Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 14:26   #616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Finally left from work at 9:45 PM and took the long route to Nizampet, via Gachibowli-Lingampally-BHEL-Miyapur. No traffic jams or swimming pools en route!
That is my commute and you're absolutely right. Even the Lingampally underbridge clears very fast, or you could go via Nallagandla and the manned railway crossing (if there's a train coming you'll have to wait for a really long time though).

I suggest this route to people who have to go from office (Gachibowli) to Malaysian township and other areas in KPHB, in fact. Much better than even the Hafizpet road (we know what happened there yesterday).

This city, as I said in earlier post, is simply unable to cope with the traffic.

Imagine what'll happen when the huge ICICI office opens in the financial district. Just the thought of that happening scares me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Seems like everyone enjoyed the nightmarish trafffic of last evening.
Left at around 6:45 pm from office and reached home an hour later. The delay was more because of the hold-up at Lingampally manned crossing and general slow-moving traffic on NH9. No 1st gear crawls anywhere as such. So an extra 20-25 mins, that's all.

Quote:
Finally reached home at 8:30pm and i was so exhausted thought of saying " to hell with the call" but, unfortunately had to join immediately and it went on till 11pm.

After yesterday's exhausting evening, no other go but......WFH
Wow! That's some patience, man. I had to WFH on Monday because the road outside my apartment is completely water-logged. Today Mahaa TV came to create a scene, which prompted the municipality ward member to come. And the gentleman parked his Scorpio bang in the middle of the only motorable stretch which caused 3 trucks to line up and block all traffic for more than an hour .

Luckily I saw all this drama before I even got the car out of the building, so got the trucks to back up. In the meantime, the ward member decided to wake up to the real world and removed his Scorpio.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 18th August 2010 at 14:35.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:14   #617
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the status of the Miyapur - Lingampally NH9 stretch from anyone that has taken this route in the past couple of hours?

I was working (well...) from home today and I heard horror stories (and saw horror pictures) of that stretch in the morning.

With t-storms forecast up to Sept. 15 (daily) it's going to be one unforgettable month in this part of town.

Regards,
spadix
Old 20th August 2010, 22:51   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Any updates on the status of the Miyapur - Lingampally NH9 stretch from anyone that has taken this route in the past couple of hours?

I was working (well...) from home today and I heard horror stories (and saw horror pictures) of that stretch in the morning.
WHAT?
What horror stories did you hear about this stretch?
Do share the horror pics if possible!

I saw the intensity of the rain at 4:00 AM and decided to Work From Home too!
Old 21st August 2010, 08:05   #619
BHPian

Both the underpasses adjoining the Hi-Tec City Railway Station on the road from Hi-Tec City to KPHB were closed to traffic yesterday.

I was not aware of road closure and happily drove down from Raj Bhawan Road via Hi-Tec City to Indu Fortune Fields - Gardenia at around 3pm but was stopped by the cops at the underpass who informed me that the water levels are too high for cars to go through ... at that moment, a Meru Cab zipped through and crossed over so I decided to risk the water and also managed to cross over though I did get a few tense moments when I felt the car may stall in the water ... driving through flowing water reminded me of my younger days when this was a common phenomenon since roads hardly ever had bridges and most rivulets flowed over roads in rains ... talking of living in the Himalayas in Uttarakhand ... the biggest tip for driving through water was to drive the car in reverse.

Anyway, so ... what is the alternate route for people commuting from Hi-Tec City to Malaysian Township?
Old 21st August 2010, 11:05   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Both the underpasses adjoining the Hi-Tec City Railway Station on the road from Hi-Tec City to KPHB were closed to traffic yesterday.
Yup, happened to take that route yesterday to drop my wife, who had to go to kukatpally for her official work. The road was blocked by police and a big parking area has been created and autos and maxicabs are ferrying from that area.
I tried taking the kuccha road , but was shouted by the police and a biker also advised not to take the road. Came back , dropped my wife at Cyber tower, thought that she can take a auto to kukatpally through Kondapur.But later came to know that even that way was flooded. Finally, she had went to Kukatpally through Ameerpet route. Auto charge was 220 bucks
Old 21st August 2010, 20:09   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WHAT?
What horror stories did you hear about this stretch?
Do share the horror pics if possible!
Too late now, but these were photos taken by someone from work. It's a link to a picasaweb album so I don't know if I can post it here.

It's all clear today. After 2 days of rest I let BQ add 130 kms to her odo today, including driving in some *very* heavy rain on the Nehru ORR and PVNR expressways. Good fun, it was. I came back just in time before the evening t-storm refilled our approach road .

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:03   #622
Senior - BHPian

Update:
The Hitec-Hafeezpet road has not been repaired until now (I was hoping that GHMC will repair it tonight being a Sunday with sparse traffic) and expect huge traffic jams tomorrow.
BTW, the potholes have become real bad now!
Old 24th August 2010, 12:08   #623
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad traffic reaching this state in...

years?

Regards,
spadix
Old 24th August 2010, 12:11   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Hyderabad traffic reaching this state in...

years?

Regards,
spadix
Or should we say

months

Very soon, people would be camping roadside, or staying at work from Monday to Friday.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:44   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Very soon, people would be camping roadside, or staying at work from Monday to Friday.
OR, WFH = Monday to Friday. I am already considering adding another day to my work week for WFH.
Old 25th August 2010, 20:00   #626
BHPian

Heard the traffic situation is quite bad this evening due to the rains. Am still at office. Any updates on the Gachibowli to Madhapur PS stretch?
Old 25th August 2010, 21:49   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OR, WFH = Monday to Friday. I am already considering adding another day to my work week for WFH.
Welcome to the club! It does get a wee bit boring at times, but then you can always sneak out to a theatre nearby. That's the advantage of living in the centre of the city !!
Old 26th August 2010, 00:47   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Heard the traffic situation is quite bad this evening due to the rains. Am still at office. Any updates on the Gachibowli to Madhapur PS stretch?
Bad, I've heard. OK till Kondapur, and bad thereafter at least on the Miyapur route. I don't see why the Madhapur stretch would be any different because HiTech underbridge is submerged yet again.

I got out at 6 pm luckily. After having lived on an island practically the whole of last week I'm now making it a point of getting out of work before (or just at) sundown, to escape the evening downpour and the attendant troubles. Today I reached home at 7 pm.

It normally takes me just half an hour but I had to fill petrol en route, and visibility was down to only a few feet on the stretch from HCU campus to Lingampally station, so progress was slow. Add to that the fact that the gates were closed due to a crossing train, and I think I actually made it in really good time considering the rain! I reached home just as the approach road home started to morph into a pond yet again .

Regards,
spadix
Old 26th August 2010, 01:10   #629
Senior - BHPian

I went to SVM mall from Hitec City at 7:30 PM and reached in 45 minutes. From there, MC + some of his friends & I went to Sarvi at Road No. 1 for Haleem. We took the Rd. No. 10 and it was devoid of traffic! (Why did I move from this place to Nizampet! )

Reached Hitec at 11:00 PM and started for home via Gachibowli-Lingampally Route and faced the worst jam on the road! The road had too much of water it looked like the roads have turned into rivers!

Took a U-Turn and came back to Kothaguda, Had to drive on the wrong side of the road (with permission from the cops) after Kondapur and reached home at 12:50 PM!

Reaching home after work has become a nightmare these days!
Old 26th August 2010, 05:01   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reached Hitec at 11:00 PM and started for home via Gachibowli-Lingampally Route and faced the worst jam on the road! The road had too much of water it looked like the roads have turned into rivers!
I heard from some folks who left office after 8/9 pm that it took them 1 hour from HCU to Gulmohar and another 1 hour from there to cross the manned railway crossing (since the under-bridge was closed due to flooding).

Those of us living off NH9 have been really short-changed because of the rains. I wonder how the Tolichowki/Manikonda/Attapur areas are.

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks