Originally Posted by Prash22 View Post
Got all accessories fitted from the dealer before taking the delivery
1. Side steps
2. Reverse parking camera with GPS - Garmin
3. Magnetic Shades
4. Art leather seat covers
5. Body cover
Dear Prash22,

Could you please post a few pics of the interiors, specifically of the Reverse Parking camera with GPS? Where did they fit the display?

Thanks.
Old 24th August 2015, 01:24   #512
Senior - BHPian

As first servicing at 5k kms get nearby, My XUV's rear air con has stopped working. Even when the rear econ button was lit up, No air was blowing out. Sadly happend during a trip with a few fellow people and when the 3rd row was also occupied. Poor fellow was almost sweating the whole time.
Old 24th August 2015, 09:08   #513
BHPian

The reverse occured for me. The rear aircon button stopped working, but air was blowing out properly. Fortunately that issue resolved by itself and now the button and the airfloe works!
Old 24th August 2015, 14:33   #514
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
Hello everyone. wanted to thank TeamBHP for helping me overcome my doubts and go ahead and buy the XUV 500. Bought a white W8. its been 6 weeks and its already been to Leh and back. 5600 kms done already.

The forum prepared me for the niggles and thus there were no moments of panic and I can truly say that the vehicle is built for the road. Its a complete treat to drive. i will upload the ownership thread and the leh travelogue as soon as possible so that i may be of assistance to someone as so many of you were to me.
I just love the paint job on your alloys. Thanks for sharing the idea, I would love to get them done on my black XUV w8.
Old 24th August 2015, 15:46   #515
BHPian

Has any one opted for a stronger bulbs for head lamps? If so could you please share details and pictures of the same.
Old 24th August 2015, 19:24   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
The reverse occured for me. The rear aircon button stopped working, but air was blowing out properly. Fortunately that issue resolved by itself and now the button and the airfloe works!
Ah. Unfortunately for me it did not resolve on its own. There still isn't air coming out from the air vents in the third row. Also the throw of air in the second row is really average. In the front row its just too much.
Old 24th August 2015, 21:05   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
As first servicing at 5k kms get nearby, My XUV's rear air con has stopped working. Even when the rear econ button was lit up, No air was blowing out. Sadly happend during a trip with a few fellow people and when the 3rd row was also occupied. Poor fellow was almost sweating the whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Guys something like this is unacceptable. One can live with vibrations, rattling noises a defective ICE at times but seeing how embarrassed Tanveer might have felt with people already passing judgements on the brand. This is why inspite of the features and engine people are turning to the creta and even duster. After making up my mind to go in for the awd xuv instances like this put a dent in the whole experience and reduce expectations. Gear up Mahindra, improve your QC.
Old 24th August 2015, 23:43   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Guys something like this is unacceptable. One can live with vibrations, rattling noises a defective ICE at times but seeing how embarrassed Tanveer might have felt with people already passing judgements on the brand. This is why inspite of the features and engine people are turning to the creta and even duster. After making up my mind to go in for the awd xuv instances like this put a dent in the whole experience and reduce expectations. Gear up Mahindra, improve your QC.
Yes it was very embarrassing, Specially when everyone knew its a brand new car with hardly 4000 kms on the ODO. But what makes me ignore all this niggles is that i have previously used an XUV 500 too, So i am used to it, I was prepared in short for such things to occur, And secondly the list of features which the XUV offers, Along with the driving pleasure in a SUV is a very big plus point. The newer models are just so refined and the tweak in the 6th gear has made cruising on the highway's really easy, For instance you can drive from 60kph till whatever speeds you can in the 6th gear easily. Other thing is the space and also the price point, AWD W10 Costed me nearly 19 lac on road, So for me plus points for the XUV's are much more than the minus points. But yes anyone looking to buy it, Please makeup your mind to deal with such niggles.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 01:30   #519
BHPian

[quote=Tanveer_2558;3786406But what makes me ignore all this niggles is that i have previously used an XUV 500 too, So i am used to it, I was prepared in short for such things to occur.[/QUOTE]

By this standard even my tata safari storme falls short. Must have been very embarrassing indeed. Pardon my lack of information but I felt it was a near perfect option from the Indian manufacturers. Long way to go I guess.
Old 25th August 2015, 02:48   #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Any perceivable difference in drive after ECU update? Anything new you found in infotainment after upgrade?
No difference in drive, but it felt bit more refined in cold starts...minor knocking is gone now. And no difference in infotainment as well.
gauravkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 12:58   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yes it was very embarrassing, Specially when everyone knew its a brand new car with hardly 4000 kms on the ODO. But what makes me ignore all this niggles is that i have previously used an XUV 500 too, So i am used to it, I was prepared in short for such things to occur, And secondly the list of features which the XUV offers, Along with the driving pleasure in a SUV is a very big plus point. The newer models are just so refined and the tweak in the 6th gear has made cruising on the highway's really easy, For instance you can drive from 60kph till whatever speeds you can in the 6th gear easily. Other thing is the space and also the price point, AWD W10 Costed me nearly 19 lac on road, So for me plus points for the XUV's are much more than the minus points. But yes anyone looking to buy it, Please makeup your mind to deal with such niggles.
its only loyal owners like you which let me still have a little bit of faith in brand Mahindra. its good to know 6th gear is available right from 60kmph, makes it a breeze on highway drives. im also looking at the W10 AWD but if the autobox may come soon in the W8 wouldnt mind that either. Also since you are a fellow mumbaikar wanted to know the reaction to the orange color on roads and your opinion about orange v/s white (ur earlier color) v/s the opulent purple.
Old 25th August 2015, 16:19   #522
BHPian

I own 2010 I20 Petrol and have been closely following threads on Creta and XUV. I am ex-army officer and lot of my army coursemates owns XUV. It is one of the most sought vehicles considering remote terrains where they are posted. I did TD 2 few days back, minor niggles notwithstanding finally decided to go for XUV W8. Already started the process and hope to own Cheetah before Diwali/Dusherra festival
rakesht_ripps is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 17:32   #523
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I am ex-army officer and lot of my army coursemates owns XUV.
Advance congratulations, rakesht_ripps. Two army personnel in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh, including a namesake subedar, evinced keen interest in my XUV 500 and enquired about the price, riding and handling, etc. after noticing the TN registration.

Old 25th August 2015, 19:04   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its only loyal owners like you which let me still have a little bit of faith in brand Mahindra. its good to know 6th gear is available right from 60kmph, makes it a breeze on highway drives. im also looking at the W10 AWD but if the autobox may come soon in the W8 wouldnt mind that either. Also since you are a fellow mumbaikar wanted to know the reaction to the orange color on roads and your opinion about orange v/s white (ur earlier color) v/s the opulent purple.
Yes the 6th gear is really good now, Autobox might be launched near diwali i think, About the color, Sunset orange attracts a lot of people! Also because Mahindra has also advertised the New Age in the Sunset orange color. Even the new pearl white is really good, Previous satin white was really average, Pearl white is almost identical to the white color in germans. I would advice you to ignore the opulent purple, Since i had seen it in the New age XUV and man it was difficult to makeout if it was the New age XUV, The color doesn't flaunt the new changes actually. I would ask you to see all the colors in person though, I loved the sunset orange, Specially because it was, Well.. Different! And then slowly grows on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesht_ripps View Post
I own 2010 I20 Petrol and have been closely following threads on Creta and XUV. I am ex-army officer and lot of my army coursemates owns XUV. It is one of the most sought vehicles considering remote terrains where they are posted. I did TD 2 few days back, minor niggles notwithstanding finally decided to go for XUV W8. Already started the process and hope to own Cheetah before Diwali/Dusherra festival
Congratulations! Enjoy the cheetah! Do post some pictures once you get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
By this standard even my tata safari storme falls short. Must have been very embarrassing indeed. Pardon my lack of information but I felt it was a near perfect option from the Indian manufacturers. Long way to go I guess.
It is actually near perfect product. And still the best available under the 20 lac rupee mark.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 21:13   #525
BHPian

Quote:
its only loyal owners like you which let me still have a little bit of faith in brand Mahindra.
Dear Vinitbhavi,
Not sure if its a coincidence. Just cant commenting this time. We are in the same boat juggling between Creata & Xuv threads. I am sure there are lots like you and me being silent spectators following both these threads keenly and still being all the more confused not sure which one to go for.

Now comes a million dollar question.... Creta or XUV ?
kk28 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks