Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2015, 00:51   #1321
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

In case people are searching for good deals on tyre upgrades, Flipkart is giving 20-25% off on tyres in their mobile app. Has anyone from the forum tried this yet? If so, how was the experience?

On a related note, is there any online store that sells 16" rims too? What are the possible cons of buying online instead of in a physical store?
Old 9th November 2015, 01:10   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csshyamsundar View Post
Meanwhile, other reviews suggest that the CVT rubber band effect persists and the engine feels strained when the accelerator is floored (in highways). I'm eagerly awaiting the Team-BHP review on their verdict on the Baleno CVT's performance in city and highways.
The CVTs will do it irrespective of who TD's them. They offer the best return of efficiency though as they try to run the engine at the lowest possible rpm for the set speed and any quick tap on the accelerator will give you some momentum.

What it can't do, is to drag race other cars and win from the signals. And since there is no inherent advantage to making the engine scream at top of its voice while nothing much changes on the speed side, it is best to drive the CVT sedately. One will be impressed with the economy it offers.

Based on my experience of CVTs abroad and having driven a Brio AT owned by my sibling.

I am mainly interested in what rpm does 100kmph come for the CVT version. A figure of 1500rpm was touted earlier but no evidence was provided for it.

Hence if anyone tests the car and is able to do a extensive test, they could help out with this piece of information.

Else if the Mods decide to grant us a Diwali bonanza (I Know its a big ask, still) and release the T-BHP review on Diwali day, that will also be nice.
Old 9th November 2015, 01:37   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I am mainly interested in what rpm does 100kmph come for the CVT version. A figure of 1500rpm was touted earlier but no evidence was provided for it.
1500 RPM ? Perhaps, I'm ignorant here.

According to Motorbeam's 0-100 km/hr run video, the RPM needle was at 6k RPM when doing 100 kmph. The guy was flooring.

Are you asking the same thing ?

Last edited by csshyamsundar : 9th November 2015 at 01:45. Reason: Added content
Old 9th November 2015, 01:56   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csshyamsundar View Post
1500 RPM ? Perhaps, I'm ignorant here.

According to Motorbeam's 0-100 km/hr run video, the RPM needle was at 6k RPM when doing 100 kmph. The guy was flooring.

Are you asking the same thing ?
Nope. That was just to get the 0-100 times. I am talking about the cruising range,when on the free highway, the car is running at a 100kmph speed.

For most diesel cars, it comes at 2000-2250 rpm. And it is a bit higher for petrol ones. The quoted number for the CVT was very less and hence my curiosity to know more about it.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 02:10   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
For most diesel cars, it comes at 2000-2250 rpm. And it is a bit higher for petrol ones.
Thanks for the clarification.

Recalled that my Sunny's RPM needle would be a little over 2K RPM when I'm cruising at 100 kmph.

Even with CVT, I find 1500 RPM a tall claim. Guess we will find out soon.

Last edited by csshyamsundar : 9th November 2015 at 02:16. Reason: Minor edits
Old 9th November 2015, 06:26   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
The K12M motor is the same as in the swift, but felt the power delivery and torque was better. Maybe the engineers have worked around with the Gearing and Engine Tuning. Feels Peppy enough.
Small correction it is K12B and not K12M. Yes it is the same engine as swift.
Old 9th November 2015, 07:38   #1327
BHPian

Hi fellows,

I have booked a Baleno yesterday with Kalyani Nexa at Bangalore. Honestly speaking, I did find the car to be good in space, suspension, engine refinement compared to the Swift. It might set the sales chart on fire considering that Dzire sells the most and Baleno so far looks to be better than Dzire.

But, I'm eagerly waiting for the team bhp official review.

Structural strength is one of my concerns which has been discussed a lot here and may not be proven until we have a NCAP crash test.

Swift's braking abilities were not to my liking and the official review here will surely have that verdict.

So, basically I've just blocked myself the car, but will actually decide after our official review is out.

Any idea when the review would be out
Old 9th November 2015, 08:41   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Small correction it is K12B and not K12M. Yes it is the same engine as swift.
The 1.2L K series motor is indeed the K12M. The 1L in WagonR, Alto etc is the K10B.

Based on the initial reports, it looks like MSIL has worked on the K12M to make it more responsive compared to the Swift.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 10:55   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The 1.2L K series motor is indeed the K12M. The 1L in WagonR, Alto etc is the K10B.

Based on the initial reports, it looks like MSIL has worked on the K12M to make it more responsive compared to the Swift.
Sorry, thanks for correcting.
We were of the impression that Suzuki will employ the K12B(Dual Jet) engines for the Baleno and thats where my confusion came about. You are right K12M is the same Swift engine that is used.

And the K12B Dual Jet I was referring to was this. And this is used in all the variants abroad from 2014 onwards I think.

Old 9th November 2015, 11:02   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
In case people are searching for good deals on tyre upgrades, Flipkart is giving 20-25% off on tyres in their mobile app. Has anyone from the forum tried this yet? If so, how was the experience?

On a related note, is there any online store that sells 16" rims too? What are the possible cons of buying online instead of in a physical store?
Tyre companies might void warranty if bought from unauthorized vendors, as of now, most of the online vendors(including Flipkart) fall under the unauthorized category.

http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/why-mic...-warranty.html

http://media.michelinman.com/content...y-michelin.pdf

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 19:53   #1331
BHPian

Happy to share that I took delivery of my Ray Blue Alpha Petrol Baleno today. Pre-booked on the 17th of October and on 2nd Nov I got a call from my SA that I was allotted and delivery was confirmed this morning.

The RTO papers are yet to arrive, and also, it seems the accessories that I paid for hasn't arrived from Maruti, so a bit of a wait on those.

Given that its been raining all day here in Bangalore, Baleno had to prove its mettle on day one, and it sure did. Felt very comfortable driving it in terrible traffic for 1.5 hrs, clutch and gear shifts were pretty good. FE returned in what will possibly be one of the worst traffic conditions - 9.3 kmpl.

- Aravind
aravindkumarp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 07:03   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Happy to share that I took delivery of my Ray Blue Alpha Petrol Baleno today. Pre-booked on the 17th of October and on 2nd Nov I got a call from my SA that I was allotted and delivery was confirmed this morning.

The RTO papers are yet to arrive, and also, it seems the accessories that I paid for hasn't arrived from Maruti, so a bit of a wait on those.

Given that its been raining all day here in Bangalore, Baleno had to prove its mettle on day one, and it sure did. Felt very comfortable driving it in terrible traffic for 1.5 hrs, clutch and gear shifts were pretty good. FE returned in what will possibly be one of the worst traffic conditions - 9.3 kmpl.

- Aravind
Congrats!
Wishing a happy motoring with your new ride. Please do post pictures. And possibly share your experience after sometime. Good luck!

Last edited by WRXXX : 10th November 2015 at 07:04.
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 07:55   #1333
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno rakes in 21000 bookings and footfalls at Nexa outlets continue!

Quote:
We have witnessed over 56,000 footfalls for Baleno in the last 10 days and have already received 21,000 bookings for the premium hatchback

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-jump/49731508

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th November 2015 at 07:58.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 08:42   #1334
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
No surprise on seeing the old and stupid i20 advertisement back again.

The most affected cars will be i20, dzire and swift, imo. Once their backlogs are cleared, the numbers will come down.

But what is the monthly production capacity of baleno?
Old 10th November 2015, 08:59   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

"We have witnessed over 56,000 footfalls for Baleno in the last 10 days and have already received 21,000 bookings for the premium hatchback "
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-jump/49731508
I see how everyone right from MSIL to the media has been diligent with NOT missing miss the word "premium"

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post

The most affected cars will be i20, dzire and swift, imo. Once their backlogs are cleared, the numbers will come down.
Indeed! But, I'll also throw the Honda Jazz into the mix!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks