Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 15:19   #2176
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Buy Innova with Captain seats, not only will it be more comfortable over both of these SUV, it will be much easy for them to get in and out considering their age. Buy 2,8 which has same engine/transmission as Fortuner. They will be better dealing with Toyota guys as well in case you are not in country and Innova should hold it's resale value better.
Thanks Turbanator for the reply.

Innova was in the top of the list but took it out as I do not feel that as a upgrade. Also, I heard the ride quality deteriorated further from the old Innova as mentioned by thbpians multiple times and as well some magazine reviews. Last nail in the coffin is that when I looked at G 2.8 AT, the on road price is 19+ lakhs and it comes with manual AC and BELIEVE ME there is no music system! I could not believe for some time! It is no more VFM for me!

That is why I wanted to move one level up and see what we can get.

But you are spot on with the service back up and that's why I have Fortuner in my list along with Endeavor. Both ticks most of my requirements but the getting in & out going to be challenge as you mentioned.

Last edited by sgmuser : 8th May 2017 at 15:20.
Old 8th May 2017, 15:20   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Would be useful if you post further update/troubleshooting if any. This is a first engine related issue with the Endeavor so far. Hopefully it is not and its only because of fuel mix.
I have not received any further info on the matter myself. My friend still maintains it couldn't have been fuel related as he says, he drove the car from Coimbatore to his native, around 150-200 kms after filling up and there were no issues.
The dealer hasn't pointed out anything else, but did the repairs free of cost and conducted test drives,etc. which again seems suspicious. If it was the customer's mistake, wouldn't the dealer charge him for the job?

Ride comfort-wise, the Endy is more pliant and also handles well on highways, while the Fortuner still essentially feels like a Body-on-frame SUV.
But if it's for your parents, then I would go with Turbanator's suggestion. The Innova is a better bet than these two.
Old 8th May 2017, 15:24   #2178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Last nail in the coffin is that when I looked at G 2.8 AT, the on road price is 19+ lakhs
Go for Z Variant, It will be easier if you compare with On-Road prices of Fortuner and find almost similar stuff minus 4x4 at around 10 Lac cheap.I won't suggest you consider cheaper variants of Ford against Endeavour given the intended usage.

Quote:
If it was the customer's mistake, wouldn't the dealer charge him for the job?
Not always, many manufacturers do support Dealers/ customers and FORD won't like any bad reviews for Endeavour.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th May 2017 at 15:28.
Old 8th May 2017, 16:11   #2179
BHPian

Hi Guys --

I sometimes note a loud fan or wind noise when I press the accelerator. It happens occasionally, and is very hard to reproduce. Yesterday, that noise came back and everytime I would accelerate (or hit the accelerator while standing in neutral), I would hear that noise again. Yesterday was extraordinarily hot, so it might be linked to that. Sent it to the service station to check -- they havent been able to isolate it yet. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Mine is the 2.2 engine.

thanks!
Old 8th May 2017, 16:23   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Turbanator for the reply.

Innova was in the top of the list but took it out as I do not feel that as a upgrade.
That is why I wanted to move one level up and see what we can get.

But you are spot on with the service back up and that's why I have Fortuner in my list along with Endeavor. Both ticks most of my requirements but the getting in & out going to be challenge as you mentioned.
While taking my aged parents and in-laws around in my Endeavour, they have not yet complained about the ingress and egress. But it is no easy task. It is an art and has to be practiced. Some folks just try some spontaneous methods and get their legs cross-locked in the process. There is a simple way to enter/exit but then it has to be practiced. I don't know about the Fortuner. But the for my parents/in-laws Innova has not been an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
I have not received any further info on the matter myself. My friend still maintains it couldn't have been fuel related as he says, he drove the car from Coimbatore to his native, around 150-200 kms after filling up and there were no issues.
Check out this Video. The guy fills up Petrol into Diesel and drives for long, without any issues. He does some crazy high speed stunts too! Then all of a sudden, during some emission test, the smoke and knocking shows up.
BTW, I sincerely hope I don't come across being too adamant about fuel mixing. Just trying to clear some doubts and share where I can help. I believe one-off failures like your friend's Endeavour is really not either manufacturing or design defect. If so it would show up in India, Thailand, Aus etc where the same core engine is used. Best wishes

Czarcarsm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 16:25   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
The dealer hasn't pointed out anything else, but did the repairs free of cost and conducted test drives,etc. which again seems suspicious. If it was the customer's mistake, wouldn't the dealer charge him for the job?
Ford is working hard to ensure that the Client satisfaction and word of mouth works in their favor. I myself have been witness to their efforts. So it is not surprising that they did the repairs and did not charge your friend as they do not want adverse publicity irrespective of who is at fault. Any debate ought to go into social media and news. And like an accident, the larger party is always blamed as a perception irrespective who is at fault.

Also, all the dealers have been advised to give special attention to Endeavour (and its owners) and report issues to Ford RSM's who themselves get involved for any support and approvals.

So I would think, despite the fuel mix (if it was indeed) and customer's error (if it was) Ford would not behave like a Skoda.

This is my view and I just noticed Turbanator said the same thing :-) while our posts crossed

Last edited by nareshtrao : 8th May 2017 at 16:38.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 17:40   #2182
BHPian

Hello,
Duly signed the loan agreement and all paperwork is completed. Can't wait more 7 days left now.

Learned the art of negotiation and bargaining as well. Added 30k more discount on my on road price. Final on road price is 36.50L latest model including navigation feature. Went to showroom yesterday and checked the navigation feature which works without any mobile or other connection.

I have told the SA to provide me the VIN number on watsapp so that I can verify the details online. I think there is a minimum chance of old dated vehicle as the navigation kit has been recently added and I guess I will be getting from the first lot. Apart from this is there anything else I should check before delivery date?
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 19:10   #2183
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Posting here a quick and important update of my ford endeavour 3.2 AT. From last 500-600 kms we are experiencing intermittent stalling of the vehicle especially while taking U turns/slowing down for speed breakers. Vehicle is at service centre now and techinical team "Ford India" is in loop. Dealership is taking directions to isolate/troubleshoot the issue from Ford technical Team and updating them regularly.

I would like to know if anyone else is facing similar issues in endeavour and also any suggestions on the same. We could not find find any error codes. I was told they will check for any loose contatcs in wiring harness/ground.

PS : Will share complete experience of the whole issue along with 30k service update once it is sorted
Old 8th May 2017, 23:15   #2184
BHPian

Hi guys,
While i am on a long drive through Kerala, yesterday while driving I got a warning that the tire pressure monitoring system malfunctioned. One I pressed ok, no further info was given. Not sure what to do next. Tires seems to be fine. Please let me know if anyone experience similar issue and what was the cause and resolution.
Thanks.
Old 8th May 2017, 23:28   #2185
BHPian

Just took my 3.2 titanium back from a valet driver and there was a notification on the right side display of the speedometer saying "Park Pilot Malfunction". Pressed ok on the steering wheel and it was followed by more notifications; "Hill Descent malfunction", "ESC Service required"(or something like that, and one more that I forgot. Turned off the engine and started again, this time only Park Pilot and Hill descent malfunction messages came. Then drove a little then again turned off and turned on the engine, this time no notification. Please help!!
Old 8th May 2017, 23:46   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_rahul View Post
Just took my 3.2 titanium back from a valet driver and there was a notification on the right side display of the speedometer saying "Park Pilot Malfunction". Pressed ok on the steering wheel and it was followed by more notifications; "Hill Descent malfunction", "ESC Service required"(or something like that, and one more that I forgot. Turned off the engine and started again, this time only Park Pilot and Hill descent malfunction messages came. Then drove a little then again turned off and turned on the engine, this time no notification. Please help!!
This can happen if the valet driver tried pressing lot of buttons together when he had the car. Should be alright after the off/on procedure. In case it repeats then please have it checked. Had a similar experience when the valet tried playing around with the buttons in my car. He said he was trying to find the power windows button on the center console and pressed the buttons for Diff lock, park assist and turned the Terrain management system knob to sand mode. The car gave some warnings but an off/on procedure helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi guys,
While i am on a long drive through Kerala, yesterday while driving I got a warning that the tire pressure monitoring system malfunctioned. One I pressed ok, no further info was given. Not sure what to do next. Tires seems to be fine. Please let me know if anyone experience similar issue and what was the cause and resolution.
Thanks.
This happens once a while, especially when its rainy/wheels getting dirty. If the tires do not have issues then please don't worry. A good wash will keep things alright. I had reported this earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Hello everyone,

Posting here a quick and important update of my ford endeavour 3.2 AT. From last 500-600 kms we are experiencing intermittent stalling of the vehicle especially while taking U turns/slowing down for speed breakers. Vehicle is at service centre now and techinical team "Ford India" is in loop. Dealership is taking directions to isolate/troubleshoot the issue from Ford technical Team and updating them regularly.

I would like to know if anyone else is facing similar issues in endeavour and also any suggestions on the same. We could not find find any error codes. I was told they will check for any loose contatcs in wiring harness/ground.

PS : Will share complete experience of the whole issue along with 30k service update once it is sorted
Waiting for the updates, Harsha. I am assuming your car is stock. Please keep us posted.

Similar issue happened in my Safari 2.2 Dicor and that was because wiring was spliced near the ECU while fixing the Minda Autocop system. It was fixed by the service folks by insulating the wires and held good for 100,000kms.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 09:59   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am having a 2013 Innova and wanted to replace it with either Endy or Fortuner. Mainly going to be used by my parents who are in 70s+. Comfortable ride is of HIGH priority.
Toyota made a mistake by introducing 17" wheels on the top end trim of Crysta but later reverted back to 16 " wheels (after too many tyre sidewall and comfort issues)

Captain seats of the Crysta are the best suited for your parents usage (when riding on 16"wheels)

Last edited by ecosport rules : 9th May 2017 at 10:01.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 11:41   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Toyota made a mistake by introducing 17" wheels on the top end trim of Crysta but later reverted back to 16 " wheels (after too many tyre sidewall and comfort issues)

Captain seats of the Crysta are the best suited for your parents usage (when riding on 16"wheels)
Yes, I found out that Toyota changed the wheels and corrected the issue quickly.

But still Innova to Innova and pay around 6-10 lakhs (depends on the variant) does not make sense. Upgrade should be a real proper upgrade, I believe. I shortlisted Endeavour 4x2 Trend AT as it was given eye popping price and decided to go with it. But no more Trend available yet with dealers and no proper communication from Ford as well. Worst, at least 4 times price got changed in between. But still reasonable for the Trend AT.
sgmuser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 12:57   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
I am having a 2013 Innova and wanted to replace it with either Endy or Fortuner. Mainly going to be used by my parents who are in 70s+. Comfortable ride is of HIGH priority.
Since you already own an Innova you should definitely try something new this time. Why not Hexa it is far better than Innova as a product. You will get the best ride quality and comfort with captain seats in Hexa. You will be saving some good amount with XMA or even XTA variant.

The only reason I didn't buy it was the MUVish looks else I feel it was actually more VFM than Endeavour. My family still feels the seats of Hexa were better than Endeavour specially the 3rd row. As you mentioned it will be used by your parents I feel more airy cabin will make things better inside. Endeavour cabin lacks this feel due to smaller windows and glass area.

Last edited by GTO : 11th May 2017 at 08:34. Reason: Typos
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th May 2017, 15:03   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post

Waiting for the updates, Harsha. I am assuming your car is stock. Please keep us posted.

Similar issue happened in my Safari 2.2 Dicor and that was because wiring was spliced near the ECU while fixing the Minda Autocop system. It was fixed by the service folks by insulating the wires and held good for 100,000kms.
Fortunately, car is bone STOCK electrically and mechanically. I have already bought a 27 inch led bar, but I wont be installing it now.

The car is still at service centre now. They are checking for any loose contacts/couplers in entire wiring harness which I feel is the right way to go forward. On a different note, i have seen many people having similar problems with ford explorer/escape..etc. Replacing main wiring harness is the solution for those problems. Even ford has done a voluntary recall and released TSB (Techinical service bulletin) for the same. Attaching some literature I fould on forums on internet

TSB : 13-12-12NHTSA

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.for...html%3Famp%3D1

I have sent the same of AGM service and ford over emails/whatsapp. I was assured they will look into this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks