Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2015, 10:47   #1471
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Baleno looks nice in this shade IMO. I think it looks better than Figo, Polo in the same shade, at least the front.
Totally Agree!
I happened to visit the showroom yesterday just to have a look if there are any lower variants like Sigma or Delta on display, but this colour Alpha was on display. Under the showroom lights it looked nice and premium.

There was an ongoing delivery of Delta and I thought whoever is happy with the Swift twins Zxi variants will find the Delta variant more than enough. At least for me it was satisfying enough. Of course add alloys if needed, the wheel caps of Delta are better lookin than the Baleno alloys

Nice strategy by Maruti not to keep lower variants easily accessible, because I am sure the buyer will very easily weigh the worthiness of the extra cost for higher variants and settle for less
Old 20th November 2015, 10:58   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Just wondering, but is the Baleno sold by regular Maruti dealers in cities without a NEXA outlet? How does it work (for instance, Karnataka only has NEXA dealers in Bangalore and Mangalore)?
Other city folks will have to get the car from Nexa dealership. They will give a temporary registration done and you will have to get it registered at your place. In case you have an address in the dealership city, they can register in that address.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 12:16   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Other city folks will have to get the car from Nexa dealership. They will give a temporary registration done and you will have to get it registered at your place. In case you have an address in the dealership city, they can register in that address.
This must be one of the stupidest decisions Maruti has made in a long time.

It's bad enough that people are having issues with communicating with their RMs, or even getting a test drive booked. Now imagine the hassle for a prospective customer to have to do this from a different city.
Old 20th November 2015, 12:31   #1474
BHPian

At the time of booking my Alpha Petrol, was told 1 month waiting for delivery, i.e. delivery by December 1st week. However, now the SA is saying that the delivery might get delayed to mid/end Dec.

Now i have 2 queries on this:
  1. Should i defer the delivery further and take it in 1st week of Jan to have a 2016 registered vehicle? (But it will be a 2015 VIN car).
  2. Given a choice between a 2015 manufactured car (but registered in 2016 car) and 2016 manufactured & registered car, which is better? (To get a 2016 manufactured vehicle, will have to wait till mid-Feb for delivery)
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 13:25   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
  1. Should i defer the delivery further and take it in 1st week of Jan to have a 2016 registered vehicle? (But it will be a 2015 VIN car).
  2. Given a choice between a 2015 manufactured car (but registered in 2016 car) and 2016 manufactured & registered car, which is better? (To get a 2016 manufactured vehicle, will have to wait till mid-Feb for delivery)
Well, If you can manage till Jan End or Mid-Feb and too concerned about the resale value, better to wait for a 2016 Mfd. car. Registering a '15 Make in '16 wont make any difference in the resale value. It would be considered as 2015 only.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 20th November 2015 at 13:26.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 17:41   #1476
Distinguished - BHPian

Happened to see a Baleno Alpha variant with its DRLs in full glory. At the time of dusk, it's brightness was super-irritating, specially if you are in a low slung car.

The last time I got irritated by brightness was when an old gen i20 had its DRLs switched on.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 19:56   #1477
BHPian

After reading umpteen number of posts on safety aspects of this car, I came across this article today where a brand new Baleno was totalled in a road accident. Horrified to see this.

Source:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab...z056Gs8AL.html
vijjuvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 20:31   #1478
BHPian

The official NEXA Accessories Brochure for the Maruti Baleno has been launched in their website. The link to this is below:

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...s_Brochure.pdf
Old 20th November 2015, 20:35   #1479
BHPian

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 26th November 2015 at 14:58.
Dieseldrifter is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th November 2015, 21:20   #1480
BHPian

Very true.
Also, What's the point of airbag if 90% of India doesn't even wear seatbelts.

In fact it depends on how bad was the crash, this is what I was mentioning about not worrying unnecessarily about the safety beyond a point. At least I know one case where fortuner failed to save the lives of the occupants. If a truck runs over a car there are very few cars that will live including volvos and mercs to see the light of the day.

That said, I remember seeing a four times overturned Honda Jazz and occupants saved. But that was plain overturning. And structure especially the body cage matters really. But if a car has already collided and over turned I wonder what kind of cars would live?

I pray for those souls who departed.

I don't want to compile crash images of all Indian cars with similar fate here. But this fate has happened to many seemingly safe cars in India too. This is definitely a gruesome one.

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2015 at 12:10. Reason: Quoted post deleted
WRXXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2015, 23:08   #1481
BHPian

Friend's Palio overturned when hit by a speeding truck driven by a drunk driver in the early 2000s. He was wearing a seatbelt and emerged without a scratch. The car had minor damage.
Old 21st November 2015, 03:45   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Friend's Palio overturned when hit by a speeding truck driven by a drunk driver in the early 2000s. He was wearing a seatbelt and emerged without a scratch. The car had minor damage.
Your point being?

Without an actual NCAP rating available & a 1000 different ways in which an accident can occur,this would become an unending discussion.

Let's focus on stuff that we actually know or can test at the moment - like where is the official review anyways? It's been a while now!
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 07:26   #1483
BHPian

Is that a Baleno? Looking at the alloy (whatever is left of it) and the AC vent from the dashboard, it does look like a Baleno to me. Can't believe someone has managed to total a Baleno already!!

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2015 at 12:10. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 21st November 2015, 08:10   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Saw a just delivered new Baleno in the flesh for the first time at a Temple. Nothing extraordinarily eye catching, but sure to grab a second look. More classy than the S- Cross.
Noticed these points.
Grill resembles that of Nissan sunny.
The side profile, specially rearwards, has a similarity to the VW Polo. The front bumper too.
Except the Suzuki S emblem and the Baleno badge, there is no variant name or engine class anywhere. Liked it.

Last edited by rajeev k : 21st November 2015 at 08:11.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 11:56   #1485
BHPian

One thing is impressive though - Maruti's ability to setup 80+ Nexa showrooms in such a short span. Many other manufacturers have done far less in even double the time. Something that others can learn from this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks