Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 12:15   #1366
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

The biggest criticism i have for Baleno is the petrol Engine. I really think they should have plonked the 1.4L in it.
Old 13th November 2015, 12:15   #1367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
(X) are two special characters. The last two characters after (x) are for month and year respectively. Do you mean your stamped VIN lacks the two characters after (x) mark???
Yes, it does not have the 2 characters after the (x) , its blank.
Old 13th November 2015, 12:33   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
The biggest criticism i have for Baleno is the petrol Engine. I really think they should have plonked the 1.4L in it.
Then it would've slipped out of the small car incentive bracket of Government Of India, which stipulates an overall length, bumper to bumper, not exceeding 4000mm and petrol engine displacement of not more than 1200cc.

This is a classic case of engineering trade-off vs regulations. Yes, they could've bunged in a turbo to this powertrain and attained healthier outputs, but then that would raise the hackles of the Suzuki accountants, cost and re-engineering targets!
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 12:46   #1369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Then it would've slipped out of the small car incentive bracket of Government Of India, which stipulates an overall length, bumper to bumper, not exceeding 4000mm and petrol engine displacement of not more than 1200cc.

This is a classic case of engineering trade-off vs regulations. Yes, they could've bunged in a turbo to this powertrain and attained healthier outputs, but then that would raise the hackles of the Suzuki accountants, cost and re-engineering targets!
A very valid point i agree. However i think they already had the measure of i20 with a combination of Swift and Baleno 1.3 DDIS. A 1.4 petrol would have really positioned it a level above i20 and attracted genuine petrol car enthusiasts. Atleast thats what i wish!
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 13:13   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Hope the T-Bhp official Baleno review is being rustled up! Waiting, waiting...
Old 13th November 2015, 14:23   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmans View Post
Astonite,
Could you please share where you booked it in Chennai? The quote I got from Nexa OMR is 8.88L?

Thanks!

Hi, please find the attached price list. Sorry for the bad quality pic. Actually it says 8.76L and without that basic accessories, it should be around 8.7L.

I'm planning to book in Ambattur Nexa (Opp to VW Abra Motors). Waiting period is 3 months. Let me know if you need any info.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-image.jpg  

Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 15:31   #1372
BHPian

8.7lakhs OTR is cheaper than Bangalore. There are four dealers here and all of them are quoting exact same prices. It includes standard accessories like floor mats, etc and also extended warranty. Delta is 7.20 and Zeta is 7.93

I am not a fan of the start/stop button - I really like to crank the car. So, I am thinking of the Delta. But, would like to add the following:
  • Chrome at rear and window beading
  • Boot and glove-box illumination
  • Height adjustable driver's seat
  • Driver armrest

Also, I disliked the alloys from Maruti so will think of an aftermarket option.

I did not see any difference in the tint shade of the glass on Delta/Zeta/Alpha. Can anyone tell if there is any visible difference in a "UV-cut glass" as the brochure says.
Old 13th November 2015, 15:35   #1373
BHPian

Sorry for the B2B post.

Just spoke to my SA. The price will increase in another 10-15 days and as usual, the price as on the date of delivery is applicable. They are asking to take the insurance from the dealer's end. As of basic accessories, it is the floor mat, mud flaps, Nexa branded car cover. The price is expected to increase by around 15-20K which will make this reach the 9L price bracket.

I'm confused now. Can someone please help? Elite i20 is now close to this and so is Polo highline. Out of the 3, which one do you think is better? My driving is about 100kms a day. Out of which about 60kms on the highway.
Old 13th November 2015, 16:27   #1374
BHPian

I took delivery of my Petrol Alpha (Ray blue) in Mumbai on 11/11. I have driven around 150 kms (including 80 kms of highway drive) uptil now and my initial impressions are:
1. The ride quality is very very planted and it soaks all the un-even Mumbai Potholes with ease.
2. The engine is very peppy and I wont say it is fun to drive, but yes it is responsive. To meander in start stop city traffic, you can easily go in second gear without needing to upshift to third
3. With 5 adults on board and AC in full blast, the car drove with absolute ease at 70 kmph on flyovers without a hint of strain.
4. Three reasonably well built adults can easily sit behind with ease and has good headroom and legroom.
5. Touch screen infotainment system works well and found it easy to pair with my android phone.
6. Reverse camera visibility and span is good even in dark. Coupled with proximity sensors, it forms a good package for reversing.
7. Highway ride was very enjoyable. I didnt cross 90 kmph and tried my best to keep the rpm needle at 2k, but the engine was very smooth to drive and the ride quality was indeed good.
8. Front seats have I guess the best cushioning in the segment. Rear seats under-thigh support is at par with Jazz. Might be I20 has slightly better.
9. The LED lights along with the Projector headlamps are very cool and makes the car looks distinctive. The light from the the projector head lamps have good throw in terms of reach and width.

Overall very very happy with the package. I am dreading with the thought of starting an ownership thread given the very very high quality of ownership threads in team-bhp, but will try my level best to compile one. In case any prospective owners have any doubts for petrol Baleno, I would be happy to help

I took the following accessories from showroom:
1. Floor and Dicky mats are very avg. Floor mats leave a lot of carpet exposed and hence avoid. Given there are no floor mats available in the market I went for this.
2. Door viser: Good quality and highly recommended. Adds to the look of the car
3. Body side moulding: Has a chrome lining to it and adds to the appeal of the car. Highly recommended.
4. Mud flap: Good quality, but slightly higher priced IMO.
Body covers are still to arrive.
abhik897 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 16:31   #1375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post

Out of the 3, which one do you think is better? My driving is about 100kms a day. Out of which about 60kms on the highway.
Hey Astonite I have owned Polo GT TDi for nearly 2 years and have driven I20 (P) for just as many years. No Hyundai comes close to a VW cars as a product, but if you consider other aspects such as spares/after sales/maintenance etc, German engineering is Blah!!
I have not yet driven the Baleno (MJD) but I can still provide my views:

- Personally, I would go for the Elite I20 CRDI for your kind of running. Trust me on this when I say you will love the drive on Polo much better than Elite, but for your kind of running, I am factoring the usual wear & tear, considering which Hyundai is a far better bet

- Elite CRDI engine may have lost the pep of the first gen I20, but it still is quite potent. Ironically, it is much faster and refined than the bigger 1.5 TDI German engine.

- Balena may be the new kid on the block, but Elite still looks much better and hot. Polo looks timeless though and if looks are something which matters to you, Elite may probably be your pick.

- Reiterating my first point, Hyundai after sales is not the best in India. But hands down they are not as bad or ill-equipped like the VWs. Maruti is still the number 1, but personally, I think their cars/parts/service/etc is cheap. Not referring to Nexa cars here though.

I think you must take a spin on all these 3 cars and decide which one answers most of your needs/requirements and take your pick

Last edited by Vik0728 : 13th November 2015 at 16:34.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 16:55   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Astonite I have owned Polo GT TDi for nearly 2 years and have driven I20 (P) for just as many years. No Hyundai comes close to a VW cars as a product, but if you consider other aspects such as spares/after sales/maintenance etc, German engineering is Blah!!
I have not yet driven the Baleno (MJD) but I can still provide my views:

- Personally, I would go for the Elite I20 CRDI for your kind of running. Trust me on this when I say you will love the drive on Polo much better than Elite, but for your kind of running, I am factoring the usual wear & tear, considering which Hyundai is a far better bet

- Elite CRDI engine may have lost the pep of the first gen I20, but it still is quite potent. Ironically, it is much faster and refined than the bigger 1.5 TDI German engine.

- Balena may be the new kid on the block, but Elite still looks much better and hot. Polo looks timeless though and if looks are something which matters to you, Elite may probably be your pick.

- Reiterating my first point, Hyundai after sales is not the best in India. But hands down they are not as bad or ill-equipped like the VWs. Maruti is still the number 1, but personally, I think their cars/parts/service/etc is cheap. Not referring to Nexa cars here though.

I think you must take a spin on all these 3 cars and decide which one answers most of your needs/requirements and take your pick
To add to the above , I would recommend you to also test drive the new Figo / Aspire diesel. It's just awesome in terms of power delivery, has good ride quality and should give you excellent mileage.
Old 13th November 2015, 18:00   #1377
BHPian

Mods: Sorry for going OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Astonite I have owned Polo GT TDi for nearly 2 years and have driven I20 (P) for just as many years.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
To add to the above , I would recommend you to also test drive the new Figo / Aspire diesel. It's just awesome in terms of power delivery, has good ride quality and should give you excellent mileage.

Thank you very much. Having owned a Polo (P) for about 1.5yrs, at least for me the service experience has been great. Even now, when I visited the showroom, all the people whom I knew came an greeted in spite of the fact that I told them I had come to visit the Nexa showroom (Opp to VW showroom).

I haven't had a chance to drive i20 diesel except the short showroom test drives. I'm concerned about the servicing costs, parts cost (heard the diesel spares costs a bomb).

P.S : I wouldn't mind taking another Polo if it's a diesel and the discounts are pretty good with the loyalty bonus etc.

About Figo, I took a test drive a week ago and the driving was excellent except that the speedo console looks tiny and I couldn't find a comfortable seating position (I'm short 5'4"). Will give it a shot again.

About the Baleno, I'm planning to deposit the booking amount, wait and watch how it goes. I've decided to have a 2016 registration so, this shouldn't be a problem. In the mean time, will check the cars in 9L price bracket and see which one fairs well for my usage. Looking at the flooded roads in Chennai, looks like a Punto or Avventura is a better bet
Old 13th November 2015, 19:50   #1378
BHPian

Can anyone from Mumbai please upload price list shared by dealer with breakup.

Thanks!
Old 13th November 2015, 20:31   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Yes, it does not have the 2 characters after the (x) , its blank.
Hi Arvind, check the engine bay. In other places it will not be mentioned.
Old 13th November 2015, 21:38   #1380
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Can anyone from Mumbai please upload price list shared by dealer with breakup.
Don't have the exact breakup but prices start from Rs 5.93 lakhs & go upto Rs 9.80 lakhs, OTR Mumbai for the top-end as per Motorbeam!

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/10/car...-drive-review/
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks