Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 00:51   #1351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
How much is the difference between Maruti's quote and insurance quote from outside?
6k. The Maruti quote is 27k for zero dep. Oriental is offering zero dep at 21k and I haven't yet explored all the options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
As far as I know a company cannot make a policy like that and force you to take insurance with them. Send an email to Maruti and it should get sorted out.
I plan to do that. Just don't want to start off on a sour note.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 10:16   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaluJ View Post
Isn't the K12M engine tuning same for both Swift and the Baleno?
The engine tuning of K12 between the first generation Swift and second generation (current) Swift is different. The K12 was tuned for more efficiency in the current Swift and the engine lost a bit its peppiness compared to old one.

And initial reports and reviews suggest that K12 is far more eager in the Baleno compared to the Swift. Now, I don't know how much of that is down to weight savings, shorter gearing and engine tuning on the Baleno. Guess we will have to wait for the official review for the complete picture.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 11:30   #1353
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Baleno - boosterjet review.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.jpg

What about the Boosterjet engine?

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-suzukibaleno3.jpg

Quote:
It’ll rev smoothly from very low down the engine’s operating range, but it’s when you pass 2000rpm – and thus hit peak torque – that things really get going. The compressor comes online incredibly quickly, forcing huge gulps of air into the tiny combustion chambers and dramatically improving its character, both aurally and out on the road. It feels far quicker than its numbers suggest, because even fully specced-up this car’s kerb weight doesn’t reach a tonne.

There’s still a good dollop of performance above that magic threshold, with peak power arriving at 5500rpm. You’ll only need to drop a cog for the most desperate of overtakes, even with the five-speed manual ’box doing its best to frustrate with a longer-than-necessary throw and cheap shift knob. We also tried the five-speed auto and found we actually preferred it.
Quote:
Below those revs the engine is very quiet, accompanying the lack of wind or road noise. That’s a product of the Baleno’s surprisingly good NVH levels, meaning the cabin’s a relatively serene environment for a car of this size.
Verdict

Quote:
It’s the small Suzuki for grown-ups. There’s a lot of promise here, especially from the wonderful engine, and pragmatically the space and kit look as good on paper as the running costs. It’s the list price that’s likely to ruffle feathers, but don’t forget how many toys you’re getting for the cash. It undercuts the Honda, and that’s where it’s going to win big.
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-rev...t-2016-review/

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th November 2015 at 11:35.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 13:51   #1354
Senior - BHPian

The booster jet is 6 speed auto and not 5 speed as mentioned in above article
Also the 0-100 projected should be definately in low 10.xx if not 9.xx. With < 950kg and 100+ bhp, it should surely be managable.

The difference in 0-100 in baleno 1.2 MT and CVT is like 0.5 secs. So the box is not an lazy box.
Also, the motorbeam video puts the top speed of Baleno 1.2 at 141 kmph. Is there a cutoff limiter like the Amaze. It would be disapointing. Swift I think goes decently beyond 150 for the 1.2 petrol.

Also, I think, if Maruti launches the boosterjet petrol, it would not be priced more than 70-90k ex-showroom than its 1.2 counterpart to have mass appeal.

All looking to booking the Baleno, shouldnt one wait for another 6 months for the boosterjet.

Last edited by dipen : 12th November 2015 at 13:55.
Old 12th November 2015, 14:16   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Also, I think, if Maruti launches the boosterjet petrol, it would not be priced more than 70-90k ex-showroom than its 1.2 counterpart to have mass appeal.
I don't think they will be looking at mass appeal for the Boosterjet. I am guessing it would be 1L+, considering export aspects and all. If it was just 70K more, they would have already launched it.
SkyWalker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 16:59   #1356
BHPian

The i20 Elite has the adaptive reverse camera (the guidelines curve as per the position of the steering wheel). How it is in Baleno? Adaptive too?
Old 12th November 2015, 18:29   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
The i20 Elite has the adaptive reverse camera (the guidelines curve as per the position of the steering wheel). How it is in Baleno? Adaptive too?
It's not adaptive in Baleno. But visibility and span is very good quality
Old 12th November 2015, 23:24   #1358
BHPian

Took a test drive of Baleno Diesel. Drive was excellent. Planning to book Baleno Diesel Zeta by this week. OTR Chennai 8.72L.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 00:38   #1359
BHPian

BoosterJet will definitely go to India. As you now have a competition with more fun to drive engines. Suzuki cannot be seen sitting with smaller motors.

If you remember the pre-launch of Scross, almost all experts ruled out the 1.6, but we know what happened later. Well pricing of the 1.6 is a different issue for a debate.

Suzuki has to manufacture the 1.6 or the Boosterjet motors in India to keep the costs in check. Imported one's are sure to attract an higher pricing.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 08:18   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Reviewed in Italy -
Suzuki Baleno 1.0 DICT - Booster Jet, delivers ~ 22.2 km /l , Max. speed 200km/h

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-23.jpg

Quote:
The new Suzuki Baleno, which will also be available with a new 1.2 Dualjet with a hybrid system that recovers energy, have led to the modern (and unreleased) 1.0 direct injection with turbocharger: the power of 111 horses is remarkable for the displacement, as well as the maximum torque of 170 Nm.

It is a very efficient engine, as well as low-noise in all conditions of use, and that makes the car very brilliant without weighing too much on fuel consumption.
The figures speak for approval of an average distance of 22.2 km / liter, with CO2 emissions of 103 g / km; in our tests (according to information from the trip computer) we stopped at 18 km / l, a more than good, got a careless driving consumption. Shooting it seemed ready, also because of the reduced mass of the new platform (the house does not represent the time required for the "0-100"), and the top speed (200 times), it seemed entirely within the reach of Suzuki Baleno. In terms of dynamism, the car performed really well. The suspension is well tuned: a good compromise, which allows you to switch over potholes without too many bumps, without conceding too much to roll during cornering. The gearbox, five-speed manual, is quite accurate, but the steering is what we liked even more: not too geared down, always allows good control of the car. Finally, a note about security: adaptive cruise control maintains a selected distance to the vehicle ahead.
Merits
> Help. The car is well planted on the road and not the body lies down too cornering.
> Motor. Despite the smaller capacity, thanks to the turbo drives well and is not noisy.
> Space. More than good, even behind, in relation to the external dimensions.
Defects
> Access to the trunk. Penalized by the high loading sill and the pronounced step.
> Plastics. The facia are rigid (some rivals are soft).
> Visibility. The inclination of the rear window restricts rear.

http://www.alvolante.it/primo_contat...baleno-10-dict

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th November 2015 at 08:25.
Old 13th November 2015, 11:22   #1361
BHPian

Took a test drive of Baleno Petrol few things noticed
1. Suzuki is in the right direction on interiors, safety and build. I liked the torque and power pis on the instrument panel. Safety features right from the base variant. Feels solid compared to swift.
2. The engine tuned differently and the drive is involving, it feels more responsive than swift. They should have given a higher spec engine for this car.
3. Great styling looks much better in person. I liked the RayBlue color
4. Fronts seats offers good support and head room. At rear you have acres of legroom but head room is not much. Tall passengers will have a problem.
5. Boot is big but boot lip is very high, you will hurt your back lifting the luggage.
6. R16 tyres and alloys gives some character to this car.
Old 13th November 2015, 11:30   #1362
BHPian

I was trying to verify the month/year of manufacture for the Baleno I took delivery last week.

The TBHP link below on VIN decoding states there should be a 20th and 21st character.
https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...anufacture-vin

20th character represents the MONTH of Manufacture
21th character represents the YEAR of Manufacture

But I only have the vin like this (x)MA3E**22SFJ101***(x), the 20th and 21st characters are missing. Can fellow TBHP Baleno owners confirm if you have those characters? Is this a cause for concern ?
Old 13th November 2015, 11:51   #1363
BHPian

Arvind, check the VIN in the engine bay it may have the 20th and 21st characters written separately.
Old 13th November 2015, 12:04   #1364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
I was trying to verify the month/year of manufacture for the Baleno I took delivery last week.

The TBHP link below on VIN decoding states there should be a 20th and 21st character.
https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...anufacture-vin

20th character represents the MONTH of Manufacture
21th character represents the YEAR of Manufacture

But I only have the vin like this (x)MA3E**22SFJ101***(x), the 20th and 21st characters are missing. Can fellow TBHP Baleno owners confirm if you have those characters? Is this a cause for concern ?
(X) are two special characters. The last two characters after (x) are for month and year respectively. Do you mean your stamped VIN lacks the two characters after (x) mark???

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-vin_maruti.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 12:06   #1365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Took a test drive of Baleno Diesel. Drive was excellent. Planning to book Baleno Diesel Zeta by this week. OTR Chennai 8.72L.

Astonite,
Could you please share where you booked it in Chennai? The quote I got from Nexa OMR is 8.88L?

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks