Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 00:04   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Had it been a regular Maruti product, with multiple showrooms in the city, I think executives would have been a little polite. What's happening with baleno, is same with every popular car. I've seen similar with Ecosport and many others. Limited footprint and overwhelming response.
By the way, has anybody noticed that Hyundai is marketing i20 aggressively! The old commercial is back on television.
Old 19th November 2015, 00:51   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I am thinking of just getting the Elite i20 (Option Pack). The guys at Hyundai have been super polite and super proactive in following up. Assured me of delivery in 3 days for certain colors - they showed me the dispatch list. They brought the car home thrice for a test drive. The price difference is about 20k. The Baleno has Apple Car Play and Projector headlamps. The i20 has adaptive reverse parking sensors and rear air-con vents. The rest of the features are identical. All our Suzukis have come from Vitesse in Bombay (Worli) and the sales and service has been top notch - first time dealing with Sai Service because of their NEXA branding and most likely the last time. I was seriously considering the S-cross too early next year but now am completely against it - especially from these buffoons.
Thought of this option but the i20 only comes with a manual. They're offering a great deal on the Grand i10 auto but I want abs and airbags. Urgh.

And I can attest to Vitesse being top notch. My grandmother got her Swift there and the service and support has been superb.

I wonder why they didn't open a Nexa outlet.
Old 19th November 2015, 10:29   #1443
BANNED

Do they think the car buyer is a fool? It is no more than a Swift with higher specs, under the Nexa tab. Engine is small(er) borrowed from the Swift, and the hyper smooth, high torque unit was the main point of the original Baleno. They are trying to sully the name of Baleno, as they did with the Zen!!
Old 19th November 2015, 10:46   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
1. Maruti policy that you have to buy insurance from them and you can't transfer ncb. (which is bull)
Had checked about NCB in Bangalore Nexa and they told no issues in transferring
Old 19th November 2015, 10:54   #1445
Senior - BHPian

Baleno looks nice in this shade IMO. I think it looks better than Figo, Polo in the same shade, at least the front.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-arcnisrhse73kaztdltjsxfsmubprbqprjjkh3injhk.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 11:20   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Thought of this option but the i20 only comes with a manual. They're offering a great deal on the Grand i10 auto but I want abs and airbags. Urgh.

And I can attest to Vitesse being top notch. My grandmother got her Swift there and the service and support has been superb.

I wonder why they didn't open a Nexa outlet.
Yes - the lack of ABS and Airbags on the AT Variant of the Grand i10 is a bummer. I was a getting an AT Variant of the Grand i10 driven only 600 kms for a throwaway price - 6 lacs - negotiable. I've tried to TD the CVT Baleno but to no avail. Some random multi-car showroom chap contacted me and told me he can source the Baleno for me - but I don't know whether to trust him. He also refused to divulge how he got my contact.
Old 19th November 2015, 11:25   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Yes - the lack of ABS and Airbags on the AT Variant of the Grand i10 is a bummer. I was a getting an AT Variant of the Grand i10 driven only 600 kms for a throwaway price - 6 lacs - negotiable. I've tried to TD the CVT Baleno but to no avail. Some random multi-car showroom chap contacted me and told me he can source the Baleno for me - but I don't know whether to trust him. He also refused to divulge how he got my contact.
Airbags are optional on the grand i10 AT.
Old 19th November 2015, 11:48   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Airbags are optional on the grand i10 AT.
Nope, they are not. They are optional on the Xcent. The Grand i10 Manual comes with Asta (Option Pack); the AT does not.
Old 19th November 2015, 12:44   #1449
BHPian

Thanks Mods for approving my membership !

Hello Guys,

My first post on the forum, and i am glad to share that i have booked a Baleno Alpha Petro (Granite Gray color) from Nexa Park Street (Kolkata) last week. Official waiting time is 2 months, but the SA has assured delivery within a month. (As per him, Sigma & Delta are selling like hot cakes and their waiting is anything between 2 - 3 months, depending on the color one chooses)

Was initially booking the Ray Blue color but then opted for Granite Gray as, IMO, it has better road presence and the black element in the projector headlamp jells very well with the gray color!

The car booking experience at Nexa was a tad better that the regular Maruti showrooms and i specially liked their whole paper-less concept.

Oh btw, had booked an i20 Sports (O) before Diwali but cancelled the booking the day i test drove the Baleno.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-baleno.jpg  

viv_cal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 13:08   #1450

Finally, booked Baleno Alpha Variant (Petrol - Granite Grey) yesterday at Magic Auto, Dwarka, Delhi. I've been told they have a waiting period of 3 months even for the top alpha variant.

No commitments for early delivery, however they said they will try specially because I do not have issues with a 2015 model.

Also, considered i20 elite/active however did not go with it due to a under performing petrol engine.
Old 19th November 2015, 13:21   #1451
BHPian

I have booked a Baleno Delta (petrol) on 9th November. But, ever since I have been comparing the Delta and Alpha and wondering which one to buy. Most of my queries about adding Alpa's features to Delta model were not answered properly by Nexa guys. I would definitely add a glove-box and boot illumination in Delta other than adding the fog lamps and rear boot chrome.

Finally, they made me talk to a service engineer who said:

"Boot and glove-box illumination cannot be added on Delta because the BCM will not support it"

I could not understand this very well. Can someone educate me on this please?

Also, I have read threads on this forum which tell about emergency situation features to start the car when a key-fob battery dies. For example in Chevrolet Cruse, you can open the key-fob and insert the metal key part somewhere (don't recollect exact location) and use the start/stop button normally. The SA and engineer could not answer the same query for Baleno. Does anyone know how this feature is designed in Maruti Suzuki?
Old 19th November 2015, 13:31   #1452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Do they think the car buyer is a fool? It is no more than a Swift with higher specs, under the Nexa tab. Engine is small(er) borrowed from the Swift, and the hyper smooth, high torque unit was the main point of the original Baleno. They are trying to sully the name of Baleno, as they did with the Zen!!
A Swift ZXI is 7.40 OTR and Baleno Delta is 6.80ish OTR Mumbai.
The ZXI additionally has
- Fog lights + Alloys + green tinted glass + push button start which would cost from OEM assesories less than 30k minus start button. Even then the Baleno is 7.10ish and Swift with about 20k discounts is still 7.20. Now suggest what is more VFM. All customers can see this well.

Its no wonder due to this pricing, so many Swift and Dzire customers shifted to Baleno post booking them.
Amaze and Grand i10 are offering 80k discounts before even December. Its a buyer's paradise this year.

All mass manufacturers are doing the same thing with regards to sharing engines, so we cannot single out Maruti.
brio - Amaze
earlier i10 - Grand - Elite - Xcent

Last edited by dipen : 19th November 2015 at 13:34.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 13:34   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Was initially booking the Ray Blue color but then opted for Granite Gray as, IMO, it has better road presence and the black element in the projector headlamp jells very well with the gray color!

The car booking experience at Nexa was a tad better that the regular Maruti showrooms and i specially liked their whole paper-less concept.
Congrats!
I equally liked Grey and Ray Blue but eventually booked Grey.
What is this paperless experience about? When I booked I filled up a form.

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th November 2015 at 16:11.
Old 19th November 2015, 13:45   #1454
BHPian

The sales executive at Nexa Gurgaon, MG Road says that the ray blue colour will not be available in the current lot of cars that they will get and that the production of car in that colour has been put on hold by maruti for a while and he will get a ray blue in the next month only.
Another query, while buying a model in January, what is more important, the date of registration or the date of manufacturing of the car?
Old 19th November 2015, 13:46   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
What is this paperless experience about? When I booked I filled up a form.
Instead of handing over hard copies (like what the regular car showrooms do), I was mailed the soft copies of every document i needed, right from the car brochure, price list, the proforma invoice, money receipt for the booking amount, and the order booking form. (Though i did sign on the hard copy of the order booking form) This, the iPad touting SA, claimed was their strive towards having a paperless experience with their clients.
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks