

I'm confused now. Can someone please help? Elite i20 is now close to this and so is Polo highline. Out of the 3, which one do you think is better? My driving is about 100kms a day. Out of which about 60kms on the highway.
EliteI20 is now dated and looks out of place. There are so many of these on Indian roads. The all black interiors of Baleno is miles ahead of the EliteI20 and the Speedo, MID is superior as well.

My advice would be the Baleno or the Polo.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 07:49   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
EliteI20 is now dated and looks out of place. There are so many of these on Indian roads. The all black interiors of Baleno is miles ahead of the EliteI20 and the Speedo, MID is superior as well.

My advice would be the Baleno or the Polo.

Hello Mercfan,

Thank you for your suggestion. I went ahead and booked the Polo TDI HL. The only reason why I chose the Polo over the Baleno is that I personally feel that the Polo is much more safer(sturdier) than the Baleno.

Moreover, the whole family loved the Polo but not the other two.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 08:48   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I went ahead and booked the Polo TDI HL.

This is the best time to buy a VW. Squeeze for as much discount/offers as possible. And no doubt it is one of the safest hatchback you can get in India. You will enjoy the 1.5 TDi on your highway runs. Drive safe!
Old 18th November 2015, 10:48   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Maruti would not increase prices for vehicles being delivered in 2015 ideally. Ideally people who booked in the first 2 weeks should get it in 2015. Otherwise there is no point of introductory pricing. Most dealers had only either petrol or diesel for test drives and negligible dealers had any CVT for test drive. And deliveries have started just about last week especially down South, MH and WB belts (away from north factory).

So people having booked without the test drive of the actual engine variant need some goodwill support from the company.

The prices would also not keep on increasing like the Ecosport as Maruti needs to space to price the booster-jet competitively which I still believe will not be more than 80-90k more ex-showroom than the corresponding 1.2 VVT if the engine is locally made which until now is not clear by when it would happen.

Jan 2016 end is a good time for price rise as most deliveries would be for the 2016 model, so it makes sense for customers getting new year model with an additional 20k odd.
Old 18th November 2015, 10:57   #1417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The prices would also not keep on increasing like the Ecosport as Maruti needs to space to price the booster-jet competitively which I still believe will not be more than 80-90k more ex-showroom than the corresponding 1.2 VVT if the engine is locally made which until now is not clear by when it would happen.
I believe Boosterjet production has already begun in India. Remember the Frankfurt motor show?? All Balenos shown there were Made in India and they had boosterjet variants on display.

I also remember the Suzuki spokesman saying that India will be the sole hub for production and export of Baleno to European markets. So that means production of Boosterjet engine has begun in India. It simply doesnt make sense to import engine from another country, assemble in India, and then re-export to some other country for sale.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 11:47   #1418

Hello Gentlemen,

I am going to book Baleno Alpha Petrol Variant today (provided waiting isn't beyond my patience) Please help me with the price list, in getting unnecessary items off the list & what negotiations are possible?

And any advises, this is my first ever car buy.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151118_114251.jpg  

Old 18th November 2015, 11:51   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post

Jan 2016 end is a good time for price rise as most deliveries would be for the 2016 model, so it makes sense for customers getting new year model with an additional 20k odd.
have MSIL decided to launch the booster jet Baleno in India?
Old 18th November 2015, 11:56   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
So that means production of Boosterjet engine has begun in India.
I still have my fingers crossed for a 1.4 boosterjet S-Cross Doed anyone have any leads on this? They have it for China where they sell 18,000 cars a month, just one sixth or one seventh of their India sales.
Old 18th November 2015, 12:05   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroads View Post

And any advises, this is my first ever car buy.
Congratulations newroads. I wish you the very best with your new purchase. Please go through these threads for all the relevant information on a new car purchase:

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/how-buy-new-car-india-0

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list

Congrats once again!

Since the baleno is a new car; haggling for discounts will generally not work; but you could try to bargain on insurance rates (taking it yourself) and ask them to throw in the basic accessories free. Happy Haggling as well!

Last edited by nivatakavacha : 18th November 2015 at 12:07. Reason: more info
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 12:18   #1422
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
I still have my fingers crossed for a 1.4 boosterjet S-Cross Doed anyone have any leads on this? They have it for China where they sell 18,000 cars a month, just one sixth or one seventh of their India sales.
Another proof for Suzuki's step-motherly treatment for India.

i. Other countries will get the 1L 110BHP BoosterJet Baleno, while India has only the 1.2L K-series.
ii. China has the 1.4L Boosterjet with 140BHP.
iii. Other countries have the new Vitara with 1.6L 120BHP Petrol engine.

And the Suzuki top management is aware of the fact that the volumes from Indian market is important for the viability of their cars, as they mentioned during the launch of Baleno.

Also, even though new Vitara is a successful model from Suzuki in international markets compared to the older Grand Vitara model and SCross, it sells in 100s only. If it is launched in India at a reasonable price, they can easily garner 20 to 30 times of those numbers.

India has proved that good-looking cars and SUVs will succeed here.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 18th November 2015 at 12:25.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 12:27   #1423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Also, even though new Vitara is a successful model from Suzuki in international markets compared to the older Grand Vitara model and SCross, it sells in 100s only. If it is launched in India at a reasonable price, they can easily garner 20 to 30 times of those numbers.
OT-
The New Vitara is doing good in Europe since its launch. Even if launched in its European form here, this will be priced above the S Cross and will not find the volumes as seen in EU.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.jpg

http://left-lane.com/european-car-sa...suzuki-vitara/
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 12:39   #1424
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
OT-
The New Vitara is doing good in Europe since its launch. Even if launched in its European form here, this will be priced above the S Cross and will not find the volumes as seen in EU.

Attachment 1440944

http://left-lane.com/european-car-sa...suzuki-vitara/
Yes, but the figures are for the entire Europe. If we consider individual countries, it is in hundreds. Please refer http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/.

Also, Vitara is priced a tad bit below the SCross in overseas markets.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 18th November 2015 at 12:42.
Old 18th November 2015, 12:59   #1425
BHPian

Yes exactly. The figures are for the whole of Europe and then one additional fact. Germany itself has a market almost equal to India in numbers.(This is being discussed in some other thread I think). Instead of all this NEXA thing, they should bring all their premium cars here. I say slap on SHVS on them(for tax benefits) and launch launch launch!. They will sell more than if not equal to what they sell in other countries(individual countries) even if it is a flop. Why so much apathy for their bread and butter market. Just look at Creta if you need inspiration. Or the S-Cross itself which sells double here as compared to the whole of europe.

Last edited by Whichcarnow : 18th November 2015 at 13:01.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks