Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 21:53   #1381
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
8.7lakhs OTR is cheaper than Bangalore. There are four dealers here and all of them are quoting exact same prices. It includes standard accessories like floor mats, etc and also extended warranty. Delta is 7.20 and Zeta is 7.93

I am not a fan of the start/stop button - I really like to crank the car. So, I am thinking of the Delta. But, would like to add the following:
  • Chrome at rear and window beading
  • Boot and glove-box illumination
  • Height adjustable driver's seat
  • Driver armrest

Also, I disliked the alloys from Maruti so will think of an aftermarket option.

I did not see any difference in the tint shade of the glass on Delta/Zeta/Alpha. Can anyone tell if there is any visible difference in a "UV-cut glass" as the brochure says.

Agreed. Driver armrest is close to useless. You can max use it as a storage compartment.
Alloys look like wheelcaps when you see them for the first time.
I don't think there is any visible difference on the "UV cut glass" and the normal ones.

I initially thought about Delta, but then chose Zeta for the following reasons:

1. Bigger tyres compared to Delta.
2. Comes with the TFT screen in the speedo console which even shows the parking sensor.
3. Auto dimming IVRM
4. Height adjustable driver seat and telescopic steering (I'm 5'4" so, I prefer this).... and the other features are good to have.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 16:40   #1382
BHPian

After 4 days of reading this thread ,2 consecutive visits to showrooms and multiple test drives (alone and with family), finally booked Granite Grey Petrol Zeta today

As per them, Red, White and Ray Blue has the maximum wait period with Ray Blue estimated around 3 months. He has told me a wait period of 45-60 days.
Orange and Urban blue seems to be the ones lesser in demand

First time I visited, I really liked Ray Blue and was determined to book it. But today when I visited, Grey appealed more to me. All in family liked both Grey and Ray Blue and I went with Grey

Personally felt that Red did not have the metallic luster when compared to some other colors in offer. Could not see an Orange version, but from a photo posted on this thread, I assume that too lacks a metallic finish. Just my observation

Only concern during the TD was the placing of the horn. Found bit difficult to engage them freely as in my 2007 WagonR

I visited Kalyani JP Nagar. Can someone please confirm a display availability of Silver and Orange in any showrooms in Bangalore?
Old 14th November 2015, 16:47   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Only concern during the TD was the placing of the horn. Found bit difficult to engage them freely as in my 2007 WagonR
Agree with you on this. After a week of driving the Baleno I feel the horn is a little too hard and not conveniently placed. Need to stretch the fingers and also press hard.

Quote:
I visited Kalyani JP Nagar. Can someone please confirm a display availability of Silver and Orange in any showrooms in Bangalore?
This Monday I saw an Orange Baleno on display in Bimal Nexa ORR.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2015 at 19:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
aravindkumarp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 18:57   #1384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Would you know the price as well please for top left. Considering the alpha alloys in exchange for 23.6, these ones would ideally be lower considering the 15" size. The ride with 15 inchers would more complaint in the Baleno than the 16 inchers. One can do with the same tyres as well or upgrade to same size of different brands
The 15 inch alloys cost Rs. 5,490 per piece whereas the 16 inch ones cost Rs. 5,890 per piece. Both ones are MGA for Ciaz, and should fit Baleno too.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 19:00   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Go to Pratham Nexa on St. Marks road. They have all colors except orange. Kalyani Nexa in JP Nagar is very crowded at all times. We came back from there after waiting for an hour for a TD.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 19:02   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The 15 inch alloys cost Rs. 5,490 per piece whereas the 16 inch ones cost Rs. 5,890 per piece. Both ones are MGA for Ciaz, and should fit Baleno too.

Regards,
Shashi
Thank you. Just checked the 15 inch 5-triple spoke ones are 4990 per wheel. Got it checked in two cities through dealer portal directly. The 16 inchers from Ciaz ZXI+ are correct @ 5890 per wheel.

IMO both these are much better than the Baleno OEM ones.

Last edited by dipen : 14th November 2015 at 19:11.
dipen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 19:24   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Go to Pratham Nexa on St. Marks road. They have all colors except orange. Kalyani Nexa in JP Nagar is very crowded at all times. We came back from there after waiting for an hour for a TD.
My experience at Kalyani wasnt that bad regarding TD. Did 2 TD one on Friday and the other today. Did not have to wait more than 15 minutes for both. But both days I was totally unattended due to the crowd till I said I am booking.

Is there parking available around Pratham Nexa?
Old 14th November 2015, 19:50   #1388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Just checked the 15 inch 5-triple spoke ones are 4990 per wheel. Got it checked in two cities through dealer portal directly. The 16 inchers from Ciaz ZXI+ are correct @ 5890 per wheel.

My bad- should have clarified. In 15 inches, they have two models for Ciaz-
1. Which comes as OEM in ZXi/ZDi-Rs.5,490
2. Those 5-triple spoke ones which comes as MGA-Rs. 4,990.

Hope this helps prospective Baleno owners.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 14th November 2015 at 19:53.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 20:05   #1389
BHPian

Quote:

Is there parking available around Pratham Nexa?
There is 2 wheeler parking at Pratham. 4 wheeler isn't available.

Regarding the start stop button feature.

What happens if someone breaks your car window? Can they drive away without the key?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2015 at 20:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit you existing post within the 30 minute window, to add contents to it.
Old 14th November 2015, 21:34   #1390
BHPian

Quote:

Just posting a crude PS image with ciaz alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-1447517084641.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-psmix_20151114215045.png  

Last edited by WRXXX : 14th November 2015 at 21:59.
WRXXX is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 22:05   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Agree with you on this. After a week of driving the Baleno I feel the horn is a little too hard and not conveniently placed. Need to stretch the fingers and also press hard.

This Monday I saw an Orange Baleno on display in Bimal Nexa ORR.
+1 on the horn placement issue. The horn is not accessible by thumb is you hold the steering at the corner spokes. You have to loft the hand to honk or hold the steering at the middle spoke.

One more thing which is a bit inconvenient is the placement of the ivrm and the angle of the front glass. This tends to create a blind spot when you turn left and I have to lower my head to get a clearer view when I have to turn left.
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 07:34   #1392
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Isn't this Baleno a trifle under-powered?
Any comments?

I haven't yet driven it but would love to hear from others on TBHP!
Old 15th November 2015, 07:38   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Isn't this Baleno a trifle under-powered?
Any comments?

I haven't yet driven it but would love to hear from others on TBHP!
Hello

When swift was not under powered then how come 100 kgs lighter baleno will get under powered .
Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 07:47   #1394
Senior - BHPian

From part sharing across models, seems Ciaz, Swift twins and Baleno used the same power window switches.

It also seems, the fog lights are also same on all Ciaz, Swift and Baleno. Would anyone know.
Old 15th November 2015, 10:17   #1395
BHPian

Why did MSIL miss the engine cover? Doesn't look good. I guess noise insulation would be better with a cover. Any after market options?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks